University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a little favor
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

danny.israel
Posted 8/8/2008 3:49 AM (#8806)
Subject: a little favor

Student

Hello wonderfuls of the netsurf.

For anyone who is willing to commit very charitable action I have a request I would greatly, greatly appreciate.

I have a friend who I would like to begin holding in the light. I have included a photo, he is the brown haired boy. I invite you to help out and work with this one by providing him with light in whichever way you wish to do so and are comfortable with. Any loving energies are greatly appreciated.

Thank You Sincerely,
Daniel

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v263/72/111/50385212...

Edited by danny.israel 8/8/2008 3:52 AM

(braeden.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments braeden.jpg (46KB - 400 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/8/2008 4:40 AM (#8821 - in reply to #8806)
Subject: RE: a little favor

PhD Alumni

Thanks Danny - just a question, do you have his consent/permisison/agreement ?
instinctual
Posted 8/8/2008 1:59 PM (#8833 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

Hey Danny!
Hope all is well...and happy your friend wants to get on his Path! Agree with Paul-

Even if he is expressing his desire, is he giving permission to our intention?

Will be happy to help...
Lori

(He seems to already have a fantastic energy and spirit about him)!!
Supernatural3
Posted 8/8/2008 3:22 PM (#8849 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

Not sure which one you want the healing energy to go to? With two people there, I will just light up both. If they do not want it, they will automatically reject it anyway. Healing Energy to both, and you all.

danny.israel
Posted 8/8/2008 10:40 PM (#8879 - in reply to #8806)

Student

I don't have his consent.

My understanding is that light will find the path of least resistance.
Rose
Posted 8/8/2008 10:50 PM (#8880 - in reply to #8849)

Student

Yes, I don't know who's who there...brown hair? Okay, the one with the lighter brown hair? Well, I agree with Doc, so I will pray for Both of You.

Much Love and Peace to you....How's the travels Danny? Still biking, climbing...swimming across our great countryside?

Stay safe, warm and illuminated!
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/9/2008 9:02 AM (#8900 - in reply to #8879)

PhD Alumni

That's an interesting metaphysical point Danny, that i must ponder on ... sorry, i can be such a bore !
Supernatural3
Posted 8/11/2008 1:54 AM (#8947 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

Sometimes we also have to create less resistance to clear the way, for the light to do it's job.

I always imagine the light punching through even the thickest of objects....

In hopes that it helps! Shine on~
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/11/2008 4:39 AM (#8959 - in reply to #8947)

PhD Alumni

Hmm - I think that is part of my concern Jill - the Light can knock us seven x seven ways of sideways and if we are not prepared, or do not give our consent, it can create many many waves ... look at the Book of Job (I know I often cite it, sorry) ... still pondering ! +
sunflower
Posted 8/11/2008 6:16 AM (#8962 - in reply to #8959)

Elite Veteran

dangerous stuff,not to be messed about with,the light shines in us all,sometimes others cannot see it,i know those 2!
sunflower
Posted 8/11/2008 6:17 AM (#8963 - in reply to #8959)

Elite Veteran

dangerous stuff,not to be messed about with,the light shines in us all,sometimes others cannot see it,i know those 2!
sunflower
Posted 8/11/2008 6:19 AM (#8964 - in reply to #8963)

Elite Veteran

ahh,don,t some people like to play games,when they haven,t a clue,what it is really al about,paul you are very silent,no need to ponder my friend,all is well.x
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/11/2008 7:19 AM (#8968 - in reply to #8964)

PhD Alumni

? Very silent? 1300 + posts ? How silent [or loud .. or too noisy ...] is that ?!!

I have been kept logged in by the Board when I have actually not been present also ...

......... I agree with what you say about the Light Iris; again, a further reason why I had to ponder ...
Supernatural3
Posted 8/11/2008 10:26 AM (#8978 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

Danger is attracted to that of which attracts it, which is it's self.

Light is always healing and as long as intent is there, it will not place anyone in danger.

When someone is asking for light, no caution is needed for our divine Gods will do the directing.

If someone has fear of this light, they will attract fear, instead, as the light will refract away.

Intent is everything.... one cannot fail with good intentions.

Those who fear the strength of light, bring about their own darkness, but often a shade spot is needed.

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/11/2008 10:39 AM (#8979 - in reply to #8978)

PhD Alumni

Not sure I personally want to debate this much further; I think it may be a matter for the heart rather than the head; have made my position as clear as I can; I think it could go either way.

The Light equally, can burn; we are entitled to ask for ourselves to be burnt; and accept the consequences. All i am pondering is that, if someone is prepared for the showdown with the Shadow (to put it another way), then, that is a task we might be able to be with them with; but I do feel, that unless someone asks for it, we take it heavily upon our own hands to invoke it.

In the miracle healings/teachings of Jesus I cannot think of an occasion when he intervened unless the other party had expressed the wish/intention (except in the case perhaps of Lazarus, which may be different; or not!)

although too, 'good intentions' in and of themselves can be troubling - the Inquisitors propagated the very best of intentions when they were burning heretics for the good of their souls ...

and I do not think I fear the strength of the light - quite the contrary.

But i am prepared to be wrong. God works in mysterious ways.

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/11/2008 10:44 AM
Supernatural3
Posted 8/11/2008 10:57 AM (#8983 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

Technically, we are all one. so one person asking, is like us all asking. The healing energy will only go where it is needed. We also ALL ask for guidance for others on a constant. It's no different in this case.

As my father is now dead, but I ask others to pray for him, give him light, to guide his way. Since his physical body is dead, he cannot ask himself. It's no different as we pray for others in church.

Spirit light, and physical light are two separate entities. We are not talking of light that of which burns, we are talking energy light of that we are created of, that heals.

When talking physics, too much light on human skin is going to burn, but in spirit, we cannot be burned. When the fire is burned out, the energy is still existant regardless.  Healing light is unlimited and with intent, we can heal the world.

I certainly understand where you are coming from Paul It's so confusing to realize the difference between physics and meta-physics and why some could fear such light, as they get sunburned. Physics light is not the light I am talking about. I speak of spiritual light AKA Reiki at which the guides always regulate, so it's impossible to mess up.

Personally: I have no fear of it, I have no fear of my intent to heal. I know it will never do harm. To know that, is all I need to heal. 

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/11/2008 11:23 AM (#8987 - in reply to #8983)

PhD Alumni

I can see both sides of this argument DocJ.

I am not sure that I was confusing physics with metaphysics ( I was speaking metaphorically).

I think though that sometimes healing energy must take us into a dark place if that is where our healing journey needs to go. I am more acquainted with those dark places than I sometimes would have wanted to be; and am only trying to say that, if our healing energy/intent works (as I am sure it does), it might take someone unprepared into places that they might not have chosen in this life to go; that's all. In the long run, we might well say, that's where they would have needed to have gone anyway - which is a point of view I guess.

Hence, the awesome, or indeed, 'awe-ful' power of the Light.

But maybe I am too cautious.

Another possible example against what I am saying is of course, the Parable of the Centurion: the Centurion asks Jesus to heal his daughter, who is not present. Jesus exclaims in wonderment at this man's faith, that he recognises the healing power of Jesus, even at a distance; and she is healed. Though of course, we do not know if the girl asked her father to visit the Jesus.

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/11/2008 11:25 AM
instinctual
Posted 8/11/2008 11:25 AM (#8988 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

I understand both views ( Dang Libra )-

I believe the energy will go where it needs to go...yet in Reiki attunements it was banged into our heads to always specifically get consent...never to assume that a particular person is wanting energy when you are ready to give it...in terms of dealing with distant healings... and I think that is the crux of it...- otherwise it would not be for the greater good, the highest good of that person. Healing a country, a plot of land, the earth, is different...assisting in the healing of individuals, I tend to err on the side of caution...

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/11/2008 11:27 AM (#8989 - in reply to #8988)

PhD Alumni

Aah dear Lori, thank you for intereceding (or your intercessions ! ha ha) as I was editing my post ... and thank you then for understanding what I was clumsily trying to get out !

so much better expressed than I x
ps, I thought you were Sagitarius - its me with Libra Ascending ?)

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/11/2008 11:28 AM
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/11/2008 11:49 AM (#9006 - in reply to #8806)

Alumni

If Jesus said we should pray for our 'enemies' then I guess we can pray for anyone. No one is forced to accept an invitation when it arrives, and if the invitation is to a Celebration of Life and Love, what is there to fear? Send out positive intentions and good vibes and let God take care of the details. 
Supernatural3
Posted 8/11/2008 2:36 PM (#9008 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

I send out healing energy all the time, to those who are suffering. They do not have strength on their own, and in most cases do not even know they can ask for help. They don't ask due totheir own disbelief system.... which is why others can step up to the plate. It's not forced, but offered. I think Tracy summed it up, they will turn it down if it's not needed or wanted. At least it's offered. Just like passing a tray of food around. If they don't want it, they are welcome to let the plate keep going.

If one fears sending out, don't send.... if one doesn't, then send away.

However; I have never heard of anyone being hurt, due to healing energy being sent. Not one single documented or proven case that I am aware of.  We cannot even prove that someone was physically injured by a ghost. I have witnessed claims, but never witnessed anything  of the sort.

I guess it all comes down to one's own beleif system. If you really think that healing energy can harm, then do not attempt it. All I know is: Fear should not be an ingredient. No emotional thought of fear should ever take place when attempting to heal.

I also do not look at this as an argument, I look at it as a debate, where many sides are viewed. There is no proof of right or wrong, only views of which to ponder. I think all views make sense and can understand legitimate concerns on all point of views.

instinctual
Posted 8/11/2008 8:11 PM (#9012 - in reply to #8806)

PhD Alumni

Hi Jiller, Trace, et al...excellent points you both make...it all goes back to prayer, in my opinion...we pray for people when they suffer, we want the best for them, even if they didn't ask for it...I hear and feel you both for sure.
danny.israel
Posted 8/11/2008 9:30 PM (#9019 - in reply to #9012)

Student

: )
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/12/2008 1:39 AM (#9020 - in reply to #8806)

Oh, just pray! It doesn't have to be a philosophical debate dear friends. It is my belief that Love does not harm. So, I send my Love in its purest form.

Danny-
You have my support. Now, for any specific prayer, what is it I am praying for??? I am going to trust that it is a good cause and that you have best intentions for your friend.

Best regards,
C (in my most practical, down-to-earth-get-it-done! frame of mind...with best intentions and no ill will toward any of my fellows)

P.S. I am not trying to be contrary; I am just trying to keeping it simple here. I love and respect all who have responded and respect you all the more for having responded to someone in need. Capice?)
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/12/2008 4:40 AM (#9027 - in reply to #9020)

PhD Alumni

I am now feeling misunderstood, which is not unusual; and slightly put in a position in which I do not want to be; when did I say I was 'afraid', for example ?

I am respectful of the Higher Power, however we conceive of that.

It is part of my nature to see many sides of any discussion/debate/argument/pondering/reflection/analysis/synthesis : choose whichever words fit, please.

On the Cross Jesus asked for forgiveness for those who had crucified him. This indicates there are different kinds of prayer; different kinds of invocation.

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software