University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Share Your Story & Buy1GIVE1 - A notice with external links
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Louise
Posted 8/25/2008 5:39 PM (#9736)
Subject: Share Your Story & Buy1GIVE1 - A notice with external links

UMS Student

Hello everyone - I've been away for a while, taking time to think and getting involved in new adventures. I hope you are all well and enjoying each others company.

I was cautious about posting this because it is more of a notice/announcement than a discussion thread but those who would like to read it can, and those who won't get value from it won't...Free will and all that..

I've started up a site that is about sharing our personal stories which I hope will inform my writing projects. There are two main themes at the moment - letting go - which has been inspired by my journey of letting go of not being able to have children, and also about the gift of giving - and of gratitude. If you would like to share your story or experiences then it would be great if you could visit and make an entry. Each time you post an entry, a child will be sponsored to go to school for a day which enables us to participate and leverage on the joy of giving for the benefit of everyone. I've only just finished the site and you guys were the first I thought of to get it moving so please do let me know if you find something wierd...

http://www.share-my-story.com

The other thing I wanted to share with you is http://www.buy1-give1free.com I have joined this new way of doing business and wanted to tell you about it because its about changing a viewpoint around giving. Traditionally we have businesses for profit, and not-for-profit organisations. Buy1GIVE1 enables you to do both (I know that profit and philanthropy is not a new phenomenon) - the customer gets to give to a worthy cause every time they buy a product (the company gives to a worthy cause every time they provide a service or sell something). The objective is to create a network of giving and create a shift away from 'giving to the poor' which creates a separation of I'm here, you're there.

Everyone has the gift of being able to give - even if only a smile, or a hand to build a shelter, or to fund, or to just give of yourself by being you and therefore radiating gratitude for who you are and the blessings in your life. For example, I just interviewed a company in the UK who are property finders. Every time a customer buys a property through them, they also build a home for a family who lost their home in the Tsunami (the company pays for the home from their commission) - I am amazed by the philososophy of giving and pure gratitude that people in this business are radiating - it is certainly a shift away from the stereotype that still exists for many that money/profit = greed and poor/not wealth orientated = humble and giving - these people are creating wealth and abundance and sharing it through gratitude..

Anyway, thank you for reading..you may notice that I've posted my picture - I've done this because I enjoy being able to connect with people's physical presence even when the picture has gone for privacy reasons, your face always stays with me and its great to be able to do that..I suppose I've been a little shy so am going to put it up for a little while to say "hi - this is me, Louise".

Lots of love to you all.
Louise
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 8/25/2008 9:47 PM (#9739 - in reply to #9736)
Subject: RE: Share Your Story & Buy1GIVE1 - A notice with external links

Hello...

"which I hope will inform my writing projects"....how so?

Peace,

Marty

Louise
Posted 8/25/2008 11:54 PM (#9743 - in reply to #9736)

UMS Student

Hi Marty, thanks for asking..
It's a little early to say since I'm the only one who has posted their story so far ) - however, a little background - I've started a Creative Writing Course to help me with a couple of projects that who knows, may become books (one of my lifetime goals). My personal realisation is that it is not answers I look for, but connection. Stories have helped me to provide a roadmap of where I have been, to help me to connect with my experience, and also to light the way for my future and perhaps to others through sharing and knowing that we are not alone. Stories also provide inspiration - I personally was inspired by John McCains story in TIME this month called A Light Amid The Darkness where he talks about when he was a prisoner of war and his captor became his good samaritan - someone unexpectedly giving to us in a small way can provide hope and faith in humanity, and in ourselves. After reading this and other stories that had come my way, I wanted to explore story-telling further. My writing has changed from a 'talking at' perspective, to a 'listening to' and 'sharing' perspective so I'm being informed already in so many ways...
Peace to you too...
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/26/2008 8:26 AM (#9747 - in reply to #9736)

PhD Alumni

Hello again dear Louise - interesting project(s) and nice picture. Blessings to you

Paul
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/26/2008 8:46 AM (#9749 - in reply to #9743)

PhD Alumni

Maybe it also reflects what kind of writing you want to do Louise - or are 'drawn' or 'called' to do - also, and whether you will acknowledge or in some way give credit to anyone whose story you use ... using other people's stories is one kind of 'research' or 'narrative' methodology I guess ... perhaps used when one is seeking to illustrate a particular hypothesis or theme ... feels that way to me anyway ..

'purely' (if there is such a thing) 'creative' writing, is also, seems to me, and who am I to say (?) - relies more on one;s own personal muse/inspiration for writing ... you may have course have thuoght of all this and more, just wanted to give you a more full response, so far as i could just now !!
Louise
Posted 8/26/2008 4:21 PM (#9750 - in reply to #9749)

UMS Student

Thanks Paul for your thoughts - I would be delighted to include the name/details of anyone whose story was shared (if that is what they wanted). Some people might want their name changed, and some may not want to have their story directly shared but they are still contributing to the overall experience just through sharing...Yes, I believe writing is a conversation with the universe which, as ONE, includes all of us indirectly anyway as an expression of our total experience. Therefore, 'credit where credit is due' takes on deeper meaning - if I write, yes one might say that it is 'my' work and 'I' wrote it but perhaps it is more correct to say that we are channels of peace, of God's love, where life and conversation flows through, for the purpose of sharing and for the benefit of others, and finally in return, to myself.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software