University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Obituary Printed In The London Times
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Aquarius
Posted 6/16/2008 8:33 AM (#6583)
Subject: Obituary Printed In The London Times

UMS Guest

OBITUARY PRINTED IN THE LONDON TIMES

Dear Friends,
We are gathered here today to mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were lost long ago in bureaucratic red tape. However, he will be remembered for a very long time as having introduced into our world some extremely valuable lessons. They were knowing:

When to come in out of the rain;
Why it is that the early bird gets the worm;
That only on the surface of things life isn’t always fair;
Sometimes thinking: ‘Maybe it was all my fault!’

Common Sense lived by simple and sound financial policies, like don't spend more than you can earn, and reliable strategies, like adults, not children, are in charge. 

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place, for example:

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate;
Teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch.

A teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.  Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.  It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. 

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. 

Common Sense was preceded in death by:
His parents: Truth and Trust 
His wife: Discretion
His daughter: Responsibility
His son: Reason 

He is survived by his four stepbrothers:
I Know My Rights 
I Want It Now 
Someone Else Is To Blame 
I'm a Victim 

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 6/16/2008 10:47 AM (#6584 - in reply to #6583)
Subject: RE: Obituary Printed In The London Times

PhD Alumni

Aquarius that is so humorous and in humor lies truth...thank you for posting!
Love to you darling!!!
mruppert
Posted 6/21/2008 2:40 AM (#6654 - in reply to #6583)

Du hast recht, mein gerte fraulein!

Hey Aqua....it may be quite amazing to you, but for the first time in my life, I am going to root for a team other than my fatherland. The quarters in EuroCup2008 have placed the Turks against Deutchland, and based on what I have seen, I think the Turks are deserving of victory.......they won in three matches that they were behind...by sheer determination and "will"...I have forgotten the proper word in my language...a language which you share. How can I not cheer them on? For the Amerikaner it is the desire to see the least expected to actually win!
     As far as the Dutch wooden shoe boys v the Russians...yes, I am going to cheer the Russians on.....they are resilient under pressure and are deserving of the win...since  the Netherlands defeated my beloved Romania. My beloved Romania!!!!
     Though you may not care for any of this, think about the ancestry that is the cause. The Roman Catholics are the only ones that preserve it......it is a major part of our symbology.....'take ye and drink of this, for this is my blood".
     So, dear Watermaiden, I leave you with this...did Judas kiss Jesus to betray him..or did he bite him....to give him the gift of eternal life....so that he might rise up from the grave? Which, by many accounts he did! 

Eternal Peace,
Marty and katzen, Lucky, Poppy, and SissyGirl

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/4/2008 7:36 AM (#6896 - in reply to #6654)

PhD Alumni

Isn't there some maxim or other that says, the funny thing about common sense is its rarity ?

As for Jesus and Judas, the Gospel of Judas and related teachings suggest that Judas was the only one who really understood the esoteric message of Jesus as a spiritual being of light (as we all are), that the cruxifixion had to happen in order for transformation and Reality to be properly perceived and understood, the illusion of this life recognised as the illusion that it is, and that therefore Jesus kissed Judas to signify the instruction and consequent forgiveness that Judas must betray him ...
searching
Posted 7/7/2008 4:01 PM (#6914 - in reply to #6583)

Regular

Hello Aquarius. i was about to find the humor in your post but the reality of what you said is a little scary. commom sense is when one thinks for themselvs and isnt told what to think. so many now days just want to do as there told or are afraid to stand up for what is right. i see it more and more in my line of work. the working man is truly in danger by the greed of the rich. take care my friend.
Rose
Posted 7/7/2008 8:05 PM (#6915 - in reply to #6584)

Student

What a beautiful picture instinctual! I just love your Southwestern pictures. And also found this post humorous and very true! Thanks for sharing

Love and peace to you all...
danny.israel
Posted 7/10/2008 11:41 AM (#6991 - in reply to #6583)

Student

I appreciate that
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software