University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I really want to go here
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

jaxemma
Posted 7/27/2008 10:54 PM (#7858)
Subject: I really want to go here

I feel very drawn to this school. I have some questions that would validate my feelings that this could be the right school for me.
I am a believer of Co-Creation, Manifestation, and that we are all creating our own realities. How would a school like this and I mesh together? Is this an underlying theme of metaphysics?
Is the PHD something that although its not from a 'accredited' school would be respected?
How many people graduate from here and do what they love??
Thank you for answering in advance!
Namaste
Jacqueline
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 7/28/2008 1:43 AM (#7870 - in reply to #7858)
Subject: RE: I really want to go here

PhD Alumni

I also feel we create our own world how we want and have more control than we think. At least when it comes to spirituality and religion. After studying here, I decided to use my own belief system and I named it Jillithism. LOL or Jillism. As many people on earth, is how many different religions we can have. You already have all the knowledge inside, we at UMS just help aid in bringing it to the surface.

I am a graduate, and I do what I LOVE as a business too. I chose Hypnotherapy, which I can still use many of my UMS studies for. As well as writing. My PhD may not be accredited, but it means the world to me. It counts in the eyes of God. I don't care about politics of it, i guess. I thought i did, but I was happiest while pursuing a full spiritual life.

When I found i loved the hypnosis courses here, i pursued advanced training in it. I loved every minute.

I guess you are the only one that can answer that, however, some of the classes offered give you many idea's for a better way of life, as well as career. I plan on writing another dissertation for my DD with this college.

Welcome, and go with your inner feelings, they won't let you down.
Blessings~
mruppert
Posted 7/28/2008 2:33 AM (#7872 - in reply to #7858)

"I feel very drawn to this school"
Hi Jaxie:
     DocJ, in her own way, is very academic. She has learned a lot, done a lot, and continues her education, in a lifelong path of enlightenment.
      Should you seek something to put on a resume, this is not what you want....I am very blunt about that.....but your words that I quoted gives me the sense that you are really, truly, looking for something else other than a resume enhancer.
       In that respect, if you are seeking a greater understanding of the internal power that resides in you, and seek avenues to express that power, then this might just be the place for you!
       Your own words say your destiny, so welcome......to a bunch of truly crazy metaphysicians.......and may you be happy and fulfilled!!!!
Peace and Love,
Marty and Preternatural Cats, Luckylee, Poppyhead and Sissygirl
jaxemma
Posted 7/28/2008 11:06 AM (#7879 - in reply to #7858)

Thank you both,
I am not looking for a resume enhancer by any means, but I am looking for a sustainable future.
Truthfully if I go to this school, and graduate, I doubt I would be sending out resume's in the first place. I would think their could be many ways to utilize a degree like this to the fullest. Even though the degree isn't accredited, do you find that it is 'respected'?

Also the payment plan is incrdible, and not to sound suspicious, but why it the tuition so affordable?

Thank you for answering my questions so quickly!
mruppert
Posted 7/28/2008 12:24 PM (#7880 - in reply to #7858)

Hello Jaxsonville:
     Some people are on line at the "right" time....I am sure you are going to get many more responses. Thus, the nature of serendipity.
     I don't know why the tuition is the way that it is....very affordable  for what you get.....but what you get is what you are truly willing to put in. You could potentially walk away with nothing of practical, tangible value; then again, you could emerge with  knowledge and power that is far greater than what you had before.
      I'd like to think that Ms. Breeze founded this for an altruistic reason. But, I (probably moreso than many others) know the operating costs, even for the privilege of typing these words right now. What Ms. Breeze does not know, (and how could she?) is that when I have oodles of money, I will fund UMS so that it operates in perpetuity.
       Why? I have great loves in life...books, cats, travel (to understand that no matter how "foreign" a people or culture is, we are all brothers and sisters, and must love one another), and Metaphysics ( to know that there is meaning and purpose for what we do here and now, and that it is a significant  exercise in the vast continuum ).
        Since you are drawn to this place in space and time, and you "really want",  then your path is clear. The very least you will get is to commune with like minded people, though sometimes not agreeable. The most you will get is limited only by your imagination. No one can know what you will do, except YOU!

