University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Chymical Wedding
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 7/21/2008 10:31 PM (#7540)
Subject: The Chymical Wedding

We left Tucson heading for Kali, ostensibly to attend a healers convention. Paranoia was at an all time high level, as my pharmacist, whom I always travelled with at that time, was hasseled unmercifully in Tucson, even though he was not Mexican.
It didn't help when he showed his credentials that clearly indicated that he was from South America, and a trained, degreed, licensed, registered, and certified doctor of Chemistry and Pharmacology. The only thing that saved him was another credential, a .357 magnum, shiney silver.....but since it was in the trunk of the car (in Tucson heat) when he grabbed it he dropped it on his foot, as it had acheived meltdown temperature.
    However, the mere sight of a very powerful handgun caused the Nazi element hounding us to reconsider their strategy of repression, and hence, beat a hasty retreat, for fear that he would grab a wet towel and pick the damn thing up. Where the wet towel would have come from is a matter of conjecture.
     We thought we were properly outfitted for a trip across desolate Amerika. But, we did learn a few things.
     The biggest lesson was Do Not Keep Your Cases of Tequila in the Trunk! My nervous condition at a raw edge, we decided to have a little calm-down drink. The temperature of the tequila gave a new and poignant meaning to "agua-diente". I shared the experience of my American Indian brothers when they speak of fire water.
      Also, do not cross massive expanses of the nation in a Montero Red with Landau top 1966 Pontiac GTO. The pig drinks gas like Irishmen drinking whiskey at James Joyce's wake.
      Further, do not ingest substances which cause you to see more imaginary things than you might all ready see on the flatness of a desert highway, in seering heat.
      I, and my Pharmacist knew none of this, for only with experience comes wisdom.
      On a perfectly straight highway, we managed to get lost. We drove endlessly, mile for mile. We were playing tunes and a song came up that said "Signs, Signs, everywhere are signs, do this don't do that, can't you read the signs?" We couldn't for two very basic reasons.....number one was that we were not able to read at this point in the trip. Number two was that there weren't any signs. Maybe this was the land of the free! If it was, the free can have it!!
       With a very desperate determination, I cranked the Goat up to maximum power. I could feel the 390 horsepower engine roar. I could feel all 6.5 litre displacement displacing. The dual carbs where whining in the hot, thin air, making that sucking noise, unique to GTO's, a true muscle car. I have always hated yuppies and pimps in their Beamers and Escalades...hiphoppers can have their little bling symbols....my car had the raw power of teams of horses that brought pioneers into a brave new world.     
     THEN, in the distance, I saw what I thought to be an ancient statute. A goddess. I began to decelerate, hoping to catch a glimpse and maybe take a quick Polaroid of this shrine to everlasting beauty. As I approached, cautiously, I hit the brakes hard. My Pharmacist awoke from his stupor and decided to slam his head into the dashboard, perhaps to celebrate the fact that he was still alive having left behind the relentless pursuit of the dogs of war.
         His initial words were "What the f%$k" but I bade him to be silent as I was in the throes of a charismatic experience.
       My statue, my goddess, took on a life form and moved towards the car. She was blond, with a pony tail, and one of those triangular things that girls used to wear, on her head. But, she had it tied in such a way that her pony tail stuck out at a very provocative angle. She had eyes that were so blue, that I could have drank deeply from them, and satisfied my thirst for all of time.
       And then she spoke, not in my language, but in a music of harps and lyres...and asked us "Hey, are you as@h^les heading to California, I need to get to Venice."
       The visions of canals and gondoliers immediatley flooded my mind. That ancient city which you see and die. I quickly pointed out that the Goat did not have wings and there was no way that I could drive to Italy, but my Pharmacist, now in posession of one or two of his six senses sharply upbraided me...stating point blank that there was, indeed, a Venice in Kali; and that I should not be such an ignorant peasant, and should invite the lady out of one kind of heat into another kind of heat.
      And so, that is what we did.
      Off we went on the road to Kali and canal boats and healers gone berserk.
       Our story continues, but not right now....but did the Ragdoll lady actually breed alien blood into her cats? Did the motel send vampire hookers to our room? Did I see the Virgin Mary in Santa Clara? Did traffic actually stop for ME, just ME on the Great America Highway? Do I know the way to San Jose? Not to mention the fate of a South American pharmacist, who by the way, had a verrry thick German accent. What was his secret????

