University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how do others see the afterlife
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 3:02 AM (#7651)
Subject: how do others see the afterlife

Elite Veteran

hi all,i was wondering,how others,see,perceive,the afterlife.For instanse,when it is my time to leave this earthplane,i imagine i will go through a tunnel,with a light at the end,and see people i know waiting for me.I then envisage being put to rest awhile,to get over the trauma of actual dying from whatever disease etc,and to climatize myself.I feel i will be looked after by kind souls,nurses,sort of,like on this earthplane,till i recover from the journey i have been through,here.When rested sufficiently,and get my bearings,depending what lessons i have learnt on the earthplane,i beleive that ,as to me,there are seven halls of learning,i shall go to the level intended for me.From thereon,in whichever hall ,level i am on,i will continue to learn,but different lessons from the earthplane,more of getting closer to the oneness,the divine,a bit like kindergarden,primary school,secondary school,university,or maybe at that stage,doing a job,the job,intended for me,a mirror of what we go through here,but with more understanding.I feel,in the first instance,if i beleive ,think,i will be living in a cosy cottage,with all my past deceased relatives living there,having fun,doing all the things i did on earth,but without the fear,worry,just plain unadulterated love and peace,that will be so.Then atime will come,when i trancend that earthly memory,and get down to work in one of the hall.If i wanted to learn music say,i would go to the classrom where such is taught,and so on.There will come a time when i will be spirit complete,i.e.not needing the clothes,bangles and beads,that make us recognise our relatives,when on this earth,that make us recognise them when we first arrive.It will all be spirit,thought communication,insatntly understood,free to roam,fly,whatever.Some jobs,work,will be for spirits to greet all newcomers,asist them,etc,and so on.Am i making sense here,and putting it across properly.I,ll stop for now,and see what others think,as i know what i mean in my mind,some may say we will make our own heaven,i think this is so,for a while,until we reach our ultimate purpose,love and hugs irisxxx
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 4:11 AM (#7658 - in reply to #7651)
Subject: RE: how do others see the afterlife

PhD Alumni

Nice to hear from you Suinflower ... soooooooooooooo busy today I cannot respond as fully as I wish ... but I kind of feel a similar way to you about this ... can I come back lagter longer, maybe ... sometims though, I just feel it is the Greatest Mystery, preceded by the Great White Light ... then, who knows ? xx Hugs
Pooh, White Knight, Yusuf, Paul, Issa, etc etc xxxxx
sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 6:24 AM (#7659 - in reply to #7658)

Elite Veteran

hi,pooh pooh,nice to be here,there,whats "can i come back lagter"hahaha,yes,i find this an interesting subject.Everyone has theirown ideas,thoughts,about what happens after we die,but obviously,no one can tell for sure,till their dead,only by speculation,reading,etc,from bye for now,bye for nowothers opinions,or in some authours case,(deliberate spelling mistake there for book writer,not really,can,t spell it)what they say is fact,in other words,they know,but i find that impossible,for the above reasons.I,ve seen the film,what dreams may come,and that sounds plausible,but it was someones thoughts on it,mind you,i have found,that sometimes,science fiction,is closer to reality,than we realize.Okay,won,t keep you,bye for now,and hopefully speak later,love and hugs irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 8:13 AM (#7666 - in reply to #7659)

PhD Alumni

'come back lagter' is , coming back with laughter, lighter, with lager ... and, as now laTer ,,, a rushed typo ...

I agree with your reflective ruminations here ... perhaps also there is a 'pre-life', and it is all cyclical, so we can come and go, choosing what might be right for our soul to grow, devlop, enveloping into the G-dhead that we are already in ...

The Kingdom of Heaven is all Around you (us) ... and yet, the Kingdom .. is also within us ....

what happens in-between is intriguing ...
searching
Posted 7/24/2008 3:05 PM (#7677 - in reply to #7651)

Regular

Hello sunflower, paul and all. This is a question that can cause anger amongst many people I know. It seems the people in the church I went to believe we will stand in heaven before God (the humanized version of course) and spend most of our time worshiping him. Doesn’t sound like a lot of fun to me. One I will have to have legs to stand, which means walking every where. But with out this human body many can not hold to their personality. That creates fear. As for me I look forward to seeing the ends of the universe. Seeing all life that exist and looking at life from a divine perspective.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 3:21 PM (#7678 - in reply to #7677)

PhD Alumni

Lovely response, if I may say, dear Searching ... me-suspects you are already seeing with the wings of angels, if wings can see ...

