University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Discussion Board for UMS is at StarlightJournal.com
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 7/16/2008 2:57 PM (#7282 - in reply to #7265)
Subject: RE: New Discussion Board for UMS is at StarlightJournal.com

Elite Veteran

ahh,life,as i know it,thankyou,winnie,starlight,my familiar friends,can we three all live in the forest,and become an extinct tribe,we could call ourselves,"the lost tribe of umslingos",we could start a diary of events,starting "A long,long,time ago,in the forest of Pooh,there remained 3 umslingos bears......"can we,can we,are you hearing the umslingo call!!!!love and hugs,sunlingo!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 7/16/2008 3:49 PM (#7288 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

AHAHAHA Oh Iris.. AHAHAHA NOt laughing at you, just smiling out loud with you!!!!! So sweet..!
Rose
Posted 7/16/2008 9:38 PM (#7291 - in reply to #7282)

Student

Sunflower, I love this idea. We will live Green...develop living habitation for every one of our families, everyone has natural resources we can build and generate our own and not live by the leave of "big brother". Wouldn't that be wonderful. Grow our own fresh produce....learn to master the herbs and natural growing things of our surrounding habitation. Learn in a way that helps to support the community but keeps regenerating new resources for future generations. I wonder how long we would be allowed to live peacefully before someone felt they had to meddle.

Like the peaceful monks of Tibet...they just couldn't leave them alone in peace...

Love and Peace to you beautiful Sunflower...
mruppert
Posted 7/16/2008 11:46 PM (#7293 - in reply to #7161)

Hello Felicicat and Sunster:
     Rosey.....don't you realize that what we have done has caused us to have our little time on Earth, but doomed us! We could have survived in the forest, but we have systematically destroyed what keeps that very same forest alive.
     It is not that I am a doomsayer, just the opposite! But, I am an historian and a scientist. My best of all wishes and hopes and dreams is not going to save us....and in weight of all evidences, nothing will save us. We will be the dinosaurs of some future exploration.
     I say this because we are the "blue" planet, the third from our sun, and we will always sustain some form of life. But not that we wish to have.
     In this vast universe, there is most likely NOT another planet that is  blue and third from a star. There is most likely not another us.....there may be some other entities, but they would be so foreign to us that we wouldn't know them even if we saw them.
      With age brings wisdom, or dementia, or both. And, I just might have a touch of the two. But, I am still deeply saddened by the fact that "we" could have done so many things, but we choose to destroy ourselves.

With Peace and Love to all,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/17/2008 3:57 AM (#7300 - in reply to #7282)

PhD Alumni

See you around the watchfires, Sunflower x
sunflower
Posted 7/17/2008 4:16 AM (#7303 - in reply to #7300)

Elite Veteran

hi,i,ll be there,in my leaves of many colours,lovingly cooking a nourishing meal,out of all the food nature lovingly provides for uswhilst you and searching,collect fuel for our warmth,and to light the dark nights.Makng sure we are safe from any intruders who may harm our loving exsistence.I,m not such a great cook,so you musn,t be fussy,our first meal will be umstew,full of goodness,and love,we will sing songs around our camfire,i,ll go first,as my voice is so out of tune,no enemy will not dare come near,then we will sing in harmony,our tribe song,umsolingo,love to you always,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/17/2008 6:21 AM (#7304 - in reply to #7303)

PhD Alumni

Sounds good; you must be a better cook than me !
sunflower
Posted 7/18/2008 6:16 AM (#7350 - in reply to #7304)

Elite Veteran

hi,no,i just read the instructions on the packet,actualy,just thinking of that,isn,t life similar,some just read the instructons,laid down by the maker of the product,apply,and have faith it will work,then get confused when having followed all the instruction,can,t understand why sometimes it turns out wrong,when in fact,if they had true faith and trust in themselves,they could buy the ingredient,or get them from their garden,spend a short time in the quiet thinking what to make,their intent,prepare the ingredents,put them all together,in aloving mindful way,and the resut would be an end product that brings love and nourishment to all,am i makig sense here,cos i know what i mean,but sometimes have trouble writing it down,and putting it across,as i see it in my head.Lordy Lordy,i do go on don,t i,i just get so enthusiastic,and carried away,the child in me again.Oh,how can all this end,okay,love and hugs irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 6:23 AM (#7351 - in reply to #7350)

PhD Alumni

Dear Sunflower

I think you are making sense; equally, there are many paths to the Divine, and sometimes, if we are straying or uncertain or lost, or even if we are saying good stuff, external perspectives can help to clarify .... slightly off that, but coming into my mind is another Shakespeare-ianism, spoken by Hamlet: 'There is a destiny that shapes our ends ... rough hew them how we may' x

Or perhaps, the golden light emanating from creation needs all colour to manifest its true radiance ... before dissolution then, re-volution into darkness and beyond ...
Rose
Posted 7/18/2008 9:59 AM (#7363 - in reply to #7351)

Student

What is that Paul? Is that a ring of fire? I'm referring to your picture.

