University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are Metaphysics, Religion and Spirituality Equaled to Denial?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

instinctual
Posted 7/17/2008 1:02 PM (#7319)
Subject: Are Metaphysics, Religion and Spirituality Equaled to Denial?

PhD Alumni

Friends, Romans and Countrymen, Lend me your ears! (Sheesh where did that come from)- In case there are those of us who are still not open to the new site I will make available for your viewing pleasure a blog that I just posted over there. Here goes.

As we are witness to such monumental shifts in awareness and consciousness in this life time , we are being pulled by the ebb and flow of our planet to stand at attention and get in line. Which line are you in? The line of Healers, the ones who give direction, comfort and guidance? The line of supporters? Those are the helpers of the Healers, they provide the supportive role. The role of recipients? Those who have lost their way yet have good intentions, and experience hope. Then there are those who are atheistic in their beliefs, and that in itself indicates hopefully a well thought out and reasoned "belief system". The role of the Negatives? Those who squelch and mock beliefs. Then, there are all those in between.

What prompted this blog is an experience I recently had at a popular bookstore. As I stood there with my Venti Non-fat double shot Latte perusing the metaphysical book section, I noticed a middle aged couple. Groomed to all get out, dripping with gold and large diamonds, name branded everything, the mingling of their overly applied perfumes and colognes enough to gag a horse. They pointed to several popular titles, and whispered and snickered. The man said to the woman, "look at this garbage". His impeccably groomed female replied " Yes, pure nonsense. Believing in this stuff is like believing that a Bandaid can cure the need for open heart surgery!" As they enjoyed their own little party and as they continued to demand my attention, my mouth agape and eyes no longer having the capacity to look away from this spectacle, Mr. Perfect guy mocked "oh..oh..I have a problem...I will give it over to....", and he greatly lengthened and exaggerated the word "uuuuuuuuu niiiiiiiiii verse , then I won't have to worry about a thing, and I can dance naked around a fire with my other freak friends". Somewhere in there he made reference to rolling around in sage and having flowers in one's hair, and the word patchouli was muttered. I stood there stunned. Another man who was there looked at me and we both half rolled our eyes and smirked.

Well now! Ohhh, my dander was Up. As my friend caffeine surged into my brain, words, statements and thoughts co-existing on the tip of my tongue, my hand shaking and ready to fling the rest of my hot java on her precisely coiffed head, Mr. Adonis said to me, " can I help you with something?"....how arrogant. I breathed, counted to approximately 0.5 and responded, "I am not the one who needs help"! Once I walked away I realized how grateful I was that he handed that line to me! The other man who was there happened to be parked near me and we left at the same time. He was so sweet and kind and asked me if I was alright. After I replied that I was indeed OK and thanked him for his concern, we got to talking. He is a burned out nurse! Anyone who knows my story knows that I too, am fried from the profession. I told him of my workshops. We exchanged contact information.

What a wonderful trinity of energy that exposed itself that day! Perhaps Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head were the catalyst in my making a new acquaintance. How would they feel if they knew that the Divine worked through them to create a new bond?

Moral of the story:

People truly think this way, friends. How lonely and frightening it must be to not have belief or faith in anything other than their bank account and their stock options? Their belief is that because we have belief and faith in the Vast and Known Unknown, that we are giving our problems away so we don't have to address them.

I send Light and Love to these people. What else can be done? (Legally)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/17/2008 3:15 PM (#7327 - in reply to #7319)
Subject: RE: Are Metaphysics, Religion and Spirituality Equaled to Denial?

PhD Alumni

Noted. Tomorrow reply, hopefully.

John Wayne at the Alamo xx
Supernatural3
Posted 7/18/2008 12:41 AM (#7330 - in reply to #7319)

PhD Alumni

Yep. Indeed a lost couple, needing to laugh at something they do not understand, to cover how lost they truly feel. Perhaps we do not understand their way of life. Let them snicker and think of those things foolish, does not matter really. These things make US happy, therefor my own consciousness is happy. Just feel sorry for those who thrive on programmed beliefs, with no exploration. How trapped they must feel. SAD

Our world truly takes all kinds. I am glad to be in the side I am on. Does not matter to me if others do not like it, because I am truly happy. The inner glow is there..... and others are jealous of that inner glow.

Now I am not talking SELF here..... I am talking the knowledge of all being ONE, as eternal.... inner  glow that we tend to have after realizing this phenomenon.

So maybe I am in denial of other peoples religion, but not really. I lived it, learned it, decided it wasn't for me. They can have it. I kindly let any non-spiritual or non-metaphysical person, live in their own world to experience something other than my own. To each their own.

Suggestion: Next time, laugh under your breath at their foolishness of being so judgemental of the unknown, rather than to have an open mind to endless possibilities.

No, we do not know it all here.... in our metaphysical world.... but over all, WE sure are more open to different..... open to individuality...... open to freedom of choice.

Amen

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 4:02 AM (#7343 - in reply to #7330)

PhD Alumni

Dear Lori

Angels are all around, whether we them or not .... denial is perhaps a necessary part of freedom ... to BE

Liked your champagne reference; took me awhile to get it - my link there was unintential ...

The many ways to God also involve the Via Negativa, the way of abstinence and denial - in order to liberate the Affirmative ... ha ha !!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 4:04 AM (#7344 - in reply to #7319)

PhD Alumni

... find the inner Self, the inner void, that opens to the Eternal ...
instinctual
Posted 7/18/2008 10:40 AM (#7367 - in reply to #7319)

PhD Alumni

Thx all..so right. I think I was angry at the man's rudeness...not necessarily his view points..then again I was probably rude by staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaring at them with my mouth flung wide open to the floor! ahahaha

Excellent viewpoints everyone, and thank you for listening

xo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software