University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SOCIAL MEDICINE.....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Rose
Posted 5/22/2008 12:41 PM (#5587)
Subject: SOCIAL MEDICINE.....

Student

Okay our friends in the UK could add some very interesting insight to this. It's my understanding that social medicine is still in place there.

What are your experiences? Does it work? What's the general feeling from most who are part of social medicine?

What about America? Is social medicine the right direction for us? Or do you think it will be another reason for the government to take money out of our paychecks and not render the services promised?

Very interested in hearing all your thoughts...please let the cognitive juices flow! Don't hold back.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 1:02 PM (#5603 - in reply to #5587)
Subject: RE: SOCIAL MEDICINE.....

PhD Alumni

It's called the NHS; private medicine also exists alongside for those who choose to pay. I need to sign off now but will come back at more length tomorrow, unless anyine else wants to get there first !

'Afternoon;

Adios
Tracy
Posted 5/22/2008 1:08 PM (#5605 - in reply to #5587)

Student

There is an intriguing movie produced by Michael Moore "Sicko" which investigated social medicine in other countries. Mostly the opinions of the people were very positive. I think that it is one of the next steps in the evolution and flowering of human consciousness to provide health care for all. May we continue to head towards a time in human society where compassion, not greed for profit, is our basis for action.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 1:35 PM (#5606 - in reply to #5605)

PhD Alumni

Couldn't keep away, in a lull between activities .. but then - Tracy, is this Tracy, or Tracy ? Or am I getting confused? I see now it does help to know to whom one is speaking

.........as for the point, quite so; though there is dissatsfaction with our NHS. Is this because our expectations are too high, and 'we should be grateful', etc. I do need to come back on this one, not least because I have recently resigned from quite senior NHS role ... (but that might mean I shouldn;t comment .. aargh !!!!)

Come back Asculepius; but did he practice vibrational healing? Was he part of the beginning declline into 'scientific' healing? Is 'scientific' healing all that our age can manage? But did any previous age do better [I suspect they did] Is there where Rose envisaged the the thread going .... ???
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 1:36 PM (#5607 - in reply to #5587)

PhD Alumni

Perhaps the web-site reflects intuitive speed of e-speech - fast writing goes through faster ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 1:37 PM (#5608 - in reply to #5607)

PhD Alumni

... doh, and meant to say, isn't repeated !!!!!!

Foolishly Everyone's

Paul
Rose
Posted 5/23/2008 4:27 PM (#5677 - in reply to #5605)

Student

Thanks for the information Tracy.
Rose
Posted 5/23/2008 4:32 PM (#5678 - in reply to #5606)

Student

Paul, what dissatifaction? What do people there expect of your NHS? And what exactly are they getting?

How do you personally feel about NHS?

Curious, because there's a couple of paths of thought, one being, "Yes we need it and it will help to cure a social ill" and the other "it will only further tax overburdened citizens".

My personal fear is that it opens the door to take more money from citizens paychecks and I fear that the services promised will not be delivered....

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2008 6:42 AM (#5696 - in reply to #5678)

PhD Alumni

Briefly Rose, the NHS is so big that planning and financing have become huge issues, and it has gone from being centrally funded, to local hospital groups setting up what are ermed 'Trusts', then being financed by contracts with doctors (General Practitioners - GPs) and area health groups, called, Primary Care Trusts (PCTS); its a very complicated funding reime designed to enable the 'money to follow the patient'; but management is still a huge issue; as is clinical governance; and the growth in conumser awareness/rights, etc, all create huge stresses on staff too.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2008 6:43 AM (#5697 - in reply to #5696)

PhD Alumni

And as of this weekend the legislative assualt, apparently potentially, on complementary h ealing (see my other post, I'll repeat here if you cannot find it), seems to be a slightly bizarre twist!
Rose
Posted 5/24/2008 7:03 PM (#5712 - in reply to #5697)

Student

Paul, I'm wondering if it saves you money? Do you think you like it better than private medicine? Would you prefer to choose and pay for your own doctor, pay out of pocket? Or would you prefer to see a doctor financed by social funding?

I know I had a girlfriend from England and she loved the fact that she didn't have to pay for her braces. In the states it would have cost her a few thousand....$2500 to $3000.

Curious, if you find the service of social medicine to be complimentary to private practitioners?
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 6:41 PM (#5788 - in reply to #5712)

PhD Alumni

Those who can, take out private insurance too; so we pay through the state system, then as a back up, have private insurance.

Basically, one tries not to get ill ....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software