University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Arcata
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

horizontal8love
Posted 6/27/2009 8:17 AM (#15620)
Subject: Arcata

New user

Hello everybody,
First off I am very happy I've come across UMS and I am blown away by how interesting it all is, this is something I know I must do for my own personal development whether it leads to a career or not seeing as it consists of so many of the things that have recently embraced my interest.
I am just curious if there is anything in Arcata that resembles some sort of campus, I am nearly certain there isn't but I do see that it's based out of Arcata CA. I grew up in Sebastopol CA just down the 101 in Sonoma County so I'm familiar with the area and in fact was just on a road trip that took me through the redwoods and down to Sebastopol. This road trip took a little more than a month and a half staying in certain areas for extended periods of time couch surfing and what not and in all that time I never felt as good as I did while I was staying in Nor-Cal, I was in the best state of mind of the whole trip. The area is just full of so much positivity and beauty and after scoping craigslist for rooms for rent I realize I need to spend some time out there but I want to know if there would be any real benefits for my attendance of UMS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 6/27/2009 10:28 AM (#15621 - in reply to #15620)
Subject: RE: Arcata

Student

Hi horizontal8love,

I have been a student since March 2008 and I am just a few courses away from my bachelors level (maybe 5 or 6 courses) and have never found it necessary to go there (Arcata) in person. Might be nice but no desire to do so at the present moment. They do have retreats from time to time which may be pleasurable and probably a great learning experience and a chance to meet like minded people. I am having a great experience with my involvment with UMS and I would recommend it to anyone looking for "higher" spiritual education relative to your true self moment to moment in having a signicant and meaningful life now. Thats my hearfelt take on it. And the faculty and my interaction with them has been wonderful online.

Peace is within,

Absolute Sovereigncy (Robert)
Paul Joseph
Posted 6/27/2009 3:30 PM (#15627 - in reply to #15621)

PhD Alumni

Everything is a state of mind.

Joyously or Sadly, there is nothing other than our state of Mind.

Arcata: I wonder of you are derived from Arcadia ?

Heaven is our state of Mind.

Mind is our state of Heaven

Mind is Everything
Supernatural3
Posted 6/28/2009 6:22 PM (#15635 - in reply to #15620)

PhD Alumni

I am an 06 grad.... never been to CA, but must say, I am placing it on my to-do list.

I hope I will get to see so many people whom I have grown to love here someday.

Other than that, I had a very wonderful learning experience without the need to leave my home, which I found to be perfect for me.

May you love your own choices as I do mine~

horizontal8love
Posted 6/29/2009 3:21 AM (#15639 - in reply to #15620)

New user

I suppose I'm sort of nomadic, I have a very hard time staying in any one place for an extended period of, it's just part of who I am. I've been in the area numerous times before but only passing through or to wander around the redwoods, however in my travels i noticed a inescapable peace of mind sweep over me in this area and at a glance found numerous like minded people. I suppose I'm just looking for an even stronger excuse than I already have to make my way out there, but I already know this decision will have to come from within.
mruppert
Posted 12/22/2009 10:08 PM (#18405 - in reply to #15620)

Expert

Since I follow college sports, even to the subdivision level, I am aware of Humboldt (Arcata). HSU (Humboldt State University) part of the USC..a tier three system just as my state is...has dynamic programs in environmental studies and conservationism. The understanding and  progress in sustainable management of mini-environments is the subject of many academic papers. The students at HSU should be very proud. As the students at UMS should also be!
We all wish the same things....but some of us are "hands on" and some are "minds on". May the discoveries made by a poor, humble, student in Arcata at HSU humble the world in it's brilliance. And, may we applaud that student!

Peace and Love,
Marty (always a bad student), Luckylee (brilliant), Poppyhead (bookish) and Sissy (blind and retarded).
soulfire
Posted 12/29/2009 12:22 PM (#18511 - in reply to #15620)

Alumni

My oldest daughter just got accepted to Humboldt U for the fall semester. I'm excited for her but sad for me - IT'S SO FAR AWAY! She plans on being a wildlife major...
mruppert
Posted 12/29/2009 9:08 PM (#18513 - in reply to #18511)

Expert

She is gonna love it! I wish her great academic fulfillment and success.
GO 'JACKS!!!!!!

Peace and Love,
Marty, Luck, Popp, Siss

Paul Joseph
Posted 12/30/2009 11:27 AM (#18517 - in reply to #18511)

PhD Alumni

Yeah - congrats from me too .. wildlife major ... hmm, sounds wonderfully sane and helpful for us all .... I also found as 'our children' grow and go, they leave us with big holes, that might one day hopefully become 'wholes' (sorry for the pun
soulfire
Posted 12/30/2009 1:59 PM (#18523 - in reply to #15620)

Alumni

Funny you should mention that, PJ, as it was a very bittersweet holiday for me. I listened to the 'children' laughing and playing a game together upstairs on christmas morning and thought 'This may be the last time'. Sob. They are 19, 17, and 13. The fact that they've remained this close for this long does not escape me. Nor does the fact that they are growing up and moving on -- much to this homeschooling mom's delight and dismay...
Paul Joseph
Posted 12/31/2009 3:36 PM (#18533 - in reply to #18523)

PhD Alumni

Nice story, thanks ... then if they have remained close so long, surely that will continue ... they will have each other then, after we have gone

and we shall thus remain with them, in a different way, more eternal perhaps ...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software