University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Unsupervised Energy Work? Questions!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Rose
Posted 8/25/2008 11:22 PM (#9741 - in reply to #9551)
Subject: RE: Unsupervised Energy Work? Questions!

Student

This is funny Jill! I like your bumper sticker qoutes.

Love and Peace to you...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/26/2008 8:31 AM (#9748 - in reply to #9735)

PhD Alumni

Whenever I feel the urge to say, 'I see stupid people', I have to remember to lay aside the mirror, then look again.
Louise
Posted 8/26/2008 5:09 PM (#9751 - in reply to #9748)

UMS Student

I think 'I see stupid people'is a great line - I'd love to wear it on a tee-shirt as it makes me chuckle and smile every time I think of it. I like to think of myself as stupid - so what's the opposite of stupid? I like to think I can be that too. We can't have one without the other - but that raises a debate about duality - you can't have light without dark, you can't know God unless you have been separated - I've been reading a bit of ACIM and it appears to do away with the theme of duality - which knocks on Neale-Donald Walsch's conversations with God. The idea being (I think) is that if you have light, you do away with darkness completely and the concept of opposites, and a harmonious balance in the middle, is a concept generated by the ego - and so perfect love, oneness, non duality IS - I can understand the concept, I'm just not in a place where I can experience it and therefore know through experience not my mind - I'm far more comfortable with duality at the moment and aim for a harmonious balance of my light and dark nature. Maybe if I contine with ACIM, this might change

So..for now, I see stupid people!
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/27/2008 4:12 AM (#9757 - in reply to #9751)

PhD Alumni

Not sure what ACIM is Louise ?

I often think of the line, 'the foolishness of God exceeds the wisdom of men'.

I'm not wholly sure that if everything is full of light there is no darkness; perhaps its the paradox of the world. According to some spiritual perspectives the world as it is is imperfect - but is it ? Equally the world may be just as it needs to be for our Work (the sacred work of the Self) to complete itself. Then again, does 'the world' exist beyond our interpretation of it ?

We may be in a dualistic world in order for us to learn non-duality. Which may all be the same thing anyway !!

(ps, whatever is the case, its nice of you to have come back, too !!)

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/27/2008 4:13 AM
Louise
Posted 8/27/2008 6:06 AM (#9758 - in reply to #9757)

UMS Student

sorry Paul - A Course In Miracles..

interesting quote about the foolishness of God - I'll cogitate. I think I can cope with the idea of perfectly imperfect..anything beyond that my brain starts to smoke )

Thanks for the welcome - I come and go in spurts - doing anything routine or regular is not my thing, I have to exercise my free will and withdraw and then return with full enthusiasm ) - but hey can't promise anything..
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/27/2008 7:50 AM (#9759 - in reply to #9758)

PhD Alumni

Ah thanks - should have known the ACIM - my foolishness ! ... that quote btw comes from St Paul in 1 Corinthians 3: 18/19 'If you think you are wise in this age, you should become fools so that you become wise. For the wisdom of of this world is foolishness with God'. Whilst I am not a huge fan of St Paul, he did come out with some good stuff ... ! Well I think so ...(eg also, 1 Corinthians 13)

And no worries about coming and going - no pressure !

Blessings
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software