University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fast facts for false teachings
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

searching
Posted 7/16/2008 11:16 AM (#7270)
Subject: Fast facts for false teachings

Regular

This is the title of a book given to me by a good Baptist friend of mine. This book takes all major religions and shows how all but their beliefs are wrong. They use the scriptures of the bible to prove this point. The authors are very intelligent and the book is very persuasive. The scriptures do say all non believers in the scriptures will go to hell. But what of the scripture; 1 John 4:16 “And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God Is Love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.”

You see my problem with the book is simple. God Is Love! We as humans have absents ourselves from God but can never be separate. If God is life than life can not exist with out God. If any where dammed to hell, wouldn’t God be in hell also. Could God be love?

The book calls itself a Christian book, but also looks down on some Christian beliefs; Catholics, protestants, unity church, ect… so I did some research to see just how many will inherit heaven and how many will be dammed to hell.

The world population is 6.68 billion. Christian belief is the majority at 33.32%. now take out the above mentioned with Catholics being 16.99%. all others leaving about 3% to inherit the kingdom of heaven as described in the book. This leaves us, (at this immediate time,) with only 55, 644,400 of Gods beloved children inheriting heaven. 6,612,355,600 will spend eternity in hell. So much for, God is love.

I was one of them for many years. But I believe, God is love. This is the reason for my searching. In a short time I have found my path and no longer walk it but run. With thanks to the many friends I have found here, ( especially my dear friend iris, the voice I hear through the darkness), I have found true salvation. The salvation is nothing more than, the truth. God is life, God is love, all who have life have love, all who have love have God, all who have God have never been separate from love or life. It has always been ours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 12:18 PM (#7271 - in reply to #7270)
Subject: RE: Fast facts for false teachings

PhD Alumni

Absolutely agree Searching ... such books are a sad reflection of their authors' and readers' fears; and as we know, perfect love casteth out fear .... so as you say, the primacy of God is Love. Love is all there is (The Beatles !).

Follow closely, as I am sure you know/do, the threads/veins of each religion to its heart core and the same message is there, clear and ringing true. It is quite amazing that the proponents of division cannot locate or see that holy Centre.

Namaste
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 12:25 PM (#7274 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

ps, it is well known that 'fast food' does not nourish; so it is with 'fast facts' !!
searching
Posted 7/16/2008 1:15 PM (#7275 - in reply to #7271)

Regular

Paul, "perfect love casteth out fear." makes perceft sence. thank you for that.
Rose
Posted 7/16/2008 1:36 PM (#7276 - in reply to #7275)

Student

What a great thread. And very informative about the book. You know it's funny how so many will point fingers at one religion for believing "they are the only one" and will go as far as to kill to prove that point. Then you have those who say the same and profess the same, but because they don't put a gun to your head they don't believe they are just like the others. But in essence they are just like the others. They just use a different type of weapon it's called, "killing others with low self esteem, non-acceptance of themselves."

I often wonder how anyone could be so vein as to point to someone else and pretend to know whether or not that person is going to hell....I would not ever claim such a thing. What we need is love and compassion. The way Christ has love and compassion.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 1:36 PM (#7277 - in reply to #7275)

PhD Alumni

Nice to be in communication Searching, but I am merely the messenger - I cannot recall if that was Jesus, or, as I suspect it was, St Paul; who (the latter) unfortunately also said some rather un-Christian things; though too, he did say, of all the blessings, Love was the highest of the high ...

whatever,

Love, divine, human and Caritas, to Thee

and empathizing with the spiritual loneliness you have expressed in past posts down there in Texas - in loneliness is a good place for G-d to find us, and be with us, privately, calmly, still-ly, just as S/He also, betimes, needs to Be
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 1:41 PM (#7278 - in reply to #7277)

PhD Alumni

An after thought, or clarification, for my obliqueness ... it is my personal belief/experience that, God too becomes lonely and vulnerable, not least because of the huge work involved in keeping creation going ... and more than often needs helpers, such as us, simply to offer G-d space and quietude - as in meditation, though it does not have to be dignified, reified, and thus, put on an inaccessible pedestal with an exclusion cause ...

