University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inspired by Joel Goldsmith and Murdo McDonald-Bayne
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Tracy Ann
Posted 7/9/2008 10:36 PM (#6967)
Subject: Inspired by Joel Goldsmith and Murdo McDonald-Bayne

Plz note before reading this that I am not affiliated with any religion and that for the most part my thoughts, ideas and concepts have been chiefly arrived at through firstly the study of metaphysics and various sciences i.e; a degree in a Bachelor of Health Science etc as well as an understanding of many diverse religions, love, truth and God and many of Gods representatives as named in the title of this thread. Secondly I have been led me to dwell within that nameless silent and still place that one arrives at when they go within through meditation or prayer. And honestly...I dont do this enough!!!!!!!!! Big Sighs.

My purpose for doing so is to write a thesis on metaphysical health care in the present day setting.....eventually. This is a practice run lol. I have used examples of western religion being that I am of western origin. Said again...nothing more, nothing less. Why do I want to do this? Because I believe in true love, true health, true living. In a nutshell, I believe in the truth ...enough to be living and constantly striving towards it to the best of my ability and with the understanding I have.

An anology: (I do so love analogies)

My mathematics teacher has given me a sum to do. Try as I might I cannot come up with the right answer – nothing adds up. I am caught up in error. I spend literally hours and hours working out my error – pondering why or trying to understand the error of my ways. However through application of the correct formula I arrive at the truth – I have the answer. The right answer always existed of course but I could not see it, being that I was in error. Now in effect I did not have to create the right answer, as it always existed, I merely had to remove the error and, like magic there you have it.

The question is what happened to the error once I applied the truth? Where did it go? Did it have any true reality or power of its own? I would say it most certainly did whilst I gave power to it by virtue of concentration. However in reality, through application of the truth it disappeared into the nothingness from which it came, having had no power of its own except, of course the power I gave it. The moment I took my attention off it and looked towards the truth I arrived at the correct answer.

The difference between nurses and doctors as we concentrate on health & illness is that, whilst doctors on the whole concentrate on disease - the pathophysiology of the body. We, as nurses focus on health, e.g; focus on the correct formula whilst they concentrate the error. The society of nursing looks towards what makes a person healthy while the medical society concentrates on the dis – ease of the body. Two ends of one spectrum searching for the quickest way to homeostasis or the correct answer.

This is where you say… but the correct answer or in this case (homeostasis) doesn’t always exist, after all we have ppl born with tumours, type 1 diabetics, suffers of MS – the list is endless isn’t it. So in cases like these we search for the truth within the error or more aptly put; we do the best we can with what we’ve got.

Unlike the math analogy you would say; that the truth does not exist here and you would, to all intent and purposes, be right. Even if ppl are physically well there’s always their mental health to consider and yes, spiritual. Sighs…so many health determinates, not to mention the influence of environmental issues such as; how affordable & accessible healthcare is. So true health in this world at this time would almost seem impossible. We have a team of professionals studying health and another team of professionals studying ill- health and yet, even though we have had a lot of successes, we are still…sadly unhealthy in almost all areas of life? How can this be so? Even the World Health Organization accepts disease as being a part of health with their famous statement on health being; “ a state of complete physical mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” Hmmm…note there is no mention of spiritual health. We have not at this point in time (apart from the nursing society) incorporated spiritual health as a necessary component of health determinates.

Are we caught up in error? I think so. Do we have to create good health? Or is it already created like the answer to the maths sum in which all we have to do is discover it or let the truth unfold? Again I think so.

It is obvious at this point in time that the mind and body are only capable of so much. It is evident that as clever as the mind/brain is, it is not capable of bringing to itself ‘perfect health’ or of letting it unfold. Why? I have theories (smiling), however, another place, another time. Do I believe in perfection? Well of course I do and so does everyone else. Its what keeps the human race, racing. That perfect state, that perfect painting, that perfect creation. Its what we all strive for. The act of always becoming.

It is obvious then that we must rise above the mind. Oh my God no…uncharted territory where ‘thought’ has no foothold. What will become of us? The ego quakes lol. We are caught up in our minds/ego/error by identifying with it. By saying the mind is I. I am my mind my body. No! I am a spirit being human. I am a human being a mind and a body. In the bible it says Gods name is “I am”. (Yes yes I know its just a book and symbolic at that, but – like many other books – somewhat profound).

