University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

brain 'clicking'?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

soulfire
Posted 8/16/2008 10:55 AM (#9306)
Subject: brain 'clicking'?

Alumni

Has anyone ever read/tried this? here are some links:
http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/crazy.html - this is the one I read first, clicking instructions are near the bottom of the page.
http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/stimulation.html

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 8/16/2008 11:43 AM (#9310 - in reply to #9306)
Subject: RE: brain 'clicking'?

PhD Alumni

They just desribed hypnosis, and why it works.... but I never placed the part of the brain being activated by it. NICE

I would say that clicking also places one in a hypersuggestive mode, at which we all do naturally experience several times daily. It's at that moment (the click) that we can calm ourselves, or induce lower blood pressure, warm up, gain self asteem, etc.

My husband watch Alan Alda's film with me too. He thought it was very imformative as well.

Thank you so much for sharing!

soulfire
Posted 8/16/2008 12:58 PM (#9311 - in reply to #9310)

Alumni

So funny because that's what I've been doing. Immediately after 'clicking' forward, I visualize what I want. I'm doing this multiple times a day to try and break the habit of being clicked backwards, which I know I have been stuck in for a very long time. I've been reading Molecules of Emotion by Candace Pert and realizing that I've been addicted to anxiety for a very long time so this is helping me trying to break the habit.

Please tell me about the Alan Alda film. I don't believe I've ever heard of it.
Supernatural3
Posted 8/16/2008 1:12 PM (#9313 - in reply to #9306)

PhD Alumni

It's in the first link you provided, while reading that, there is a link, they tell you to watch the video. This video is Alan Alda front and center. 

I will post a direct link from the reading

"[Please go tohttp://www.pbs.org/saf/1310/video/watchonline.htmand click on "Play Video" under the 4th show listed "Just Relax". The amygdalaclicking segment is about 1/2 the way through the clip. The clip also featuresfilm of monks sitting in a 40 degree unheated hut, covered in freezingdripping wet sheets, which they they dry out with their own body heat,which they consciously raise with brain focus meditation.- N.S.]"

Was a very interesting video indeed!
soulfire
Posted 8/16/2008 1:29 PM (#9317 - in reply to #9313)

Alumni

Oh-HaHaHaHa. I never click on videos to watch from my computer- we are on a VERY slow dial up connection since we're so rural. Maybe I'll see if I can watch it from my Mom's house sometime...
Supernatural3
Posted 8/16/2008 1:36 PM (#9318 - in reply to #9306)

PhD Alumni

Ahhhh, IC. I love video's and audeo books. If I just read it, it doesn't "Click" in, like it does if I hear it too. Maybe it's the click of total attention. LOL

Do watch it, if you get the chance... it's good learning.

Oh man, you have a lot of youtube video's to catch up on. LOL

HUGS to you and Thanks again for sharing.

Jilly Mae.....

Ps. (a client of mine for 18 years insists on calling me that, everytime he calls me)
Not too far off, my middle name is Renae..... Only get called first two names when mom is mad. ha ha ha
soulfire
Posted 8/20/2008 4:07 PM (#9445 - in reply to #9306)

Alumni

I have been thoroughly amazed at the results for me over the past week since I began to do this. It's helping me concentrate better. Also (drumroll please): Every time I have gone to panic lately (a recent and frequent occurrance for me lately) I have used this activity and the results have been astounding. Sometimes they have been almost instantaneous. I'm going to add it to my bag of tricks along w/ EFT for helping others, too.
mruppert
Posted 8/21/2008 3:05 AM (#9475 - in reply to #9310)

It is funny that Alan Alda is where he is today. He will always be "Hawkeye" though Donald Sutherland did the role originally in the movie. What is really strange is that no one really remembers Gary Burghoff, who was Radar in BOTH the movie and the tv series. My personal fav is the Wayne Rogers "Trapper John" since  I didn't really care for the Elliot Gould movie version. I absolutely detested BJ Hunnicutt, and loved Chawles from Bastan, as I found him a fascinating character.
So, that begs the question.......Sally Kellerman or Loretta Swit as "Hot Lips"?
Jilly.......whom do you think I choose, oh psychic one?
     Now, as to the "click" and other such nonsenses..when you  walk down a street and see some dudes ahead, you need to click real quick as to what you are going to do. Walk past, retreat, go another way? When you are spotted, then you know you are hunted. It is then you need wits, not click, with you. So, the dudes are hunting....your best course of action is to run away.....yeah, like a yellow bellied sapsucking cowardly mangy mutt. 87.5% of people surveyed have positively stated that being alive is better than being dead, a scant 7.9 % said being dead is better than being alive, and a unknown and unexplainable 4.6% were unsure or had no opinion......

Now that I have wasted everyone's time I will come to the point...Doc Jill...you know how much I respect you and how much I believe in things that you do. I know that you are a trained and certified hypnotist and place great faith in the therapy. But, I cannot be hypnotized and therefore have no faith in the therapy....soley because I cannot experience it work!
For, to me , it is like the stage hypnotist....whom relies on the fear of the stage to make the subject compliant....for the stage represents fear; and the hypnotist represents salvation.

