University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

snapping out of the blahs (blues)
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Supernatural3
Posted 8/8/2008 2:35 PM (#8837)
Subject: snapping out of the blahs (blues)

PhD Alumni

OK, so life has a way with tormenting the bajeebas out of ya....

While I KNOW ways to snap out of it, and seem to always be able to help others snap out of it, in all honesty.... I personally am having a heck of a time trying to snap out of the BLAHS.

I have lost motivation for just about everything. Yet I don't want to just sulk.... i am normally not a whiner type of person..... not with out CHEESE! lol

I honestly think I just need to good night out, shoot some pool, and go a couple rounds with muh hubby. <evil grin>

I personally have been detained from any sort of fun, due to a vacant house that needs cleared, re-building a computer and running my friend to court (twice). Today was my first LAZY day and I didn't do a dang thing. But honestly, i don't think it's helping. I need FUN! I am a natural goof ball and I want my goof back. Still got the ball..... LOLOL

Anyway, Love and hugs.... suggestions welcome.

What helped YOU.... kick out of the blues? 
Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 8/8/2008 2:38 PM (#8839 - in reply to #8837)
Subject: RE: snapping out of the blahs (blues)

PhD Alumni

HI Jills...I just posted a reply to you in the "new thread" ...

Can you go to a hotel for a night with the hubby?(wink)! Can you do a bit of retail therapy? Can you go skinny dipping somewhere?
Supernatural3
Posted 8/8/2008 3:26 PM (#8852 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

I do have a pool..... lol

It's been used on many occations, but lately, we haven't been able to celebrate much at all.

Time to MAKE time.... right?

instinctual
Posted 8/8/2008 3:30 PM (#8853 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

Yes, it is. You know as well as I do that all your responsibilities will be there for you on another day. So, what are you waiting for?

Go on...get naked!

Supernatural3
Posted 8/8/2008 4:04 PM (#8858 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

Here is one heck of a funny thing..... I never got dressed today. I am running around my house nearly naked.... YIKES! Ok, not quite (have kids). But, tonight.... i am jumping in the pool to watch the stars shoot and laiz out. SWEET!

Appletini time.... ha ha ha (scrubs fan).

Banana Hamick~
instinctual
Posted 8/8/2008 4:35 PM (#8865 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

Oh Good Grief! LOLOLOL Banana Hammock ahahahhaaaaaa giggling out loud here! Ok, scratch the margarita and go for that appletini...
clink! (wink)!
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/8/2008 5:55 PM (#8868 - in reply to #8837)

well, i dare say you ladies have more fun than I these days. More to you!

Cara (burying head in sand over banana hammock comment...)
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/9/2008 4:09 AM (#8891 - in reply to #8868)

PhD Alumni

In UK, 24 months old kiddies are referred to as hitting the 'terrible two's" !
x
Supernatural3
Posted 8/11/2008 2:04 AM (#8949 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

My kids luckily never hit anything terrible at age two. They were really great kids and to be honest, I don't know how I lucked out. I am a very lucky person. Always have been. 

The weekend was really a fun one. No kids.... hubby and I just laughed at silly things and watched a couple episodes of Scrubs during a beautiful lightening storm.

I think I have pretty much snapped out of it, a little more....
There is one thing that rings true.... Time heals all.

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/11/2008 4:49 AM (#8961 - in reply to #8949)

PhD Alumni

I think it is 'terrible twos' because of the beginnings of the conflcit between dependency and independence; the assertion of will; the dawning of awareness, loss of innocence, challenge, in them as well as in us .. ! All a necessary but challenging & natural process ..

Supernatural3
Posted 8/11/2008 10:40 AM (#8980 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

Yep, that is a 2 for you.... but we experience this through out our entire life. As we are always in double digits for the most part.

We are also forever changing and moving into new stages of life. Adjustments are constant.

As humans we are dynamic, and static all at once. One is never changing and the other is at a constant change. With each breath we are closer to human death, than we were just prior to that. Its a natural change, whether we accept it, or not.

I hate the thought of losing a loved one, as I watch them fade away... it takes a toll on us all. To accept this change is one the hardest tasks while in earth form. Our hardest lesson ever.

