University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Final Debate- Obama and McCain
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

instinctual
Posted 11/5/2008 7:04 PM (#12145 - in reply to #11263)
Subject: RE: Final Debate- Obama and McCain

PhD Alumni

What an amazing day!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/7/2008 8:18 AM (#12208 - in reply to #12145)

PhD Alumni

'All is for the best, in this, the best possible of worlds'

([I think from:] Miranda, The Tempest, Will Shakespeare

Also, try this ....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xeVV2KD1GqU

Edited by Paul Joseph 11/7/2008 8:23 AM
instinctual
Posted 11/7/2008 3:17 PM (#12244 - in reply to #11263)

PhD Alumni

ohh that is practically hauntingly beautiful
sunflower
Posted 11/8/2008 8:12 AM (#12259 - in reply to #12088)

Elite Veteran

aren,t all presidents tainted in scandal,yes paulo was right,i hate politics,all words,no action,no concience,we never chose brown,the hierarchy chose him,as do all these presidents,votes don,t count from the common people,bit like the phone telephone voting scams going on everywhere,for every cause etc,
the only language they all speak is money,the only voices they hear are their own,so its not our ear they want to lend,its our soul they want to take,my oh my iris,thats how much i dislike hierarchy on this level,the earth,now if it comes to spiritual,now thats a different story,paul,don,t run our country down,its not nice is it,comrade,love and peace to all nations,irisx
mruppert
Posted 11/8/2008 8:42 PM (#12263 - in reply to #12259)

Expert

sunflower - 11/8/2008 8:12 AM aren,t all presidents tainted in scandal,yes paulo was right,i hate politics,all words,no action,no concience,we never chose brown,the hierarchy chose him,as do all these presidents,votes don,t count from the common people,bit like the phone telephone voting scams going on everywhere,for every cause etc, the only language they all speak is money,the only voices they hear are their own,so its not our ear they want to lend,its our soul they want to take,my oh my iris,thats how much i dislike hierarchy on this level,the earth,now if it comes to spiritual,now thats a different story,paul,don,t run our country down,its not nice is it,comrade,love and peace to all nations,irisx

Hi Sun Yat Sen:

No, not really borne out by the historical record. Some prezes were very honest people. Now, you can make an argument that TJ, our third, is a scandalous prez because he owned slaves and made little slaves via congress..hahaha..a stupid joke! But, many people (in light of the population) owned slaves....it is what we did then. The Dutch, Portuquese, Spaniards, and the ENGLISH were integrel to the slave trade. We bought them from you!

Just as you can find fault with Jefferson, you can find fault with all our leaders. However, our leaders of the past were far more responsive to the will of the people, since the people were never far removed from them. Jefferson went home to Monticello on US1, a road that I drive every day, a road that runs past my humble abode. Certainly it was a lot different than it is now...but he travelled via coach, and if you think people didn't wait by the side of the road and throw horse manure at him because he voted to restrict the tariff on tobacco, which you Britals love, then you don't really understand the old fashioned American democracy.

What has happened to us is that:

1) We have come to believe that Washington (i.e the District of Columbia) (i.e the Federal Government) is an entity that sprung up out of the ground and is there to oppose us. We take pride in saying completely insipid things, though to the speakers seem intelligent such as "git the goldam gummit off my back".  These bumpkins can't seem to figure out that it is THEM that are the Gummit....this ain't no monarchy....this is a representative democracy and a federal republic. But my call to seize control of what we once had falls on prejudiced and "blind" ears.

2) We treat our people in government like movie stars, gods, goddesses, overlords, and masters of the universe. In truth, they are our public SERVANTS....they do what we say, what we want, what we collectively desire. That is their job and role and function. This seems to be a concept quite foreign to the Americal people of today. And this is why it now takes a carefully tossled hairdo, white teeth, a tall and rugged build and PLENTY of money to be in the government....and these people supposedly are there to represent me and you (not you Sunny, cos you're a Brital)....HA!

We have made a change...but the change is cosmetic at face value....your hair can be different and your skin doesn't have to be the same color as mine....but, I fear that is all we have done.

Our new President is asking us to be great, and I am afraid that he doesn't understand that we just want him to make us great, but we don't want to do anything to make ourselves great, with or without him.

Sunny, Paul is the type of person that I readily make fun of the UK with, as I feel comfortable in doing so. I think he truly knows my great love of your country and my respect for it. I don't think he runs it down nor do I....though I like to poke fun at the UK, particularly Britain. And,  I have a plethora of Scots quips and tons of Irish jokes; I have a very deep respect for the Welsh. It is the place where I wanted to take an advanced degree and live and teach. There in Lampeter. My dream is not going to come true, unless I win the lottery...but it was a nice dream and I enjoy and treasure all the things that I learned and loved about Lampeter and Wales. Including my cellcinemagraphic drive from Hanham, Bristol to Wales.

If only the Welsh had figured out that you need vowels to have an intelligible language!!!

Strangely enough, I am quaffing a Brains Dark from Cardiff, so I lift my glass to you, Sunny, and say "lechyd Da".....hoi, you sneaked in two vowels...how come when you pronounce it its got five vowels....where do these sounds come from? Only the Welsh know for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Love,

Marty and Luckylee (Elkridge), Poppyhead (Elkridge) and SissyGirl (College Park)

sunflower
Posted 11/9/2008 4:29 AM (#12272 - in reply to #12263)

Elite Veteran

mr muppet,the welsh know more than you,d ever dream of,and you do dream,,,what a surprise to hear for the first time once again,and again,that you wanted to come to lampeter,if only you could win the lottery,put in cart,,,our language is uniqe,(did i spell that wrong,can,t get to grips with the english vowels),wales is a very spiritual place,i love the bluestone,when your saying good health to another remeber not to use the L,its Y,A ,a difficult language to understand,and learn,how,s your french,and all the other foreign places you visit,do you have difficulty of tongue when your enjoying yourself,enjoy your drink,not too much though,as i fear you will sound unintelligable,and people may not understand you,i find it hard when your sober,such turn of tongue,maybe if i drank people would understand my english better,i think its fine as it is,even with the mistaken spelling,diolch yn fawr,nadolig llawen,when it comes,irisx
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/9/2008 9:55 AM (#12281 - in reply to #12272)

PhD Alumni

No offence taken at all, Marty old friend ... we must be able to laugh at ourselves and i take it as an honour that we can do so non-defensively ... not that I thought you were attacking the UK anyhow, not any more than we needed to be critically appraised and make the necessary improvements

good again that you are back with us Iris, even if only briefly

cheers Marty, quaff well !
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software