University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

this is a great deal for a metaphysics degree...more...
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

mruppert
Posted 8/20/2008 10:19 PM (#9462 - in reply to #8373)
Subject: RE: this is a great deal for a metaphysics degree...more...

Hi guys....
     In the regions of the birth of religion, they did indeedy, have pigs.....a high yield domesticated animal able to feed many people for quite a while. However, they are a lot like us, in that their skin is very much like ours...as is, in fact, used for grafting purposes. But they burn in the sun, and are subject to melanomas. They need to either be kept in shade or use sunscreen.....mud! So, they wallow in pools of water.
     The dumb (and crafty) ancient peoples knew that the good food source was too labor intensive and required two precious commodities in short supply...water and shade. So the propaganda spinmeisters had to come up with "the big LIE" to get people away from breeding pigs. And they came up with..."Yo my Jewish and Islamic brothers.....dem pigs is unclean....look-a-dat...dey wallowing in p*&^ and s#$@ in dat pond over dere......." Well, yeah, if it is the only moisture to be found with such sensitive skin in the middle of a desert...of course they are! 
     Oh....lest we forget....."dey got worms"! I guess these guys didn't check their other animals out to good....particularly their dogs.
     I have no problem with stupidity in the name of faith....after all, I am Roman Catholic and we usedtacouldn't eat meat on Fridays....now it is just some Fridays. I have no problem with Jews and Muslims not eating pork...as long as we all, everyone, realize that what we do in these regards is silly and stupid,and not because God will get me if I eat a steak on Friday....or that pork is by divine intervention unclean!
     And go to the forums....for my story on this subject....which people love to love or hate....but expect it of me!

peace,
Marty and CleanCats, Luck, Popp, and Siss

Top of the page Bottom of the page
sunflower
Posted 8/21/2008 9:02 AM (#9503 - in reply to #9462)

Elite Veteran

i,ve never understood this eating meat,fish whatever on certain days,in some religions,maybe its because i don,t have a fixed relegion as such.Pigs are very clean intelligent animals,in fact ALL animals are intelligent,its humans that are stupid,greedy,vain,destructive.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/21/2008 9:38 AM (#9507 - in reply to #9503)

PhD Alumni

Quite so Iris, agreed, it was similar remarks I made about pigs the other day to Jaxemma, who likes pigs also, (somewhere back on this thread or another) that led to these various Piglet ruminations ... with truffle insights from Sir Marty ... and a joke by Danjummai on the humour thread .. now just added to by me on the Ships and Shoes and Sailing thread ... (that one about boars rather than pigs but I was using poetic licence!!)
sunflower
Posted 8/23/2008 1:58 AM (#9643 - in reply to #9507)

Elite Veteran

yeh!and so say allof us.x
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/23/2008 5:41 PM (#9693 - in reply to #9643)

PhD Alumni

Yes

Is the word

That started the

Universe

So 'tis said

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/23/2008 5:43 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum