University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tarot Cards
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

tigercap
Posted 7/12/2009 12:08 PM (#15869)
Subject: Tarot Cards

New user

I have come across a few different reading of tarot cards, but this is intuitive process, it is understandable. The main question is: there are two schools. One interprets reversed tarot cards as well as straight ones. Another one interprets cards as if they all fall straight, without regard for the reversed position. Which one is correct?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Katrina
Posted 7/12/2009 1:29 PM (#15870 - in reply to #15869)
Subject: RE: Tarot Cards

Student

Either are correct, and depend on the circumstances and the preferences of the person doing the reading.

Personally, I prefer positive guidance over warnings and pointing out the negative. I am more drawn to angel or goddess cards over traditional tarot. As such, I usually read all cards as right side up. But on occasion, when I am looking for specific answers or specific guidance, (the blunt truth or underlying cause of a particular situation) I feel lead to use traditional cards. When this takes place, I usually read reversed cards as the reversed intrepretations.

Use your intuition, choose what feels right to you. It may change at some point or may be more confortable for you one way or the other. Whatever feels right for you - is correct.
Disa
Posted 7/12/2009 1:29 PM (#15871 - in reply to #15869)

Alumni

Hi Tigercap.

One thing I've learned in my tarot studies is there is no one right way to read them.

Each reader does things according to what feels right for them. Personally, I feel reversed cards have a purpose - so I use them- it feels right to me to use them. Other readers don't like to use them, and that's the right way for them. Both ways are correct, do what feels best for you.

tigercap
Posted 7/12/2009 2:31 PM (#15873 - in reply to #15869)

New user

Thank you, guys.
Supernatural3
Posted 7/13/2009 3:37 PM (#15889 - in reply to #15869)

PhD Alumni

I have over 20 years of professional tarot reading experience.
My favorite is what I learned on (rider-wait) but I do like others.

I use that one, because I learned it so well and they speak to me.
I have been tested over and over and pass with flying colors and I don't know how or why.

I quit asking how or why... i do it because I like it.

I agree to the above, as being a personal preference. But I will tell you how I do it.

I personally do not like a bunch of upside down cards in a reading and feel it would be inaccurate. So before each client, I go through the  cards and clear them. I have all cards facing up, turning them right-side up as I check through, and then turn them over, so the client cannot see the faces as I shuffle had to hand. I will randomly turn one or two cards upside down on purpose as I feel it. Then I let my client shuffle (not letting them see what the cards are) and never let them do it vegas style. I only let them cut the deck a few times or shuffle hand to hand only. When it feels right, they stop and hand me the cards.

I then have my own layout, which I will actually read every single card in the deck eventually. My read takes about an hour, so they feel they are getting a good amount of time.
I can do mini-readings, and have lots... like on my show.
My cards rarely never let me down.

I combine astrology, time frames, past, present and future in my readings. The cards talk to me and tell me a story, as I don't believe one card explains much at all. I will do 7 card and 5 card spreads for questions being answered. It works... and it's been accurate time and time again.

Go with your inside gut on the cards... I have each card down to meaning one or two words, pending the card it's next to. I will then, explain that if the card would have been upside down, it's just the opposite. Like one card would say "in coming news", but upside down would have said "no incoming news, so if you want to find out... you have to make the call".

That is how I do it. I do teach this class easily.... either on-line or in person.
It's fun though....
Just have fun, which is what counts.
J
Nadine
Posted 7/15/2009 4:04 PM (#15961 - in reply to #15869)

Regular

I have been trying to learn tarot cards but I can't seem to crasp it. I ask only yes and no questions. I seem to get good results but never when I ask a question regarding myself. Are you not suppose to ask questions regarding yourself because you cannot detach yourself from the answer? I know for me personally, I either get excited or angry at the response as silly as that sounds.
Disa
Posted 7/15/2009 5:44 PM (#15963 - in reply to #15869)

Alumni

Hi Nadine,

It not a matter of whether or not you are "supposed to" read for yourself. As with all things tarot, I feel it's up to you to do what you comfortable doing. It is necessary to detach yourself as much as possible whether you are reading for yourself or a friend or family member, but it isn't always easy to do. I don't often read for myself, unless I'm doing it to study the cards more- I just get bored reading for myself and I don't really have a ton of questions. I don't really do yes and no questions, I feel the tarot can be used as more of a guide showing you possible outcomes and ways to possibly avoid the outcomes you don't want.

Nadine
Posted 7/15/2009 10:24 PM (#15971 - in reply to #15869)

Regular

How did you learn? I tried teaching myself by reading and the message just doesn't register with my brain. Did you go to an instructor?
Disa
Posted 7/16/2009 5:51 AM (#15978 - in reply to #15869)

Alumni

Nadine,

If you want to, send me a pm and we can talk about it a little. I can add you to my MSN messenger if that's easier. It's a lot to cover on a forum.

