University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

July 4th = JAWS
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 7/1/2008 2:03 AM (#6761)
Subject: July 4th = JAWS

Hi all:
     So caught up in tradition, I still do what I used to do when I had so many more people around me than I have today.
     On July 4, many years ago (I think we started in 1976, since we couldn't go to the Bicentennial)  we bought bushels of crabs, and rewatched a movie called JAWS, which came out in 1975.
       The significance of the movie was that the beach opened on July 4, and there was a great big killer shark. Over the years we memorized every single line, much as people do with "The Rocky Horror Show".
        But, everyone who saw it realized that there was a mystical, spiritual, message.....and it ain't about the shark. It was about three men...so aptly portrayed by Roy Scheider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw.
          Over the years each of us has his or her favorite part, and mine is:
Mrs. Kintner:Chief Brody?
Brody:Yes?
[Mrs. Kintner slaps Brody and sobs]
Mrs. Kintner:I just found out, that a girl got killed here last week, and you knewit! You knew there was a shark out there! You knew it was dangerous!But you let people go swimming anyway? You knew all those things! Butstill my boy is dead now. And there's nothing you can do about it. Myboy is dead. I wanted you to know that.
[Mrs. Kintner walks away]
Mayor Vaughn:I'm sorry, Martin. She's wrong.
Brody:No, she's not.

If the kids in the business schools around the world could only learn this lesson in ethics , the world might have turned out a better place.
Howver, even though I share Chief Brody's name, Martin, I most identify with Robert Shaw's character, Quint; the man who met his fate but many years later.
     If you would, watch the movie with me, and let me know your impressions...you all have a standing invitation to do so, and eat some fine Maryland crabs, which are all but gone since our preservation of the Chesapeake Bay hasn't worked and crabs will cost more than a barrel of gasoline (petrol for my fellow Brits),  but I know that it would be very difficult for us all to do so.
      But, watch it anyway...and ask yourselves, what caused one man to become brave?.....what caused one man to question his science?...and what caused one man to succumb to fear?
      Ohhhh...and in the no longer playable original cassette release that I have, not even found on the directors release dvd........Quint says "TIE IT ON HOOPAH <AND BE QUICK ABOUT IT> and Hooper  responds "Don't wait for me" all you will hear and see is the same montage, but without the "and be quick about it" since that is lost in history and time.
     Have some fun on the birthday of our nation (I am in the  USA) and watch the movie!

Peace n' Fulfillment,
Martin and duh duh duh duh duh duh.......Sharp toothed cats,
Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl

Top of the page Bottom of the page
sunflower
Posted 7/1/2008 6:33 AM (#6762 - in reply to #6761)
Subject: RE: July 4th = JAWS

Elite Veteran

hello mr muppet,in my "opinion",we all come into this world a fresh clean canvas,with knowledge already ingrained into us,its how w go about lifes problems,trauma decisions etc,that paints that canvas,and makes us who we are,not always who we should be.The questions you ask,i shal answer without pondering,or thinking,The man who was brave,was always so,he undertood his true self,and the true spirit within him,he i a situation of danger,never even thought "danger",just the instinct to help another soul,an instinct lost in many,the one who questioned his science,listened to much to too many,whothought they knew it all,so he hesitated,as he had been led by other less knowledgeable people.and his faith had been questioned,so he too questioned himself,the one who wasfilled with fear,had listened to all and sundry,taken it all to heart,beleived what others told him,and lost himself in the process,so fear held him back.If we could all carry out the courage of our convictions,without worrying what others thought of us,i.e the true spiritual path,purpose of being here,etc,the world would be a welthier place,spirtiualy.the people would be whole,and their true purpose for being here would be fulfilled,but we listen too much to others who claim to know it all,and therefore beleive they are better than us,because they are learned,or,learn-ed.In fact,its so easy too make money these days,because peple are thirstily searching for the truth,all one need to do is buy one single book on spirituality,expand it as their truth,make people beleive by the use of clever phycology,i.e finding peoples weak spots,and make them beleive theirs is THE right answer,right path,etc,of course,for a price,what a great expanding business that would become,the threads would go from one seed planted,before you know it you have a tree,and then a forest,and so on,nice easy lucra,all from one book,and a will to deceive.Sorry,got carrried away,so the above,is what came to mind from your pos mr muppet,sir,love and light to you my friend,xxx
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/1/2008 6:38 PM (#6767 - in reply to #6761)

