University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heading for the Orange Bowl......
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 11/18/2008 12:00 AM (#12486)
Subject: Heading for the Orange Bowl......

Expert

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 11/18/2008 2:09 PM (#12499 - in reply to #12486)
Subject: RE: Heading for the Orange Bowl......

PhD Alumni

Enjoy....

As I will enjoy Ohio, whomping on Michigan once again this week. LOL

Marsha Z
Posted 11/18/2008 2:25 PM (#12501 - in reply to #12486)

Student

I have never really been into sports, but your thread got me thinking....
There is so much energy and focus in the stadiums at games, that (if it were possible) it would be nice to be able to use that as a group effort toward more than just the game... Like having everyone visualize world peace or the end of hunger etc. at the start of the games...especially televised ones...just rambling wishful thinking...

MZ
Supernatural3
Posted 11/18/2008 2:58 PM (#12502 - in reply to #12486)

PhD Alumni

Marsha, I am not an avid sports fan either, I have only been obligated as my kids are a part of sports. I go for them. I do enjoy watching basketball a little more than football, but I wouldn't go to any, had my child not be involved.

You are right about the energy in the air though.... it's massive. If we could do the same thing for positive intent, wow. That would be nice.

I do remember once, when a kid died on the football field at our local highschool. Candles and prayer took place at the next game. With silence for our beloved football player Josh, who died instantly on the field. I never felt such positive energy, that poured out for him. The entire stadium was filled with people who all had candles with cups, keeping the wind from blowing them out. The silence right after the prayer announcement was breathtaking. I swear I can still feel that moment.

I know our world has it.... now if everyone would just use it for good.

Blessings~

searching
Posted 11/18/2008 10:17 PM (#12510 - in reply to #12486)

Regular

I live an hour from Lubbock TX and am looking foward to watching Texas Tech. They could win it all this year. Go Red Raiders!
mruppert
Posted 11/22/2008 11:18 PM (#12532 - in reply to #12486)

Expert

This post generated more female responses than male. Significance?

The Terps embarrassedĀ ourselves, once again, in front of the nation, giving FSU an easy win.

Now, we have to beat BC (Boston College-a Jesuit school).....a massive moral dilemma for me!!!

P&Love,

Marty and Luck, Popp, and Siss

searching
Posted 11/23/2008 7:32 PM (#12540 - in reply to #12486)

Regular

what OU did to the red reiders was just ugly.
mruppert
Posted 11/28/2008 5:57 PM (#12587 - in reply to #12540)

Expert

Yes, indeed it was!
And the Aggies had a very rough ride on Thanksgiving, also!
searching
Posted 11/30/2008 6:46 PM (#12602 - in reply to #12587)

Regular

looks like OU beats out both Texas teams for big 12. oh well maybe next year.
mruppert
Posted 12/1/2008 8:17 PM (#12634 - in reply to #12486)

Expert

First, I think MarshaZee made a good point. This past TDay weekend, the crowd KNEW that the Nebraska kid, Alex(?) Henry would make the 57 yarder. In essence, they "willed" him on. The KU kids knew that they would beat Mizzou, and never had a moments doubt. The noise was deafening in Arrowhead, and the crowd was a MOST influential factor. Hat's off to you, MayZee, I think you understand cosmic resonance in a very practical and demonstrative way.

Second, Searchererer....I really feel for you.....the Big 12 mess was just that....a mess! UT and TTU deserve better than the conference is giving them. But, I am not sure that even a whippin by the Cowboys of the Sooners would have changed things much....because then you have the controversy of Texas or Tech??? Anyway, I hope Chase has a great game and I say "Go Tigers!"
I usually go with teams that have cats as mascots......

Third and last....The Mighty Terps were defeated by the Jesuitical Boston College...the Pope Prevails...and I am soooo glad! This was important since a BC Eagles win shut FSU out of the ACC Atlantic Conference championship. I don't feel sorry for the Terps....even with all the handicaps we have....an open sided stadium....can't generate much crowd noise when one entire side of the stadium is open.....yet we were at home in the freezing cold and SHOULD have been able to beat the FSU sunshine, orange juice boys...bad....the way the UFla Gators did! But, NOOOOOOOOOO! We couldn't get interested enough in the game to win it! And so, if we are extremely lucky, we might be invited to the Popeil's Pocket Fishermans-Bank of Sandusky Bowl played on some day after Christmas, somewhere, someplace in some time that nobody really cares about.