........ and angels' wings can do anything !

X

Namaste
searching
Posted 7/24/2008 3:33 PM (#7685 - in reply to #7678)

Regular

thank you for that reply my friend.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 3:36 PM (#7687 - in reply to #7685)

PhD Alumni

... then it is good, howbeit so rare, to find a friend ! x thank you
Supernatural3
Posted 7/24/2008 4:11 PM (#7689 - in reply to #7651)

PhD Alumni

I see the afterlife as a continuence of who we really are. I consider it to be intelligent, more than we can comprehend. I feel there is enough space for us all to each have our own unique universe, where we write our own rules. After all.... WE ARE GOD!

That is how I see it anyway.

sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 6:14 PM (#7691 - in reply to #7677)

Elite Veteran

hi,searching,i think you are such a sweet soul,and have travelled the furthest journey,out of all of us.I remember when you first came on,and stepped in qietly,gently.I think we get a lot of our thoughts,ideas,perceptions,from when we were at school,at a young age,i,e,there is heaven,and there is hell,end of,and you will go to one or the other,and we in our innocence,beleived all,as they were the teachers,they knew all.Then it is carried on later in youth,by our parents,who decide for us,whether we go to church,become christians,or roman catholic,if that is their belef,and so on.As for without the human body,we can not hold on to our personality,we,our soul,spirt,our personality,the light that shines within us all,who makes us who,and how we are,etc,that,our personality does not need the human form to survive,the human form,is just a shell,a home for the spirit to carry out its work on this earth,when we die,all that is left of the human body,is a shell,as our spirit has departed,along with whom we are,our personaly,spirit,survives.Okay,searching,thats my view,i admire you,and hope to hear more from you,you have much to teach us all,sorry,i have to go now,as it is late here,but i hope to speak to you soon,night night,love and hugs,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 3:20 AM (#7693 - in reply to #7691)

PhD Alumni

Vibrating on similar wavelengths here, thanx ...
instinctual
Posted 7/27/2008 12:09 PM (#7842 - in reply to #7651)

PhD Alumni

The experience that I shared with a patient my first year of nursing at Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut has defined my views on afterlife ( or at least how we arrive there ).

Mrs. G - a salty old Irish woman with a really lovely brogue had Myasthenia Gravis which is a progressively degenerative muscular disease affecting the respiratory system. She had been my patient all week. She was generally a really pissed off woman, hardly any visitors, really snippy and mean spirited! Understandably so. She had an inside as mushy as oatmeal, of course! We had just finished her medications and bathing and all that business. I left her to tend to other patients. Memory tells me it was no longer than 30 minutes later, an intern went into assess her, and she was without a pulse or respirations. Uh, she was dead, folks. He called my name down the hallway and shouted "Call a Code"! I double checked her chart, and she was indeed to be recuscitated, as was indicated not by her, but by her conservator, as she was deemed unable to make her own decisions. ( maybe that portion belongs in another thread about ethics, patient wishes and medicine ) The code team arrived and we worked on her for an hour. Some of the code team made comments while she was being paddled with joules into her chest that we should get maintenance in this room to check on the air conditioning system because it would be freeeeeeeezing, then really warm in the room.(hmmm) She was revived and we transported her to the intensive care unit. 4 days later, we received her back to my unit. I was assigned to her. With wit, I said Welcome Back! She reached over to her table, picked up a hair brush and with breathtaking accuracy hit me hard and square between the eyes with it! She told me that she is so angry that I did not allow her to die. It was the most beautiful and peaceful "place" she has ever seen. She spoke of the white light, she was half way up the tunnel and she was pulled back. She went on to explain that she hovered over the whole event and was trying to distract us with changing the temperatures in the hopes that we would either make a mistake or just give up trying!! She then told me she hopes I rot in the bowels of hell! I always smile when I think of Mrs. G, and how much she shaped me and taught me that day.
jaxemma
Posted 7/27/2008 10:47 PM (#7857 - in reply to #7691)

hello!
I am new here, i am thinking of going to UMS.
Your response to the afterlife is exactly how I see it also. I don't see death, I see graduation!
mruppert
Posted 7/28/2008 4:31 AM (#7875 - in reply to #7651)

As I have oft times said;
All time exists,
All time exists at all times;
All of time exists everywhere.
...just being quantum and not Einsteinian, who was dead wrong!
sunflower
Posted 7/28/2008 6:00 AM (#7876 - in reply to #7875)

