University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

internet business development
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Louise
Posted 5/25/2008 3:50 PM (#5758 - in reply to #5715)
Subject: RE: internet business development

UMS Student

Thanks Lori - and welcome to Hubster!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 4:05 PM (#5763 - in reply to #5758)

PhD Alumni

Is a Hubster a cross between a Humvi and a Munster ? (joke!)
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 4:06 PM (#5764 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

short inituitive posts, in my expereince, go through quicker than long, reflective ones .. even if misspelt

xxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 4:07 PM (#5765 - in reply to #5764)

PhD Alumni

As did that one
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 5:36 PM (#5771 - in reply to #5680)

PhD Alumni

Dear Lori

Too tired to check out th e other crossover threads, but another poem/song about living/dying (did you know one reason for my fascination for 'poetry' is that the etymogy is derived from the L. , 'to make', ie, creation; there is one creation myth where the world was sung into being ?) ... is

The Rolling Stones

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday .... 'dying all the time, lose your dreams and you might lose your mind, in life unkind'

Dr Michael Conran, the great, but unsung, psychotherapist (of the Winnicott school) of Friern Hospital (where I worked from 1983 - 1992, when it closed, aka, Colney Hatch Lunatic Asylum), always propounded the fundamental & primary importance of the nursing role in patient care, indeed, over and above the doctor's role in therapeutic treatment ... and the more important anything is, the more the tendency to denigrate it ... (Melanie Klein, paraphrased by yours truly)

.............. unfortunately, we seem to live, temporily and temporarily, in the time of denigration. We just have to hang on, by the skin of our teeth, recognising that

Truth is beauty

and beauty is Truth

That is all you know on earth

and all you know of Heaven

(Keats, but I may have it slightly wrong, from memory)
instinctual
Posted 5/25/2008 11:43 PM (#5805 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

Now stuck in my head until at least tomorrow, Good bye Ruby Tuesday. Thanks loads...good thing I dig the song! (smiles )

I think death freaks me out. I can be supportive and provide excellent palliative care, be a pillar of strength for a patient and a family..just not ready to deal with my own mortality yet.

mruppert
Posted 5/26/2008 2:21 AM (#5812 - in reply to #5618)

This post disturbs me a lot.....
     Is this what we really want to have here?
     Don't we have something called Google?  Cannot you guys take it there?
      I have made fun of; mocked;  and challenged one of us who has a very decent website, but she has never promoted herself on these forums except to post what she believes and lives as part of her life.
      When she wrote me back in my native language, which is not English, though I am American, I was flattered! When I wrote back in my feeble way of speaking our native language, I found that I did not have the words.
       She has a very beautiful name, and a nice 'nickname' and she knows how much she means to me. Though I have never told her, she STILL knows!!!!!!

Peace,
Martin und der katzen, Luckylee, Poppyhead, & SissyGirl
Louise
Posted 5/26/2008 3:56 AM (#5818 - in reply to #5618)

UMS Student

let he who is without sin, cast the first stone
x
NothingEverything
Posted 5/26/2008 4:02 AM (#5819 - in reply to #5818)

UMS Student

Louise - 2008-05-27 4:56 PM

let he who is without sin, cast the first stone
x

I would cast the first.
It is to be interpreted individually.
Louise
Posted 5/26/2008 4:17 AM (#5820 - in reply to #5819)

UMS Student

I agree completely NE - as is everything...and as such tolerance is much needed to keep us all sharing our individual interpretations with one another
thank you for sharing..
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 4:59 AM (#5824 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

I think my intuition is failing me...

I apologize if I upset Ruppert, I would not hurt anyone intentionally...not sure what is so disturbing and belongs on Google!

Perhaps I am truly fried and it is obvious...

Goodnight all..sleep well...

instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 5:06 AM (#5825 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

Oh The BONK arrived.

If you are referring to me, Ruppert, I am not promoting anything...just asking questions about how it is done - and personally, I see nothing wrong with sharing our "metaphysical" business ideas and passions with each other, isn't that why this forum is here? Think I needed a tetanus shot before I logged on.

Again, so sorry to have upset you, and I leave while scratching my head...

Nighters
mruppert
Posted 5/26/2008 6:55 AM (#5831 - in reply to #5618)

Oh no....not upset at all, and as a matter of fact, GLAD! If the moderators are allowing the posting of commercial websites, I gotta lot that you all should see! Click and Banner revenue means a lot to them and something for me, as well.
I just was under the impression that advertising commercial websites was not a function of UMS.0
Regards,
Marty and Fiscal Cats
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/26/2008 8:12 AM (#5832 - in reply to #5831)

PhD Alumni

Not sure i understood either. Working out the rules here can take some time, if there are any ! Sorry for any misunderstanding too ... althugh I thought some of this was also for collective guidance - which as can be seen, has then taken us off in different directions x?
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 11:06 AM (#5843 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

Hey Marty et al- seems to me that many have website link(s) in their signature areas - never knew it was a big deal so I will think three times about doing that when mine is launched, IF indeed it is a violation. Another thought, a click on anyone's profile name leads you to a profile page where email addresses and personal websites are able to be placed, so my question is.... What's The Difference? I don't see it as promotion of services for monetary purposes, but again, a sharing of our work with each other.

