University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wheres the funand laughter
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 7/25/2008 10:55 AM (#7703)
Subject: wheres the funand laughter

Elite Veteran

hi all,i,m wondering where all the fun and laughter has gone,or even new post subjects,that we can all join in,has anyone got any ideas.Maybe we could start a story,which may end in a book,made up of everyones adding a portion at a time,you know the game,i.e,I was walking through the woods one day,the rain was falling,and i came upon a stranger.....next to write,carrying on theme,etc,just an idea,so we can bring laughter,the best form of medicine,into our lives,which at the moment seems stressful for all,i also notice not just on here people having stressful times,but also people family around me,feling a sort of malaise(is that spelt wrong,no worries)but by doing something as the above,just one sugestion,we could create some laughter,i will await eagerly for any reaction,well maybe not eagerly,sort of just wait,ok,thats it,in its simplicity,any takers,luv irisxxx
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 11:06 AM (#7704 - in reply to #7703)
Subject: RE: wheres the funand laughter

PhD Alumni

Forshame Professor Sunflowerpetalrosebud - hast thou not been followingest thee me meanderings on the Board ...? Not every one a jolly jape to tickle thy funny bone, mesuspects, so to speak, (except I thought my one about a new name for God was almost on the funny side), but I myself, personally, to to speak and I am saying it who perhaps shuoldn't, but i have been out there, by out there, i mean, in here, burrowing, scurrying away to keep the homefires burning as we have regrouped and recovered our composures and energy fields after the exertions of keeping the Board afloat ? No ? Aargh, then me-fears that all me efforts have been wasted, lost, tossed on the stormy seas like that olde flotsam and jetsom of which we bitterly spoke in tears of joy and sadness all those yearas, i mean, days, not mean-days you udnerstand, but I mean, days ago, or in a daze ago, or in a haze ago, Heaven knows, i don;t - but give a poor olde knight from the East a break; desperately trying to please, the bees,

Fare thee well until we have chance to speak again in this random, strange universe some call home .. x

Pooh et al (& hugs)
stillness
Posted 7/25/2008 11:11 AM (#7706 - in reply to #7703)

Student

Well, shiver me timbers, Jack me lad, I feel a Pirate tale a floating this way...?

x

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 11:13 AM (#7708 - in reply to #7706)

PhD Alumni

now then now then - then check out the new post on the Poetry thread .... Namaste, travellers all
sunflower
Posted 7/25/2008 11:31 AM (#7711 - in reply to #7706)

Elite Veteran

hi paul and all,stillness,i have just noticed that you are in the u.k.,can i ask,without intending to be cheeky,whereabouts,i am in wales,are you near here,don,t have to answer of course,just wondered how far apart,us fron u.k where.Paulo,i have seen some of your posts,and i know you have a great sense of humour,some of which i don,t understand,simply cos you use big words,and quotes,i,ve never heard of,(not a criticsm,ah got that right,i,m sure i did)therefore can not join in,as i woudn,t know what i was talking about,which is a natural state for me,i like to keep things light,i love humour,laughing,i have just been through the poetry posts.love them,some so poiniont(teach me to spell)touching,meaninful.Okay,i,ll wait awhile afore i go,see if anyone out there has some ideas,that can include all,it was just a suggestion me dear!!!!,luv,irisxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 11:39 AM (#7712 - in reply to #7711)

PhD Alumni

Poignant, I think ? Glad you thought so and that you liked the poems .... as my old English teacher used to say, 'all the best songs - or tunes - are sad'. Mr Davy he was, and very excellent ..

.. back to the question ... what was it ?

Ideas ? About big words? I'll try to make them shorter. It's something I cannot help, sorry. You must always ask, please, as it is my opacity (opaque= hard to see through, as in, now we see through a glass darkly, then we shall see face to face), not any reflection on you .... blessings xx
sunflower
Posted 7/25/2008 11:54 AM (#7713 - in reply to #7712)

Elite Veteran

oh ,my giddy aunt,its like trying to get blood out of a stone,whats the point in trying to keep the board on,when no one adds to it,etc,hey paul,afore i go,ever so often can you please,please,put just one big word on this thread,like opaque-see through,,but just the big word,soi can get my brain cells working,and see if i know what it means,you could be my metaphorical spelling teacher,will you,will you.....
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 12:06 PM (#7714 - in reply to #7713)

PhD Alumni

Sure me wee sunfllowerbabepetalrosebud that would not be the Philosopher's Stone, goal of the Alchemists, that ye're trying to get blood out of would it now be ?

'Cos if so, that would be drops of the pure liquid gold of enlightened transcendence that ye'd be seeking, as we all are here ...!

Xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 12:09 PM (#7715 - in reply to #7713)

PhD Alumni

And very happy to do any metaphorical or otherwise spelling tuition, though you spelt that perfectly ... also, spelling clearly goes out of the window, under the bridge and down the great river of life when we are in the scorching heat of creative energy posting ... for all of us ! So i shouldnt' worry abot it if I were you !! x
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 12:29 PM (#7716 - in reply to #7715)

PhD Alumni

Not sure if this is wholly relevant for this thread, but if not, let me know ... just some lovely words in The Little Prince by Antoine Sainte-Exupery, spoken by his Fox, kind of about friendship ... this extract & comment is from Wikipedia ..

- Though ostensibly a children's book, The Little Prince makes several profound and idealistic points about life and human nature. Saint Exupéry tells of meeting a young extraterrestrial (though entirely human-appearing and non-fictional) prince in the middle of the Sahara. In their conversations, the author reveals his own views about the follies of mankind and the simple truths that people seem to forget as they grow older. The essence of the book is contained in the famous line uttered by the fox to the Little Prince: "On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (One can't see well except with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes). There are also two other main points in the book, both spoken by the fox. They are: "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed" and "It is the time you have spent with your rose that makes your rose so important."

Throughout the book, a child's view of the world, of the purpose of human life and of relations between people, (as represented by the Little Prince and partially by the narrator), is set off against the grown-ups' view (as revealed in memories of the narrator and in characters that the Little Prince meets on asteroids). But the author underscores that the "'grown-ups' are like that. One must not hold it against them. Children should always show great forbearance toward grown-up people -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

From me (Paul): this is a lovely book for those who have not yet encountered it, truly metaphysical, and accessible. the Fox teaches the Prince how to 'tame' him, how to 'befriend' him and thus each become special to each other ... I have a humongously busy week next week so will not be able to post much, I fear, so I shall leave you with the above for now, and look for my special friends as soon as i can get back from the asteroids of unreality & illusion ...

Namaste x
-
sunflower
Posted 7/25/2008 3:47 PM (#7717 - in reply to #7716)

Elite Veteran

why! about the fox and the prince etc,showing respect etc,i do like etc,its easy to type,and i can spell it.Well paulo,i will be humum,(hang on just checking your spelling) humongously sorry to not have the pleasure of your presence,but i will contain my sorrow,and weep in silence.Seriously,as i know you are sensitive,and can take things the wrong way,i loved the story(didn,t understand it)but what i did understand,(was going to laugh then,but remembered i must be respectful to my elders)not laugh at you,but with you,cos you bring out that little imp in me sometimes,blessed be,respectfully,i am sorry u have loads of work on,(are you sure your not doing a moonlight flit to starlight) and i ask you take care,not work too hard,and you will be welcomed back by all of me here at ums,may love and light be yours,irisxxx
mruppert
Posted 7/26/2008 12:26 AM (#7728 - in reply to #7703)

Suuuuuunnnnnyyyyy.....
     The Trace Housemartin all ready tried this.....and her story was quite good. She just recently added to her vein of it....I went in another direction, many posts ago.....but only to make people read her words and try to continue the story, as she requested in her original posting ( she was doing her creative writing project ).
       If you care to, start right now, and I will add to your story....but you must bear in mind, that we all are very different people and that we are very much the same people. Though our words diverge, our final destination, our "denouement" (look it up, kiddo) IS THE SAME!

Peace n' Hugs,
Mr. Muppet and Cuddly Cats, Lucky, Poopy, and Sissssssy

sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 5:20 AM (#7734 - in reply to #7728)

Elite Veteran

Muuuuuuuuppppet,Kiddo,hah....,i am but a mere child,its my body thats old and crusty.I didn,t know tracey had started what you said she started,(i love tracey,honestly)she is the most warmest,sincerest,caring soul.i have had the pleasure of meetingx. I will go through the posts,and look for it,and hopefully it can be carried on,i will certainly add to it,so you see it was just a suggestion that fleetingly came to mind,cos i miss the warmth and banter hereabouts.Yes,whatever you said,i will bear that in mind(lordy lordy,you sound like my english teacher)many eons ago,well not that many eons,sort of like a few.Gosh you are so authoritive,e,g.(YOU MUST BEAR IN MIND) i do i do,i have i have,i will i will,(maybe),okay,for now i will have to go,but,oh!by the way,loved your song,i,ve got some i,d like to add,at a later date,you,ll know them cos theyre old,with respect mr muppet,i admire you,irisxx
Chotuni
Posted 7/26/2008 7:15 AM (#7735 - in reply to #7703)

Regular

hi everyone, "where's all the fun and laughter gone?". seems to me there's plenty about. I've been offline for a while and come backand the sites moving and there are people living in the woods and speaking in tongues and poems flying about and lines of books sitting in the branches. WOW! I feel I have fallen down a rabbit hole!.
sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 7:48 AM (#7736 - in reply to #7735)

