University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Discussion Board for UMS is at StarlightJournal.com
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/23/2008 3:54 AM (#7614 - in reply to #7611)
Subject: RE: New Discussion Board for UMS is at StarlightJournal.com

PhD Alumni

Absolutely resonations, concordances, coniunctos and conjunctions Sunflower and All ... right on the button there .. and long may 'it' - WE - continue x

Winnie the Pooh and Piglet too ................
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/23/2008 6:20 PM (#7629 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

If you have not been informed before:  This Discussion Board will remain here on the UMS website.

You may also visit http://www.StarlightJournal.com
mruppert
Posted 7/24/2008 12:52 AM (#7642 - in reply to #7161)

Here ....where it rightfully belongs.....we don't move the cave paintings at Lescaux to a shiney new arcade!
    We leave the reaching out to future mankind where it is. And, if we can ever be so privileged to visit, and put our hand in the same place as the person who placed their hand on the stone wall of the cave, we TOUCH AND FEEL AND KNOW that we are ONE....with that person, the past, the present and the future!
     Think of the joy that the person who left their handprint must feel when we touch it. We, who live thousands of years in the future. Think of how that artist, and he/she was an artist, has achieved what we all seek....and that is immortality. Imagine the smile on the face of one from so long ago, to know that their attempt to touch us is not forgotten.
Peace to our ancestral brothers and sisters,
Marty and Sabre-toothed cats, Luck, Popp and Sissth...she has a lisp...
sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 1:32 AM (#7645 - in reply to #7629)

Elite Veteran

hi tracey,mr muppet,what r u talking about,kindly,i know the discussion board remains here ,open,and muppet,your comments confuse me,is it something i have misunderstood,have i been in the forest too long,i KNOW the discussion board is to remain open,therefore assume we can keep on talking to each other,as before,you make it sound as if i still think that it, is to be closedi am perplexed is closing,and it is just our threads will be left,etcWhat comment of mine,have u picked up on,and,that suggests i am mistaken,i am perplexed,and feel like a school child been told off for being thick,or am i,please do tell me,as all i said was,now its still to be open,i think we should all have more fun and laughter,etc,can you enlighten me
mruppert
Posted 7/24/2008 1:48 AM (#7647 - in reply to #7161)

G'day SunshineSuperwoman...don't get all feisty.....just me waxing poetic and Traceling reinforcing the message that the board remains.
Some only read certain forums and reply in chronological order, so they don't know that the UMS Discussions Board is alive and well, and getting better all the time. So, ya gotta reinforce the message.
Don't get a bee in your bonnet, but if you do, honey is good for the hair!!!!!

Peace and Squidges,
Mr. Muppet and Silly Cats, Luckee, Poppee and Sissee
sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 2:17 AM (#7649 - in reply to #7647)

Elite Veteran

muppet,i wasn,t getting feisty,i was confused,have u never been cofused,mmm,i will continue to look amd listen,so i get it right,luv bees,wax lyrical,and,where have all the flowersgone!!!!
mruppert
Posted 7/24/2008 2:43 AM (#7650 - in reply to #7161)

Hello Solarflare:
    Indeed, a ball of confusion, but that's what the world is today, hey hey....lifted from a song.....
     Where have all the flowers gone? In answer, I give you a song called "The Rain, The Park and Other Things" by errr...ahhhh....it was either the Cowsills or the Partridge Family...I don't remember which...because  it was all the same to us. Go get it on the internet......you'll like it!

I saw her sitting in the rain
Raindrops falling on her
She didn't seem to care
She sat there and smiled at me

Then I knew I knew... I knew... I knew... I knew
She could make me happy happy... happy
She could make me very happy
Flowers in her hair (in her hair)
Flowers everywhere (everywhere)

I love the flower girl
Oh I don't know just why; she simply caught my eye
I love the flower girl
She seemed so sweet and kind; she crept into my mind
To my mind... to my mind

I knew I had to say hello hello... hello
She smiled up at me
And she took my hand and we walked through the park alone

And I knew I knew... I knew... I knew... I knew
She had made me happy happy... happy
She had made me very happy

I love the flower girl
Oh I don't know just why; she simply caught my eye
I love the flower girl
She seemed so sweet and kind; she crept into my mind
To my mind ... to my mind

Suddenly, the sun broke through
See the sun
I turned around she was gone
Where did she go
And all I had left was one little flower in my hand

But I knew I knew... I knew... I knew... I knew
She had made me happy happy... happy
She had made me very happy

I love the flower girl
Was she reality or just a dream to me
I love the flower girl
Her love showed me the way to find a sunny day
Sunny day... sunny day... sunny day

I love the flower girl
Was she reality or just a dream to me.