Peace, my mystical friends, as the Roman Empire comes to its last day, it is time to let it all hang out......

Marty and Terrestrial Cats, Lucky, Popp, and Siss...I believe the Tipster, my Ragdoll kittykat, has gone back to her home planet.....where they never grow old and never die.      
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rose
Posted 7/21/2008 10:39 PM (#7541 - in reply to #7540)
Subject: RE: The Chymical Wedding

Student

Nice edge...beautiful soft fluid imagery always slightly cut by this edge of hard reality. I found this to be a good read.

mruppert
Posted 7/21/2008 11:08 PM (#7543 - in reply to #7540)

All of it true...at least what I can remember, as we were in some very heavy times in this country....that is why I REALLY like disco music....a time when people  would just dance the night away............one of my best jobs was dj at the "Sundown" at 1/2 and O Streets, SE in Washington, DC, a "gay" dance club.....those dudes could dance, and they tipped really well! And, the beer was only 25 cents during happy hour. Yeah, I had to pay just like everybody else....but, I got a lot of freebies if I would play a certain song for a certain couple.....nice people!!!
When the club closed, on the final night, I played one song, that I had played only on special occassions, and brought the house down! I think when this board goes, the lyrics will be my final post. Rosey, can you guess what it is?

Peace and Dancing,
Marty and DiscoCats, Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl
More Chymical Wedding to Come!!!!!!!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2008 10:05 AM (#7588 - in reply to #7540)

PhD Alumni

Ah ha, fascinating read, Marty ... interesting elements of autobio-dream-ography ... were dons Juan, Genaro, Carlos Castaneda around .... ?! style elements Chandler-esque ? Joyce ...?

as we now know, the Board is redeemed, as are all ... don't know about your question to Rose, but what came to my mind with your Venice connection was,

"What news on the Rialto ? "

(Merchant of Venice, WS) !!
MollyB
Posted 7/22/2008 10:47 AM (#7589 - in reply to #7540)

Student

And here, all this time, I thought I wanted to travel across the desert with Hunter Thompson!!

Ahhh, Marty, in another place and another time we could have had quite the road trip.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2008 1:14 PM (#7594 - in reply to #7589)

PhD Alumni

ahhh too dear Molly, thank you for reminding me of a more contemporary US surreal writer .. I kind of stopped that road at Richard Brautigan; tush , my ignorance ! Nice to hear from you again. Hope your trip went well.x
Rose
Posted 7/23/2008 7:59 PM (#7632 - in reply to #7543)

Student

Play it again Sam....

I have this idea of you looking over at a Piano Player and just saying, "play it again Sam"....

Don't know why just do.

Love and peace to you M and the Furr Balls too!
mruppert
Posted 7/23/2008 8:44 PM (#7633 - in reply to #7540)

Hi all:
Rick:You know what I want to hear.
Sam:[lying] No, I don't.
Rick:You played it for her, you can play it for me!
Sam:[lying] Well, I don't think I can remember...
Rick:If she can stand it, I can! Play it!

"You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by.

And when two lovers woo
They still say, "I love you."
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by.

It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die.
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by.

Oh yes, the world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by."    ---abridged version from the flic, 1942

How I love that movie!!!!!!!!!!

Love, past present and future,
Marty and Furrballs in Maximum Shed Mode, Luckster, Poppstar, and SizzyGurl
mruppert
Posted 7/23/2008 8:47 PM (#7634 - in reply to #7540)

Molls, for you something private...........
Marty et allus
Rose
Posted 7/23/2008 9:12 PM (#7635 - in reply to #7634)

Student

I'm glad you put those lyrics up and I was sitting here singing along...When ladies dressed like ladies and men dressed like men....what wonderful memories.