I studied a lot independantly- for years and I just finished taking a 6 week class.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2009 5:23 PM (#16104 - in reply to #15889)

PhD Alumni

I am interested as to how one might determine what is an accurate, as differentiated from an inaccurate reading, with regard to this field of divination - or any other field. Just pondering
Katrina
Posted 7/22/2009 11:53 PM (#16107 - in reply to #15869)

Student

For me, you just know, I can 'see' it in my head.

But this doesn't necessarily mean that is is accurate or inaccurate. The best way I can explain it is that it is like a thread. The person is putting out there a particular vibration usually about a certain subject. The person is attracted to the reader because of a similar vibrational attraction. If the person is clear in their intentions, the person seeking a reading will usually go to just the right reader that will answer their questions. The cards work the same way - the person desiring the reading puts out a vibration that resonates with the matter at hand. The cards that resonate with that vibration will be the ones choses (like attracts like). The reader will pick up on the vibration and usually the cards are just a catalyst, a jumping off point. Then you follw the vibrations/thought forms, as if you are following an energetic thread or path. For me I 'see' bits and pieces but mostly the end result of the thread. This path that you are following is only one possible out comes. The path you are following is usually the path the person at that moment in time resonates with the most or has a question about the most. If they do nothing different, the path that you follow will most likely come to pass and you have an 'accurate' reading. There is always free will. If something changes or if a person turns their attention to a different path - that is their choice - then the reading would not be 'accurate'.

It may work differently for others and there is probally a much better way to explain it. This is just the easiest way I find to put it into words .
Supernatural3
Posted 7/23/2009 3:03 AM (#16109 - in reply to #15869)

PhD Alumni

Nicely put Katrina...

I will add that the only times I feel it's an inaccurate reading for clients is 1. if the cards are not cleared first, or 2. they were mishandled prior and left that way, or 3. shuffled to where half the deck is upside-down.

My own reasons:
1. It's important to clear the deck, so the client can place his own energy into it, instead of adding to someone else's deal.
2. Placing cards just any old way is sloppy to me, and leaves negative energy with-in, or a false read with someone else's up-side down cards.
3. Shuffled wrongly will not only accidentally create false positives or false negatives, but will also disburse most the energy elsewhere, instead of in the deck. Cards should always be shuffled only from hand to hand, never against a table. It's an energy thing to me. I would have to explain the way I see it in more detail. 

This is how I do it, and my readings have been extreme accurate, enough to have people run from me, thinking I could predict everything. Geesh....

This doesn't by any means say that anyone else cannot do it another way. I have my own way that works for me. Others will develop their own style, which will show them false negatives, or otherwise by just getting used to the gut feelings given from using the cards for wisdom.

I also do not expect people to make extreme important decisions based on the cards, it is more for peace of mind and/or confirmation. However, i have done it, and it was accurate.

Was I lucky? I dunno....

I have done it way too long, with way too many positive connections and correct answers. Too many jaws dropped.....for me to say that they don't honestly really work somehow.

Yet, i know many tarot readings can fit equally for anything. Each will mean something different to each of us.

I call it my way of channeling information from the higher self, to give guidance. I do not do this for a living, but I could. I just like what I currently do real well... So I use tarot for fun and spirit guidance for myself or my friends.

I do have a rough time reading myself, because i am biased to the outcome I want to read. So, I will lay out of weeks worth of cards x3, starting on the day I am on.
So, Thursday will get three cards... morning, afternoon and evening. Repeat for each day...x7 days. It will give you an idea of whether that day is going to be good, challenging, learning, etc.
Left is morning, middle is afternoon and right is evening. I can read this way for myself well.

What I read for others is different. It's kind of like an up-side down pyramid in a way, but then they clients get to ask a ton of 5 card questions that will tell a story. The cards talk.... they have personality... learn them well and they will speak to you.

Most of all, have fun with it....

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2009 6:11 AM (#16125 - in reply to #15869)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for these helpful clarifications

Interesting Katrina, 'cos William Blake, the poet, artists and visonary, when asked by a cynical person where he 'saw' his visions, he lightly tapped his forehead and said, 'here'.

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/24/2009 6:12 AM
Katrina
Posted 7/25/2009 10:48 PM (#16158 - in reply to #16125)

Student

Cool quote! Thank you Paul.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2009 8:32 AM (#16242 - in reply to #16158)

PhD Alumni

Glad you liked that Katrina ...

here is a link I placed here before that has some interesting stuff on it, including free readings -

http://www.voiceoftheangels.com/

Nadine
Posted 7/29/2009 10:02 PM (#16276 - in reply to #15869)

Regular

Thank you Paul Joseph. that website was exactly what I needed. I can't thank you enough for hearing me.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/30/2009 5:17 AM (#16281 - in reply to #16276)

PhD Alumni

Wow, well then: thank Thee most kindly dear Nadine x
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software