University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just passing thru,thinking of you
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

aceraven
Posted 6/3/2008 10:32 AM (#6309)
Subject: Just passing thru,thinking of you

Hi to everybody,
Been awhile since I last posted...Been on some wonderful traveling in this world of ours. It's nice to see y,all posting & having some fun. So remember that kids are the key, they know how to be free. The wisdom of women is a big part of this new age of mankind. And men are learning to think first, instead of reacting first. This world might seem in trouble at times, but the glory of mankind is just around the corner, so hang on for one heck of a ride & have some fun, and live in the moment...
your friend, aceraven
Top of the page Bottom of the page
NothingEverything
Posted 6/3/2008 10:36 AM (#6310 - in reply to #6309)
Subject: RE: Just passing thru,thinking of you

UMS Student

Hey Ace,
where did you go in your travels?
I have gypsy fever too.
aceraven
Posted 6/3/2008 11:17 AM (#6312 - in reply to #6309)

Hi nothingeverthing,
Traveling from Colorado to Texas & preparing to head to Rakis in Evergreen, Colorado. That's where people who play live action role playing game called Amtgard. 5 days of battling & feasting. Just go to youtube & punch in Amtgard to get the feel of these wild & crazy events. Come join us & start using that gypsey blood & travel...........aceraven
NothingEverything
Posted 6/3/2008 11:25 AM (#6314 - in reply to #6309)

UMS Student

haha, sounds intense!
I'd love to go!
Tracy Martin
Posted 6/3/2008 11:56 AM (#6320 - in reply to #6309)

Alumni

Hi Ace! We missed you. What you are doing sounds really exciting!
aceraven
Posted 6/3/2008 12:33 PM (#6322 - in reply to #6309)

Hi Tracy,
Just got done with what we call the "Friendship Re-union." This is a circle of friends that I met in 79 & have kept in contact ever since. Now our kids are having kids & this new generation is a blast. Kids like having fun & kept squirting me with squirt guns, with the heat was just so fine. I notice my friends that are doing great in the wealth dept.,are not doing well in the health dept. So far we,ve buried 6 good men to 0 for the ladies. Now back to Colorado for Rakis for some more fun. I have miss hearing from my friends here & having them posting debates, well love to you all & keep on truck'n.....aceraven
Chotuni
Posted 6/3/2008 12:52 PM (#6325 - in reply to #6309)

Regular

Moral tale

This explains why I - and maybe all of us - forward jokes.

A man and his dog were walking along a road.

The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years.

He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble.

At the top of a long hill it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl,

and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate and, as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, could you tell me where we are?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some iced water brought right up.
The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveller asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that

looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveller gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump.'

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.

The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were satisfied, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveller asked..

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveller said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

Soooo...

Sometimes, we wonder why friends keep forwarding jokes to us without writing a word.

Maybe this will explain.

When you are very busy, but still want to keep in touch, guess what you do? You forward jokes.

When you have nothing to say, but still want to keep contact, you forward jokes.

When you have something to say, but don't know what, and don't know how, you forward jokes.

Also to let you know that you are still remembered, you are still important, you are still cared for,

guess what you get?

A forwarded joke.

So, next time if you get a joke, don't think that you've been sent just another forwarded joke,

but that you've been thought of today and your friend on the other end of your computer wanted

to send you a smile.

You are all welcome at my water bowl any time!

hi ace, hope you are still wearing those dancing shoes

Tracy Martin
Posted 6/3/2008 1:03 PM (#6327 - in reply to #6309)

Alumni

I watched the Amtgard video. Wow! What an adventure! Sorcerors and spells and trolls too!
aceraven
Posted 6/3/2008 2:19 PM (#6330 - in reply to #6309)

Hey Chotuni, just goes to show that your best friends aren't always human. That is a great story with a good point. Nice to meet you & I hope to get water from your bowl sometime...Now Tracy, my amtgard name is Baronet Squire Temujin von Raven Kyan the Olde. I belong to the Barony of Darkmoon in Colorado Springs. We are part of the Empire of the Iron Mountains. Rakis is our big event where amtgarders from world wide come to game. So just remember my friends,let that inner child play & watch your world change, have fun in the sun........................your bud, aceraven
Supernatural3
Posted 6/3/2008 3:34 PM (#6338 - in reply to #6309)

PhD Alumni

Welcome back Ace.... was wondering why you dropped off our realm. I guess I cannot blame you, i would opt to travel too.
Do tell.....

aceraven
Posted 6/3/2008 3:50 PM (#6340 - in reply to #6309)

Hey Doc, Hope things are going good for you. I just happen to be at a friends in Texas who has inter-net. Well I just had to check in to see how things are going. Looking good here. Looking to head back to Colorado by the week end. Lots of post since I was last here. Keep it interesting......your traveler in time bud, aceraven...ps: your still dancing on my myspace page...
sunflower
Posted 6/4/2008 1:41 AM (#6348 - in reply to #6309)

Elite Veteran

hi aceraven,lovely to have you back,you have been missed,you may not recocnise my new name of sunflower,so i will say that as trouble was caused,apparently by myself many moons ago,which i still dispute,but have released,i was,well still am debsceleb,but with the fight going on,as it was my deceased daughters name i had included in my name,i thought it unfair that i had unwittingly brought her name in,so i was banned from the site,but i have returned,i know people know me as i was ,still am,but have seemed to accept me,after this,i don,t know,but anyway,welcome back,i remember our chats well,and wish you well,loads of love,and a warm welcome,this family has not been the same,with a son missing,pleased to know you are safe and well,and it feels complete to have you back,love and hugs,iris xx
aceraven
Posted 6/4/2008 9:16 AM (#6356 - in reply to #6309)

Hi Sunflower,
Great news seeing in the group. The power of love is fantastic is it not. I remember you well & always have a place in my heart for you. Well I'll being dropping in now & then cause I love hearing from people on the path....your bud, aceraven
MollyB
Posted 6/4/2008 1:55 PM (#6363 - in reply to #6309)

Student

Hi ace!!!

Missed ya!

MollyB
aceraven
Posted 6/4/2008 2:14 PM (#6364 - in reply to #6309)

Howdy MollyB,
Nice to hear from you. I,m down here in this Texas havin some fun visiting a good friend of mine named Tina. She just happen to have inter-net & hear I am catching up on all my cyber space affairs. Still up there in big foot country?
your traveling bud, aceraven
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software