It is you Sunsplash,
Marty and KrazyKats, Luckyleeha, Poppypoopy, and ZizzyGrlll

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 8:04 AM (#7664 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Nice words ... was the Little Flower Girl in MacArthur Park ?! ... or the Windmills of your Mind ... ?!

Aah ... yezzz Beezz. some other posts recently about Bees ... ! the bees-neez
sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 12:32 PM (#7669 - in reply to #7664)

Elite Veteran

Do you know,its not often i get confused,in fact i have much intelligence,when people speak intelligently,and honestly,and not in rhyme or riddle.Today has been one of such.Nice song,if taken in context true,but whats the bees-neez you are refering to,was it not you who spoke of the rarity of bees in britain,in slang,when someone refers to the beesnees,it refers to that person thinking something their not,who would that be then.I am starting to think,instintively,there is an undertone of something not good,do pray tell,or it wil have to be found out by other means.If i think something is amis,and spirit is used as a cover for other innocuous goings on,i can not rest,until i have got to the bottom of it.mmm
MollyB
Posted 7/24/2008 12:43 PM (#7670 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Marty,

I have been listening to that song on and off for the last 3 weeks????????? Now you're here singing it! Hmmmmm......synchronicities abound!

And hello to all! Sorry for the absence....life has been going as it goes, ya know. Hope everyone is well!

MollyB
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/24/2008 2:02 PM (#7674 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

Welcome home Molly!!!!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 3:28 PM (#7682 - in reply to #7669)

PhD Alumni

Sorry no dearest Sunbeam, in my vernacular the Beesknees means, the business, the real deal, as in excellent; I am desperately in these joyous times craving for joyous agreement ...
mruppert
Posted 7/25/2008 10:06 PM (#7719 - in reply to #7670)

Hi all,
MalihaliBee:
     What's funny is I love that song, but I also love such things as VU stuff. I think that "Venus In Furs" is a very tactile, sensual, mystical song; and though I like the lyrics and movement of Heroin, it tries to replicate the experience, not give you the experience. I think the epitome of the Velvet Underground is "Sister Ray".
       We false id'd our way in (as they served the legal alcohol) to the Lamplight, in Greenwich Village, NYC. The sweetish smell to the smokey room was not something that we kids recognized. BUT, there was more to see! They finished their set with "Sister Ray" and Lou did "it" (if you know the context of the song) right on the stage, which probably explains the long interlude of music and pounding beat. Sterling Morrison and John Cale were in fine form; but my hat goes off to probably the ONLY female drummer at that time, Maureen Tucker, who had to play for what seemed to me a lifetime, but was probably a lot longer than the album version which runs about 22 minutes. She did these snare-tom-tom rolls.....she was sweating profusely, breaking sticks, and the crowd was going wild. She brought the song back to it's finale with a very delicate, intricate,  and beautiful roll with the bass drum leading....and then, it was over!
     We went back home to Brooklyn, energized by the White Light, White Heat that we had experienced. And, each of us, was never really quite the same again!!!!

Peace out,
Marty and Tom-Tom Cats, Lucky, Poppy and Sissy....btw, they don't like the song, they find it rather noisy.
mruppert
Posted 7/25/2008 10:25 PM (#7720 - in reply to #7161)

And Helios Eye-rys Girl:
     This Bobby Hebb song was, indeed, written just for you.....
"Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny it is so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
Sunny, thank you for the love you brought my way.
You gave to me your all
Now I feel ten feet tall.
Sunny it is  so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the truth you let me see.
Sunny, thank you for the facts from A to Z.
My life was torn like a wind-blown sand,
And the rock was formed when you held my hand.
Sunny it is so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the smile upon your face.
Sunny, thank you for the gleam that shows its grace.
You're my spark of nature's fire,
You're my sweet complete desire.
Sunny it is so true, I love you."