Yet, I do not fear my own death, I only fear how it will effect others. My own lesson with this is to be all that I can be, while I can be it here. If another person smiles, because of me, I am happy.

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/11/2008 10:48 AM (#8982 - in reply to #8980)

PhD Alumni

Though numerologically, I am a 1 !

and a

x
instinctual
Posted 8/11/2008 8:40 PM (#9018 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

Paul said: I think it is 'terrible twos' because of the beginnings of the conflcit between dependency and independence; the assertion of will; the dawning of awareness, loss of innocence, challenge, in them as well as in us .. ! All a necessary but challenging & natural process ..

Lori says: What a nice way of saying they can be real brats! Please forgive...just feeling silly at the moment...

Oh me oh my!
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/12/2008 1:53 AM (#9021 - in reply to #8837)

Jill-
Glad to hear things are looking up for you. I wish I could spend the time with my husband that you describe.

I have the 23 month old at home. yeehaa! And, he started his developmental 2's early. I think it is the psychodynamic theorists who introduced child developmental theory (Paul you can correct me). The stages that one experiences in the first three years of separation and individuation are later repeated in the teen years...but now the kids have the car keys and a larger vocabulary to tell you about it! Ay!

I can't wait for the teen years! While my son is a sweetie most of the time. He is quite talkative and rather flirtatious...naturally, not learned. I can only imagine what he will be like when he hits puberty.

Anyway, I am chin deep in mommyhood and wondering what happened to Cara, the woman, some days.

C

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/12/2008 7:37 AM (#9031 - in reply to #9021)

PhD Alumni

just trying to resonate x
Supernatural3
Posted 8/12/2008 9:07 AM (#9036 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

I hear you Cara. I remember being in your stage, while I had three babies in a row. I had two babies in one year (88) and another one in 90. They are all three in college now. When I married my 2nd hubby, I took on two more children full time. Just as I got my three in highschool, we had two more starting Kindergarten. That one was hard to swallow for sure. So, I am still raising two more, one in the 5th, and one in 6th. Being a step mother is harder than being a mother. I have these two full time, but catch all kinds of crap, for anything I do by their real mother who has tried to ruin my life time and time again. My older three are still home, so it's a very crowded house, but filled with love.

I also feel that it is extremely harder to love someone elses kids, than it is to love your own.
I find myself hoping that I do not show favortism, as I deeply love my hubby, and his blood runs through those two more. That saves them a lot. LOL

I do make time to spend with my husband. My first marriage was not so good. He was always gone and I basically lived alone with three babies. I think I went through many stages. When I look at the developemental theorists stages, I can compair easily with Frued's stages, and Piaget's theories, but i think many stages were left out. They never included psychotic stages. LOL

All I know is, my children all behave extremely well.... but I think it's due to my tendancy to give birth to a cow, if they don't.

It's a mom's job to create our children to be able to handle being independant, and we have 18 years to do it. My children did good so far, but I must have done something wrong, because after 18 years, they still want to live with momma. hmmmmm- Not complaining. 

One can see all my children on myspace.

Bless your heart Cara, it does get better. I think baby stages are by far, harder than teen stages. For me it was....

Grandma stage is next for me. I just hope that my kids have their own place, prior. LOL

HUGS
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/12/2008 9:25 AM (#9037 - in reply to #9021)

PhD Alumni

Wouldn't dream of correcting you Cara ... was seeking to empathise and recognise how hard it is to grow up and facilitate the growth process, let alone how hard it also is, to BE a grown up (if we ever are!) ...

