University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starlightjournal.com is up now!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Lightdancer
Posted 9/7/2008 2:12 PM (#10038)
Subject: Starlightjournal.com is up now!

Student

I was just there, and am going back!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/7/2008 3:41 PM (#10047 - in reply to #10038)
Subject: RE: Starlightjournal.com is up now!

PhD Alumni

Thanx and welcome Lightdancing Pilgrim - I looked yesterday, but couldn't get into the Starlight - too late for me again now this evening - but do please, be joyous - it is not an easy blessing ! xx
Lightdancer
Posted 9/8/2008 11:05 AM (#10075 - in reply to #10038)

Student

Thanks for the welcome, Paul! From viewing some of your other posts, I see you can be pretty feisty. I like that!

Just let me say that being joyous is an easy blessing, if you just "be". It can be hard to "be" however, with those pesky brain chatterings getting in the way!

Happy trails!
searching
Posted 9/8/2008 1:26 PM (#10078 - in reply to #10038)

Regular

I went to the starlight journal yesterday and it is set up very nice. It is just hard for me to leave this place. When I first came to the ums sight I was in a very lost state, and because of the discussion boards I have discovered that I was never really lost. My path was not under my feet but was inside my true self. I have come a long way in a short time due to the kindness and knowledge of those who are here. It isn’t as fancy as myspace or anything like that. But the simplicity of it makes it even better. Instead of seeing peoples pictures of their vacations and the likes I can feel the energy they put into their words. The first forum I was part of was the infamous, “why pay for enlightenment”. And although it turned into an argument, it also got me to thinking and researching. And now I am in a whole new place in life. I always breathe a huge breath as I enter this discussion board and let out the negative energy so I can fill up on the positive all of you bring here.
Blessings
Jerry
Nefertiti
Posted 9/8/2008 2:51 PM (#10081 - in reply to #10038)

Oh yes, I remember that forum topic real well. Stirred up some conflicting emotions, but all in all, moved on well.
I am a member over at Starlight, but I am not a blogger really. If I blog, it ends up being a vent fest. LOL Would rather stay in a forum personally. But I know it's beautiful over there. I am sure many people will absolutely love it.

Who knows, may even give it another shot.

Love and Light

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/8/2008 4:35 PM (#10084 - in reply to #10081)

PhD Alumni

Feisty ! Never thought of myself as that Lightdancer - that good or bad ? x

And Searching - I'm not going anywhere else especially, just showing willing to UMS' offerings. I too find the Board more sympatico to my tastes x
Card Zero
Posted 9/8/2008 9:24 PM (#10088 - in reply to #10038)

Oh, I hope no one leaves this board! It's true that Starlight Journal has a forum, but it's not meant to replace this one, and just like Christine Breese said, this forum isn't going anywhere!

Starlight Journal was down briefly this weekend while we installed the latest security upgrade. It took a little longer than expected, but it's up and running again. Tracy just posted a beautiful essay today about mastering fear that really struck a chord in me.
Lightdancer
Posted 9/9/2008 2:31 PM (#10095 - in reply to #10038)

Student

Hi Paul!

It's a good thing, to me anyway. I have a little touch of feisty myself...

Edited by Lightdancer 9/9/2008 2:31 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/9/2008 4:17 PM (#10099 - in reply to #10095)

PhD Alumni

OK then - will keep it up xx whatever it is (from England, btw)

Fiestily yours (interesting spelling error on my part - feisty - I went on nearer to, fiesta !! .. those past and present lifetimes are ever-present ......)

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/9/2008 4:20 PM
Lightdancer
Posted 9/10/2008 7:04 PM (#10115 - in reply to #10038)

Student

Ahhh! It's an "americanism!" That's why you don't know it! Here's the definition, and I was referring to the first version of feisty for you.

feist·y /?fa?sti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fahy-stee]
–adjective, feist·i·er, feist·i·est.
1. full of animation, energy, or courage; spirited; spunky; plucky: The champion is faced with a feisty challenger.
2. ill-tempered; pugnacious.
3. troublesome; difficult: feisty legal problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Origin: 1895–1900, Americanism; feist + -y1]

—Related forms
feist·i·ly, adverb
feist·i·ness, noun
mruppert
Posted 9/10/2008 10:29 PM (#10117 - in reply to #10038)

Hiya all:
     SLJ just doesn't do "it" for me; so I leave it to you all. There are thousands of other similar sites that you all might want to explore....all.....pretty much the same. Arrgh!
     Not the point of my message.........to a certain person......I wrote once about how the pattern of writing, the way things are phrased and said pretty much give away clues as to who one might be.
     There is a myth about Shakespeare not being the author of all plays attributed to him (and, maybe having a ghost writer; or committing plagiarism) but, I can pretty much state that he did write all of them. You know what it was.....the same thing as using an abbreviated expression, say LOL......Shakespeare gives himself away; as would I.

P&L,
Marty and LuckyHamlet, PoppyMacBeth, and SissyGirlHambone
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/11/2008 4:52 AM (#10127 - in reply to #10117)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the clarification Lightdancer. Glad I do not come across as 'pugnacious' !

And Marty - I agree with you; I cannot connect with Starlight, though do not want to be ungrateful, hence my occasional incursions there !

As for Shakespeare; so resonate too with you on him; if he did not write them somone did; and i think the academic disputes reflect the English snobbery that a relatively 'uneducated' person should have been so accomplished, as well as the envy that always is attracted to those who are blessed.
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/2/2008 6:57 AM (#10643 - in reply to #10127)

PhD Alumni

Received out of the blue in my mail box yesterday a request for a donation from a UK charity for terminally ill children called, interestingly, Starlight

www.starlight.org.uk

felt it was worth letting folk know x
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software