University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

have u all gone
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 7/19/2008 1:16 AM (#7381 - in reply to #7210)
Subject: RE: have u all gone

Hi all, in particular Instant:
     The older of my two sisters, the one who still proudly wears the cap of her school, is a supervisory nurse in a "managed care" facility. The things she tells me are quite amazing, to say the least. She particulary hates when she is reprimanded for spending "too much time" with patients; and she is constantly frustrated by the quality of lpns and rns that she has to supervise.
      My younger sister, who also has a BS in Nursing, from The Catholic University of America, but went on to get an MBA from the University of Phoenix is more worried about whether she will be officiallly titled an Associate Vice President of the HMO that she works for, even though it's name has changed thirteen times. Young sister is in charge of training.....and even she, corporate minded as she is...has said that the quality of nurses that she has to be sure are trained is far far less today, than it was in the past, when she started the training program for floor nurses fresh out of the classroom.
     The better nurse of the two, is my older sister, even though she almost flunked out of Catholic U; my younger sister breezed through with A's; my older sister struggled with C's.

Peace and Love to Nurses Everywhere,
Marty and Medicinal Cats, LuckyClara, PoppyheadBarton, and SissyGirlNightengale.

P.S. My older of the two sisters graduated with a higher GPA than I did, for I, a member of Mensa, hold the dubious distinction of graduating with the lowest GPA ever recorded in the annals of good old CUA.....though I am sure that some nitwit has broken my record....though it would be very hard to do so...as they no longer grade on tenths of a point.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sunflower
Posted 7/20/2008 3:19 AM (#7469 - in reply to #7356)

Elite Veteran

Hi Gill,you are constantly on my mind,and i worry that a lovely person,so caring and giving,is having to go through so much.I am wondering how your father is,and how you are coping.Please know that in spirit i am with you,and my arms are around you.There are many things sent to try us ,as they say,you have had much,and are still strong,i admire that strengh,love and hugs.irisxxx
instinctual
Posted 7/20/2008 12:30 PM (#7478 - in reply to #7210)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Marty..and Peace and Love to you and your brave sisters, my soul sisters.

Managed care, Joint Commission, Medicare requirements, documented difficulty in finding solid and accredited nursing programs to create more nurses for the growing deficit, bottom line, top heavy management, impossibly arrogant physicians, law suit crazy patients, decreased overtime, increased patient load, increased nurse documentation. LPN's being nothing more than glorified aides- an LPN used to be held in the highest regard, as their education was just as valuable as an RN's- I recall back in the 80's in Norwalk CT that the only skill that an LPN could not perform was to administer a blood transfusion. Now, they can pop pills, do assessments and give bed baths. RN's not only responsible for their patients but the LPN is working under the RN license......yet we are expected to put on that smile....I have the highest regard for any one who can still want to call themselves "A Nurse".
Screw it. I quit. Call me weak. I'd rather focus my energies on getting every single person who has ever walked even 1 shift in a nurse's shoes, who has ever received an injury trying to prevent an elderly patient's fall, who has ever been stuck with an HIV + or Hep + needle, who has ever been treated with blatant disrespect by MD's, who has ever been bitten, spit on, bled on, punched, and made to cry their entire lunch break- on the rare occasion that you can take one....who has ever held the hand of a dying patient, who has ever been the punching bag of family members, in one room. Greet them at the door with a hug and love, and teach them how to save some of their energy for their own lives at the end of a 13 hour day. Imagine this. I do.

Mensa -hardly -a -nit- wit -Marty my friend, thank you for remembering me,

Love and Hope to you and yours-
Lori, the used-to be-RN
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software