..... letting souls become who they might be ....

just to amplify what had informed my responses, Erik Erikson had eight ages of life; but interestingly, good olde Will Shakespeare also had something to say about this, in, 'As You Like It':

'All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players.
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
Then the whining schoolboy with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress, eyebrow. Then, a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden, and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lined,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,
His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
That ends this strange, eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.'

http://www.shakespeare.org.uk/content/view/725/623/

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/12/2008 9:30 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/12/2008 10:15 AM (#9040 - in reply to #9036)

PhD Alumni

Impressive site DocJ; well done !
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/12/2008 11:43 AM (#9041 - in reply to #9040)

Alumni

That is my favorite Shakespeare passage! Thanks!
Supernatural3
Posted 8/12/2008 12:01 PM (#9042 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

I was never into Shakespear at all, but it does make good sense. Thank you for sharing something I have never read before. I do not know why I never was into poetry, or anything of the sort. I can write it easily, as if I was a poet in a past life, but for some odd reason, the only poetry I can really get into, is written with music or cheerleading. HA HA  However, It's the music, that opens the soul, with good lyrics.... at least for me.

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/12/2008 1:18 PM (#9047 - in reply to #9041)

PhD Alumni

Thanks back to you too; increasingly i feel WS was such a great metaphysician x
Supernatural3
Posted 8/12/2008 3:40 PM (#9059 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

I am trying to keep busy, staying focused on things to do, but to be honest, those highs and lows still hit. Feels like summer is already over and that with-in itself is so blah. I am certainly not ready for 6 months of snow and it's only two months away.

It's too chilly to enjoy the pool, dang it. Think I will turn on some music and prepare dinner. I am making Chicken Fetachini Alfredo.  Yummmmm

Had my blood sugar and blood pressure checked today..... Normal range. Yay... but the tremors still make me always feel up tight. Is there such a thing as stress free environment? Perhaps I will run a tub with some bubbles, take my boom box and just sleep in the tub. LOL

I welcome all the healing energy anyone can send.... because I seriously need it.  I have noticed my psychic abilities have increased lately. I have been tuning into my hubby's thoughts again. Saying exactly what he was thinking all the time now. I like that.

Here is another issue.... I am always used to being in school. Right now I am not and I have WAY too much time on my hands. I am bored and I do NOT feel like cleaning, as I have to do that daily. LOL Looks like I will have to break out the Wii.  I am even too lazy for that.

I cannot work on my mom's pc, due to her windows disk not arriving yet. I have no clients today, or the rest of the week. Will have to place in law of attraction, because I need more income. It's scary.

My hubby's shoulder is still fractured, so he is in constant pain, but still goes to work, due to not being able to afford to take off. I hope that heals. I reiki it all the time, I just hope it kicks in. Also, my daughter started Physical Therapy today for her spine. I hope that improves her pain so she can get back to college cheerleading. But things are looking better for both. Yay!

Anywho, thank you all for being here.... much hugs

Tracy Martin
Posted 8/12/2008 4:48 PM (#9060 - in reply to #8837)

Alumni

Hi Jill! Will be happy to send real focused energy to you tonight. You have a 'lull' in your action packed life, a place of patience, of stillness. You have been feeling a lack of energy, a slowing down of your usual energetic self. It all seems so natural and not unusual at all after going through the death of your father and his wife.

I think the biggest thing that helps me to snap out of the blablooz is the knowledge that all things happen in cycles, this will not last forever and will pass. The Universe loves to give us new mysteries to ponder on, and we  enjoy the challenges even if we don't admit it. I can also choose thoughts and raise my emotional state in any given moment, but sometimes letting it ride itself out is just as good. Learning to acknowledge the emotions and the needs that are met or unmet within is also a part of the process.
Supernatural3
Posted 8/12/2008 9:38 PM (#9061 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

Yes, I have to agree with all that. Just don't always like it. LOL

I suppose everything will kick back to normal soon. I have about one week of no kids left, then all chaos will break loose again. ha ha

I will try to spend this time meditating, maybe listening to some cd's.... pick a book I have wanted to read. Forgot I can do that. LOL.... now that it's not  forced for some grade. It truly feels weird with a bunch of time and nothing to do with it.

Thank you so much for extra boosting energy. Perhaps I can break out my unicycle. LOL yes, i ride one of those. They are fun.... just cannot keep up with others, and others cannot ride, so it's a lone type of thing.
HUGS

instinctual
Posted 8/13/2008 11:40 AM (#9079 - in reply to #8837)

PhD Alumni

Jill, your family is beautiful! I enjoy your MS page! So much going on in your life...and such humor you still have and such spirit too!

Keep on Keeping on!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software