Because I wear my heart on my sleeve, and because I believe in rules and structure, I guess I want to know if this was a fair TKO. It felt a bit like a kidney punch.

Perhaps we need a ..........................Moderator (Sung to Mamma Mia song )

Thanks for bringing this potential issue to light Marty- let's learn from it.

Tracy Martin
Posted 5/26/2008 1:37 PM (#5852 - in reply to #5618)

Alumni

I am not certain what I am supposed to moderate, Jill step in and explain please! I will look at the rules again. It seems good to help one another with mundane things that support our metaphysical interests, like creating websites.

Anyone is allowed to post a url leading to their website. And, no one is obligated to respond to posts that do not interest them. I would have naturally avoided this particular post, having no expertise in the matter, but, I am checking for problems. I have notified our webmaster about the multiple posts and timing out.

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/26/2008 1:43 PM (#5854 - in reply to #5852)

PhD Alumni

... quite so dearest Tracy , yet it did lead to interesting lnks and connections and telepathies that might not otherwise have come up ? !

mruppert
Posted 5/26/2008 2:36 PM (#5858 - in reply to #5618)

Dearest Intswell:
     I have examined all who responded and have concluded that I must (and heartfelt) wish you every success in your adventures. And, believe me when I say, if what you do has value, I will be your biggest fan and loyal supporter.

Peace n' Love,
Marty and Cautious Cats, Luck,  Popp and Sisssssss
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 2:45 PM (#5859 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

Thank you Marty-rdom - I feel and appreciate your sincerity. Thanks Tracy for the clarification.

Think I will go get more tan in my back yard.

Happy Day, everyone.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/26/2008 4:39 PM (#5872 - in reply to #5859)

PhD Alumni

All's well that ends well.

(ahhh... and a Beatles song .. " and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make" )
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 4:54 PM (#5878 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

I love, adore the rain, in fact- I miss it here in the Sonoran Desert. It really is a primordial soup sort of experience for me....Enjoy your rain....send some this way!

And yes, all is Well, isn't it?

Love Peace and Monkey Grease

Lori
Supernatural3
Posted 5/26/2008 5:18 PM (#5880 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

Ohhh my.... LOL

Signatures are able to have website links on them, because all members have the option not to view them.

Those who do not want to view a signature can go to their control panel and click on the option to not view them.

This option alone lets us to have the choice to place our website links, with out it being a spam issue. We are not cramming them in anyone's face, and they have the option not to view them.

I like to show my websites, while one is personal / commercial, the other is not-for-profit.

This also allow viewers (possible future students) to see that we are indeed doing something with our schooling here are UMS, with out trying to sell anything at all. It may even help someone else decide to specialize in something, due to having help by someone else who does. So basically it shares ideas and lets everyone know who specializes in special things, for help.

The good thing is: Nobody is pushed with advertisement. A weblink as a siggy is not forced advertisement. It's an option. I personally love the option to learn more about people by looking at their links. It lets me see how they represent themselves and many have such great valuable information to share.

Now if someone comes in, creates a thread that just advertises something for themselves, That is considered spam. We all were hit with clicking to read about the new person, and instead, we are targeted for funds, or even persuaded to another school. I find that portion rude. We didn't have an option there.

If someone wants to tell about an event, there isn't a problem with that either, as long as that person participates in other things and their sole intention wasn't to promote their event, never to have anything to do with us.

Other than that, a link in the signature is allowed. But if this bothers a member, please go to control panel and change your settings not to show signatures. It's a great option.

I am in other forums where the signature is chock loaded with graphics, as well as advertisement and if I choose to view them is my own fault. ALSO, one does not have to click on any link.... it's just an option.

I hope this cleared up any misunderstandings.
Be well

Supernatural3
Posted 5/26/2008 5:42 PM (#5881 - in reply to #5618)

PhD Alumni

As far as placing info in the main core of the letter. -There isn't a problem it is a reference to something discussed, or wanting to share information / FYI.

But the minute a link is given for promotion (in the main letter)..... it's spam.

I am not talking about UMS events. This is UMS website and will always share events going on here. I am honestly not sure about other outside events. May have to check with the board, before allowing outside event listings. That may be pushing the line. Not sure. There is a fine line we are talking about.

But I do know if advertisement (other than UMS events) is placed in the main letter, for intent of profit, It will be moved for review, then deleted if found to be spam.

I honestly hope this helps clarify what we consider spam.

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 4:32 AM (#5905 - in reply to #5881)

PhD Alumni

Doh ! I have just posted a thread for the Spiritual Workers Association, which is not-for-profit and designed to promote spiritual work & healing - please forgive that if it comes a cross as spam - it's not !
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 5:03 AM (#5913 - in reply to #5878)

PhD Alumni

In case anyone was wondering why Instinctual referred to rain, it is because my post also mentioned that, it was raining all day here yesterday (in response to Lori returning to her tanning) .. but that seemed to be cut off ... i merely add it here as it seemd to me a nice way to end that post ...
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software