University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jobs, what can you do and what are you doing?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

jaxemma
Posted 8/15/2008 3:44 PM (#9256)
Subject: Jobs, what can you do and what are you doing?

I think it is so exiting to think about having a PHD in something!
I have researched online and the 'stats' say having a PHD in religious studies could make you 30-100k a year (u.s.)
If anyone who already has a PHD in metaphysical or religious studies wants to contribute to this conversation that would be great!
My questions are, does anyone make good money? What are some other things people have chosen to do with this experience?
Thanks!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/15/2008 5:06 PM (#9259 - in reply to #9256)
Subject: RE: Jobs, what can you do and what are you doing?

PhD Alumni

Not sure I did this for the money; I am still doing the job I was before, managing a social work charity for homeless people, mainly (www.wlm.org.uk) ... waiting on the light of the universe to continue its assistance in my future present path

My, many questions .... !

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/15/2008 5:07 PM
Supernatural3
Posted 8/16/2008 1:28 PM (#9316 - in reply to #9256)

PhD Alumni

It's all in the marketing that you do for yourself.

I do have PhD and I do have the potential to make a lot of money. As I do make about $50 to $75 per hour. That is for hypnosis session (i took extra advanced schooling for that).

I ask for a donation of $25 for a reading, or $50 to $100 for officiating a wedding. I ask for $50 per Reiki session. The more I market myself, the more money I have the potential of making.

I also can take time off easily... don't get paid.... but can easily work around other schedules.

I really enjoy my work, and I feel so sorry for those who work very hard, for little pay and no enjoyment. My husband works a very terrible job... he is miserable. My goal is to market myself enough to make enough money that he can just quit. We will get there....

Blessings~

instinctual
Posted 8/16/2008 2:34 PM (#9321 - in reply to #9256)

PhD Alumni

Hyas all...hey Jax! I am Lori, pleased to meet ya! I wonder if the stats you refer to differentiate between a secular vs non secular PhD...anyway..

There is so much you can do with the UMS degree...good examples of this are on the home page of umsonline.org

I do workshops to help nurses heal, currently, as well I am writing a book. I do not charge for Reiki currently because I am not marketing myself..I do it for friends and family...as right now I am focused more on family and personal issues. I did make a vow to myself and the universe, however, and that is that if I manifest a good income in whatever I choose to do when my studies are complete here, I will give a certain percentage back to the world in the form of charity, volunteering, etc. Pay it forward!!
If I am blessed I have no reason not to share my blessings with others.

Best wishes to you sweet one!
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/18/2008 6:24 AM (#9344 - in reply to #9321)

PhD Alumni

Quite so, Lori & DocJ ... I am speaking from a personal & UK perspective ... things are different over there to over here, I think ... and we all have our own paths too ...
Louise
Posted 10/12/2008 9:03 PM (#11083 - in reply to #9256)

UMS Student

Hi there! On this course you'll learn that wealth is a mindset. If you have a vision for your future (i.e. create tomorrow from today, not from the past), and you are following your passion, you can become abundant in so many ways. Give of yourself, and you shall receive! It matters not what the field of work is, if you are passionate about it, you can make it happen! It won't be the PHD that will bring you this, it will be the experience you gain whilst you are pursuing your PHD that may awaken you to your real purpose and passion in life. I wish you all the best, and wish for your passion to become realised!

Louise
x
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/13/2008 4:40 AM (#11100 - in reply to #11083)

PhD Alumni

Very wise comments if i may say Louise
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 1/18/2009 5:22 PM (#13214 - in reply to #9256)

Student

I'm just into living and working a "signicant" life. If I do that, I'm sure that "success" will just follow along for the ride. As Christine Breese says in one of her meditations,
"surrender, and be carried." Your highest interests for yourself and those around you will be met, and in that, you are sure to have at least a beautiful life, and a fulfilled life. Thats what its about for me. (I am enrolled for the full program right up front.) Trust yourself and the process.

Edited by Absolute Sovereigncy 1/18/2009 5:24 PM
Supernatural3
Posted 1/19/2009 2:45 AM (#13218 - in reply to #9256)

PhD Alumni

I very much agree with letting the flow take you along your path. I have been forced to change my career now 4 times. Every time I had a career that I thought I would excel in, something major happens and I am forced to change.

After so many changes, i have picked something that combines everything I am about.... finally. Now, i know beyond a shadow of doubt, it's what I was meant to do all along.

This school is a HUGE contribution to it all.
Blessings~
Paul Joseph
Posted 1/19/2009 5:03 AM (#13228 - in reply to #13214)

PhD Alumni

Courageous Absolute et al
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 6/30/2009 2:45 AM (#15653 - in reply to #9256)

Student

"The Book of Man" by Osho he talks about his ideal man he's called Zorba the buddha it is an appealing idea to me

if you want to make big money then you could counsel people with lots of money and problems :'( not in as a physchiatrist but guided meditation and inner work like a shaman haha

p.s i don't have a PHD but i felt like contributing

Edited by Zen&AlxM. 6/30/2009 2:48 AM
gyenayme
Posted 1/12/2010 11:08 PM (#18656 - in reply to #9256)

New user

Hmm, i'm not a student, at least not yet. For some reason I am drawn to this school.
Supernatural3
Posted 1/13/2010 12:01 AM (#18657 - in reply to #9256)

PhD Alumni

Hello, I was pulled to the school too. Best choice I ever made. I found myself in the process, which may sound silly, but until one figures it out, it's like wondering around lost in a jungle filled with Monkeys.

There is order in my chaos now. If that makes sense....

It's always a personal preference. Go with what you FEEL!
Blessings and Welcome~

peg
Posted 1/15/2010 12:48 AM (#18660 - in reply to #18656)

Student

Why wait?? It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. I don't even know what path this knowledge will take me on but it looks like an interesting ride! I too was drawn to the school nothing else was even in the running. just jump in you won't regret it.
Nadine
Posted 2/3/2010 4:48 PM (#18765 - in reply to #9256)

Regular

I don't know about jobs but enrolling in the school was the best decision I ever made for myself. It has changed my life and open my mind. I get to talk to people who believe there is more out there then a buck. I thank everyone of you for all your insight and knowledge.
mikesw7202
Posted 2/13/2010 9:39 AM (#18789 - in reply to #9256)

PhD Alumni

I'm working on my dissertation with UMS at this point. I would say for me the best advantages so far I've found with a UMS education is getting a broad exposure to many different metaphysical subjects and the thesis and dissertation processes, which allow you to take the educational foundation of the program and develop your personal perspectives from them. It allows you to develop your own viewpoints within metaphysics, which you could later develop into your own writings and teachings.

Peace,
Mike
Supernatural3
Posted 2/14/2010 12:27 PM (#18795 - in reply to #9256)

PhD Alumni

Nicely put....
I love what everyone has to say and couldn't agree more.
Blessings~
Louise
Posted 4/12/2010 4:54 PM (#19306 - in reply to #9256)

UMS Student

You will discover, and may embrace, that you can do whatever you want to do!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software