University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I really want to go here
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

jaxemma
Posted 8/8/2008 9:22 PM (#8871 - in reply to #7858)
Subject: RE: I really want to go here

How many professors and teachers work here?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Christine Breese
Posted 9/7/2008 10:24 PM (#10062 - in reply to #7858)

UMS

Hey y'all,

I just happened to see this post, don't have time to do the forums much as UMS takes up all my time, but just have to let you know we're starting the mansion so you all can come and be together in person! We have just put a small down payment on a 20 acre property in Grass Valley and will be starting our retreat center there, called Starlight Mountain. We will be having classes, retreats and workshops there all year eventually, but mostly starting next summer of 2009. So we have heard you all in your many emails asking if there is a place you can come and study in person, and now the answer is YES! you can. Almost. We're working on manifesting this by summer 2009.

As for your question about why the tuition is so low for what you get, I have always had a concern for people who don't have a lot of money, and I never want to make UMS out of the reach of regular people who are barely making it from paycheck to paycheck, even though we have to charge just enough to make the expenses. UMS operates like a true non-profit organization that it is because no one is getting rich, not even me, and it was never meant to be a vehicle for riches. It is meant to be a vehicle for healing in this world, and if UMS has any extra money ever, it will use it to launch more ways to help the world, not make people rich, not even me. I didn't have much money when I was going through the healing process in my younger years, and I could barely afford to even buy a book, so i have a real soft spot for those in need.

As for your question about how many teachers are at UMS, there have been between 40-50 writers that put together the courses, and we picked people who specialize or were working in their fields that they wrote on. The amount of staff is about 26 people. We don't have people who are just "teachers" though becuase in order to keep the prices low we all wear all the hats, from being office people to spiritual counselors, so in a way everyone is a teacher but none of us are at the same time. What is required in our staff to work at UMS is a compassionate heart, and even if they are super academic, if the heart isn't open and warm, they don't fit in. Those are the only kind of people who can work at UMS because they will be gentle and loving with our students, and that is my biggest requirement of staff.

Anyway, I hope this answers some of your questions. Try some of our free courses at our website and see how you like them, then you'll know if this is for you. As for whether or not this degree is recognized, it is well recognized in spiritual circles and well respected. However, if you're applying for a job as a rocket scientist at NASA, this degree probably isn't going to help ya! It is only applicable to the audience it is intended for, which are spiritual seekers who are looking for answers about the deeper things in life. To them, this degree rocks!
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/8/2008 6:25 AM (#10071 - in reply to #10062)

PhD Alumni

Hello Christine - I do hope you are feeling better & recovering ... love & appreciations for all your fabulous UMS offerings ...

Paul x
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/8/2008 6:33 AM (#10073 - in reply to #10071)

PhD Alumni

Here's a good place to go (hope the photo comes out!)

(oakmonolith.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments oakmonolith.jpg (9KB - 430 downloads)
Teri
Posted 9/8/2008 11:38 AM (#10076 - in reply to #10073)

Student

Paul Joseph - 9/8/2008 3:33 AM

Here's a good place to go (hope the photo comes out!)

Where exactly is that located? I would love to go see it!!
searching
Posted 9/8/2008 1:34 PM (#10079 - in reply to #10062)

Regular

I just have to say this was a beautiful response. Not very often do you find someone who is “truly” concerned about others over their concern for riches.
Blessings
Jerry
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/8/2008 4:32 PM (#10083 - in reply to #10076)

PhD Alumni

The picture is from Hampstead Heath in London, Teri; check back on a thread, Astral Meditation London, for its background - that thread changed a bit as it went on (not least 'cos of Christine's accident became a healing circle) - but I posted some other pictures there too... do please let me know if you cannot locate - so glad you liked this one x

Sacred Groves 'n all

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/8/2008 4:32 PM
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 1/16/2009 12:24 PM (#13158 - in reply to #7858)

Student

Don't worry about it. If you feel drawn to this University, "surrender, and be carried." Just do it, you'll love it. I have been enrolled since last March 2008. I have completed about 24 courses. Its about the process for me. Over all experience has been great. Can't wait to meet the staff and Christina Breese sometime in "the future." I made the right choice just based on my inner feeling that it was the right place. Just trust that inner feeling.
Paul Joseph
Posted 1/17/2009 12:42 PM (#13179 - in reply to #13158)

PhD Alumni

I agree with you: Absolute-ly - hello, by the way !
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 1/23/2009 12:36 PM (#13360 - in reply to #7942)

Student

Hi Jaxemma,

I have a bachelors degree and masters degree from secular institutions. For me the process just separated me from myself. I am completely enjoying my courses at UMS. I am finding the meditations outstanding. Especially, lately, the ones on manifesting, and angels, and others took me completely by suprise. I listen to them all the time. I have found them incredible to listen to. Actually, for me they are life changing. They spiritually and in real time are quite transformative. USM lets me be myself.
And I already am thinking of ideas for my masters thesis and for the two doctorates, PhD and DD. I don't feel smothered or closed in by policies and I am being myself, not being sepatated from myself by the process. I just submitted my bachelors creative project (quite experiential and very "present moment"). If you are interested in metaphysics, UMS really fills in the gaps, just as they say. Like Christine Breese says, I find that this program "rocks!"

Peace within,

Robert

Edited by Absolute Sovereigncy 1/23/2009 12:42 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software