University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Questions About UMS -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you sign up for more than one doctorate degree?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Questions About UMSMessage format

Dusty
Posted 7/19/2008 12:23 PM (#7440)
Subject: Can you sign up for more than one doctorate degree?

I had a quick question, is it possible sign up for multiple doctorate degrees? For example there are 2 other programs online that are fairly cheap like this one is, but the courses they offer are different. So for example, after I finish one of the degree programs I've been working on there, can I also sign up for the doctorate program here as well?

I know it sounds a bit strange to want to sign up for more than 1 under the title of metaphysics, but there are 2 reasons that make me want to do this, #1. All 3 are affordable, #2, all 3 have different courses and areas of study, with one of them being based more around metaphysical theology.... Any thoughts on this? and has anyone done this?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/19/2008 12:33 PM (#7441 - in reply to #7440)
Subject: RE: Can you sign up for more than one doctorate degree?

Alumni

Hi Dusty, the program at UMS is taken from the Bachelor's level to the Masters to the Ph.D. You can apply for two Ph.Ds at UMS, would require a second dissertation. Since the Metaphysical field is relatively new, it is usually not possible to transfer credits as one would at other academic schools. Contact UMS at ums@umsonline.org for more clarification. 
Dusty
Posted 7/19/2008 3:29 PM (#7444 - in reply to #7441)

Hi Tracy, thanx for your quick response. I'm not actually talking about transfering any credits. I mean, once I complete the Bachelor, Master and Ph.D at the other school, can I then complete the Bachelor, Master and Ph.D at this school even though the degree may be called the same thing? That's what I meant .
Thanx again and I'll wait for your response....
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/19/2008 3:50 PM (#7445 - in reply to #7440)

Alumni

Yes, you can have as much education with as many schools as you would like! Also, UMS has several other degree titles to choose from, they are listed on this website.
Dusty
Posted 7/19/2008 3:56 PM (#7446 - in reply to #7440)

fantastic, thanks for your reply Tracy....Look forward to continuing my education here soon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software