... being with, for and beside God, Great Spirit, Universal Mind, Divine and Eternal Self, howsoever we/Thee consider her/him to Be,

... might consist simply in being quietly worshipful, contemplative and prayerful, being a friend, for the Divine Friend

xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 1:42 PM (#7279 - in reply to #7276)

PhD Alumni

Lovely owl Rose

Sacred spirit for some

nice pun in vein and vain !!
searching
Posted 7/16/2008 2:48 PM (#7281 - in reply to #7277)

Regular

1 John 4:18, " There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection]."

Paul here is the scripture you spoke of. it is one to give many thought. thank you.
instinctual
Posted 7/16/2008 3:47 PM (#7287 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

What a horrific situation that so many of us face, as Rose termed the other day, "Bible Thumpers"....It causes me to be angry because I have personally experienced such judgement, hence shame in my child hood and even young adult years because of these poor ignorant souls. Once the anger subsides, I feel empathy. All we can do is help to shine Light. That is what we are meant to do. Jerry...continue please to be true to yourself over there in the Lone Star state. You never know how many people have the same spiritual calling as yourself, right in your own neck of the woods...you are so eloquent and thank you for your heartfelt post. I must add that Iris has an amazing voice, doesn't she....

Keep on running with it, my friend!

Lori
mruppert
Posted 7/17/2008 12:55 AM (#7294 - in reply to #7270)

Hi all:
     My steadfast belief in Roman Catholicism came long and hard...and it is NOT the same belief that the hierachical RC church under the current or past Popes have. I see many things occuring today as they did thousands of years ago...of which, I have no problem of faith. Abortion and Homosexuality? Do you think that this is a "modern" contrivance? No, both existed way before a book, called the Bible (the word of God) existed. And,was accepted as part of the "christian" community.
      Rather than me expound on it, I humbly ask you all to explain it somehow....and that is this.....during our mass our rite says that the bread and wine is transformed into the body and blood of Christ (take ye and eat of this for this is my body.....take ye and drink of this for this is my blood...upon which the new covenant......blah blah blah...I would do the latin that we used to say in the Tridentine Mass, but we no longer do that due to some Popes, and we have lost our faith and our mysticism!!!!!
      But the symbolism remains....that we are a cannibalistic and vampyric religion.
       Is it any wonder that of all the Eastern European countries, Romania is the most Christian, and the one country that boasts the legend of the blooddrinker, Dracul...or is it just history precedent to the Holy Roman Empire,when the "church" took away everything we believed in...and took with that our chance at immortality???????????

Peace Profound,
Marty and Luck, Popp,and Sissssss
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/17/2008 3:55 AM (#7299 - in reply to #7294)

PhD Alumni

Dostoevsky in Brothers Karamazov tells a story of how Christ returned at the time of the Inquisition. The Grand Inquisitor noticed him in the crowd, and arrested him, for, he must surely be put to death, for disturbing society's 'equilibrium.

Return you too to the Gospel of Judas - Jesus had to be crucified to demonstrate the illusion of the World.

The symbolism of the Mass can be fuiond around the globe, replicated in many society's that predate Christianity. It is reckoned that the early Church founders (post- Jesus) added that all on to make Christianity more 'acceptable', as it lpayed to key archetypal themes in the collective unconscious.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/17/2008 7:03 AM (#7306 - in reply to #7281)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Searching, yes that was it - neither Jesus nor Paul ! - 'Neither this, nor that', as with, 'what is Zen ?' Ha ha !!
Supernatural3
Posted 7/18/2008 1:21 AM (#7335 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

All books, including the bible and it's many versions have been written by MAN. Man has interpreted what he THOUGHT it meant. Lets face it, less education, less open minds, more confusion, more scare tactics and power plays. Also the number one selling money making book on earth to this day.

Man, is only PART of God, a confused portion. Lets just say, puzzle pieces are there, but not quite fitting. As time passes, the puzzle becomes worn, torn and twisted. The pieces just do not fit anymore.

