University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

uncertain
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

dottie
Posted 6/28/2008 4:11 PM (#6745)
Subject: uncertain

Thought of the day:
I have been pretty uncertain about most things. I have had these thoughts of uncertainty for most of my life; i feel like I am just flyin through life catching anything that may pass my way! This makes decisions, and being proactive very difficult. Its almost like the more you lay back and watch other peoples lives, the more criticism conjures up about 'their' life and moreso your own! Negative uncertainty conjures up fears, doubts, anger, and just a snowball effect of ugly emotions. It can be depressing and crippling. In all, I do believe there is such a thing as positive uncertainty. Thats the part that is difficult to maintain. Positive uncertainty is like washing your hands of all controll! You might be in kansas one minute or you might not, BUT who the hell cares! Is being insecure and fearful of what other people think about you a big part? I feel like If I overcome this that I will consistantly live and look at my life differently! Do you have any ideas on where to start?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rose
Posted 6/28/2008 8:56 PM (#6749 - in reply to #6745)
Subject: RE: uncertain

Student

just focus on what you want, where you want to be, visualize every detail.

Let go.

Meditate.

Love and peace to you.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 9:49 AM (#6797 - in reply to #6749)

PhD Alumni

Socrates was deemed the wisest man int he world because he realized he knew nothing.
Supernatural3
Posted 7/3/2008 10:57 AM (#6798 - in reply to #6745)

PhD Alumni

knowing nothing, is knowing something.... is there a difference?
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 11:09 AM (#6800 - in reply to #6798)

PhD Alumni

Not sure
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/3/2008 12:00 PM (#6803 - in reply to #6745)

Alumni

I have found that in my life, a large amount of my vagueness and uncertainty have been part of the layers that cover over what my passions are. They have been a part of my 'false' identity which protected me from failure, criticism, rejection, and more. For me, learning to be somewhat invisible (because of childhood beliefs) had also kept me from any sense of accomplishment, victory, success, ambition, and hope. Personal empowerment has come as I have moved through the layers of how and what I had identified myself as, to discover the essential energy within me.

We are Light Beings and each of us is here to shine in a special and unique way as part of the incredible harmonious Light show that is our existence together. It is pure joy to discover in our journey our own essence, passion, and life purpose. Underneath all those layers, we are perfect... and we belong here, sharing our love, light, and passion with one another...without fear...without judgment.

Overcoming is the same thing as moving down through the layers and it is a process of unfoldment. It always starts with the realization that we are something more than what we have thought we are, and that there is more to life and existence than our roles. For many it is a path to union with God, self-realization, enlightenment. In the Christian New Testament  "He is the Light which lightens every man." It is a journey within, past the gray lands of doubt and fear, into the shining Heart.

Change your thoughts by choosing what you would love to be thinking about. Raise your emotions to the emotions that you would enjoy feeling and sharing. Your mind and heart is a garden: dig, plant, weed, compost. It gets better. Enjoy!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/4/2008 6:53 AM (#6893 - in reply to #6745)

PhD Alumni

The New Testament also records JC as saying, 'Not my will but Thy will be done'.

However, since the kingdom of Heaven is within (us), as is the Holy Spirit, thus, discerning whether there is any differentiation from the Divine Will may be tricky ... and as we know, Yoga means, yoke, and Islam means, submission (to the DW)

Since I am not a Greek scholar, I may have misparaphrased Socrates, who may have expressed something more along the lines of recognising the limitations of knowledge. So, 'I still dunno' !!
searching
Posted 7/9/2008 12:08 PM (#6949 - in reply to #6745)

Regular

hello Dottie. i work in the oilfield where i solve problems that happen 1 to 3 miles down in a well. few can do it and even fewer want to lol. i have become very good at it and am suprised that i cant even solve the problems in my own life. i have little advise to give due to my own problems, but i can say. if you are looking at how to start solving your problems, you have ALREADY started solving them.

my prayes with you
jerry
instinctual
Posted 7/9/2008 3:48 PM (#6961 - in reply to #6798)

PhD Alumni

I don't feel there is a difference. "knowing", whether it is something, or nothing, still entails the process of knowing.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/10/2008 4:56 AM (#6974 - in reply to #6961)

PhD Alumni

Well - I personally do not feel I 'know' very much !! If I ever do feel I 'know' something, a challenge presents itself to query that within me ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 8:13 AM (#8097 - in reply to #6974)

PhD Alumni

Ruminating retrospectively on this thread (and I think it was Lori who said she liked looking at old threads?!), I often have thought it might be entertaining to put on the poem below, that the thread's discussions kind of reminded me of ... I thought the author was Ogden Nash, but the accreditation seems to be Anon., so, whoever wrote it, apologies for not getting the accreditaiton correct !:
Threadbarely Yours, or Fred Bear: ! Paul

I Sometimes Think

I sometimes think I'd rather crow
And be a rooster than to roost
And be a crow. But I don't know.

A rooster he can roost also,
Which doesn't seem fair when crows can't crow.
Which may help some. But I don't know.

Crows should be glad of one thing, though;
Nobody thinks of eating crow,
While roosters they are good enough
For anyone unless they're tough.

There are lots of tough old roosters, though.
And anyway a crow can't crow,
So maybe roosters stand more show.
It looks that way. But I don't know.

http://www.earlyliterature.ecsd.net/crows.htm

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)