So what treatment then do we employ to bring about … ‘perfect health’?

Joel Goldsmith says to develop a healing consciousness in the following manner:

Again, my cynical friend, it is at this point, I warn you to take all you hear and see (as with any of the 5 senses for that matter lol) with a grain of salt until you have taken it within and discerned it with your sixth sense or whatever you choose to name it through meditation and prayer. Be sure that if you accept this line of reasoning for the time being that it resonates as being the truth of your being, in that it brings you closer to your truth.

Goldsmith. J. (1959). The art of spiritual healing. HarperCollins Publishers. USA.

"Treatment is a technique employed to lift consciousness to such an elevation that a contact with God is established which permits spiritual power to flow into human activity. It is recognition of spiritual truth, the purpose of which is to reveal an already existing state of divine harmony (like the maths error…the truth of the sum already existed). This realization on the part of the person giving treatment reveals the spiritual identity of the one who has asked for healing so that he can be seen as as spiritually is in God’s image and likeness. (The person’s belief in error –believing he is his mind (dual minded creature...good bad sickness health) is what causes disease).

As he has pointed out, anyone who practices spiritual healing must rise above the level of appearances (the senses) –above discords of corporeal sense, of personal sense – to higher places of consciousness where there is no person to be healed and where there is room only for the Spirit of God.

Treatment is necessary only bc a belief of humanhood has become ingrained in individual consciousness. This humanhood, or personal sense, cannot be overcome by trying to be good (or clever) or by trying to think good thoughts, bc any such attempt would merely be a shift from bad humanhood to good humanhood. Such a shift is, of course, desirable, and naturally nearly everybody in the human picture comes eventually to see that human good is better than human evil and desires to be good rather than evil. That, however, is not spiritual demonstration, but only a step forward in human evolution.

Real spiritual progress begins when a person is no longer preoccupied with either human good or evil, health or disease, wealth or poverty, but is able to penetrate beyond these to the Christhood which is his spiritual identity. Through such spiritual vision, that which has heretofore been identified as error, or evil, normally disappears bc it has no part of spiritual consciousness. Jesus demonstrated (demonstration is key) spiritual consciousness again and again. Although he spoke to his followers in terms of their experience – “Martha, thou art …troubled….” – he demonstrated spiritual consciousness which sees beyond the apparent to the real. When we achieve the Christ- consciousness, then we too achieve the single-eyed vision. (Then you can call yourself Something Christ i.e. Tim Christ or Sarah Christ etc…being born of Christ lol and though I jest it is in actual fact pretty close to the truth for a concept).

That maybe hard to grasp, especially when we are engulfed by the vicissitudes of life. But consider for a moment the reason human beings are beset by so many problems. For generations, we have been prodigals, living on our own substance out in the world, not drawing on the Father, but living off one another to such a degree that we have lost the awareness of our true identity. Within us, this Christ, this child of emanation of God, lies dormant, covered over with layers and layers of human beliefs built up throughout the centuries. Human beings have been away from the Father’s house so long that they have forgotten that their parentage is of God.

Knowing the truth, declaring the truth and thinking about the truth are mental processes; they are steps that lead to spiritual discernment. But such mental processes do not heal anything, nor do they bring harmony into individual experience. The purpose of treatment is to lift consciousness to that point where spiritual discernment or realization takes place."

So ...as I have said in this thread and in the one previously discussed..... One must go within through mediation and have the actual experience of Christ. Be with Christ. Once you have - truly have - there will be no “Did I experience this?” “Was that Christ and I as one?”. No there will be none of that. There will be an absolute surety and knowing. It will be the most real experience you have ever had and of that there will be no doubt. If there is a doubt, then you maybe sure you have not experienced Christ. Where there is light there can be no darkness.

