University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR FATHER'S DAY
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Rose
Posted 6/13/2008 11:04 AM (#6549)
Subject: POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR FATHER'S DAY

Student

Sometimes our Fathers are overlooked and forgotten. I remember hearing once that Hallmark sells something like 300 or 400% percent more Mother's day cards than Father's day cards. Whatever the numbers the message was clearly that we are not paying enough attention to Father's Day.

So for all of you Father's out there who don't hear this often enough: Thank you for being Father's who love and protect, thank you for being great Brothers, Sons and Husbands...etc...

Just thank you for being you.

And know that there are those of us praying, meditating that Peace and Love find you and engulf your very existence.

Have a great Father's Day!

And this includes Father's who may not have children of the Human Kind but those who have Furry and Feathered children of nature, you know who you are. If you've ever spent time Fathering anykind of youngster, caring, feeding, the whole works you are a Father and you're included here as well.

Edited by Rose 6/13/2008 11:05 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 6/13/2008 11:45 AM (#6551 - in reply to #6549)
Subject: RE: POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR FATHER'S DAY

PhD Alumni

What a nice reminder...Thank you Pretty Rose..
ritalong
Posted 6/15/2008 9:02 PM (#6573 - in reply to #6551)

Student

I tried to help make up the gap. I bought 2 for my husband and 1 for my dad and made sure the kids got crards for their dad and grand father. we had a Beautiful day here in PA got all the dads. I hope you had a great day!
Rita
mruppert
Posted 6/21/2008 12:33 AM (#6652 - in reply to #6549)

Hello.....
      It is ONLY because of a teacher and moderator of UMS and this website  that I can say I have some "better" thoughts of my father.
      Called to task, I had to rethink and reevaluate, and I have....
so I wish him the best for where he is!

Sincerely,
Marty, Luck, Popp, and SissssyGirl
Rose
Posted 6/29/2008 7:44 PM (#6753 - in reply to #6652)

Student

Hello Mruppert, I've been trying to think of a cute nickname for you but haven't been successful. Still trying. They are parents and they make mistakes, they are people with human conditions. Sometimes we need to overlook things and forgive.

Father's are so very important to the family unit. I imagine that those who may not have taken the title with the best of intentions, commitment and grace end up very lonely, but I often think of it like this: that was someone's Baby once. Everyone was someone's baby once and they needed love and nurturing. I wouldn't want to be held responsible for treating anyone's baby badly. And although they have grown up or at least the bodies have grown up and old they are still someone's baby. Somewhere on this Earth or Beyond there is a Mother who loved that baby and had high hopes. Someone nurtured that child and still looked upon them as someone who was worthy of love. And sometimes people in our lives may not live up or down to our expectations. But in putting our own egos aside, it's more important to reach down and give whatever little love we may have for that or those individuals; remembering the whole time that a little love goes a long way.

Love and Peace to you M&Marty...well that's sort of cute, get the M&M part? Corny but I'm trying.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software