University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UFO prediction
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Supernatural3
Posted 10/14/2008 6:11 PM (#11225 - in reply to #10024)
Subject: RE: UFO prediction

PhD Alumni

Ok, I have heard nothing as of yet. Hmmmmm, as we all suspected. In a way it's a shame, but then again, all those that said we weren't ready.... perhaps correct.

I ended up going to my moms with a basket filled with some Malibu Mango flavored Rum, and some Daily's peach nectar drink mix so she can make her fruity drinks she loves for special occasions. I also bought her some garlic toasted bagel bites, cheese spread and pepperoni and stuffed it in the basket too. >>>YUM<<< Add some cards, of course. She was happy.... So her birthday went very well. Thank you for all the wonderful wishes.

I will keep my eyes open and watch the news.
Blessings~

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/14/2008 6:14 PM (#11227 - in reply to #11225)

PhD Alumni

Well, it's an old saying, but, here we go

"when the pupil is ready, the teacher appears"

(ie, we are our own teacher, guru)

Looking outside is a great distraction from what is within us, and what needs to be attended to.

The end of the world is the end of each of our worlds, our destiny and our promise x
instinctual
Posted 10/14/2008 6:45 PM (#11232 - in reply to #10024)

PhD Alumni

aww that sounds like a lovely gift!!! xoxox
sunflower
Posted 10/15/2008 9:17 AM (#11246 - in reply to #11227)

Elite Veteran

paul,is that what that truly means then,"when the pupil is ready,the teacher appears",i thought it meant when we are ready in the right place spiritualy etc,to go further and learn more,but don,t know how,by coinsidence,or synchronicity,the right higher spiritual teacher comes to help and take us further,and your net line made me think also,"looking outside,etc"does that mean that we help others,do things for others,so we subconciously are avoiding our own selves,and we are genuinly our own teacher,this is a serious question,as i truly beleived till now it meant the first,but reading what you said makes sense,and i have been waiting for the right teacher,thinking i was ready to learn more,now i,m confusing myself,sorry,okay,thanks for that,irisx
instinctual
Posted 10/15/2008 12:57 PM (#11253 - in reply to #10024)

PhD Alumni

Iris Lovey- I hear you...I understand...I think it can mean what you need it to mean in various aspects of your life...Sir Paul of the All, I thank you for your refreshing viewpoint!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/15/2008 3:59 PM (#11257 - in reply to #11253)

PhD Alumni

Sorry to be confusing.

I used to think too that saying about the teacher and the pupil meant the serendipity interpretation that Iris quotes ... I read the other interpretation some time later, and as I have grown older, I have come to think that both meanings are true.

Though, and to complicate matters further, there is a kind of third aspect:

those who teach us, including the situations that are sent to challenge & thereby teach us, are not necessarily those we might think are typical 'gurus'. That is where, I feel especially, it is our alertness and openness to learning, sets alive our own inner teacher. Hope that makes more sense now.

Blessings

Paul x

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/15/2008 4:01 PM
sunflower
Posted 10/16/2008 2:52 AM (#11267 - in reply to #11253)

Elite Veteran

lori right,thanks for that,but still thinking,not too much though,i,m just intrigued as to how i came to my conclusions,paul has his,and othersmust have theirs,but i thought paul meant knowone ,on this earth if you like actualy teaches us,but the life we lead,and how we deal with it,are our teachings,but as you said,it can mean what u want it to mean,okay,thanks for that ,iris x
sunflower
Posted 10/16/2008 3:14 AM (#11268 - in reply to #11257)

Elite Veteran

i think things that happen to us in our life,most especialy the bad traumatic times,problems etc,is when we learn,and that is why they are sent to us,as there is also a sayin,"god doen,t give us more than we can cope with",something like that,sorry if i got that wrong,but in other words,he sends to test the strengh things we need to learn,etc,i think its something like that,as some have constant neverending problems sufferings and traumas than maybe say others,and we question why does so and so(not calling you a so and so paul,haha!) have a seeminly blessed life,with little trouble,i,m going on her aren,t i,sorry,but i,m just so wanting,needing to learn more,spiritualy,its a kind of thirst,but i beleive strongly on instinct,our guide,and serendipity,i think we can gain from spiritual books etc,and take what we instintively need,then the lessons we learn from life,and if its meant to be,the divine guides us when we are stuck,and we ask,then what people call coincidence,i beleive there are none,its meant to be,ie,you may recive agift,present,see something by chance,say a book on angels etc,is all for a reason,and the answers are inside ourselves,but the divine intervenes when greatly needed,or to help in our next stage,okay i,ll leave it there,don,t mean to be that word that means difficult,just truly interested,thanks for all,irisx
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/16/2008 4:16 AM (#11277 - in reply to #11268)