Peace and Love,
Mr. Muppet and his Henson Cats, LuckyCookie, Poppymonster, and SissyBigBird

Rose
Posted 7/25/2008 10:33 PM (#7721 - in reply to #7642)

Student

This is funny! ARe you telling me that you didn't want to move mruppert? So we are to also continue doing cave drawings here...too funny.

Did partymarty lobby for this? He wanted it to remain the same?

Well where ever the gang is I will stop by and throw in my buzz...

Love and Peace to all of you....
Rose
Posted 7/25/2008 10:34 PM (#7722 - in reply to #7720)

Student

This is great! I love this song.
Rose
Posted 7/25/2008 11:38 PM (#7726 - in reply to #7719)

Student

PartyMarty and the Furrballs. I have something that I posted for you on Starlight....but you weren't there. So I will put it here and I will back in a day or two to read how you tell me how wrong I am..

But I found your post on Dr. Gray very interesting because I really enjoyed and found his work quite useful.

Dr. Gray Men from Mars, Women from Venus...
Marty, I read what you wrote about Dr. Gray, but it's my understanding that he was an ordained
Catholic Monk, so what if he studied from a non-accredited school outside of his accredited studies.
Surely his work is not to be discounted because of that. We have Ivy League financial Gurus that
ran Enron and many other good corporations into the ground but we don't discredit the whole
financial department of any Ivy League because of it.

Dr. Gray has work rooted in great insight and sound basic psychology. I have read a great number
of his books and given that he has such a spiritual background I believe that he was more than a
great authority to write about his topic matter.

Today accredited education (of which I am a student) is not purely based on academia and those who
are the best suited. It's based on "who can afford it". In essence it's much like the olympic riders.
We don't have our best riders out there, we have the ones that were able to get the sponsorships
necessary or who come from rich backgrounds because it cost well over 100,000 dollars just to maintain
the horse and riders needs...etc.

So when we truly look at it those who can afford to play can...and those who can't...well they must
choose a new game or sit it out.

Well I just want to say that I believe Dr. Gray's work is that to be commended and he had workshops
for couples that certainly beats most everything you see today. In a world that promotes "girl and boy toys"
that devalues the moral importance of individuals we need more people like Dr. Gray...and I believe he
wouldn't have made the money he did if he wasn't offering a service that people found useful.

Much Love and Peace you...

Hope to find you here soon..Mruppert.

May peace and love find all who pass this way...
mruppert
Posted 7/26/2008 12:01 AM (#7727 - in reply to #7161)

Yes, Owlyeyes, you got it!
Did you ever notice how some come in with a bang and then extinguish like a burnt candle?
What I have found here is a group of very dedicated people, oftentimes at odds with each other, but just as often in cosmic resonance with each other. I honestly felt that there was a community of like minded souls, and I am glad that I  am allowed to be part of it.  To be blunt, should it have gone to   (what I consider) a "commercial" website, I would have said my goodbyes and never read the beautiful, infuriating, provokative, and sublime words of others ever again.
     Sort of like throwing the metaphysicians to the lions!
     I believe it was Tracy Martin that understood the dynamic of what goes on here, and was our best advocate. All credit goes to her. For, how often can you say that you met a person in the vast universe of the Internet that you know so much about; that you share common experiences? In the contrived world of the Internet, that rarely (truly) happens. But, WE manage to do that, with each other. I am happy to be a part of that "WE".
     The arguments, the stories, the songs, the poetry (and, yes PJ, I am a great fan of Keats) all say that this is a community which would not do well when forced into the general populus. And, that is as it should be.
      We are, indeed, the cave painters. As they sought to touch the Age of Aquarius, so do we. They left their imprint for the few to see, and so do we.

