University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metaphysical Attire: do clothes maketh the person ?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

instinctual
Posted 8/1/2008 4:11 PM (#8211 - in reply to #7501)
Subject: RE: Metaphysical Attire: do clothes maketh the person ?

PhD Alumni

This is awesome! You know, I tend to wear muted colors alot, black, gray, etc. and I notice that when I do, it is that I am feeling particularly happy and positive! I think it may be because I do not want to change the vibrations of my happy mood, so I want to, in other words let my mood speak for itself. I also hear you Iris, I love colored accessories, too! My Hungarian ancestry will shine through in the way of silly fun dangly earrings and bold necklaces, etc....and finally, again Iris, my sister in barefootedness...shoes suck!

Also, showing my true U.S citizenship here, but

what the heck is a Jinn?

Edited by instinctual 8/1/2008 4:13 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 5:27 PM (#8215 - in reply to #7501)

I am not sure what the batman bit is all about... I guess I am missing it. I just like rich colors, textures and lines on clothing. Whatever! It suits my personality.

Chot-
Are you suggesting that I wear my underwear on the outside? I am sincerely confused.

Cara

P.S. Emails/posts can be difficult.
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 5:29 PM (#8216 - in reply to #7501)

If I may cut in...

Instrinctual-
A Jinn is Genie. A magical michievous spirit.

C
instinctual
Posted 8/1/2008 5:49 PM (#8217 - in reply to #7501)

PhD Alumni

SO then I have to wait for Paul to clarify- if he indeed meant that he is wearing a Genie? Me thinks we have a cultural language issue occurring here
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 7:09 PM (#8219 - in reply to #7501)

maybe he means jeans. Which comes from the French. I can't remember the spelling right now. But, the original refers to a type of canvas material used for work clothes. It was worn by peasants in a region ruled by the family "Gene' or some such. (This is pulled completely from my memory of a history class I took when I was sutdying in france in 1989.)

A little bit of trivia anyway.

C
instinctual
Posted 8/1/2008 7:56 PM (#8220 - in reply to #7501)

PhD Alumni

ah yes, probably so! When Paul returns from the Great North, perhaps he can clear it up for good, unless someone else from the UK can clarify!

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/2/2008 11:36 AM (#8256 - in reply to #8220)

PhD Alumni

I have clarified, on another thread. Cara read me right here; I was clearly being too opaque. I'd better go and read some more books, or go further North, where there aren't any PCs or internet.

Kiddo Green
Posted 8/2/2008 1:36 PM (#8264 - in reply to #7501)

Ok, I was a bit off historically on the jeans comment. Here are the facts, the wikipedia version:

Jeans trivia:
Jeans fabric was made in Chieri, a town near Turin (Italy), in the 1600s. It was sold through the harbour of Genoa, that was the capital of an independent republic, and a naval power. The first were made for the Genoese Navy because it required all-purpose pants for its sailors that could be worn wet or dry, and whose legs could easily be rolled up to wear while swabbing the deck. These jeans would be laundered by dragging them in large mesh nets behind the ship, and the sea water would bleach them white. According to many people the jeans name comes from bleu de Gênes, i.e., blue of Genoa. The raw material used to come from the city of Nîmes (France) de Nîmes i.e. denim.

Cara
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/2/2008 1:39 PM (#8265 - in reply to #7501)

I should correct myself, the ruling family was de Nimes, not Genes (Genoa). denim blue jeans (de Nimes bleu Genes).

Cara
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/2/2008 2:39 PM (#8271 - in reply to #8265)

PhD Alumni

Please Cara

thou dost protest too much ..

go with the flow

I never know what to wear: easy question.

Respectful answers.

My deceased grandma made me a Batman suit once, 30 years ago, before the films were made

- in an English village - racing around, being Batman

- how weird was that -

no-one except me knew that the comic s existed

- my grandma humoured me

Blue & Grey, or black and blue, from the bruises xx

and please, no corrections necessary - only consciousness (as I am sure you know) x

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/2/2008 2:40 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/2/2008 2:43 PM (#8272 - in reply to #8271)

PhD Alumni

Doh

sorry we have not yet made plain that, i believe,

Mr Levi was Jewish

& thus another testament to Jewish endurance & foresight

Shalom
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/2/2008 2:54 PM (#8273 - in reply to #7501)

No. PJ, I simply don't understand what the batman references are about. What are they? It seems sort of teasing? But, I just can't wrap my head around it. Can Chot or someone else explain it?

I don't think I am protesting. I am merely trying to clarifying a rather obtuse reference to batman suit in response to my comments. It is not in my frame of reference. Sorry. trying to clarify.

Cara
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/2/2008 3:21 PM (#8281 - in reply to #8273)

PhD Alumni

So far as i can see, and I feel I am explaining someone else's poor linkage:

You and I, and Sunflower, were discussing clothes colours; there may or may not have been some negative connotation to 'black' and so far as I am dimly aware, having followed the Dark Knight transfer from pastel Dc to dark Marvel comics and thereto film, a joke has been attempted, ie, is the new black Batman, boring.. not by me, but there we go - if you need it spelling out more pls let me know .. rushing as I have a phone call to take ..x

blessed be
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/2/2008 7:58 PM (#8305 - in reply to #7501)

I see I see. I didn't understand the Batman reference at all. I apologize. I don't watch primetime TV or read the news, so sometimes these references are lost on me.

