University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

where have all the flowers gone
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 6/16/2008 1:20 AM (#6577)
Subject: where have all the flowers gone

Elite Veteran

mm lovely song,but inthis case i mean the usual crowd,who have slowly,in some cases quickly disappeared,are they all on a break,or do they just not want to take part,or is it something else/I have to ask,as i am a curious person,and follow my feelings,this site use to be buzzing with spirit,and good things,everyone seemd to love it,and the people,but there seems to be no new subjects,no chats,etc,this is puzzling,maybe the moderators could enlighten me,do people just go like that,it could be said they are busy,mmm,ok but it is a shame for all who were taking part,seemed to gel,that spiritnow,seems to be sadly waning.This of course is just my opinion,so far,so i shall be watching out for the usual.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sunflower
Posted 6/16/2008 4:14 AM (#6581 - in reply to #6577)
Subject: RE: where have all the flowers gone

Elite Veteran

also i notice that a few have commented that they seem to be being ignored at least 4 i know of!!!!
instinctual
Posted 6/16/2008 10:49 AM (#6585 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

Hi Iris and all-
Yes, definite change in energies here...I hope all is well with everyone!
Tracy Martin
Posted 6/16/2008 11:00 AM (#6589 - in reply to #6577)

Alumni

The mysteries of Discussion Board life! It is summer and people are flying off like dandelion seeds, and gathering together like bouquets and spreading their beautiful fragrances in other places. Change is to be expected, the bud flowers, the full bloom explodes with color, the petals fall, all is perfect in its time.

People will come and go, it's alright. No worries, new flowers will appear, even from the same plants. Be patient.
instinctual
Posted 6/16/2008 11:02 AM (#6590 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

Aww Tracy! What a lovely way to view this....Thank you and I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Supernatural3
Posted 6/16/2008 3:37 PM (#6598 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

I have been away for a few days, camping. Then Fathers day picnic with family. I would imagine with summer being here, many will be out doors enjoying nature much more than being indoor.

I will be done with school in just about 3 weeks and I am not going back. Have had it. LOL
So I will have more time, and less stress.

I hope those who are away, are gone for reasons of nature, mingling and sunshine, or moon light. We will see them back....

HUGS to all

MollyB
Posted 6/16/2008 10:15 PM (#6602 - in reply to #6577)

Student

I was on vacation in Indiana and have been working double to get caught up since coming back. All my work is on the computer, so I've just been logging off as soon as I'm done because after hours and hours, a person's eyes begin to cross!!!

On top of that I've got school work, family stuff, new doctor, new fish-baby that I had to nurse through a couple of episodes....whew! I'm tired....
Rose
Posted 6/17/2008 7:38 AM (#6605 - in reply to #6598)

Student

Doc, Father's Day picnic, now that sounds like fun. And Tracy love the imagery in your explanation really brings the picture to life.

Glad to see everyone here!

Love and Peace to you all...
instinctual
Posted 6/17/2008 9:12 PM (#6610 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

We are all still under the same Great Big Sky...
mruppert
Posted 6/18/2008 4:07 AM (#6613 - in reply to #6577)

Hello all friends to me and my cats:
     I cannot visit this sanctuary as often as I like to; nor can I stay forever, which I would really like to do!
     Notwithstanding, do not think for a moment that I don't think about each and every one of you all during the day's tedium and toil.
     I was truthful when I responded to MollyBees "What I Love About You" post......I did have some tears, as I am a Virgo, and contrary to dumb astrologers; most learned ones know that we are the most emotional sign. Just because we hide it doesn't mean that we don't feel it..and feel it moreso than others.
      I cannot write all the time, and I know that I miss the lively discussions that happen. Even those persons fortunate enough to be able respond quickly and frequently, cannot always do so forever....the world changes and life goes on!
       Be that as it may, I have made many spiritual friends, and some have become very dear to me..I will not name names but we have ways of knowing.....the woman who knows "Suspiria" also knows that she can call on me any time for assistance, and I would gladly give all I have to help.
        if ya wanna discuss .....go to the forums..just realize that I can't respond quickly!

Pax Vobiscum,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead, and the SisssssyGirl
sunflower
Posted 6/18/2008 9:51 AM (#6614 - in reply to #6613)

Elite Veteran

mr muppet,my friend,you sound a very nice,caring person,i wish u love and light,irisx
Supernatural3
Posted 6/18/2008 6:10 PM (#6616 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

(((((((((((((A BIG MOOCH))))))))))))))

....And some love to grow your garden strong.
Nefertiti
Posted 6/18/2008 11:30 PM (#6629 - in reply to #6577)

Here too, always reading. Everyone else seems to have it covered well.

