University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grant Park-Chicago, IL USA -Final Thought
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 11/5/2008 12:27 AM (#12092)
Subject: Grant Park-Chicago, IL USA -Final Thought

Expert

As I watch the happy crowds celebrating the election of our new president in Grant Park, I cannot help but remember the brutality that occurred there in 1968. The cops and National Guard brutally beat up anti war protestors and anyone else who happen to be in the area. The leftist male students brought their feather weight girlfriends....the cops had a field day with these poor little girls. It seems "intrusive" searches were de riguer!
In our (the Hew Hess Hay) recent history, it seems that we have almost unilaterally had the capacity to be deceived by our leaders.
We will suffer our fate as is ordained. But, if you all will, go back to those shining moments in our history, when the word democracy meant something....and forget the brilliant rhetoric of a speech that was not even written by the man who spoke it.

We can have a brighter future,
Peace and Love,
Marty and the authors of my words, Luck, Popp and Siss, cats who will live longer than me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Danjummai
Posted 11/6/2008 1:11 PM (#12169 - in reply to #12092)
Subject: RE: Grant Park-Chicago, IL USA -Final Thought

PhD Alumni

Vicissitudes of time,  Mighty Powers – if I may…

Infinite Love!

instinctual
Posted 11/6/2008 7:18 PM (#12190 - in reply to #12092)

PhD Alumni

OF course BO didn't write the speech...that's what speech writers are for. I am sure his sentiments are deeply engrained in those words, however.

Rock on, B!

mruppert
Posted 11/7/2008 12:56 AM (#12198 - in reply to #12092)

Expert

Exactly right!!!!!!!!!

And, if Georgie had gotten some good speech writers, who wrote in words he could pronounce, he "coulda bin a cotenda" ohhhhh....I demeaned Marlon Brando, in "On the Waterfront" who brought to life the angst of a man who Bud Shulberg wrote as just a cheap hoodlum but with big dreams. Shulbergs words would be long forgotten, and the movie would be just some molding celluloid, except for the fact that Marlon Brando spoke the words that he wrote. Brando was the instrument of Shulbergs words....so who is the great one......obviously Brando....he made the words leap off the page and into the eye and brain of people.

Watch Brando do Marc Antony's famous speech in Julius Caeser......"Friends, Romans, and Countrymen.....................................". Yes, he definitively speaks the words, and I don't believe that anyone will do it better, BUT.............Brando was a great actor, and that is his legacy. It does not change the fact that he interpreted the words written by others, whether it be Shulberg or Shakespeare. 

So, I ask you quite honestly, where is the essence and where is the substance?

Kids fought against LBJ, and I thought quite unfairly, as Nam was not his war, it was JFK's.

Kids toppled Richard Nixon, and I thought quite fairly, as he was a criminal.

I don't even come close to being one of those kids again, but I still cannot sit still and see people being used without letting them know how badly they are being used.

At least, now we can truly say that the whole world IS watching.....something that happened well after the fact of 1968 in Grant Park, in #$@!cago. Kids got the crap beaten out of them just because they opposed an unpopular and unwinnable war. And, later on in years, four students would be shot for their oppostion to the war. And all the while I listened to Presidents going blah blah blah.

He may rock, but you also got to roll!

I specifically wish you peace, and my cats do the same,

Love,

Marty, Luck, Popp, and Siss

instinctual
Posted 11/7/2008 3:20 PM (#12245 - in reply to #12198)

PhD Alumni

Oh yeah, rolling with it, baby...

Lots of words we heard and will hear are fillers..la la la...Charlie Brown's music teacher..wha wha wha....hopefully we are blessed with the insight to know the difference

between the fluff and the stuff...and through that we will make our way...

Peace to you and kitties too..

L
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software