Time to write a new bible folks.

Mine is called Jillism. I get my own chapter.... ha ha ha

You all can have your own chapter too.

Each of our lives, are a new chapter, in the new bible.

A bible based on LOVE, written from GOD, just as much as anyone else.

Love and HUGS

Yep, i am tired and slap happy....

Tracy Ann
Posted 7/18/2008 3:17 AM (#7337 - in reply to #7270)

I agree wholeheartedly my friend...seems you are searching no more and found the pearl of great price. xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 3:48 AM (#7338 - in reply to #7335)

PhD Alumni

When I am writing 'in the flow' so to speak, the words seem to come from elsewhere; possibly my part in the collective unconscious,but I also have this feel for the Muse ...

the Bible was put together by man, and censored/debated by the Early Church Fathers, who I feel distorted it; but me, i am not, I have to say , so 'Human-Centred' .....
Supernatural3
Posted 7/18/2008 8:25 AM (#7353 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

yes, and each human centered man, shall write something they feel. Each will be different from another. I do not feel our current version(s) is fitting for this day and age. After 2000 years, I think it's time for new. I personally don't want to just take someone elses word for it, when everything in my heart and soul knows different. So I don't. I have always lived as I felt right by my own feelings and beleifs and metaphysics just confirmed it.

I have witnessed life after death, had visions that saved lives. I know divine intervention really happens, as I have had it happen to me (i should be dead). I don't think it matters one small bit....Things will happen anyway, just as they are planned. I have total faith in knowing, it's all good. It's refreshing to me.

If it's false, Oh well, I guess I love living in my own delusional world that I built for myself, but if it makes me happy, then it cannot be all that bad. I have no plans on changing my reality anytime soon. Well, maybe some better diet and exercise. LOL

All fast food is not unhealthy for us now. They really have improved the menu. I have now seen fruit snacks, yogart, all kinds of things like baked potato's and salads at a fast food places now.  It is refreshing.

The world does have plenty of good things to offer.... choosing them is always our choice. Choose wisely. We already have the divine knowlege of God with-in us. All we have to do is let that portion shine through a little, perhaps lead the way. My own switch is on auto-pilot..... just enjoying the ride.

Leaving for Cedar Point tomorrow. Whoohoo!

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 8:35 AM (#7355 - in reply to #7353)

PhD Alumni

It is partly the difference between the Classical and the Romantic consciousness. We choose what we want to do and be, and then are/become it.

(My 'fast food' was a critique of an apparently dogmatic 'Christian' text, in support more, of ambuguity, not knowing, uncertainty. But I seem to have offedned yuo Jill, if so, not sure why, but apologies if I have).
Supernatural3
Posted 7/18/2008 8:51 AM (#7358 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

No offense here sir Paul, at all. I just like to see positive things on all sides and point them out. I am a natural optimist. Can you tell? Words are so hard to decypher moods and attitude. I also went to bed at 3am, and got up at 8am. Not to smart.... I am over tired. I am used to my 7 or 8. Right now, I have no desire to sleep with so much to do.

It's all good, as always will be.

Weird thing is.... my phone just rang (one ring only), yet nobody was there. Wonder if it's dad. Gotta look for the signs..... or just pay attention to each of our own signs. 
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 8:53 AM (#7359 - in reply to #7358)

PhD Alumni

Relieved of Mafeking

Thanks Jill. I too believe totally in Miracles. I had many powerful coincidences after my father passed. Still do. The phone is interesting; the unconscious can powerfully intervene in our humble electricity connections ...
Supernatural3
Posted 7/18/2008 9:01 AM (#7361 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

Yeah, I do truly believe that, too.

Thanks for being YOU!

