University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Past regrets
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

searching
Posted 9/1/2008 9:37 AM (#9877)
Subject: Past regrets

Regular

I was asked the other day if I had any regrets about the past. I was able to say with out a doubt that I do not. The past does not exist. Nor does the future. Only the now. Which is the transition from future to past. The past is a history book. If I could go back would I change the past? Of course, but I cant. No one can. All we can do is live in the transition phase and make it better and more worth while for the transition for the future as it becomes the now, and ultimately the past. The past is the waste lands for the now. Nothing can be seen there or hoped for. The dreams are not alive there. I am undergoing huge changes in my life right now, and they are because I have learned from my past and then just left it there. In the waste lands. I seek no vengeance for anyone who has wronged me and give no apologizes to anyone I have wronged. I will not dwell in the waste lands of the now. I will live with enlightenment in the transition phase of the now. There is no time to feel vengeful or regretful in the transition phase because time can not exist here. Time was brought forth by man trying to understand the now in motion. It only exist in the future and past where it can be read. The now is always in between time. So if anyone asks, “do you regret the past?” You can say, “I don’t have time to.” lol.
Blessings.
Jerry
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rose
Posted 9/1/2008 10:14 AM (#9879 - in reply to #9877)
Subject: RE: Past regrets

Student

How beautiful this is....
Supernatural3
Posted 9/1/2008 12:12 PM (#9882 - in reply to #9877)

PhD Alumni

I like that feeling of only having now. A lot of nows (once felt) were indeed horrific. There are many things I "could have" or even "should have" done differently..... but fate had a different route for me. I am truly right where I am supposed to be. Feels good!

HUGS
Tracy Martin
Posted 9/1/2008 1:59 PM (#9885 - in reply to #9877)

Alumni

It took a long time for me to get over past regrets which used to reduce me to a puddle of tears. The past is done, why should we continue to torture ourselves with past pains? We can change our attitudes and beliefs TODAY to live a happier and more loving life. Thanks for the post Jerry!
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/1/2008 2:24 PM (#9888 - in reply to #9885)

PhD Alumni

dear DocJ - liked your response to this. It so resonates x

I have been mulling over my response in the six hours since I read it; it yet may come. Or not.

Blessings

Me, myself, I
Supernatural3
Posted 9/1/2008 3:57 PM (#9897 - in reply to #9877)

PhD Alumni

Awww TY PJ. And yes, Tracy, I too have many past tear jerking memories that I have laid to rest. I do not need them anymore. Change was a long process but, with out those horrors, would I have made the changes that I needed? I doubt it.

I truly feel, it is those who go through the most, that are our very best teachers, healers, etc.
Blessings~
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/2/2008 4:14 AM (#9923 - in reply to #9897)

PhD Alumni

A reply attempted to the orginal question ... I think we are the sum of what we are, our own past, our cultural past, our individual & yet primordial heritage ... yet also, past lifetimes; much of any of that can be unconsciious .... and also, the eternal 'past', which is also, 'present' ... so i feel it is hard and not aloways right to seek to dismiss that past - there is positive & negative in it.

Yet the present is the moment we have; and the future grows from it.

So i think it is slightly paradoxical also.... fire alarm going again ... need to pause ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/2/2008 4:51 AM (#9924 - in reply to #9923)

PhD Alumni

.. back too late to edit ... try to recapture train of thought ...

.. think i was going to add in something about tuning into the Eternal Mind also, so the whole question as to what is past, what is present, what is future, begins to transcend time and space - if we can be in that place of Oneness ... as Christine said on the othere recent thread, and as Rose talks about being with and in God ... if we can enter that no thought, no mind place, that is not a place... yet a place of the Heart, the Cosmic Heart, then time, space, regrets, become lost in the boundlessness of infinite love ...

... better stop before I drift off completely and stop making any sense, if indeed, i am !!

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/2/2008 4:51 AM
Tracy Martin
Posted 9/2/2008 6:41 PM (#9935 - in reply to #9877)

Alumni

You make sense, although what you are trying to express is the inexpressible! 
Mother of an Angel
Posted 9/2/2008 7:58 PM (#9937 - in reply to #9877)

I think some things are hard to forget from the past or yet, you may not want to forget. Where I'm going with this is I lost the most precious thing in my life, my only child, a little over two years ago. He is one thing I don't ever want to forget about my past. Having him in my life was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Every time I do think of him, I remember that without all we went through with his illness, I probably would not be where I am today in the spiritual aspect. He helped me realize how to fill and surround my life with positive energy and people who give off that radiate light. Without the past, I would not be a student at this amazing school and learning so much from everyone who post here. I am very thankful for the past, look forward to the future and live for today. I thank you, my son and friends that have shown me how to do that.

Blessing to all of you,
Robin Ford
UMS Student
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/3/2008 4:08 AM (#9947 - in reply to #9937)

PhD Alumni

Thanx Tracy ...

.... and Robin, what a moving response and account ... I am so sorry for your loss, and two years is hardly any time is it .. ? Warm resonations to you, thanks for sharing your story and feelings. Glad that you have found something of that positive radiance here (if I have understood you correctly, apologies if that sounds presumptuous, not meant to; maybe it what I feel!), and so good to have you with us x

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/3/2008 4:20 AM
Mother of an Angel
Posted 9/3/2008 7:29 PM (#9955 - in reply to #9877)

Paul-

Thank you for the kind words. That's exactly what I have found, a perfect radiance of positive energy. I find it quite relaxing to come home from a hectic job and receive all the positivity this school and discussion board brings, it is very satisfying to my soul.

I will agree that two years is hardly any time... it seems just like yesterday.

I do look forward to more conversations with all of you.

Blessings,
Robin
UMS Student
Supernatural3
Posted 9/3/2008 11:48 PM (#9956 - in reply to #9877)

PhD Alumni

Hello, MOA, I am so sorry to hear that a loss your angel happened. I feel that is  by far the worst and hardest lesson (or experience) that anyone can possibly handle. I personally do not know if I could handle such a loss. I know I am very spiritual, but it is my children that have kept (keep) me on this planet. I fear that if I lost them, i would want to join them sooner than my own fate here. Thankfully, I am not given that experience, for I really don't think I could handle it.

My admiration does go out to anyone who gets through losing such a loved one, and still has love in their heart to help others. It is you that will teach us true compassion and patience.

Namaste

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software