University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Holistic Health Check-up: Name 3 things you do regularly to stay fit
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Kiddo Green
Posted 8/6/2008 3:07 AM (#8593 - in reply to #8320)
Subject: RE: Holistic Health Check-up: Name 3 things you do regularly to stay fit

Tracy, PJ-
I should say that "I" have a tendency to become sidetracked. I was afraid that if I commented I (or we) might drift off into another conversation altogether...Call it a family trait, call it a cultural trait, whatever... But, the art of conversation as with my mother and her family is lyrical and flowing. They get to the point and answer the question...eventually...after many tangents and many many many stories... Sometimes, it is tedious for the observer. I myself have to be mindful of this pattern of speaking and writing. That's all. I was just expressing that I wanted to say something, but was resisting...

Forgive me if came across as controlling the conversation. I was merely trying to edit myself.

C
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/6/2008 4:09 AM (#8600 - in reply to #8593)
Subject: RE: Holistic Health Check-up: Name 3 things you do regularly to stay fit

PhD Alumni

Isn't this though what the Board is all about (oh well, partly about; oh well i mean, contingently about, ... ), ie, the spark of new ideas & associations as they arise ... consciousness elevation/migration/submersion ? ! x
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/6/2008 6:36 PM (#8671 - in reply to #8320)

OK. OK, I will say it then! I went to a workshop with a Kahuna a couple years back. It was a strange meeting since he was one of the last surviving Kahunas of the old ways and also he was a man. (Kahunas are typically women and the traditions are passed down through the maternal line) This kahuna had learned his craft from his grandmother.

Anyway, he brought up the Hawaiian concept of time and energy (mana) as being in 'flow' rather than in balance. Flow being a more female and perhaps indigenous people's concept than a male, patriarchal, western concept. Balance reflects the western concepts of opposites, separateness and power shifting and polarity. Flow addresses the 'Oneness' of all being. SO, at any point we are shifting with the flow.

A light went on in my head. This seemed to true for me, it left me near speechless (a feat in and of itself!) for about a day. I have since tried to incorporate this principle into my personal beliefs, actions and my teachings.

So, I have heard 'go with the flow', etc. even here on the boards. It has more meaning to me than people realize. And, it is good...

That is my tangent/story and I am sticking to it...

*wink*
Kiddo
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/6/2008 11:05 PM (#8678 - in reply to #8320)

Alumni

I enjoy tangents too! Bright, tart, sweet orange ones.

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/7/2008 8:09 AM (#8704 - in reply to #8671)

PhD Alumni

Absolutely ... also, if we are all indeed One (as we are, vibrationally - Quantum Physics meets Metaphysics meets the Dharma meets Tao meets The Geeta meets the New Testament meets the Kachina meets ...) ..

...then we are the Flow and the Flow is us (fascinating thread eons back too about Hoop'onopo - sorry spelling wrong, but also Hawaiian)

.... everything that happens to You happens to Me

......... all is interconnectedness in the grate spiral nebulae of Instancy

............ wormholes of pure Consciousness ...

......................Time stands still - is an illusion - is Eternity ...

.........................................a huge gift, equally, a huge challenge !

Namaste in Resonance with the beat of the Cosmic Heart x
mruppert
Posted 8/7/2008 1:20 PM (#8758 - in reply to #8320)

Tangerine Dream, Traceling!

Paulio has got it right and has hit the nail on the tippytop!
My spiritual checkup is to come here and be with you all. Paul is right to the respect that "we" are ALL ONE! We are very different people in many clothes and colors. We have different nationalities, different allegiances,  different backgrounds, different skill levels, different problems, different goals...one might say that there is such a diversity that there is no reason for us to be the way we are.
     One might say that we didn't really care that this place in space and time would be dissolved and/or absorbed into another. But, I think that a force that I choose to call "cosmic resonance" shone a light on a certain person, and she realized that what she created was, indeed, visionary! I'd like to think that it became clear to her that she joined people together, as a community. I'd like to think that she realized that to scatter us to the four winds, would have been against what she dreamed of, as a founder and pillar of what she truly believes. Yes, I think all of that!
     WE come together because we want to! We do not need validation from others that are not like us. For those that are new and come with questions, my emotional response is always that you arrived here for a REASON...and you must now explore that reason and come to terms with it. My logical response is very much the same. For, the stars 'impel"; they do not "compel" people to be as they are.
      Does it hurt my feelings that some make fun of us, and question us, and ridicule us? I am human, so my answer is, of course, it does!
      But, then I go back to what Paul said indirectly, we are an open community of spirits, souls, what have you.....and all are welcome to be part of it. We dance in a ring, but when someone comes, we open, join hands, find  partners and come together.....so that the ring grows in magnitude.....so that the ring eventually encircles the globe!

