University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you respond to meditations?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

Moo
Posted 1/31/2009 9:21 PM (#13527)
Subject: How do you respond to meditations?

New user

First I want to say HI and I'm glad to meet everybody. This is my first thread so your responses will be most anticipated. I have been a student since June 2008 and while it's not good of me to be asking this question so late in the game, I figured now is better than never.

How do you respond to the meditations in the exam? I have written responses that range from deep down emotional connections, controversial objections, to luke warm reactions and yet I don't know if any of them are what UMS is looking for. I don't seem to be getting any negative responses from the graders, but I still wonder if what I write is what they are looking for.

Anyone have an answer?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 1/31/2009 9:37 PM (#13529 - in reply to #13527)
Subject: RE: How do you respond to meditations?

Expert

Don't feel ill at ease, Mu, I haven't even gotten that far yet. For a certain reason, no less.
Welcome to the place to be!

Peace and Love,
Marty and KitKat Bars, Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl
Moo
Posted 1/31/2009 9:40 PM (#13530 - in reply to #13527)

New user

Yup, I'm really diggin the cool vibe in here Nice to meet you.
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 1/31/2009 10:41 PM (#13531 - in reply to #13527)

Student

Hi Moo! Nice to meet you.

There is no right or wrong answer because it is your personal experience of the meditations. So go for it. Enjoy! Your perfect in your answers. Engage! As Capt. Picard would say.

Peace,

Robert
Moo
Posted 1/31/2009 11:12 PM (#13532 - in reply to #13531)

New user

Absolute Sovereigncy - 1/31/2009 8:41 PM

Hi Moo! Nice to meet you.

There is no right or wrong answer because it is your personal experience of the meditations. So go for it. Enjoy! Your perfect in your answers. Engage! As Capt. Picard would say.

Peace,

Robert

That's kind of what I assumed, but I am always careful with my assumptions when it comes to assignments. I suppose I am domesticated in the traditional education system, and used to following their ludicrous requirements focused on length and the parroting of information that I kept hold of my insecurities. I've never been one to amply regurgitate instructors, let alone feel *my* responses were adequate. All's well then!
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 2/1/2009 1:18 PM (#13536 - in reply to #13527)

Student

You can call the office to verify the information.

Robert
Tracy Martin
Posted 2/1/2009 3:14 PM (#13538 - in reply to #13527)

Alumni

Hi Moo! Lovely cow face! 

We are looking for your experience, as you have expressed it. Sometimes it is lukewarm and not very involved, sometimes it feels transformative and enlightening. Whatever happens, become an alert observer of your experience...bring your attention to your experience. Let go of analyzing, judging, evaluating, etc. and give an account of what seemed to be happening for you. This is a vital part of the exercise of inquiry and is more about your personal journey. So, there are no "right" or "wrong" answers. Consider the written portions of the exams to be a kind of diary or journal for yourself.

If you have questions or concerns within the meditative experience, please let us know in the exam dialog or in the body of your report. We read all of your written answers and appreciate having a sense of your individual process. Actually, students reports contain fascinating and interesting experiences of spiritual, mental, emotional challenges and insights, and we (the folks that take care of your exams) are honored and inspired to be witnesses.

Occasionally we assist with suggestions for specific questions and challenges we see the student facing. Hey, for some reporting on their actual experience is a challenge, as they are more used to evaluating.  For the most part we see an amazingly wise force at work within students that moves towards harmony, compassion, understanding, and realization, and we look on with great gratitude. So, if you are receiving comments like "great work!" please accept that we mean that in truth, and what more can be said? We want you to know that we are here, paying attention. If you are looking for more specific feedback...let us know what you are looking for.

Thanks for all the work you do as students, for the journeys that you share with us, plain and fancy, and for the beautiful intentions of your hearts to heal yourself and others. We are blessed.
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/2/2009 8:12 AM (#13545 - in reply to #13538)

PhD Alumni

I recently posted an extract from one of my meditations on the 'Let me today' thread, evoked by Aquarius .... the guided meditations and careful responses are one of the things that make UMS so special - thanks everyone .... nice of you to drop by Tracy, by the way x
Crystalpersuasion
Posted 2/2/2009 7:32 PM (#13551 - in reply to #13527)

Student

Hi Everyone,
I posted my meditation response for the first course. All I can say is that my answers were honest and pure. I am always curious as to the experience others have. Maybe only to assure myself that I am doing it "right". I also would like to comment on how nice it is to take a course out of pure fascination and interest. I just finished my Banking and Finance Degree and it was mind bending to say the least. I enjoy the UMS courses, they are truly a joy.
Tracy Martin
Posted 2/2/2009 9:17 PM (#13552 - in reply to #13527)

Alumni

Hi Paul!

Welcome CrystalPersuasion!

Student responses to the meditations are often full of symbolism, archetypes, and wonderful imagery. We have found that your fellow students are sincere, curious, open-minded and open-hearted people who are really excited about delving into the subjects that UMS offers. A lot of wisdom and compassion is described in their experience of their studies. However, as in any field, some subjects are more intriguing and personally meaningful than others.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software