Peace and Love,
Marty and Sunbathing Cats, Luckylee, Poppyhead, and SissyGirl
jaxemma
Posted 7/28/2008 3:15 PM (#7885 - in reply to #7858)

Marty,
Wonderful answer,
and just like life you get out of it what you want to. Pure and True.
O.k. how about some technical questions about the school?!
Do you work with teachers on a personal level as well, and do teachers grade your coursework?
Do you get a admissions councelor or anything to help you figure out exactly what your passion is?
O.k. There is a few!
Thank you!
mruppert
Posted 7/28/2008 5:02 PM (#7891 - in reply to #7885)

Jaxie, that id that UMS gave to me may imply that I am an active student of UMS. I am not!
I found UMS because our students often mistype USM!!!
I am associated with USM, The University System of Maryland, and I work at UMUC, the University of Maryland University College. Our school, one of thirteen, eleven of which grant degrees, two of which are research institutes, are fully accredited. Our flagship institution, UM-College Park, is known throughout the USA, as we have got the football team and basketball team...the whole nine yards! UMUC, where I am, specializes in distance education. We are an online, 24/7/365 branch of learning. And, we would LOVE to have you as a student. We have open enrollment, you just need to maintain a B or above in your course work, since we do not use SAT, or Millers as an enrollment criteria, unlike our sister institutions, that require a certain score for admission. BUT, and this is a big BUT, you will NOT find the coursework that is offered by UMS. Nor will you find what UMS offers at any traditional university. Duke University used to do it, but they stopped. Why? Because the Board of Trustees did not want the university associated with a bunch of "crazies." Their words, not mine.
     I can tell that you are very thoughtful before making a decision. Perhaps you are a Virgo? Talk with a lady named Tracy Martin, she can tell you the answers to your questions as best as anyone. And, you can place full trust in her words, as she is blatantly honest.
      You have come this far on your path.....don't walk away...explore all that is there...but we all must choose what road we shall go down.

Peace and Love,
Marty and Familiars, Lucky, Poppy and Sissy

jaxemma
Posted 7/28/2008 7:33 PM (#7903 - in reply to #7858)

Thank you Marty,
I am looking up USM right now.
I appreciate your advice. What degree from University of Maryland would be the closest thing to what I am looking for here?
Thanks, I am open to everything!
Jax
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 9:07 AM (#7921 - in reply to #7885)

PhD Alumni

Dear Jaxemma

There is limited direct and personal support from UMS, certainly early on, I found, which i assume(d) is 'cos they are busy, and the courses are quite individually intense ... later on, doing the dissertations, Masters, then Doctoral, there is more inter-relating, that said however, I always got a personal response to any e-mails I sent in, all the way along and always found the staff helpful and friendly, even after completing the full programme(s) ... i remain very grateful to UMS & everyone, and find the Board a nice way to keep some contact.... and it is good value ... I did the programme as a mans of assisting my opening up to the universe (sorry, sounds pompous, not meant to), and it has ...
ps, there is also indvidual feedback on the meditations x
late reply to you as this week has been and remains really busy, so gotta log-off now ! All the best
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/29/2008 9:08 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 10:09 AM (#7923 - in reply to #7921)

PhD Alumni

Sorry Jaxemma; i re-read my response and just needed to refine it a little ... what i meant to say is that you are not allocated a 'personal tutor', early on, - that's how we describe a one to one support/study/admissions tutor here in the UK; however e-mails are always responded to, and as i said, personal feedback is given on the meditations.
jaxemma
Posted 7/29/2008 10:51 AM (#7926 - in reply to #7858)

Thank you Paul for answering!
I have emailed the school directly with some questions and I am waiting for a response and then I will most likely be enrolling.
I have one more crazy question for anyone who wants to answer!
Is their any study of Quantum Physics at this school?
Thank you!
Jax
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 10:54 AM (#7927 - in reply to #7923)

PhD Alumni

Dear Jaxemma - I see you are online ... you can see on another part of the UMS site student mini-biographies , in case you hadn't found that bit yet !
Good choosing !
Paul
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 10:59 AM (#7928 - in reply to #7926)

PhD Alumni

Hmmm ... cannot recall anything directly, except in the Colours & Vibrational Healing courses, I seem to remember references to the findings of modern physics as to how everything is vibration, everything is fundamentally light and thus, totally inter-connected.

I have my couses mostly at work, so cannot check their content for you as i am not there at this second.

You can see the syllabus on the 'courses' part of the site ... , required and elective. If you were interested in Q-p, and the relation to M-p, the Master's, DD and PhD each have self-designed research/thesis elements where you can choose your own topic so long as it is a metaphysical one.
jaxemma
Posted 7/29/2008 12:56 PM (#7939 - in reply to #7928)

Oh nice good to know.
Would you say Quantum Physics could be related to Metaphysics? From the schools perspective, I think they are.
How far along are you in your studies?
What do you plan to do when your finished?
I know I am like interviewing you! I am sorry!
Jax
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 1:06 PM (#7941 - in reply to #7939)

PhD Alumni

Meta-physics is, i feel, totally about Q-p, just from a different viewing point ... referred you to the 'our students' bio's as did not want to go on about me ... but since you ask,
have completed the works - the BMSc, MMSc, DD (Spiritual Counselling), and PhD (Parapsychology & Paranormal Sciences); though I did wrestle at various times with which award 'theme', or 'title' to work towards.