Peace and Love,
Marty and Sillysosphical Cats, Lady Luckylee, Dame Poppyhead, and Mistress SissyGirl
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/7/2008 9:20 PM (#8790 - in reply to #8320)

Alumni

Spiritual, Mental, Emotional Health

I believe in Love as an Ultimate Power.
 I am contemplating the  love and the connection that I experience for others and from others.

It is  puzzling to be human, it is a vulnerable existence.
We wonder how we fit in, how we are accepted or rejected by others.
In our thoughts are fears over our human selves, our bodies, our emotions, 
our mental powers, and whatever else the Shadow conceals in hiding places within.
We cultivate so much fear and shame in our minds throughout life. 

Now I hear some messages pulling me from my fears!

"These are all just thoughts, insubstantial, unreal!
You are mesmerized by these thoughts.
Be silent, be still. Let go, relax, let go!

Let go of your suffering, of defining yourself by your suffering.
Let go of those memories that have become rigid in your mind.  

Choose Peace.
Move on. 
Flow. Flow. Flow.

Whatever Reality is to you can only be experienced in this present moment. Right now. Now!
When you have pain,  go there, with awareness and compassion.
Get quiet, feel, let go of resistance, flow.

What's your breathing like? How does your body feel sitting there? Let your mind be clear.

Bring/Shine Light/Joy/Harmony and luxuriate in That for yourselves. 
When you listen, listen for the Heart with your heart.
Then stretch your heart a little more and comfort the pain which flows in and out.

This speaks to me so beautifully in my body, mind, and soul.

So much pain, so much joy, so much presence.
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/7/2008 10:33 PM (#8795 - in reply to #8320)

PJ-
That's exactly it. about Ho'oponopono and Huna, i mean. I would be interested in the thread. The kuhana practiced the old ways/magic/healing arts of Hawaii. The vibrational presence of the indigen. peeps is so different from our western current. We strive to restore the connectedness & calm that they seem to naturally have.

Tracy-
Thanks again. Your words are lovely.

C
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/7/2008 10:40 PM (#8796 - in reply to #8320)

Just found the summary of one of a recent presentation. If anyone is interested...

HO'OMANA - Traditional Hawaiian Spirituality — AUPUNI IWIULA — San Martin/ San Simeon
HO'OMANA - Traditional Hawaiian Spirituality Kahuna Aupuni Iwi`ula will give a presentation on HO'OMANA - Traditional Hawaiian Spirituality. Aupuni is the last true Kahuna of the Old Ways. HO'OMANA means to create Spiritual Power. This year he will present the four tenets of HO'OMANA: HO'OMAKAUKAU (Preparation with Firmness), HA'AHA'A (Humility with Strength not Surrender), HO'IHI (Respect with Understanding) and 'OIA'I'O (Truth with Commitment not Complacency). He will demonstrate the concepts of HO'OPONOPONO, HO'OMALU and KU HINA. This will all be done through the context of KULANA and KULEANA.

This is his foundation...http://www.kalama.org/

C
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/8/2008 4:01 AM (#8810 - in reply to #8758)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Professor McAvity Marty - my sentiments excatly ... & also, the power of the Board of the Ring : lovely posts there Tracy too ! x
instinctual
Posted 8/8/2008 2:43 PM (#8841 - in reply to #8320)

PhD Alumni

Tracy!

You flow like no one I know...reading your words causes me to want to go swimming, long, hard, far out, embrace the water, embrace the sea, ride the waves of fear...reconnect from where we came...with great sincerity and at the risk of causing you to feel uncomfortable...this is how your words and love touch me...

WOW
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software