And, well, I have just come to appreciate a full palette of color. When I say that I used to wear black, FOR ME, it was a disguise. I was trying to be something that I was not. This may not be true for others; I can not say. If you can only imagine what a black/gray outfit looks like in a bright, sunny out-doorsy locale as SoCal. To top it off, I come from Italian heritage, my pigment is olive (complete with dark circles under eyes) and dark hair). I look more like a caricature...erring on the side of Morticia Adams of the Adams family. Besides, my family culture dictates that I am too young for an all black dress code. (Old Italian ladies in black dresses and head dresses...) *wink*

So, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. That was not my intention. I just prefer to liven up what nature has already made so sombre-looking (meaning my complexion).

Take care,
Cara

Chotuni
Posted 8/3/2008 8:13 AM (#8326 - in reply to #8273)

Regular

I was picking up on your comment black is drab. Sorry for any confusion, P.J. has hit the nail on the head though. It was a reference to the new Batman film as he wears a black costume and P.J. was correcting me, when he picked me up on the original of his costume.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/3/2008 9:39 AM (#8344 - in reply to #8326)

PhD Alumni

Sorry Chothuni we do seem to be crossing wavelengths and I apologise for my part in any of that; I did not see myself as 'correcting' you; as you have, you say, a dry sense of humour, equally I have my own sense of humour, which sometimes coincides with yours, and sometimes seems not to. Part of this Board is shared learning so we can learn from each other, i feel. Not sure what more I can say on that. I shall clearly need to take more care in responding to your posts.

I feel this Board is also about sharing & raising planetary consciousness for its and our healing; and in that comes respect. So if you - or anyone else - feels that I have disrespected you, or others, at all, then i equally apologise for that. Equally, since part of this is also about asking questions, then I cannot forebear from that if i am not sure of something.
instinctual
Posted 8/3/2008 1:06 PM (#8356 - in reply to #7501)

PhD Alumni

While I believe we "know" each other and are becoming accustomed to each other's writing styles, moods, sense of humor ( whether dry as a stale piece of bread or as raunchy and wet as Lucille Ball( not to say that Lucy was raunchy, but hopefully you know what I mean)! without the inflection of a voice and the look into the eye, it will always be difficult. Therein lies the beauty of this form of communication. The lack of those luxuries practically forces one to really understand each other on a soul to soul level- the pure soup that we are born from. I think if we could just pause and imagine the person's face while they are "speaking" there wouldn't be so much need for clarification? Then again, what the hell do I know.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/3/2008 1:54 PM (#8366 - in reply to #8356)

PhD Alumni

As the Little Prince's only friend the Fox knew, we can only see truly with the Heart.
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/3/2008 2:00 PM (#8370 - in reply to #7501)

I like you Lori. Beautiful sentiment. And, I agree with you. Let's imagine the human element and the good in our comrades.

cara
instinctual
Posted 8/3/2008 9:54 PM (#8383 - in reply to #7501)

PhD Alumni

I like you too dear Cara...thank you!!!!!

Smiles and all good stuff!

L
Rose
Posted 8/3/2008 10:45 PM (#8385 - in reply to #8211)

Student

Hungarian food is awesome instinctual...a friend of mine made this Sausage Bread for me and it was the best! And she taught me to make this wonderful sweet pasta dish with eggs and everytime I make it people love it. It's really good as a dinner side dish.

Love and peace to you...
Rose
Posted 8/3/2008 10:47 PM (#8386 - in reply to #7501)

Student

As far as metaphysical clothing, Feathers are best....

Whatever brings you to that happy place. I believe in comfort and wearing the colors that are in harmony with the wearer...
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/4/2008 1:03 AM (#8387 - in reply to #7501)

Hoorah Rose! a big bold star for succinct post.

I couldn't agree more.

Cara
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/4/2008 3:57 AM (#8390 - in reply to #8386)

PhD Alumni

Next time I am in court I shall wear my batman suit with some feathers attached. Should see me sent down !!

Ah .. the Shamanic suit of the Great Eagle-Owl yet awaits ...

The Kachina of the Hopi, a reverberation of our Santa Claus, wears a suit of blue, with stars upon it, ebcause he has come a long way, across the universe ...

Namaste
instinctual
Posted 8/5/2008 10:32 AM (#8574 - in reply to #7501)

PhD Alumni

Rose, the dish you speak of, is delicious! I do not know how to spell it...I think it's like...koogel or krugel...it is amazing..!!! Also, the ranch dressing you speak of...has me so hungry!!!!

Nice to see you, pretty Rose!! (Has the priest washed his hands)? I sent you a post about that on starlight, but now I cannot find it!

Love-
L

PS: Paul, Do you live near Harrod's? Love Love Love that place..fabulous smoked salmon as I recall...
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software