Love and Peace to you...
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 10:11 AM (#7364 - in reply to #7363)

PhD Alumni

Hello Rose, it is a new planetary system (from 'proofs of God' thread):
[hope you like it!] blessings

http://space.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7564

A spectacular, luminous ring offers the best evidence yet that a nearby star is circled by a newly formed solar system.
The ring is composed of dust particles in orbit around Fomalhaut, a bright star located just 25 light years away in the constellation Pisces Australis – or the Southern Fish. A recent image captured with the Hubble Space Telescope - which makes the system look uncannily like the Great Eye of Sauron from the blockbusting Lord of the Rings trilogy - confirms that Fomalhaut’s ring is curiously offset with respect to the star.
The most likely explanation is that the gravity of one or more unseen planets is dragging the ring askew. The fact that the inner edge of the ring is relatively well-defined adds further weight to the argument because it suggests the unseen planets are sweeping up stray dust within the radius of the ring.
The image was captured by astronomers at the University of California, Berkeley, US, and NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center using Hubble’s coronagraph. This device blocks the glare of a star while gathering the faint reflected light from any surrounding ring.
The new image is the first time Fomalhaut’s ring has been seen in visible light.
sunflower
Posted 7/18/2008 12:08 PM (#7373 - in reply to #7364)

Elite Veteran

oh paul,don,t be so shy and unassuming,everyone knows now,it isTHE ring,the one you have kept for me,for so long,the ring i was waiting for,oh,Lordy Lordy,i am overcome with the vapours,i accept,even the universe has given us its blessing,when shall we announce the date,to all our friends here,it has to be before this site dissappears,so all our friends can be there,they already know its in the forest,maybe we have been a bit careless with our subtle clues to each other,no matter,all are welcome,now paul,we have no need to hide our passion...love to you my pooh bear,love and hugs,soon to be,iris pooh,(maybe i have been called that for a while,haha)luv and hugs,irisxxxx
Rose
Posted 7/18/2008 12:08 PM (#7374 - in reply to #7364)

Student

Wow, now that is cool....I hope they get exploratory pictures of this for our local planetarium, they have a screen that is half domed over a large theater complex. You can view close up, the galaxies, invidivual stars etc and get a realistic idea of their placement.

Thanks for sharing this and blessings to you to Paul.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 5:57 PM (#7377 - in reply to #7374)

PhD Alumni

Thanks so much Rose and Sunflower .. this is such lovely fun indeed the Great Game, the Highest Dance ....

... the Cosmos awaits ....

Blessings
mruppert
Posted 7/18/2008 11:48 PM (#7380 - in reply to #7161)

Hi there all:
     Rosebud might know this song.....PJ and Sunny reminded me of it! It is written and sung by a guy named Billy Thorpe, who played in a band for a while with Rokey Erikson(sp?...too many years....of the "Creature With the Atom Brain" fame). Anyway, Billy's song is called "Children of the Sun" and a damn good song it is, innit? It starts out with "People of the Earth can you hear me?"
      I am going to play it now, for you Sunglasses, but not as loud as I would like, as my neighbors just don't understand!!

Peace signs and Lovebugs,
Marty and Sillycon Cats, Luckster, Poppyaurahead, and Sissyzilla
sunflower
Posted 7/19/2008 4:02 AM (#7385 - in reply to #7380)

Elite Veteran

oh thanyou so much mr muppet,we have our wedding march song paul,"children of the sun",i can hear it from hear,i have tears of joy in my eyes,all are so peased for us,i am dancing with joy,i am singing our umslingo call,dance the dance with me paul,(but don,t stand on my toes)i bruise easily,our babies will be named after the new planets,and stars,we must make plans immediately,the universe awaits,"The Lord of the dance",we are truly blessed,this day i will never forget,i am off to prepare our wedding cake,it will have 7 tier(a bit big i know)but we must celebrate with all the colours of the rainbow,indigo is my favourite colour,maybe if we have our first born a girl,you will agree to call her this!!!!!!hugs and kisses,sunligoxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/19/2008 4:58 AM (#7386 - in reply to #7380)

PhD Alumni

I don't know the Billy Thorpe song, but I know, and you might, the Tyrannosaurus Rex one (: the group, not the extinct creature .... may be misspelt too like Gurdieff, don;t know why i did that - twice too ! Well spotted) ...

... anyhow, for those who might not recall, said Tyrannosaurus Rex became T.Rex, all the time fronted by Marc Bolan, and they did 'Children of Rarn' (think that was it), an early 70s ditty that was very plaintiff, sombre and magical ....