Alumni

Merry fourth! 
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 9:47 AM (#6796 - in reply to #6761)

PhD Alumni

I still think it did reprehensible things for the image of sharks & gave license for man's assault on them. Sorry.
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/3/2008 12:35 PM (#6809 - in reply to #6761)

Alumni

Welcome back Paul!

Many cheered for the Shark, recognizing its power and beauty and need, knowing it was a fantasy, and all were actors who were never truly harmed. 
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 2:11 PM (#6827 - in reply to #6809)

PhD Alumni

I am sure that those sharks who have been hunted down, or are now being baited from steel cages, thus attracting them to humans for food, and then get further persecuted because they associate humans with food (hence the increase in shark attacks) will be pleased to know this !!
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/3/2008 2:23 PM (#6829 - in reply to #6761)

Alumni

I apologize Paul. I am aware of the reality of the destruction of species and habitat. It is distressing, disheartening, and outrageous. Helping people to understand and value the web of life is crucial.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 3:29 PM (#6887 - in reply to #6829)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the unnecessary, but wholly accepted, apology; radical forgiveness = nothing happened; but thanks for noting my emotion !!!!

Creation does have a hard time of it just now.

Not our direct evocation. Everything is so difficult to (re)adjust, working from Spirit.

Even killer whales hunt other whales and dolphins in this dimension of ours .... let alone what we do to each other

The web of life indeed .. how we are interconnected (looked for that Ho'oponono post of old earlier, but could not find it)

Site so slow tonight - keeps freezing ... better than the Polar regions are doing .....
Rose
Posted 7/6/2008 6:02 PM (#6905 - in reply to #6761)

Student

Interesting, I did not know that Jaws opened up on July Fourth...Just remember watching them. Nature is fantastic, but it does deserve respect. I was reading the post here about the sharks....

People need to respect the strength and hunting abilities of many animals on land and sea. You know it's the disrespect for them I believe that gets many in trouble. As if, these animals or mammals don't use their cunning abilities or their sharp teeth for what they've been intended for...

Saw two divers cleaning the shark tank just here in the past week. I thought, Wow! I'm sure they feel confortable and have even named all the sharks in the tank, but the first time one snaps and attacks it will be the "BAD SHARK". But that shark was not meant to live in a tank with people floating around scrubbing it's tank with scrubbing bubbles, you know what I mean?

Also there is a pool type display with lots of stingrays and they don't have far to fly to stab someone in the heart if they wanted too. And the first time one does it will be that "vicious stingray", but again they weren't meant to live in a pool exhibit having million of eyes gawking right down on them. You could literally reach in and pet them! You're not supposed too but you could.

I just think that it's important to remember "although they are beautiful to behold, they still deserve their space and respect."

Love and Peace to you all....

Fourth was great! The tradition here was the twilight zone marathon.
mruppert
Posted 7/6/2008 9:18 PM (#6906 - in reply to #6761)

OH YES!!!!!!
     Roseblossum, INDEED, I did the TZ marathon and have many of the tapes. But, they didn't do "A Strange Occurance At Owl Creek" (at least not while I was cognizant enough to know what I was viewing) and I was surprised, as that TZ episode  won several awards; one of which was the nascent Cannes Film Festival....if memory serves me, which it oftentimes doesn't anymore....but, at least an Emmy. Though, I believe I am right about Cannes.
      But, still I say....it ain't about the shark!!
      It is about a lot of other things, the shark being secondary to the plot. Ya gotta listen to the dialogue..what the characters say... to get the gist of it!

Peace and Love to all on this Blue Planet,
Marty and Cats Who Hate Fish, Luckster, Poppster, and the Sissssss
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software