A bit more then [in interview mode now !]: in the UK I am qualified in social work, psychotherapy, university teaching and have an MBA .... I long sought for a doctorate programme and indeed had various offers to do PhDs in subjects ranging from social work, psychotherapy and education ... from traditional universities ... but none had the spiritual underpinnings that I was also seeking ... also, as a self-funding student with a family, finances were tight ... I have been a spiritual seeker for as long as I can remember .... impressively for UMS, and why I felt it was not simply a 'diploma mill' is, I have a body of published works that some PhD programmes here would have accepted for academic credit, indeed one was a PhD by published works .... UMS accepted no prior academic credit, all the units were required (or elective, as the case maybe) ... which was an example i felt of rigour ... and indeed found that doing all the units became something of a spiritual discipline, little bit like a mantra.

Sorry to go on about me, but I was just trying to respond openly to your seeking & searching.

Namaste
Paul
jaxemma
Posted 7/29/2008 1:14 PM (#7942 - in reply to #7858)

Thank you Paul!
I did check out the other students profile, It looks like everyone who goes here goes on to have a profession in their passion.
That is what I want.
I am from the state of Vermont in the U.S.
I have been looking into going to school for the metaphysical for awhile, I had looked into Barbara Brennan, but I didn't want to narrow all my education down to just healing. Do you feel that you still get a hands on experience here even though you don't meet with people for classes? I promise that is my last question and then we may be classmates!!!!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 1:21 PM (#7944 - in reply to #7942)

PhD Alumni

Dear Jaxemma - good question, short answer no, but then I am very long distance !! Only really done through this Board, which can be quite challenging, as I am sure by now you have noticed !!!
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/29/2008 4:29 PM (#7957 - in reply to #7858)

Alumni

The 'hands on' aspect of the program is up to the student. We do have meditations, exercises, projects, for the experiential aspect. Beyond that there is involvement with the Discussion Board, Starlight Journal, Retreats. There are many exercises in the program which you could practice with other people, the courses Leading A Meditation, Hypnosis II, and the light work you might do in the Transforming Personality course may involve other people in your life. Most students report that there is a general natural increase in their interactions with other people as they go through the program

Many of our students are already involved in metaphysical practices of their own, many have already written books, done personal spiritual counseling or divination. Others are looking to become involved in metaphysical practice, such as writing, running a retreat center, speaking. Some find themselves beginning their practices while still working on their degrees. A large portion of our students have found that the courses correspond with their personal journey and are seeking to deepen their own understanding, open up new channels of energy to bring more healing to themselves and their relationships, and to serve others as a light worker and healer.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/30/2008 3:54 AM (#7976 - in reply to #7957)

PhD Alumni

Hello Tracy !
jaxemma
Posted 8/4/2008 3:30 PM (#8503 - in reply to #7976)

Thank you Tracy
for the response!
I am heavily thinking about it.
Can you sign up at any time or do I have to make my decision soon?
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/4/2008 3:41 PM (#8508 - in reply to #7858)

Alumni

Hi Paul!

You can enroll at any time that is convenient for you. Check out the course excerpts on this website and listen to some of Christine's meditations - she has many posted on YouTube. I am also a student, in the Masters level now, and have enjoyed my experience thoroughly. I enrolled for personal growth reasons and have been surprised and delighted with what I have discovered through these courses and meditations.

We live and work in a town that seems to be a vortex of manfesting energy!

Looking back over your questions: There are simple exams. We have a team of three who work on the exams and will dialog with you as well as leave comments on your meditation experiences. This is a blessing! In the very beginning of the School, we rarely answered the exams, now we are able to because students requested more interaction. Also, others on staff are involved with reviewing some of the projects like the Creative Projects, Leading A Meditation, Hypnosis scripts, thesis, dissertations.

We do not have much on Quantum Physics at the moment, but I think we are in agreement with the concepts as presented in "What the Bleep Do We Know."
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/4/2008 10:36 PM (#8532 - in reply to #8508)

PhD Alumni

And everyone there is really great; would love to meet you all one day, somehow !
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/5/2008 3:32 PM (#8577 - in reply to #7858)

Alumni

The thing about the Retreats is that it is a blessing and honor for us to meet students, for all of us to get together. The first time I met students at the Mount Madonna  retreat was overwhelmingly joyful for me! Students of metaphysics and personal transformation are doing such courageous, creative, work. And some of this work is tough! I wish I had a mansion and millions of dollars just to bring you all together for the fun of it!
Rose
Posted 8/5/2008 7:29 PM (#8579 - in reply to #8577)

Student

OKay let's all wish this T, so that we can help to bring this to a reality, perhaps all of our energies will manifest into something really fantastic....it only takes one to rise above and bring all the rest with them.

What a beatiful wish and idea....One I want to keep with me.

Love and Peace to you T....
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/6/2008 4:53 AM (#8609 - in reply to #8577)

PhD Alumni

'In my father's house are many mansions' ... did you see my post the other day about my dream ?!x
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software