Well I must go and focus on winning millions so we can all get that Haunted Castle and have a Casablanca "murder mystery dinner", to which we will have a great and famous detective...Like Hercule Poirot, or maybe Agatha Christie...you know Doc would make a good Agatha Christie, a younger version but I could see her cast into that part..

What a wonderful world we live in....

spreading hugs and kisses to everyone...
mruppert
Posted 7/23/2008 9:52 PM (#7636 - in reply to #7540)

Owlyeyes....I WILL buy the castle, just as soon as my ship comes in.....and all who say the magic letters at the big iron doors, UMS, are welcome to stay for free, as long as they want.....at least as long as they can stand the ghostly-goings-on. I do hope that I have plenty of ghosts....it will give Agatha Doc Jill Christie something to do....as I would not want her to have to solve a murder mystery...at least not in my castle!
Hmmmm...expensive ones in Europe, cheaper in Scotland...but uninhabitable in Scotland. Ah yes, in my beloved Romania, one for 185K euros, with electricity to boot! No, Owlster, not in the Carpathians, in Tergoviste, and I will serve Egre...whatever, the wine from Hungary that is known as Bulls Blood, at this humongous dinner table. And, as we dine, we shall hear the howl, and I shall say "Listen to the volves, dey are de children of da night, vhat music dey make" and scare your feathers off!!!!
     We will have such fun! But, somebody is going to have to stay with Sunny...she might get really scared. Aha, I will send to her Sir Paul Jusef d'Jesu, a knight in shining armour......yeah, I gotta tell him to stop putting on our antique treasures.

Peace and Note Buna (Good Night in Romanian, 'tis true that they speak a Romance language, not a Slavik one)

Marty and BatCats, Luckylee, Poppyhead, and SissyGirl
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/23/2008 10:22 PM (#7637 - in reply to #7540)

Alumni

I enjoy your story because it allows me to take an entirely different perspective. To feel and think as you are describing, to find myself as a different personality, that takes skill. You are writing as a man, an American man of a certain age in a certain culture, and the personality and attitude of your characters comes out colorfully and realistically. You are painting a picture of how it is, especially for a certain time of life, and the quality of the times we live in. You are also funny, and there is much in your story that makes me laugh out loud. I enjoy going on this trip with you, and strangely enough Marty, I do identify with the sarcasm, the cynicism, the fleeting feelings of despair, the reckless behavior of young rebels. I am looking forward to reading more. 
mruppert
Posted 7/23/2008 11:39 PM (#7639 - in reply to #7540)

So, then, you shall all have it in it's stark nakedness, but not right now! I am not, at this movement in time able to hide the truth from the contrivances, so as to protect the innocent and the guilty. Also, I do not want to get a big bill from a large hotel chain, many years after the fact. But, at this very moment, I am listening to "The Kings of Klezmer" whose music plays a part in the story. "At A Voy" is a song which I danced to, with it's rhythm changes and hypnotic melodies. Klezmer is a form of music from Eastern Europe, usually, almost always associated with Ashkenazy Jews. Sometimes they sing in German (hello, Aqua) but they mostly sing in Yiddish, a language that I heard in New York City, as a child. It is German, Slavonik, Hungarian, Polish and probably many other languages all mixed up into a ball of beautiful confusion.
     We made fun of the old ladies sitting on the benches when they said words like (what sounded to us) Spitooey....we taunted them.
     I wish I could go back now, and apologize. I WAS young, but I was not stupid, and I should have known better. But I just didn't know....I didn't know.