Elite Veteran

AHHH,chotuni,where have you been,its been a long time since we,ve heard from you.If i recall,you went away for a few weeks,somewhere,and never returned,i remember briefy thinking(cos i think a lot)i hope all is well.Its nice to hear from old friends,and that is the beauty of this site,people come and go,so quickly,yet some never return.Anyway,if you have been reading events,you may know what is going on,but,its confusing,welli,get cofused.So much has happened,if i may be so bold,where HAVE you been all this time.love and hugs,irisxxx
Chotuni
Posted 7/26/2008 7:54 AM (#7737 - in reply to #7736)

Regular

Hi Sunflower, It's nice to be remembered, thank you. Yes I did go away supposedly just for two or three weeks, but something happened and it's a long story and I don't want to bring the mood down . I will send you a p.m and explain all. You can also give me all the goss.
sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 8:23 AM (#7741 - in reply to #7737)

Elite Veteran

oh chotuni,i am sorry,now i feel genuinely awful,thats the problem with life,we never know what is round the corner,please accept my apologies.Yes,there is loads of goss,well if i don,t get confused,haha,i will look out for your p.m,and listen with love and kindness,you have a lot to give,like so many others,this is one big family,as in all families,we take care of our own,with love and hugs,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/26/2008 8:47 AM (#7742 - in reply to #7735)

PhD Alumni

Great for you to be back, Dear C - the site was moving, but through humongous labours, much gnashing and wailing of teeth, the Board remains afloat, surfing as strong as ever, though still with the odd creak in the bow waves.... heading for the stratosphere next --- do read back when you have time, the epic saga must make agod read ...

ye olde poor knight & shipmate from the East, pooh bee & odd creaker xx
sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 3:03 PM (#7783 - in reply to #7737)

Elite Veteran

hi chotuni,love the meaning,true spirit at last.What has happenned is a travesty,i,m enlighted,and filled with joy that AT LAST,one can see,what others try to make invisible,a cloak of darkness.What has hapened to you,was inevitable,but as i warned,those who play with fire,will get burned,you know what i mean,i sincerely hope your journey of discovery,and truth,willsoon be revealed to those who deservedly needed it,i will be on hand,to be witness,love and light to you my friend,spirit should NEVER be abused,and used to line the pocket of the devil.true loving and hugs,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/26/2008 3:30 PM (#7786 - in reply to #7703)

PhD Alumni

Clearly a missing link here. So, responding to my intuition, so as at least to be respectful to the communicants herein, and advance apologies ...

We enter in darkness, and within darkness.

We leave in darkness, and out of darkness.

And light, follows our shadows.

Into ourselves

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/26/2008 3:31 PM
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 5:47 AM (#7830 - in reply to #7742)

Regular

hi, P.J, so nice to be remembered by so many, I am sure the reading will be good and I will try to get up to speed as soon as posssible. Great to be back and a big hello to all on site.
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 5:51 AM (#7831 - in reply to #7783)

Regular

Hi Sun flower, I can't believe he said that and got away with it and do you really think she does?
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 5:52 AM (#7832 - in reply to #7831)

Regular

whoops, not used to this any more, a bit rusty, will go back to p.m
sunflower
Posted 7/27/2008 7:10 AM (#7837 - in reply to #7832)

Elite Veteran

hi chotuni,i have tried sending you a few pm,s,i realise it is difficult,when you are away so long,to get in the swing of things(not being patronising)as i am rubbish at working this machine myself,but do bear in mind,that this is a public site,and what you speak of,is not suitable,for your own sake,to be in the public domain,unless of course you wish it to be,sory if i assume,and you wish it to be so,i know myself,how hurtful it is,when people of false claims,try to help,and you disclose all,only to find they re not who they seemto be,it has happened to me,and i was not just hurt,but very angryBeleive you are among friends,who can and will help,i will try to get back to you,but please,to lighten your burden,read the first thread,and please join in,with the humour that is sent from the divine,spirit like us to lauugh and smile,and not be in a dark place for too long,but,as you have staed,you are on the mend,therefore,i think for you,laughter would definately be th best medicine.Please reply,as i will wonder if i may have said the wrong thing,and stepped out of line,but i wil know,love nd hugs,irisxxx
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 7:19 AM (#7838 - in reply to #7837)

Regular

Dear Sunflower, I m confident my confidences are safe with you and at the present time that is the way  would like it to stay I am sure ou understand, I am sorry to hear you have been betrayed in the past and yes I do feel amongst friends here, I am sure you areright and that aughter is the best medicine and I will make sure to get m presciption filled as soon as posssible. thanks for the wise and knd words.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software