Peace and Love Doctore,
Marty and Mesmercats, Luck, Popp and Sissle
soulfire
Posted 8/21/2008 2:14 PM (#9546 - in reply to #9306)

Alumni

Marty- I agree that there are times when being in your reptile brain increases your chances of survival and is recommended, however, there is growing evidence that certain people's brains do not easily move away from the reptilian brain when the threat is over. This can be a means (certainly not the only one) to help one get out of survival mode when it is unnecessary. Blessings, K
Supernatural3
Posted 8/21/2008 4:41 PM (#9547 - in reply to #9475)

PhD Alumni

Hey Marty, I very much remember Gary Burghoff, who played Radar in BOTH the movie and the tv series, I just wasn't really a fan of these shows, I was more like a fan of bionic woman, and wonder woman, I dream of Jeanie and Bewitched.

As far as witch one I think you had more of a crush on: Since I did not even realize that two people played that part. I always thought Loretta played the part. But I have this feeling that it was Sally that you liked to watch and was dissapointed in the switch.I don't know why.... it's just my gut feeling. If I am wrong... ha ha, didn't hurt anything to guess. Most of psychic abilities are just taking a wild guess at the one that pulls at you. I still feel Sally pulls more.
Sorry Loretta.

Marty asks "So, the dudes are hunting....your best course of action is to run away.....yeah?",
Heck no Marty.... I was always boy crazy. Where the dudes are.... I wanted to be. I always had a cocky additude that let me get away with murder. I chose my electrical engineering college, due to the fact that it was 90% male. Heck yeah.... So, when This person is surrounded my men.... she sings in exstasy as if floating on cloud 9. MEN are what makes my world go around. Always been that way.... Of course I have since settled down, since I have a man who finally satisfies my wild side. YEP.... I am whipped. ha ha ha

I like being alive, and I forget what it's like to be dead. So I cannot comment on which one is better. However, usually death brings pain, so I hope to avoid that for a while. Plus, I don't have a trust, or will.... I better not put that off.... just in case, you never know.

Marty, you think that you cannot be hypnotized? You have been programmed and hypnotized your entire life. 99% of people are hypnotizable, it's just not FELT when the drop hits. Being in a hypersuggestable mode happens naturally to everyone at least two to three times a day. If you tried being hypnotized and it didn't work, it's because A. You didn't have an authority figure do it. B. You may not have FELT the drop, and the hypnotist didn't test your suggestablity prior. Meaning you may not be physically hypnotized, but you can be emotionally hypnotized (or vise versa). The problem with the misconception of hypnosis is that people think they will "SLEEP"..... or experience time loss, or memory loss. That isn't the case at all. Hypnosis happens in Alpha, not theta..... definitely not delta.... Beta can be experienced also, just prior... which is when someone would feel the DROP. However, most people are only a few brain waves lower than they were prior, while in session.

Ok, if I haven't confused anyone.... lets just say that hypnosis works with the subconscious by waking it up. While the conscious rests. The client will be at total rest, but totally mentally alert. They will find that it's no different than that of what they experience naturally on a daily basis, the difference is.... my job is to induce a drop, and to keep the mind focused, long enough to change some manorism (learned units). It may take more than once. Repitition with anything always works better than just once.

Marty, you are so correct when you say: "For, to me , it is like the stage hypnotist....whom relies on the fear of the stage to make the subject compliant" --- However the hypnotist doesn't represent salvation... the hypnotist represents the person that gives "permission" to act goofy. The client on stage wanted to anyway, or they wouldn't be up there. The hypnotist only gave the permission to act up, as they would have never done that normally and can let the hypnotist be in charge. But you still hit on the key.... They went from Beta.... right into low alpha. Cha-ching.... they felt the drop.

Not all subjects feel the drop. Which is a convincer... so when they don't feel that drop, we have to use OTHER convincer tools, to they notice that they ARE fully and subconsciously awake.

This brain clicking is very much similar... that is why it works. EFT is very similar to hypnosis too. Other opinions will differ... but anything of discomfort, raises the brain wave.... then the pleasent, with messages..... hypnosis. With EFT... those tappings hurt. I know... my husband practiced his EFT on me... OUCHIE. I hated it. I wanted it to stop the entire time. So when it did stop, I was so happy.... my brain wave dropped down to comfort and Cha-ching....I was hypersuggestable----so yes, EFT works.

This click happens, going from unpleasant, to pleasant...... Gotta love it. What a simple way to do "self hypnosis".

I hope it makes sense....
Blessings~
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/21/2008 4:48 PM (#9548 - in reply to #9306)

Alumni

Jill, you are wonderful. Thanks for a very clear explanation!
Supernatural3
Posted 8/21/2008 6:49 PM (#9549 - in reply to #9306)

PhD Alumni

I noticed some spelling errors. LOL whoops.

I am glad I didn't end up confusing anyone more.