Peace n' Fresh Warm Bagels, from Republic Bagel Company, in the heart of a Hassidic Jewish neighborhood, with a few Lubavitchers....I doubt that it is still there.......Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, circa 1955;
Marty, and Orthodox Cats, Luckylee, Poppyhead, and Sissygirl
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/24/2008 12:36 AM (#7641 - in reply to #7540)

Alumni

Marty! I lived in a Hasidic neighborhood in Brooklyn when I was 7. Across the street there was a haunted looking Victorian house that seemed abandoned. Children loved to explore there because it had a real tree swing! It was the only house in the neighborhood that had a great sloping yard surrounded by trees. How shocked I was to discover through a small window that  there were many young men dressed in black with long dark curls standing in the dark basement nodding over books. I remember feeling dismayed for them, the hidden people, living in that lightless dreary underground place, and then I was frightened away from the magic kingdom with its swings and imagined stories. 
mruppert
Posted 7/24/2008 1:33 AM (#7646 - in reply to #7540)

OMG...for real! Do you remember the street? Was it Metropolitan Avenue? We called the old Victorian house there, the "Haunted House". If you went further up you hit Graham Avenue and Grand Street. Further up Grand Street was the heart of the Hassids, and Republic Bagel. My Dad used to send me up there to get fresh bagels and biallys(sp?) which were a bun like thing with toasted onions on top. It was a great treat! And, with the pocket money I had, I used to buy a knish (a potato thing, like a turnover) from a street vendor....they were GREAT!
So, tell me that you were NOT with several other girls, and had a longish dress with poofy sleeves, and ran away from the "Haunted House." My two friends and I called out to you!
But, maybe you shouldn't, for if you say you were, I would drop away in a faint.
To all who read this, you see the beauty of this site!!!! Two people, who have much in common, have miraculously been able to share experiences that we might otherwise never know we shared.

Faith, no matter what flavor, WORKS!
Marty and Nappycats, Luck, Popp, and Siss
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 8:08 AM (#7665 - in reply to #7646)

PhD Alumni

Aah Marty, now who is putting on antique treasures ? Or antic' treasures (a sly link to Hamlet) ...

us poor olde knights stand ready for such tasks of which we might be deemed worthy ...
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/24/2008 1:58 PM (#7673 - in reply to #7540)

Alumni

Marty, all is familiar, bagels, knishes, Friday nights switching the lights off for the neighbors who felt that doing so would be breaking the Sabbath. (I wondered why was it alright for me to break God's laws? But the old woman promised to teach me Yiddish and she fussed over me so lavishly). The house I visited was across the street from 777 St. Mark's Place (I used to sing my address). The time was 1961, 1962.  There was a major hurricane at that time and I remember jumping straight up in the air and delightfully landing several feet ahead!

Marty and I share a lot in common, New York State, NYC, rebellion, insecurity, a need to heal a broken heart. Ah, what a wonderful life!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 3:30 PM (#7683 - in reply to #7673)

PhD Alumni

how then, pray, is a broken heart cured ?
sunflower
Posted 7/25/2008 3:39 AM (#7694 - in reply to #7683)

Elite Veteran

hi my night!! in shining armour,i beleive a broken heart is never cured as such,i say it is healed by love,understanding,and knowledge.I say healed ,never cured,as to cure something,is to make it go away for good,to heal is to go forward,with the scars,that sometimes can be scratched,by a memory,song etc,that reminds us it is always there,but by moving on,with love,we are able to remember,but not linger in despair,mindfulness,in the moment,is our salvation.Am i making sense,you know,i realize i always say"am i making sense"or "i beleive",qiuite often in my posts,i,m pondering,am i talking to myself.i.e.,lots of I,s,therefore,ami talking subconciously to me,is my higher self talking to me,being my own teacher learning from the words i conciously write,but subconsiously,me and the higher me,having a conversation,and learning,healing,and a load of other things,with the help of the unseen,a guradian angel,a guide,are we all teaching ourselves,with the help of the universal love,so on,so on,i say that last bit cos i get bored overanalysing things.... Muppet mr,i will not indeed be afraid of any spooky goings on in your castle,in fact i shall go in search of,looking,hearing,watching,in anticipation,so i can see for myself,if all claimed is true,if i do not see,experience,something of the unknown to me,i.e.if I see a ghost,i know it to be true,cos i,ve seen it,and all that,just as if i was ill,in pain,and i went to a healer,after exhausting all other avenues open to me,and i was healed,therefore i would beleive.Lordy,Lordy,Lordy,yesterday i was confused by others,today i am confusing myself,best for me to lie down awhileand enjoy the silence,bb,fr nw x
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 3:53 AM (#7695 - in reply to #7540)