PhD Alumni

I think everything and everyone in our lives is our teacher
instinctual
Posted 10/16/2008 7:30 PM (#11315 - in reply to #10024)

PhD Alumni

Iris and Paul- nicely said...I feel these trials and lessons we encounter that do not necessarily have to do with our free will - just...poor luck, may not be poor luck at all...they are thrown at us ( or seemingly so ) as a part of our growth...we may never be consciously aware of the reasons, and we may intuitively and or psychically make the connection....and I love it when that happens! I am sure I do not only speak for myself! Gotta love those Ah Ha angel wink sorta moments!
Woww there is strange energy on my screen right now...lines bouncing everywhere...
Crystalpersuasion
Posted 3/21/2009 9:30 AM (#14190 - in reply to #10024)

Student

Okay, Blossom Goodchild's latest message is a request for a Global Visualization meditation to take place on April 10. Anyone care to comment?
mruppert
Posted 3/22/2009 12:14 AM (#14194 - in reply to #10024)

Expert

If 4/10 needs be the shower of power, then, yes, I am there; as is my group.
     Wherever a chance to prove that i am right, I am always there!

Peaze and Luv,
 Marty

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/27/2009 10:31 AM (#14231 - in reply to #14194)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for refinding this thread as I thought about it yesterday when I read an article in The Times (London) about a 'near-miss' Earth had with an asteroid on, I think, 8th October last year; I tried to remember the details of this thread but could not.

Anyhow, it seems that an asteroid, too small to be seen until it was upon us, crashed through the Earth's atmosphere, but by then was also too small to do any damage; it landed in, again from hazy memory, I think Iraq, or another Middle Eastern desert region, so fortunately noone was injured either; people reported seeing a fireball.

I wondered if there was any connection to these premonitory experiences.

As for April 10th, why wait till then: are not we engaged upon this focusing of resonant Divine Bliss each and every moment ?
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/28/2009 10:29 AM (#14250 - in reply to #14231)

PhD Alumni

Indeed, every moment too ...
Aquarius
Posted 3/29/2009 2:39 PM (#14275 - in reply to #10024)

UMS Guest

I do believe that we should not allow such things to fill our hearts and minds with fear and other negativity; no matter what happens, we shall always be safe in the loving hands of the Universe. God will never allow the leads of the Universe to slip out of His/Her hands.

With love - Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/30/2009 6:37 AM (#14283 - in reply to #14275)

PhD Alumni

Not wanting to be disagreeable but ... from some perspectives, the 'leads of the universe' have appeared to have slipped, might they not ? I am thinking of times of tyrany, holocaust, man-made, or natural disasters ? Ranging from the torture of individuals, to mass exterminations ....

.... one of the ways I console myself with the those thoughts, is that God has created a free universe, capable of choice, capable of an evolving design that basically, if bad things were not possible, we could equally never be capable of being good ...

... and if this universe, or dimension, or however we describe it, is but one facet of a multi-dimensional multiverse, and what happens here is from that perspective, a kind of an illusion, yet in some ways a necessary one, whilst we are here anyway, 'cosmic catastrophe' cannot necessarily be totally avoidable, yet if it were to happen equally, it is not to be feared, as it is 'merely' an aspect of the Divine movement towards ultimate wholeness; it is how we respond to it: to ourselves and each other, that really matters. Chance happens, and happens randomly; sometimes serendipitously.

Equally there is no point worrying about any of it too much, or even focusing on it: the focus, I tend to feel, is as Lyonna said on another thread, to focus on the Light, to not stand in our own way of becoming the Light, and to permit others their Radiance also: Now, in this very moment and in each and every moment.

Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 4/1/2009 11:07 PM (#14316 - in reply to #11227)

Student

Hi Paul,

Well said!

Peace is yours,

Absolute Sovereigncy (Robert)
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/2/2009 4:10 AM (#14317 - in reply to #14316)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Robert ... and Peace back to you too
mruppert
Posted 4/2/2009 10:27 PM (#14332 - in reply to #10024)

Expert

But THE "light" is not necessarily a good light. It is just a light in the darkness.
My SissyGirl can "see" the flashlight beam as I let her chase it around........but she cannot see in normal daylight and must rely on her hearing and smelling to know what is happening. Yet she lies full bodied and stretched out in the sun of the morning and afternoon. WHY? (She is unprotected and oblivious to any danger). Because IT FEELS GOOD!
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/11/2009 7:09 PM (#14449 - in reply to #14332)

PhD Alumni

Old joke: the light at the end of the tunnel might be the train coming to run you down -

yes, we must be discerning

but I was speaking of the light of the Heart,

the reflection of the true Self,

illumined with reference to the common core of spiritual teachings

where Love is All

All is Love

And if that means one has to reside in external darkness, or even to die, in order to adhere to it, then,

so be it.

So long as one does not betray oneself, nor betray any other Being

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/11/2009 7:11 PM
mruppert
Posted 4/12/2009 11:03 PM (#14464 - in reply to #10024)

Expert

So..say what you are saying.....there was a lot more to it than what you wrote.

Peace, Your Friend,
Luckylee, Poppyhead, SissyGirl and the man who feeds us, Marty.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/14/2009 4:31 AM (#14477 - in reply to #14464)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty - not sure of which post you are referring here ... who needs to say more about what !?

Hmm .. ruminating some more, I am reminded of one my favourite poems, by A E Housman:

XL

Tell me not here, it needs not saying,
What tune the enchantress plays
In aftermaths of soft September
Or under blanching mays,
For she and I were long acquainted
And I knew all her ways.

On russet floors, by waters idle,
The pine lets fall its cone;
The cuckoo shouts all day at nothing
In leafy dells alone;
And traveller's joy beguiles in autumn
Hearts that have lost their own.

On acres of the seeded grasses
The changing burnish heaves;
Or marshalled under moons of harvest
Stand still all night the sheaves;
Or beeches strip in storms for winter
And stain the wind with leaves.

Possess, as I possessed a season,
The countries I resign,
Where over elmy plains the highway
Would mount the hills and shine,
And full of shade the pillared forest
Would murmur and be mine.

For nature, heartless, witless nature,
Will neither care nor know
What stranger's feet may find the meadow
And trespass there and go,
Nor ask amid the dews of morning
If they are mine or no.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~martinh/poems/housman.html#LPxl

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/14/2009 4:38 AM
mruppert
Posted 4/14/2009 9:34 PM (#14486 - in reply to #10024)

Expert

Indeedy....I have Housman on the lit/poetry shelves; along with GMHopkins, nestled in with my Barrets and my Brownings. Since I got tired of organizing my books according to the Dewey Decimal system (this is a United Statesal convention) I did it by subject matter...so the Irish poets went to Ireland geography...but the Brits always remained in literature.....why is that?
I think it is because Ireland will always be distinctly Irish....the Brits are primarily Sri-Lankan at this time...............JUST HAVING A LITTLE FUN.......no offense intended to anyone....

Peace and Lentils,
Marty and Luckypasha, Poppyrani, and Sissywali
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 4/16/2009 12:27 PM (#14519 - in reply to #11267)

Student

Hi sunflower and everyone!

Also, when the "guru" is ready, the "student/disciple" appears. Hmmm...or is it the other way around? The answer is, "yes."

As always, contentment and peace is within -- be focussed -- except (accept) when your not,

Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 4/16/2009 12:27 PM (#14520 - in reply to #11267)

Student

Hi sunflower and everyone!

Also, when the "guru" is ready, the "student/disciple" appears. Hmmm...or is it the other way around? The answer is, "yes."

As always, contentment and peace is within -- be focussed -- except (accept) when your not,

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software