University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nutrition 4U!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 8/21/2008 9:17 PM (#9556)
Subject: Nutrition 4U!

Might as well share stuff we find out and/or get news of.

Big topic of the day is fiber in your diet!

Fiber One Cheeeewwwwyyyy (they really are quite toothy) Bars have "35% of the Daily Value of Fiber". Most of the fiber comes from inulin, which is chicory root extract. They are made of rolled oats, caramel flavor-meaning sugar and palm kernel oil, crisp rice-meaning rice flour and sugar, and other sugars, oils and artificial colors.

The label says "research suggests that people who have high fiber intakes tend to have healthier body weights".

To this respect, the label is, for the most part, right! People who eat whole grains, fruits, and veggies do, indeed have healthier body weight.

But if you choke down some Chewys, or Atkins, Curves, Kashi (big TV campaign on right now)and South Beach fiber bars you may be doing more harm than good!

My take on this? If you want fiber, skip these bars and buy real food....and, added bonus....per measurement, real food is cheaper than these bars.

Peace and Knowledge,

Marty and FatCats

Edited by mruppert 8/21/2008 9:19 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 8/22/2008 6:03 PM (#9636 - in reply to #9556)
Subject: RE: Nutrition 4U!

PhD Alumni

Kashi-7 whole grains on a mission: to make alot of mula. ahaha

I have tried those bars, I imagine that is what cardboard dipped in granola tastes like. I hear you Marty-fiber is best in it's raw form, not processed into expensive convenient little foil wrapped bars.
(although my pregnant daughter eats them like they are her next breath)!
PS: Did you know that 1 medium sized avocado has 11.84 grams of fiber!? WOW!
Rose
Posted 8/22/2008 7:04 PM (#9637 - in reply to #9636)

Student

Instinctual this is interesting my sister loves that stuff! I had the cereal and I thought it was okay, you didn't need to add anything on it except a milk product and it was pretty tasty. I didn't try the bars. But my sister loves those bars.

If it comes directly from a tree, your garden or freshly picked from a farm, preferrably an organic farm then it's far better for you.

Love and Peace to you Instinctual, glad to see you're doing well.

instinctual
Posted 8/22/2008 7:19 PM (#9639 - in reply to #9556)

PhD Alumni

All a matter of taste, I suppose!
Thanks, Rose And I am glad that you are so psyched about the Twin Essence! Isn't that what life is all about...enjoying something so deeply that is so meaningful to you, that you are starving for it! Hours and hours can go by like seconds...

Blessings and Illuminations to you, my sweet friend.
L
sunflower
Posted 8/23/2008 3:27 AM (#9647 - in reply to #9556)

Elite Veteran

never read the label,never beleive what you hear,never beleive what you see,unless it is you,and you alone that has seen,beleived because you have a knowing,diferrent from"i know"heard that voice in the stillness of your room,be still,and know i am god,god is love,divine is love,abuse that which is true,eat those bars,and you will be sick,and poor.irisx
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software