Peace and Love Profound,
Marty and Virgo Cats, Lucky & Popp, and poor Sissy who is a Moon Child
sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 9:57 AM (#7747 - in reply to #7727)

Elite Veteran

ahh mr muppet,thankyou for the song,a song i used to sing,a long time ago,when i had babes in arms.I find song,poetry,music,to be the most spiritual of communicators,"i have a dream",being one,you know,

i have a dream
a fantasy
to helpme cope
with reality
if you see the wonder
of a fairytale
you can face the future
even if you fail
i beleeeive in angels
something good in everthing i see
i beleeeeive in angels
when i know the time is right for me
i,ll cross the stream
i have a dream

maybe not quite right words,but i,m sure someone will know and get the gist of,i feel this song says it all,as so many other great oldies songs do,i.e.turn,turn,turn,for every season,turn turn turn,
there is a reason,turn turn turn turn,and so on,was that the byrds,anyway,i do understand what you said above,nearly all,and for once,twice,maybe even thrice,i agree,i think we sing from the same book,but on a different page.All is good for now,i am not rampaging,just reflecting,haven,t even got a dictionarey! beside me,all things good,love and light,irisxxx
MollyB
Posted 7/26/2008 2:07 PM (#7774 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Hello Marty!

What a beautiful experience! Did you ever hear the story about Jim Morrison and Nico getting into a 'fight' in a fountain? LOL! I would have enjoyed being a spectator at THAT melee!

MollyB

P.S.

I wish that I was born a thousand years ago
I wish that I'd sailed the darkened seas
On a great big clipper ship
Going from this land here to that
In a sailors suit and cap
Away from the big city
Where a man can not be free
Of all of the evils of this town
And of himself, and those around
Oh, and I guess that I just dont know
Oh, and I guess that I just dont know

PPS Thanks for the welcome back Tracey!!!

Edited by MollyB 7/26/2008 2:08 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/26/2008 2:54 PM (#7778 - in reply to #7774)

PhD Alumni

Well now dearest MollyB I think you may notice somewhere back in the mists of recent Board devotions, I also welcomed you back and wished you had had a good trip, ah well, no matter I seem to be assuming a new identity, as befits those of us lost in dream-time, but to the point and the matter, I think, dear

Sunflowerpreciousbeampetalbeam that, as elsewhere on a thread or post a long time back ,it was well established in the annals of documented Board-time that 'turn turn turn, by the Byrds, was from a Peter Seeger song, called, To Every Time there is a Season, which , in its turn, was from the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament, as in, (from memory): ... these are he words of Ecclesiastes, the preacher ... there is nothing new under the sun, all is vanity, vanity, everything has its season - a time to plant, a time to grow .... " etc, and the remaining words are in the popular folk version ( a favourite of dear Lori's, if I recall correctly) ... I only offer these to delineate the attributions and accretions of history and how, we learn and change, yet many things, remains the same (A Led Zeppelin song I think - 'the song remains the same') xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/26/2008 2:54 PM (#7779 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

postscript - such nice poems from everyone/songs
MollyB
Posted 7/26/2008 9:39 PM (#7820 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Hello Paul...

Sorry, I missed it...

The following is for you...not sure why??? Maybe from the Fates? ------

Viva La Vida - Coldplay

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemies eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt, and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can not explain
Once you know there was never, never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world
(Ohhh)

It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People could not believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries Wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

Hear Jerusalem bells are ringings
I know Saint Peter will call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 11:41 PM (#7823 - in reply to #7778)

Elite Veteran

ah yes,where were we,for every season,hey pooh,is it me,or does everthing seem rather odd,like you know,odd,is it just the day,the season,or mewonders,r games being played.Romeo,romeo,werefore art thou romeo,was that right,good huh,for a little un.Ahh,i remember a time,when all was well,and simpe,and straighforward,and not so many ANDS,i was cosy in the forest,i,m going back.okay,my small meanderings for this moment of time,but i will return,with a small vengence,to reinstate ,bb fr nwxxx
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 6:08 AM (#7833 - in reply to #7185)

Regular

QUOTE]Paul Joseph - 7/14/2008 10:16 AM Dear Stillness - there are no such thing as 'disabilities', just different perceptions, or vibrations of ability.

DEAR P.J., Spend a few days in my body and you won't be so sure of yourself. I am sorry old friend but I consider this statement very "patronising". Don't want to hurt you but I had to say it as I call it.

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software