University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spiritual Workers Association
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 4:00 AM (#5897)
Subject: Spiritual Workers Association

PhD Alumni

I mentioned this in passing to Instinctual the other day - others may be interested. It is UK based, but I think welcomes also international members. The web-site can be found at www.theswa.org.uk. They are a group representing people who work in areas of spirituality & in my brief and early experience of them seem really good & responsive. Quite an important movement just now, since there seems to be a government assault on such things as spiritual healing via new consumer protection legislation which came into force here just yesterday.

Best to everyone
Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page
NothingEverything
Posted 5/27/2008 4:40 AM (#5906 - in reply to #5897)
Subject: RE: Spiritual Workers Association

UMS Student

Im glad that something like this exist, and wonder why it did not already.
Im going to research and ponder.
Thank you Paul!
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 4:52 AM (#5908 - in reply to #5906)

PhD Alumni

Happy to be of service !!
sunflower
Posted 5/27/2008 6:51 AM (#5928 - in reply to #5908)

Elite Veteran

hi aal,have you heard of sound therapy,my brother studied it for 2 years,with bowls,and things,not very good description,ha!ha!,but i have had a few treatments,its very spiritual,and relaxing.He tried to help in the hospitals,offerring his services for free,to very ill patients,children,etc,he had a meeting with the head of hospital governers,but they refused,said it would be of no use,and it couln,t be proved,now that really annoys me,firstly,they are so closed to natural healing,complimentary therapies etc,the patients were keen to try,and this was free,so would cost the hospital nothing,still they refused,time a few saw the light,or are they afraid these things would work,and doctors may feel threatened.mmm,luv hugs irisxx
sunflower
Posted 5/27/2008 6:54 AM (#5929 - in reply to #5928)

Elite Veteran

thats supposed to be all,ha,ha,i,m talking to myself here,hugs all,xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 7:08 AM (#5936 - in reply to #5929)

PhD Alumni

Well I can hear you Sunflower - maybe that is the sound of one hand clapping ?

And yes, i have heard of sound therapy. UMS courses also refer to it; all part of our great vibrationally healing world !

'In the beginning was the Word'

Black Bolt in Marvel comics would not permit himself to speak, because of the power of his voice. It is also a martial art, I believe. And what about Joshua & the Battle of Jericho ?
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 7:09 AM (#5937 - in reply to #5929)

PhD Alumni

Doh ! Freudian slip, me and the web-site together - I meant & corrected this to martial art, not marital art, but each time it went through instantly ! What does that mean ?!!
sunflower
Posted 5/27/2008 9:29 AM (#5945 - in reply to #5937)

Elite Veteran

hi paul,ha!ha!,is that a proposal,,okay being serious,for one moment,yes,when he does the chanting,for each chakra,etc,i have foundit tremendously effective,in fact,more effective than the bowls,its as if the vibrations resonate in the right area,am i making sense,i,m not very good at explaining whats in my mind,but i know what i mean,hope you do,thats the trouble with technology,typing words is not as effective as speaking face to face,with two like minds,the translation seems to get lost,okay before i confuse you,or i,or everyone further,i best leave it at that,love and hugs xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 9:33 AM (#5947 - in reply to #5937)

PhD Alumni

Just caught me before I had to sign off Sunflower - not confusing me at all; sounded fascinating. Do say more, whenever. Hugs to you too xx
instinctual
Posted 5/27/2008 9:51 AM (#5948 - in reply to #5897)

PhD Alumni

Hi Paul, NE, Sunflower and all-
What a great thread- thx for posting! I tried to go to the mentioned site, Paul, and was unable to open it but in a bit I will google it and enter that way. I too, NE am so happy to know that an organization such as this exists and I will also search to see what we have here in the US. Sunflower you are explaining it just right! A few points I want to make on sound, first being- if anyone is a Reiki practitioner, as I recall but this was many moons ago, part of the first attunement involved the Master with a chakra bowl..and that was my first gorgeous experience with sound and it's effects...when I meditate I respond best to sound as my Spirit sort of becomes one with the anticipated rhythms and I just soar.... Also there is "Karuna Reiki" and I do not know if that stems from or is born from the traditional Usui method, but it involves the use of bowls during a Reiki treatment for the client. To become a Master in Karuna is on my to do list which never seems to end Sound is an amazing and simple tool- also in the US, more and more hospitals ( especially on the West coast- less traditional and more experimental and accepting - probably due to Yale and Harvard being on the East Coast) hospitals not only utilize clergy and the like for patient's spiritual needs but have incorporated Reiki into their menu of offerings- also I know of a few surgeons and nurse practitioners who actually request Reiki for their patients pre and post operatively for effective outcomes and pain control, respectively.
Great post and great thoughts on all who contributed-
haha sure Paul, go ahead and blame Freud (laughing)
Love and Peace to all~
Me
sunflower
Posted 5/27/2008 10:04 AM (#5952 - in reply to #5948)

Elite Veteran

hi instintual,NE,paul,thats exactly what i mean,thanks for helping me out,i think this is a lovely warm post,good vibes,makes my day,thanks to all,love and hugsxxiris
instinctual
Posted 5/27/2008 11:59 AM (#5960 - in reply to #5897)

PhD Alumni

Love and hugs to you too, beautiful.

What a nice site. The SWA. For some reason when I Google'd it I was able to get on the site. Most probably operator error

But nonetheless, I joined. It is wonderful, and thank you for bringing this site to light here, P!

Tracy Martin
Posted 5/27/2008 12:48 PM (#5965 - in reply to #5897)

Alumni

http://www.theswa.org.uk/  
instinctual
Posted 5/27/2008 12:54 PM (#5967 - in reply to #5897)

PhD Alumni

Thanks, Tracy-

Appreciated!
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 4:50 PM (#5991 - in reply to #5965)

PhD Alumni

DOH !

Thanks too

I love it when a plan comes together (maybe that should be my catchphrase, though it's probably copyrighted to the A Team, George Peppard, before anybody sues !!)

Anyone notice today how a cigarette company seemed to register on the site? Must be a healthy option.

glad you all like the SWA; i too joined on Saturday. they seem like very nice people too.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 4:52 PM (#5992 - in reply to #5991)

PhD Alumni

DOH again - in last post, by 'the site' i meant UMS; ie earlier today I noticed the welcome new user go to a cigarette company.
Rose
Posted 6/5/2008 9:36 PM (#6391 - in reply to #5897)

Student

So you're saying the government there wants to regulate spiritual healing?

When will it ever cease. When and where is the place where people are allowed to live, secure for themselves what they need, raise their families properly without all this interference and be able to choose their methods of healing without GOVERNMENT interference?
Rose
Posted 6/5/2008 9:42 PM (#6393 - in reply to #5928)

Student

Yes but here in the States if your brother goes in with sound therapy and someone claims that he injured them physically, emotionally, mentally whatever foolishness they make up then they can sue the hospital for allowing him in there.

This is what progressive law has done to medicine. Now doctors must practice and spend millions a year practicing "defensive medicine". Thanks to all the lawsuits no one has the ability to take a chance that could save lives or make a difference. It's really a shame but very true.

I have listened to tapes using pressure points on the body to relief stress and the like, it's called "accupressure". There's so much in the world that people could use to help in their healing. God has given the tools and those endowed must shine the light hopefully the fish will bite for their own good.

Love and Peace to you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software