University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

feminine or masculine
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

dottie
Posted 6/28/2008 5:37 PM (#6746)
Subject: feminine or masculine

A couple of my girlfriends and I, a while back, started calling ourselves and each other goddesses. I really didnt think much of it until recently. Just in my personality alone I have a masculine side and a feminine side. What does it actually mean to be a goddess---> a lover, peacemaker, giver, reciever, calm, patient, respectful, a listener, a warrior ? It is really in the eye of the beholder. Now, what is quite interesting is that the opposite of a goddess is a god. A god does infact have the same qualities, just in different strengths.
What does being a goddess mean to you? Or god (dont worry boys i'm not descriminating

Do you think if a women Has a hard time relating with most women, it means that she totally isnt ready to surrender herself. That she is more intouch with her masculine side.
Or if a woman only shows her sexual side to a man that she is afraid to show different dimensions of herself?
(just some words for thought)

One reaon that I am having a hard time coming to terms with this is because this country projects women and men in such distortion. Women are supposed to be size 2, blonde, blue eyed etc. Just putting the pressure on a womans looks alone WILL alter her as a real woman.
And you men.... you are "supposed to" be big, strong, and handsome with no gray or balding hair. Forbid to show emotion. I cant imagine our children or even grown adults finding image more important than character. It makes me sad.

As a 25 yearold, I am understanding beauty in many aspects both in men and women. I will NEVER be a size 2, in fact I am a volumptupous 5 8" brunette with curly hair who will never even fit into a single digit. But you know what I will still rock those size12 better than the"perfect sized super model" Just because I said I am beautiful just the way I am! And as far as men go, there are so many out there that need a "goddess" to show them how beautiful they are that they dont have to be big and buff. That a sensitive, loving, understanding man is a real god!

Men and women need to show eachother their inner workings. They need to be shown the duality of human nature! They need to be shown how to be gods and goddesses!!! I think a good place to start with is praise, and understanding!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rose
Posted 6/28/2008 8:37 PM (#6747 - in reply to #6746)
Subject: RE: feminine or masculine

Student

We are social by nature. It's natural to commune with same sex. When I get together with the girls there's nothing like it, and certainly I relate to women like sisters...girl fun...slumber party....even as adults.

If a woman has a problem relating to other women, I would say that she has a problem relating to herself, parts of her own femininity that are found in other women. She see's things that are parts of herself she has not made peace with or accepted.

Some food for thought...

Love and Peace to you D...
Rose
Posted 6/28/2008 8:54 PM (#6748 - in reply to #6746)

Student

You Know D, I'm reading your post and although all I have is the imagined tone of what I read; my gut feeling is that you are a very warm, open, loving soul and you need a very special man if and when you choose one...if you don't already have one.

You're correct about the image problem that's being force fed to people in this country. How people are placing so much more importance on looks and not character. Yes it's a sad state of affairs when are children are victimized by such propaganda. Yet, just today on the news I learned that the trend of younger men looking for much older women is one that's growing stronger and stronger. The main reason for this is because they are getting fed up with the games that a larger group of younger women are playing and they want women that are stable and know what they want.

Let's look further into what you said about size 2 blonde blue eyes, Just maybe so much emphasis has been placed on this group and so many hearts have been broken by a shallowness that has been made "fashionable". And just maybe if we focus and meditate on bringing character and spirituality back to the forefront we will help to continue the trend and find that women of all ages will be released from the media chains that bind them into this horrific and unhealthy image that many of them achieve by harmful artificial means.

Perhaps, our men will start to feel a stronger movement to what really matters and find that those qualities are the ones that help them to better achieve positive results in life. When someone is so one dimensional as to put all importance on looks and nothing else, what makes anyone think that those values are reserved for one man? It would seem to me that those values are mainly achieved as a way of public advertisement.

You know the Peterson case? The detective that is "thought" to have bumped off his last two wives? He spent a great deal of money on the last one for cosmetic surgery and he said she liked to look good and she liked to look good for other men that was important to her, looking good for other men.

Well there's a problem here on both sides, isn't it? He, in my opinion, had the characteristics of a sexual addict and I don't know if his wife was acting on her "need for male attention". Sounds like she just liked to be admired, but do you see where both of their actions would breed a very unstable atmosphere for a relationship?

Again, it goes back to what you said about putting too much importance on looks and not the qualities that matter. I believe in looking nice, exercising and feeling good about ones self, but it needs to go hand in hand with spiritual growth. Peterson said that they invested $6000 for a boob job. Imagine what $6000 would have gotten each of them in spiritual guidance? What difference would that have made in their relationship? Would they have been working on integrity, commitment and all the other good things. Would it have saved a life? A marriage? Would it have saved a family?

Just some more food for thought

Love your Post D, really made me think...really took me on a journey..

Love and Peace to you.
dottie
Posted 6/28/2008 10:32 PM (#6751 - in reply to #6746)

Well R, I'm glad I made you think!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 11:05 AM (#6799 - in reply to #6751)

PhD Alumni

My take on this is, we reflect the Divine. Immediately though saying that are questions such as, do we reflect, or simply, are we the Divine, or are we sparks of the Divine, as the Kabbala suggests (yearning to burst into the universal flame once more)... and more...? Well, whichever is the answer, it might not make that much difference to what 'sparked' my response , which is, briefly, more briefly than the subject deserves ... my feel is that we are all feminine and masculine. The external & internal differences just reflect different facets of the Divine Beauty, male, female, or transgender. Pinning it down any more than that is like pinning down the butterfly in order to preserve it. OK, a little more - since this has been raised here - then we could go on to envision sexuality as the yearning to experience wholeness through (the illusion of) physical union .....
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/3/2008 12:32 PM (#6808 - in reply to #6746)

Alumni

True beauty is within and it shines with the brilliance of the stars, ask the angels!
This beauty can never be measured by material standards which change according to passing fashions,
or is lost through time and gravity.

I am beautiful! You are beautiful! Life is eternal.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software