University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

aura viewing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

cause
Posted 4/26/2009 7:50 PM (#14662)
Subject: aura viewing

UMS Student

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on aura viewing. I have been able to feel auras for years and can often find an "outline" of a person in white. But, I have never been able to see color or any sort of pattern that could give me any insight into an object or person. I have been told that the "magic eye" patterns that form 3d images can help me find or 'get used to' seeing in a manner that is of aid in seeing auras. I have never been able to find the image of a magic eye pattern. A meditation known as softening the eyes is my biggest aid and I am not very good at this particular meditation, finding myself in the habit of frowning somewhat and desiring to bring something into sharp focus and narrowing my field of vision. Any pointers?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Katrina
Posted 4/29/2009 6:24 PM (#14692 - in reply to #14662)
Subject: RE: aura viewing

Student

I am also interested if anyone can give clarification on this topic.

I can remember as a young child being able to see ellipses and different colors around practically every living thing. Just in the past few years have I been able to uncover this ability but have little control over it. Most recently I've been able to move to another level and have actually caught glimpses of elliptical colored spheres around people at distance instead of the typical white or yellow "glow" around people. These ellipses actually "sparkle" or "shimmer" with different colors, but as a group, portray one hue. I have also had an occasion where I was able to see geometric patterning in an animal by accident. This actually looked like light points with different colored lines in a 3d geometric pattern (it was pretty cool) and lasted 2-3 minutes. This has only happened once and not since.

I'd love to learn more about the different types and how to control the ability to do so more!
cause
Posted 5/4/2009 12:20 PM (#14738 - in reply to #14662)

UMS Student

I have through some practice "seen" a aura of white around certain people. I attribute this to a particularly healthy individual. I am currently looking for someone in my area to practice viewing with, as well as other activities. I hope I can find someone!
Mrs Jamolod
Posted 5/5/2009 3:00 AM (#14744 - in reply to #14662)

Student

Hi,
I'm very new to this forum but this caught my eye!
It's strange I have seen auras around non living things even man made things. Rocks, plants, tables and even plastic objects. I feel that this is because everything is made of energy so everything resonates with its own colour. I have seen auras around people before but only if the background is white or a light colour. Weird ha? It seems that to be able to see I need to flip a switch. I need to be in a uphoric (spelling I am terrible at)state of mind. Maybe this is so that I can align myself with the energy I am trying to see. After some intense excersize or beating on my drum. I don't see an egg around the body only layers of colour. The one closest to the body seems to be clear. Some areas can be very thick and others thin. I don't know why this is. My first ever experience was when I had a bad fever and saw a plant! It was as if I had seen it for the very first time. The leaves had a pinky, bluey, magenta colour around them with a clear layer first!
Joanna Jamolod
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/5/2009 4:07 AM (#14748 - in reply to #14744)

PhD Alumni

Halo hello and welcome Mrs J
cause
Posted 5/8/2009 2:46 AM (#14777 - in reply to #14662)

UMS Student

I saw an aura today! While studying I saw an aura with netlike scintillating patterns in it. I tried to focus on it and interesting phenomena occurred, and I quickly lost the 'vision,' but I think it is a step in the direction of actual viewing. any more advice would be great.
RebeccaZ
Posted 5/15/2009 5:30 PM (#14865 - in reply to #14662)

Some find it easier to look between the head and shoulder of a person against a neutral background in dim light.
Try not to stare, but simply gaze just behind where the shoulder and neck connect.
Most auras carry a softness that is more like looking at an after-image from staring at something for a minute.
You may see waves of energy like you see off the road on a hot day.
You may see sparks of light.
You may be able to "feel" the energy.
You may be able to "sense" the aura, but not actually "see" it.
Patient practice does seem to sensitize one.