Your welcome Tracy..... HUGS to you!

mruppert
Posted 8/22/2008 4:31 AM (#9579 - in reply to #9306)

Hey Jillybean....was going to respond about hypnosis; but first.....

My Sis lives in Coco Beach, FLA......right up the highway from Cape Kennedy....Tony....Roge...Dr. Bellows....Amanda...Major Nelson....Major Healy...JEANNIE!!!!

Nothing like watching those again and see a young Mike Farrel (two shows) before he got fame and fortune with MASH; and Farah Fawcett (2 shows) ....without the famous hairdo..and prior to Lee Majors.And, Barbara Eden is okay in my book! Wasn't she married to Michael Ansara, who appeared in several shows????

But, the epitome of beauty for me was Elizabeth Montgomery...I was Bewitched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have indulged my youthful fantasies....I understand what you say..but I insist..no, I cannot be hypnotised! I am very aware of all that goes on around me and keenly aware of baits and traps. My Unc (not really....he was my Dad's boozin buddy) was a big advertising exec, and mentored with the guy Barton ????last name escapes me..who did "if I have one life to live, let me live it as a blond" for Clairol. My fake Uncle went on to do a popular local (to New York) series of commercials for Schaeffer Beer with the "talking dog". I understand the power of advertising and its total hypnotic sway over people.

I don't watch television except for things that I want to see, and I mute during commercial breaks. I didn't for a while, but got way bent out of shape when I found that drug companies were now pimping their useless concoctions to a "hypnotized" public. I mean, if shaking your leg is bothering you...stop doing it! Just stop! If it is bugging you, stop it! You don't need no drug...and it is not a "syndrome"...it is a learned response to a certain stress or many stresses......99% of what we are told we need...we don't need at all! 

I am suddenly going to a very ugly place with thoughts....so I shall say....Love ya, Jill, always have and always will!

Peace n' Lovebug

Marty and Bathing Cats....Lucky, Poppy, and SissyGirl

Rose
Posted 8/24/2008 12:30 PM (#9720 - in reply to #9311)

Student

There are people who are addicted to anxiety...they seem to love it! I've seen it in people that I know. And some of them just don't want to let go of it...problem is...sometimes through love we find ourselves getting caught up in other people's anxiety and you simply must let go and turn the other way.

Live happy and healthy and let them follow you and not visa versa...just a personal philosophy...

Love and Peace to you all!
Rose
Posted 8/24/2008 12:33 PM (#9721 - in reply to #9579)

Student

Marty, what gets me about some of those commercials is how loud they get! One was so loud I thought it would blow the speakers and it startled me so.....

It should be illegal to purposely raise the volume on commercials. We don't need more advertising on television....I thought that cable was supposed to eliminate that problem.

Love and Peace to you!
soulfire
Posted 8/25/2008 11:35 AM (#9729 - in reply to #9306)

Alumni

Rose - I absolutely found that addiction to anxiety was my problem, in part anyway. I believe it has broken my health in the long run. But I had to *recognise* and break the addiction first (what I am doing right now w/ the clicking and some other things) before I can recover my health. UMS has been a key player in this for me because of the self examination req. in the meditations, etc.
searching
Posted 9/2/2008 5:35 PM (#9931 - in reply to #9306)

Regular

very intersting soulfire. thank you for sharing this. it may help me tremendacly.
Supernatural3
Posted 9/4/2008 12:12 AM (#9959 - in reply to #9306)

PhD Alumni

I want to add that I am a horrible meditator. I just have a hard time sitting still for any amount of time. I call it restless syndrome. I cannot even sleep still. My husband says I sleep like a tornado.

I often find that I can do my best under "Guided meditations" or "hypnosis". Because someone is helping me stay on track. This brain clicking is very similar, because it's telling you everytime your mind wanders, that it is ok, and it should just click back. They then use a certain word, as a reminder (anchor) to help keep on track.

I also found that I can walk and meditate well. I stay busy, but can enjoy the scenery, smells, clouds, birds, it keeps me occupied. You can make a recording of what you would like to accomplish, like a mantra, and create it as MP3, so you can put it on an ipod or player of choice to listen to, as you are out in the wilderness enjoying nature.

There really isn't a right or wrong about meditating, as long as you have positive outcome from doing so.

Blessings~

mruppert
Posted 9/4/2008 10:32 PM (#9977 - in reply to #9306)

FourRoses:

What we were told to say to callers that complained....even though we didn't have "commercials"; they were called "promos"...was that program content is not constant in sound...as scenes and action changes the sound changes....commercials are generally constant, and therefore seem louder. We have meters on an "air board" and I could obviously see that the source was louder. This is now common practice....another tool for advertisers!

The majority of people are hypnotized, just as Jilly implies. But, I  think I am not one of them...yet, Jill has caused me to re-examine that.

And, now, I have forgotten my point.....so.....

P&L,

Marty and Luck, Popp and SleepySiss

luckhu
Posted 10/28/2010 11:35 PM (#20575 - in reply to #9306)

New user

Thanks. I had overlooked that box above the quickfix list. I'm going to give it a try.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software