Anyhow, this evoked a little doggerel ditty of my own, which I hope resonates at some level:

We are children of the sun
sons and daughters of Light
billions as One
born to burn bright

xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/19/2008 10:02 AM (#7391 - in reply to #7385)

PhD Alumni

Sacred Marriage is a very ancient key theme in metaphysics ... it is the union of the God and Goddess ... "the source moment that generates and regenerates the world and man" (Joseph Campbell, 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces') ... in alchemy it is, according to Jung, the Mysterium Coniunctonis, the mysterious conjunction at the heart of all things ... where our individual soul dissolves into its dark night, to disperse, then reassemble, as integrated internally, wholly male and female, each of us, such that the symbolic sacred marriage is a perpetual cycle of renewing and healing: each of our unique individual souls becoming whole and united, wholly one with the Eternal Divine.
instinctual
Posted 7/19/2008 11:05 AM (#7421 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

"We are children of the sun
billions as One
born to burn bright"

That is......"brilliant" inside and out.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/19/2008 12:01 PM (#7423 - in reply to #7421)

PhD Alumni

How lovely of you, Lovely Lori, clearly i have difficulties clearing off of here ... I did want to tweak this, just to change the capitalization somewhat so as to make it more technically symmetrical & novel - hence

we are children of the Sun
billions as One
born to burn Bright

... so glad it resonated Lori & like your pun
instinctual
Posted 7/19/2008 4:50 PM (#7448 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

I guess I am full of puns today, among other things ( she says sheepishly )!

sunflower
Posted 7/20/2008 2:20 AM (#7465 - in reply to #7391)

Elite Veteran

hi,i loved the poem,so fitting,i sometimes have troube understanding your words mr pooh,but i try to grasp them,you have much more knowledge than i,and will have to grasp it.One thing that slightly disturbed mewas the reference to Jung,the Mysterium Coniunctions(i had to copy that from your Post,as i couldn,t pronounce it)this sounds like a disease(no disrespect to Jung,or you,but before our marriage takes place,should i have myself checked out by a doctor,i don,t want the "coniunctions",on our big day,i hope you understand,i do trust you,but i need to know where youve been,before the "night",i feel the universe is joining in our fun,and stop flirting with the bridesmaid,it may be tradition,but all that stops here,i don,t want my good friend,soulmate ,catching Coni....whatever.
mruppert
Posted 7/20/2008 3:49 AM (#7471 - in reply to #7385)

It is an "electric" song with plenty of good guitar:

ARTIST: Billy Thorpe
TITLE: Children of the Sun
Lyrics

People of the earth can you hear me
Came a voice from the sky on that magical night
And in the colors of a thousand sunsets
They traveled to the world on a silvery light

The people of the earth stood waiting
Watching as the ships came one by one
Setting fire to the sky as they landed
Carrying to the world children of the sun, children of the sun

All at once came a sound from the inside
Then a beam made of light hit the ground
Everyone felt the sound of their heartbeat
Every man, every woman, every child

They passed the limits of imagination
Through the door to the world of another time
And on the journey of a thousand lifetimes
With the children of the sun, they started to climb

Children of the sun, children of the sun

No more gravity, nothing holding them down
Floating endlessly, as their ship leaves the ground
Through the walls of time, at the speed of light
Fly the crystal ships on their celestial flight, on their celestial flight

Children of the sun, children of the sun...
And now I shall try to attach a sound file, but I dunno if that will work......nope....ain't gonna happen as my cd drive is done for. But, you have good fingers on your hands and with a little tippy-typing will find the song in all it's glory.

It is a shame that Billy and Roky split up, but Roky went on to record "Creature With the Atom Brain" which I played as a young dj on Halloween and got hundreds of calls...and a raise in salary since our listenership zoomed after that fateful night. Yes, I played Bobby "Boris"  Picketts "Monster Mash" twenty times, because the station manager told me to.....but I also played Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" which lite up the phones...amazing as no one had ever heard of him at that time!
      I leave you all with the prophetic vision of an upstate New York group, called New Math, who had their one big song, and this is for you Trace: "They Walk Among You".......oh crappola, I cannot imbed the link...search for it and you will not be disappointed...particularly my message, "we walk among you,and your lucky that we do!"

Peace Profound,
Marty and Felix cats, Luck, Popp, and Sissy
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/20/2008 10:46 AM (#7473 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the fullness Marty ..

... and Sunnny-one you have such a marvellous, playful sense of humour; really lightens the day; though I have to say, that you have to take us as you find us, flirtations and all : all of us are good friends together in this wonderful sweet-shop of the Board xx

(The) God needs to have fun, S/He/They/We have such a lot of serious business to which to attend ... x

and coniunctonis is extremely contagious; its symptoms are called, joy
instinctual
Posted 7/20/2008 11:57 AM (#7477 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Dear me, thanks for such a share of sing song, Marty Man....I at the age of almost 47 have never heard of such people...but my husband's ears perked up ! ahaha He is thoroughly entertained by all of us here-

Iris, my lovely Iris, my kindred spirit, my playful companion...among the many...I understand that contracting 'coniunctions' in addition to the symptom of joy that Rev. Paul mentioned can also be responsible for thought provocation and various levels of hysteria!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software