PhD Alumni

Lovely reminiscences & walks down memory lanes: Marty & Tracy .. 'young but not stupid' ?! Aah, then what would have been wrong with anyway .. 'when I was young and foolish, under the apple boughs' ...

And dear Sunflowerpetalbeam .... how I resonate with what you say; do you know the old song by Kate & Ann McGarrigle, 'Some say a heart is just like a wheel, when its bended, it can't be mended' ?

ye old poor pooh knight from the East x
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/25/2008 4:57 AM (#7699 - in reply to #7695)

PhD Alumni

just posted a poem on Poetry for the Soul on broken hearts, faery love and knightly deeds, in case anyone overlooks it ...x
mruppert
Posted 7/26/2008 2:45 AM (#7730 - in reply to #7673)

Tracecell, as I remember, go west on St. Marks, and you are on Wyckoff Avenue...and you will see the Brooklyn Jewish Hospital, where my very Roman Catholic sister was born! Why? Because our HIP (that is a health plan offered to employees of the City of New York)  doctor was Dr. Rosenberg....and he would not work in Greenpoint Hospital (much closer to us), as he considered it barbaric. They had a "nuthouse" wing.
We used to sneak into Greenpoint Hospital grounds via the "backway" and I remember talking to many old men and women. I played chess with some really old guys, who taught me how it was not checkers (I thought it was because I was young and stupid) and taught me brilliant moves, all of which I have forgotten.
But, I will never ever ever forget the one old lady I talked to...who told me that, and I quote, as best as I can recall, in her way of speaking our language "you villby hownted all your live, until youhef found you"
Hmmmmm.....I think that what she said is true, but I didn't think about it until I read your post. 

Peace and Love, '
Marty and Snooozy Cats, Luck, Popp, and Siss
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/26/2008 7:57 AM (#7738 - in reply to #7730)

PhD Alumni

... so perhaps you, Marty and Tracy, did pass each other long ago on those mean streets ... ? The world indeed is small and life is a dream dreaming us ...
instinctual
Posted 7/27/2008 11:42 AM (#7841 - in reply to #7540)

PhD Alumni

Marty....WOW.

What a message this old gem bestowed upon you! Sheesh! Was she per chance my Hungarian Aunt LizziNayni? Sounds like something she would say, and how she would say it!

mruppert
Posted 7/27/2008 11:53 PM (#7863 - in reply to #7841)

Hi Lorsey,
     If she was of a catholic or orthodox faith, might have been! The old women, with their colorful scarves, sat in groups and spoke languages that, today, I would recognize, as I am good at that. But, way back then, no clue. Those that were Jewish, could speak to each other via Yiddish, which was a conglomeration of many languages.
     The one old lady who sat by herself, I researched....and she was a bit famous.....I did this as a high school "reach out" project.....she was from a particular part of old Yugoslavia, from what is now a non existant part of Serbo-Croatia, and more recently Serbia and Croatia.  Unfortunately, after three thousand years of history, they still haven't learned to live together. Anyway, I learned that she spoke Dalmatian, and no one else could speak her language. So, she died lonely, unable to have a conversation with anyone else of her contemporaries. And, her language died with her, as no one speaks Dalmatian, it is a dead language, like she is. What a waste, and what a pity!

Love,
Marty and Slavanic Catz, Luckzylee, Poppyheadjic, and CiccyGyrl
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software