Elite Veteran

intersting,muppet,many so called great philosephers were proved wrong,many scientists,after many years were found wrong,in fact so many wrong things,all the opinions of someone else,put into a nice looking,lovely colour,binding book,there fore it is(not)....not,just as many who CLAIM,not,OPINION,they are right,their way is the only way etc,but being so proffessional,and well read about subject,which anyone could find in a cheap bookstore,therfore rendering the proffesional,just not well read,but read well,and make amazing amounts of money,from using practices which in the wrong hands,under the wrong guidance,very dangerous,and immoral.We all have our opinions,we all have thoughts on what is to be,we all have imagination,which can sometimes run freely,but most don,t use that human thought,instinct,to make millions,this thread was about thought,imagination,how did the chicken cross the road,until i,m dead,i may have thoughts,imaginations,i may well have had a book,teling me whar REALLY does happen,good for firewood.I beleive in what i see with my own eyes,experience with my own body mind,if i have seen proof,that cannot be denied,by my ownself,that is my truth.
mruppert
Posted 7/28/2008 1:30 PM (#7881 - in reply to #7651)

G'day Sunny,
     Don't be to quick to toss them on the hob!
     Many civilizations suppressed, defiled, and obliterated the written word.
      Visible evidence is easily viewable, as when the Nazi's burned the books that they found objectionable. But, that was not enough.....they burned the authors, and that was not enough...they burned the people who read the books...and that was not enough....they burned the people who thought ideas that might be in those books....and that was not enough...they burned those who might think the ideas that were in those books.....and that was still not enough!
      The fall of Nazi Germany was inevitable, caused by the first man who tossed the first book into the flames. It was over then, but they didn't, couldn't know that since they had burned the very books that foretold their dome and destruction.
       Ya see, Sunny, it is by reading what is "totally and completely wrong", that we get a sense of what is right. It is by reading what is "totally and completely right", that we get a sense that there is more to the story. And, this is why right and wrong constantly change.
       Hope you have a gurt lush day,

Peace n' Love,
Muppet and Puppets, Lucky, Poppy and ze ZizzyGurl

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 8:50 AM (#7919 - in reply to #7881)

PhD Alumni

Number of different themes here; where to begin (maybe link with another post I noticed but cannot now see in the sort time I have, on bombing in relation to Nazi Germany, then onto more positive themes perhaps ? ..):

Can we say that anything is 'inevitable' let alone the fall of Nazism (which actually is till alive today, viz., certain European Jews, and others, forcible evicted from property, confiscated by the oppressors - first the Nazis, then the Communists, since the fall of Communism, the governments of the day refusing to hand ownership back to those Jews surviving - and similar statements could be applied to Palestine and Israel, etc and many other lands ..), equally, if all of time is Now, nothing of yesterday remaining, all of tomorrow yet to be, thus nothing, surely, is 'inevitable'. It did not look inevitable to the isolated island of Britain after the complete takeover of mainland Europe by Nazis, before the USA entered the Second World War ... ?

... and it was Gandhi who acknowledged that his methods of non-violent, passive resistance, would not have succeeded against Hitler, who had no respect for human life ...

... the Holocaust survivors that I know all express anguish that the British did not bomb the concentration camps, even if that meant killing inmates, as it would have ceased the future suffering of future inmates through the gas & torture chambers, etc ...

... yet again, if we see the world as illusion and do not fear death, we presumably see something other than death as the thing to be avoided ... what is our highest value ? Is it life, is it belief, is it the freedom we have to believe? Is it consciousness ? What else might it be ? (questions, not answers here): We will follow our highest good, whatever we feel that to be ... conversely, presumably, we might feel that in following our highest good, we might have to sacrifice, or give up, those things oppose or would prevent us following or highest good ... ?

... as for books, booking burning, their uses and respect for them, this has been posted on recently before, where I said that one of the first steps of any totalitarian regime is to burn books. Books are endowed to us by past generations - as indeed is the earth - with wisdom, or no, to take or leave, or no ... that is our choice, and yes, some people are 'book people' and can enjoy them, some not. The important thing, not to sound patronising, is to respect each other

... and resonations Lori, the white light is such a common theme, including the Tibetan Book of the Dead (and I think it is a signifier of something more than the flickering away of consciousness as some brain chemists seem to think!)

and welcome, Jaxemma !

Namaste

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/29/2008 8:54 AM
Chotuni
Posted 7/30/2008 8:12 AM (#8001 - in reply to #7651)

Regular

A long time in the future hopefully
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software