Take ppls and keep smiling. Hope to see your contributions........Tracy xx
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/10/2008 4:54 AM (#6973 - in reply to #6967)
Subject: RE: Inspired by Joel Goldsmith and Murdo McDonald-Bayne

PhD Alumni

Haven't heard of Joel Goldsmith in a while !
Tracy Ann
Posted 7/10/2008 6:45 AM (#6977 - in reply to #6973)

Yes hes been around for a while Paul, lol - much like the bible. You can always tell a good author. There work transcends time. Much like Murdo. I guess his concepts reasonate with mine for the time being. Thankyou for your response.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/10/2008 6:55 AM (#6978 - in reply to #6977)

PhD Alumni

My main library is at home, so from memory, was he the one who did, The Gospel of Relativity ? Good book that.

Another one, something like, The Third Peacock

Then might you also know, Ralph Waldo Trine, 'In Tune with the Infinite' ? (even older!)

Shakespeare greatly transcended time, in my book, too.

But the Vedas are the oldest (I think) ... or maybe, The Epic of Gilgamesh (just playing with stories!!)

Back to my court documents ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/10/2008 6:58 AM (#6979 - in reply to #6978)

PhD Alumni

And I feel (or think), that mathematics is one of the 'proofs' of God.
Tracy Ann
Posted 7/10/2008 7:38 AM (#6982 - in reply to #6979)

Oh I can agree with your wholeheartedly here. I love numerology. Smiling.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/10/2008 7:43 AM (#6984 - in reply to #6982)

PhD Alumni

Then check out dear Louise's sites !
Blessings
Paul
Tracy Ann
Posted 7/10/2008 7:46 AM (#6985 - in reply to #6978)

Ty for the recommended reading and in time I will certainly look for them. Like you and your court documents my head is filled with nursing medical media lol. I am also at the point..if this doesnt sound too obnoxious...believe I have found the pearl of great price and am at the fountain (not really drinking the water just quietly lol).....i'e; mediation and prayer - going within that silent stillness that no book no experience on earth can surpass. Knowledge and metaphyical reasoning has lead me here though out my life....etc..blah blah blah...

Smiling at myself bc do I do this enough? No and no and no. lol...Ive taken too many bites out of that apple me thinks lol..wicked girl that I am. Laughing.

I will get there...........truth and happiness will get me in the end. I know it. I have faith. Tis the nature of this here beast. Winks

Right I really do have to go to bed this time. Nite nite
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/10/2008 7:54 AM (#6986 - in reply to #6985)

PhD Alumni

Quite so; just Being is all there is, I guess (but how to hold onto that dream?!).

Sweet dreams.
Tracy Ann
Posted 7/11/2008 8:31 AM (#7028 - in reply to #6986)

God 'being' human - a human being God. Only its not is it. We are more like human thinkings than human beings. We appear to identify with our mind and mind is dual in nature. I was told human means 'the measurer' in Greek (though I dont know for sure) and we do dont we?! We measure everything, judge everything..caught up in the mind and in beliefs.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/11/2008 9:08 AM (#7034 - in reply to #7028)

PhD Alumni

" ... creatures are only God's footprints, but by nature, the soul is patterned after God himself .... Cherish in yourself the birth of God, and with it all goodness and comfort, all rapture, reality, and truth will be yours .... Moreover in this birth you will have a part in the divine stream [that flows into life] .... it is the aim of all God does that the agents of the soul should be redirected inward, toward himself ..." (Meister Eckhart, sermon 2, Collected Sermons, Harper & Row 1941). [nb subst. s/he for he!!]

Eckhart was born in 1260, a German monk who preached the fundamental unity of spirit, stalked by the Inquisition, but died before they could get their hot coals on him !
Tracy Ann
Posted 7/11/2008 9:24 AM (#7035 - in reply to #7034)

You know when you buy a certain make of car you never notice its kind on the road before then lo and behold..the minute you buy it ..you see this make everywhere. Truth is like that. I never noticed how much truth was out there until I 'bought' it so to speak.

The worst thing about ignorance is you dont know you are until you arent ah? How tragic is that lol. I try to bear this im mind when I get on my high horse and waffling my condescending sanctimonious concepts lol.

Before you know it they are yesterdays mana ...and its not that old ideas arent true..just that they have expanded somewhat ......if this makes sense....hmmm..or am I just waffling again lol
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software