Blessings~

mruppert
Posted 7/19/2008 3:50 AM (#7384 - in reply to #7270)

Ah Jilly...you must be truly tired, as I expected a little more fire from you!
So, I will turn it up a notch or two....BAM........
I am not a stupid; naive; or gullible person. I doubt most of what people say until they prove it...beyond a shadow of a doubt.
BUT, I KNOW that a "voice" of unknown origin told me to leave a church and check on Nellie, who was about to be engulfed in flames, had I not listened to that voice....a voice which came at the most important part of a RC Mass.
I KNOW that I have been saved by something which I choose to call a "guardian" so many times, that it may seem like routine. Deep down inside, I want to call my guardian an angel, but I am not prepared to do so yet, BUT, the entity still exists and exists in a very concrete manner.
I KNOW what I have seen with my own eyes, a healer heal....and a healer heal me!
I KNOW that 99.9% of healers can't do s$#t, just as I KNOW that there are a few people who can, and do, heal with great success.
The Bibles (and I have got plenty of versions), are good books, and nice reads, just as a few million other books are. The Koran is a good read, and just as revered by a significant amount of people as the Bibles are. Do you think that the Koranites are wrong and the Biblicals are right???? Is my book better than your book? Have we come to such a low point that humankind argues about this to this day....haven't we learned anything, anything at all?
     Doc J and I argue about many things, but it is easy to see that we both believe in pretty much the same things, with respect to mankind, peace, love and understanding. I cannot speak for the Doc, but I think she shares my belief that we can, indeed, be better than what we are....that we can truly find enlightenment as a whole human race, and thereby, make this world a better place than what we have done in the past.
     Yes, I am oftentimes a doomsayer about the future of this planet, but that is perhaps because of things that I know, and things that many are not willing to accept.
      Our "body language" causes us to look at the sky when we do such a simple and mundane task as leave the house. Our "science" explores the sky. Our technology propels us through the sky and beyond. Our words travel in the sky and get from one little tiny box that you hold in your hand to another little tiny box that someone holds in his or her hand someplace else. Our art, music, poetry, literature, in many cases, have ethereal themes. Think about it seriously for a moment....we have kids who play "air" guitar. We have "skyscrapers." We fly kites. We believe that our dieties are up in the sky....Jesus "ascended".....
    Then, at some quiet moment in your life, ask yourself why we constantly and so steadfastly look up and beyond.
     It is because we are looking at HOME!

P&L,
Marty and Space Cats, Luckytron, Poppyheadoscope, and the SissyFirefly
Supernatural3
Posted 7/19/2008 8:18 PM (#7452 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

Ahhhh, Hey there Mrtee, I haven't gotten tired....I just can relax, because my faith is so strong. I too needed proof, but i was given it, time and time again. I have seen too much. But I got what I asked for.... I feel blessed. I really wish everyone could have the experiences that I have. I think many of us metaphysical types will get that proof, even if it is personal.

Thank you for sparking my attention.

mruppert
Posted 7/19/2008 11:37 PM (#7454 - in reply to #7452)

Hi Jillybean.....I am happy for you, happy that your faith gives you such strength....I also like to think that my best wishes and "thoughts" that others might call prayers could also support and sustain you through difficult and trying times. You, of all, know that they are there, and meant most sincerely.

Your friend,
Marty and, of course, the usual bunch....Luck, Popp, and Siss
Supernatural3
Posted 7/20/2008 12:34 AM (#7457 - in reply to #7270)

PhD Alumni

Times really are not so bad right now. Sure, a few injuries, but nothing life threatening, Other than my dad. I think he only has a 25% chance of making it. While I hope he pulls through, either way, i am not going to be depressed over it. He will just graduate earth, or take on some more earth lessons. I wish I could feel more with that one. I guess if I would have got to know him, things may have hit harder. Hard to have feelings for someone you barely know. I have carried more anger towards him than anything else. Yet, he did create me. I guess I am torn on what to feel.

I really appreciate everyone's blessings and prayers for me. I want them aimed more at my hubby and my daughter, and hope that my father just doesn't suffer. Not happy with the hospital at all. But, does it all matter anyway? Sooner or later it will be ALL of our times.

Losing my dog hurt more than my dad (if he goes). I do not understand that one either. I guess the difference is, i was closer to my animal, than my own father.

I bet this can sound mean, or heartless..... Just being confused with my honesty.

Healing energy to everyone....

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software