Sharing a little sunshine blessings to grow by~
NothingEverything
Posted 6/21/2008 10:37 AM (#6656 - in reply to #6577)

UMS Student

crystanthemum
Louise
Posted 6/21/2008 4:52 PM (#6658 - in reply to #6577)

UMS Student

Dear Sunflower, how nice to be invited in to say hello. It's early Sunday morning in New Zealand - it's dark, windy and rainy for a nice change and i'm enjoying the feeling. I've made a cup of tea and came to UMS to download some courses and thought I'd take a look in the 'garden'. Since we have been using the garden analogy, I'd like to share the following numbers and associated relationship to the garden below:

If you were growing a garden, a number of people with particular personal traits and universal energy would be involved:

1 - New beginnings - number 1 conceives of the idea to have the garden
2 - Nuture & Co-operation - number 2 prepares the ground for the garden
3 - Expansion & Creativity - number 3 plants the seed
4 - Practical & Building Foundation - number 4 waters and weeds
5 - Change & Rebirth - number 5 watches everything sprout
6 - Progress, advancement, harmony - number 6 admires and harvests the crop
7 - Contemplation & Finding Answers - number 7 retreats and analyses the yield
8 - Business & Harvest - number 8 markets the crop
9 - Completes unfinished business - number 9 prepares the land for the next garden

I can't remember the source (so thank you to kind author) but I've used this analogy a lot. I've been retreating and enjoying my solitude and moving through the last of this garden cycle to make way for new things in my life. This forum is nutured by people displaying all of these characteristics some of whom will not be as visible as others, but they are there all the same, nurturing this garden in their silent presence. I am sure as this cycle comes to and end, the land is being prepared as we speak for new beautiful flowers to be conceived and grown...

Louise
x
instinctual
Posted 6/30/2008 10:40 AM (#6756 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

I just love you, Louise

Just lovely, eloquent sweet and true!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 2:52 PM (#6830 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

Weeds are wild flowers that no-one (except me!) wants ... where there are no flowers, there are simply seeds sleeping ....

and isn't Jordyn a real Flower ?!!
instinctual
Posted 7/7/2008 10:57 AM (#6912 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

Hi Paul and All!

Thank you, Jordyn is a flower! A cooing, babbling, smiling happy little flower. For my bachelor's creative project I decided to try my hand at poetry. It is titled "The Tree". During the process, it reminded me that when flowers die, their crunchy, limp and once vibrant petals fall back into the earth, providing it with more nutrients for the birth of newness and ever more wonderment. Old is always an glorious part of new. New will always carry with it the essence of those who have assisted in it's creation. All we need to do is simplify our lives to be able to be a blessed witness to the wonder of nature, to be able to see that we Are the Flowers, we Are the Tree. We have much to learn from it's lesson. It is there for us, every day. The swaying response of a tree to the magical wind, the mulch in autumn giving back to earth it's riches, the solidity of the mountain, the enormous power of the ocean, the opposition to stagnation.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/8/2008 8:19 AM (#6928 - in reply to #6912)

PhD Alumni

Trees are great. Jung in his alchemical writings quotes somewhere someone (Alciati, I think), that 'the Tree is the mirror of our condition' ... some associations from me:

World tree, axis mundi, Yggrdrasil, Tree of Life, Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, Rain Forests, Sherwood Forest, Book of Revelations Tree, the Glastonbury Thorn, Asculeapius' staff, Ents (from Lord of Rings), Christmas Trees, [a wooden Tardis, for Dr Who fans] ...

Good luck with Creation, Instinctual !!
instinctual
Posted 7/8/2008 10:39 AM (#6929 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

Great thoughts everyone- And I cannot help but revisit Louise's post about the numbers- I will cut and paste here:

If you were growing a garden, a number of people with particular personal traits and universal energy would be involved:

1 - New beginnings - number 1 conceives of the idea to have the garden
2 - Nuture & Co-operation - number 2 prepares the ground for the garden
3 - Expansion & Creativity - number 3 plants the seed
4 - Practical & Building Foundation - number 4 waters and weeds
5 - Change & Rebirth - number 5 watches everything sprout
6 - Progress, advancement, harmony - number 6 admires and harvests the crop
7 - Contemplation & Finding Answers - number 7 retreats and analyses the yield
8 - Business & Harvest - number 8 markets the crop
9 - Completes unfinished business - number 9 prepares the land for the next garden

Has anyone attempted to determine which number they are, whether it is our character on these boards, or in our day to day lives?(Same difference, really)-- I would have to define myself loosely as mostly 5 and occasionally 7.

Anyone else?

Enjoy your day!

Supernatural3
Posted 7/9/2008 1:01 AM (#6943 - in reply to #6577)

PhD Alumni

I still think I am a 3, but when it comes to gardening.... my thumb is purple. I am an indoor person, or love swimming or boating. Maybe a beach, but i do not dig in the dirt. I HATE bugs.

I am very imaginative and creative. 3's have always just jumped out at me.

an indoor plant would be better for me. LOL
sunflower
Posted 7/9/2008 2:41 AM (#6945 - in reply to #6929)

Elite Veteran

i can connect from1 to seven,mostly,3 and 7.i contemplate a lot,and enjoy looking for answers,i maybe analyse too much,but feel if it is under control,it is fine,i question a lot,in order to find the answer i feel right for me,my spirit soul,i love all things creative,and love to create myself,i.e. poetry,writing,so on.I am passionate about nature,the sea,and have an affinity with others pain,and have a great desire to heal others hurt,pain,etc.I am also passionate about spirit,feeling protective of such,all in all,i am just me,iris,love and hugs,irisxxx
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software