Suggested book: Barbara Brennan: "Hands of Light"

best wishes for auric viewing,
Dr. Z
Terri R
Posted 5/18/2009 12:54 AM (#14873 - in reply to #14662)

Student

Hello Cause,

I have something to share that may be of an interest. I experience auras but in a different manner than what most are able to see. In the beginning I was not sure what it was that I was experiencing. At random times I would see color, but only one color at a time within my lower peripheral vision and it usually when I was in a "daze" sensation or mode of being. Typically when I was relaxed or what some may refer to as being in the "Zone", kind of like spacing out and allowing my mind to wonder.

I began to notice this more and more in the evenings when I was relaxing or unwinding after a long and buzy day. I would turn off most lights in the room except for one next to me, turn on easy listening music (without words, just music) and write within my journal, the events of the day. I began to notice within the lower portion of my vision, upon the page I was writing on a spiral of color, usually just one color. This color resembled what I refer to as a water color, transulcent, almost see though but present.

In the beginning I could not induce them or make it happen, it was almost as if it (the colors) had a mind of their own, and I was at the mercy of these colors always waiting for them to appear. After several weeks of these colors appearing at random times I discovered that what I was actually seeing was a reflecting of my own emotional state of heart/mind. And what I was actually viewing was my own energy, as if looking at myself in the mirror. For me, I apparently needed to understand and learn what each color meant to me and how it affected me or how my emotional state affected and produced specific colors.

I now have the ability to induce these colors when I so desire by gazing outward, whether upon a piece of white paper, a light or bright wall or similar background to see such colors. Sometimes these colors are brought to my attention, and when I notice or see a specific color I can quickly distinguish where I am at an emotional level. You might think that this is silly or unnecessary but we may slip into one vibrational color of energy to another without ever knowing consciously that we have shifted and for me, this allows me to do a self check which has come in handy at work, not realizing that I have become aggitated or irriated at or towards another co-worker or individual. So when I see this shift in color happen, it permits me to regroup myself (my energy) and raise my energy to a higher level, higher color.

This is also a good tool to have if you are someone who desires to work with others, spiritually, whether in a healing or coaching manner. Remember when we are working, helping others, we are like a tuning fork and it is easy to shift into the energy level (or color) of the other person, but when we can see our own energy, our own color it can assist us ... kind of like using training wheels until we are able to utilize our other senses.

Something I use to do was to look upon something colorful such as a towel or drape, of a solid color, upon the wall. Stare at this color and allow your eyes to blur, or go out of focus yet keep the object within your vision. After several minutes try strectching or pulling this color away from the object of your attention. An example for me was in my bathroom, I had a burgandy shower curtain, rug and towel on the wall. I would stare at one of these objects of color, allowing my focus to blur and allow my mind to zone out ... and as I did this the color would expand, growing larger and larger upon the wall. Another time while staring at the floor rug, doing the same thing I was able to stretch the color of the rug all the way up the wall until the rug and the towel became one solid mass of color. I know this sounds strange, but it allowed me to excerise this inner vision, experiment with color, even move, stretch or pull (expand) these colors. Just keep in mind that everyone sees colors differently, for me these colors I see are of a neon or ultra-violet in color shade and they are not solid like I thought they would be but more of a translucent, see-through, kind of like a water color or like a glass pitcure or a cup of cool-aid, allowing us to see a distinct shade of color while seeing through it at the same time. I hope this makes sense, but most of all I hope it helps you in your journey in experiencing auras.

Peace be with you ~

Terri

Katrina
Posted 5/18/2009 7:31 PM (#14887 - in reply to #14873)

Student

Terri -
Thank you for your post - it has been most helpful.

I think I have been experiencing somthing similar. During my studies or a while reading books I too see colors. Sometimes just out of the corner of my eye around my left thumb, sometimes an eliptical egg shaped spot in the middle of the page and sometimes, but not very often, as a glow around the book itself. Usually the colors I see are a representation of the area or focus point the book is based upon or the chakra color where the healing is to take place.

Very interesting!
DooDah
Posted 5/31/2009 6:19 PM (#15089 - in reply to #14662)

"I see auras" said just like the kid in the movie "I see dead people"

Couldn't resist, just joking!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software