Search....don't feel bad....the excitement that the two T's gave us this season is worth 10 Terps seasons. And, you guys are going to some pretty nifty Bowls. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Love,
Marty and MultiConference Cats, Luck, Popp and Siss.....but we unanimously have an intense dislike of the USC Trojans.....what kind of team names themselves after condoms???? (This was an example of crass Maryland humor....which we think is funny....since we are a bunch of morons)
Paul Joseph
Posted 12/2/2008 3:53 AM (#12647 - in reply to #12486)

PhD Alumni

Ball games have a long mystical tradition - check out the Maya, for example ... then again there were those Roman collosseum events with Christians, lions and gladiators .... a British science fiction series called Quatermass once proposed that large sporting areanas were built where they were to re-attract alien invaders who had been here once before, with the enrgies of souls as the life force on which to feed ....
mruppert
Posted 12/20/2008 11:15 PM (#12730 - in reply to #12486)
Subject: RE: Heading for the Orange Bowl......REVISED, FRESH, AND MORONIC

Expert

BOWLING WE GO!
Navy v Wake Forest DEMON DEACONS ( I love their name! ) produced 28K fans here in Washington DC, for the first ever EagleBank Bowl. I didn't even know Eagles had a bank. Do Owls also have one? In the way of fans, Navy was expected to produce 30K and Wake 3K. Had it been Maryland v Navy the crowd would have numbered at least 50K, since we are both in the state of Maryland and not to far away from each other......and the Terps handed Navy a bad butt-whuppin two seasons ago. The Deac's won...a ho-hum game.
New Mexico Bowl-Colorado State feeling Ram tough over Fresno State..now just where the heck in Kalifournyuh is Fresno? Awnold Schawzneggew knors! Fwesno,yah, ....dat is somewhewe hewe in my state of Califownia of which I am the Govewnew
St. Petersburg Bowl.....well, when you gotta go to Russia to play in a bowl game, you might as well stay home! How can a playing field under a dome have white stuff on most of its surface? Memphis should stick to blues and BBQ.....Florida raises football players like saw grass, junebugs, and flying cockroaches. Congrats to the Orange Juice Boys!
Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl.......game in progress....what happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas, particularly if you are a believer in some Later Day Saints. You know, I am really hoping BYU can pull this game out....only because I hate the dumb bright red uniforms that Arizona is wearing....red in Arizona.....must be cool and comfortable. I wonder if some Arizonians might like to buy some central heating systems?

Peace and Luv,
Marty and Cotton Bowl Cats, Luck, Popp and Siss.....
Sorry Search.......as much as I admire TT, when it comes to that one...I go with Ole Miss!!!!!
After all, they beat that dumb%ss Tebow.

Edited by mruppert 12/20/2008 11:18 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 12/21/2008 6:20 PM (#12740 - in reply to #12730)
Subject: RE: Heading for the Orange Bowl......REVISED, FRESH, AND MORONIC

PhD Alumni

Ah bowling, Marty, now there is a common interest - did you do this deliberately to remind me of Sir Francis Drake, completing his game of bowls before deigning to meet the Spanish Armada in battle (maybe he knew the weather forecast ...) ?

Ha - I suspect so -

and then there is Rip Van Winkle, awakened to see men playing bowls .... and then, which you could not have known, surely,

is that my old dad, long now since passed to the great Farthest Shore, used to tell me, when it thundered in the sky, that that was simply Rip Van Winkle and his men playing bowls, in the clouds above .... !
mruppert
Posted 12/21/2008 8:42 PM (#12741 - in reply to #12486)

Expert

.....sleeping whilst the men played on Bowling Green....RVW...my man..they wrote a song about him....can't find it on UTuub, it is really old.

SoMiss is playing Troy (btw, the UMUC new prez is from Troy) and this is a wild game...scoring by both teams in the first five minutes?????? Wow.....7 Up with 9:45 in the first quarter!!!!!!!! This is going to be crazy!

P&Touchdowns,
Marty and Luck, Popp, and Sissy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software