University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WHY SO MANY YEARS AND STILL NO SOLUTIONS????
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 5/19/2008 6:44 AM (#5483 - in reply to #5460)
Subject: RE: WHY SO MANY YEARS AND STILL NO SOLUTIONS????

Elite Veteran

the spirit divine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/19/2008 6:48 AM (#5484 - in reply to #5483)

PhD Alumni

Aah - good answer .. of course !!
Rose
Posted 5/21/2008 7:11 PM (#5554 - in reply to #5282)

Student

Yes politics has a way of pushing buttons. Also has a way of making me think in new and different ways. Such as....how would I solve this problem.

Mostly I believe that we have two sides of Americans, and two roles in Government. While one side is trying to get something done the other is running defense to try and stop them. Then they pass the ball to the other team and the roles reverse. In the meantime we get tons and tons of papers with new laws, amendments, etc. Most of which we will never know exist until we are defendant or plaintiff in a court house. And most wouldn't be able to understand what they're reading because it's designed to confuse and create the atmosphere that those in the positions are so much more intelligent than the rest of America.

And yet, most of the changes don't represent the popular opinion of the people. It's like a play that keeps repeating itself and it has no end.....it's the same rerun over and over. And the only constants are it's getting tougher to survive for a great deal of people and the quality of life is being depleted.

The only way to transcend such a horrible ride, I believe, is to focus on that which is always rich in experience. That which enriches the people....focus on spiritual matters. Those are long lasting and real.

Love and Peace Ruppert....really enjoyed reading your post.
Rose
Posted 5/21/2008 7:16 PM (#5555 - in reply to #5285)

Student

Yes Paul, this is true. Funny thing, I was just thinking how it's an illusion. Next I was contemplating what is real. And if it's sold to the masses as reality then the masses will respond in kind. If it's understood that it's an illusion then everyone would be set free, wouldn't they?

Love and Peace to you Paul....
Rose
Posted 5/21/2008 7:21 PM (#5557 - in reply to #5292)

Student

Humanity as a whole has not been capable of Peace. We defined War and Peace and we have those that go to war and others that believe in peace.

What if all the people who believe in peace lived on one side of the world and the warmongers lived on the other? I guess it's inevitable that the warmongers would travel to the peacelovers and declare war on them.

A play with no end....

Love and Peace, thanks for the great response Lake Stevens,WA......
Rose
Posted 5/21/2008 7:25 PM (#5559 - in reply to #5311)

Student

I agree with you Tracy. The world does mirror what's inside of us. Have you ever been a relationship of anykind and you experience great peace in your life, and no matter how close you may be to the other person they have discord in their minds, and hearts and it manifests itself in real life?

Yes I believe that the world mirror's what's inside of us....

Love and Peace to you Tracy....
Rose
Posted 5/21/2008 7:28 PM (#5560 - in reply to #5369)

Student

Imagine how quiet and peaceful things would be without so much media getting in the way of human connections.
mruppert
Posted 5/21/2008 9:59 PM (#5561 - in reply to #5218)

Hi all:
     Peejay, BRAVO to you, that is a very moving montage in a little regarded movie. But, I liked it, very much! I think maybe all of us are Spartacus...in some way!
      My fascination, even mission, concerning true healers is simply to separate the wheat from the chafe.
       If it were so (and I wish that it was) that one could take a course and learn the art of healing, we would have a great society. But, it is not TRUE!
        Your centurion did nothing except beseech the help of a man who healed; and thereby, healing was accomplished.

Peace,
Marty and Ailing Cats...Luck, Popp and SissyGurl
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 12:01 PM (#5576 - in reply to #5285)

PhD Alumni

That dear Rose is part of the problem too with organised religion, or any organised anything ... organisation seems to tend to corrupt intention ... the Alcoholics Anon seem to have avoided this by being very loose organisationally ...

I have wondered about mentioning this before, but it seems apt now - not sure if anyone out there besides those of us old fogeys in the UK will have seen or heard of Patrick McGoohan's 1968 TV series The Prisoner ? Though old now, it has, for me, stood the test of time, and influenced such later marvellous series as X Files and, from the UK, Edge of Darkness (soon to be made into a film too). I am happy to say more about it if anyone interested. Its about freedom, in a way, but so much more, as this thread has emerged to be !! Nice one Rose.
Rose
Posted 5/22/2008 12:37 PM (#5585 - in reply to #5576)

Student

Paul, I am an Xfile fan, but I have a fascination with the supernatural. Let me further say, I have a distant fascination with the supernatural. I will look into the prisoner.

I want to hear thoughts about the Farm Bill....has anyone been considering the Farm Bill? I think I will ask in a new Thread.

Let me further explain, distant fascination. I was once reading a book about a legend that had to do with a local Witch of the State of Tennessee. I know a great deal of you may know of that legend they've made a movie about the Bell Witch. Well during the story amongst people who mostly don't believe in Witches, Ghosts etc. I got to the part about how lights in the home would be affected, and how the hauntings would take place. And at that very moment while we were all sitting in the kitchen the lights in the home started to malfunction in a way that was not characteristic of the home. My relatives were so upset at me that they demanded I stopped reading the book, put it down and enough with that topic.
As exciting as ghosthunters may have found this, it was enough for me to be inquisitive from a distance. Some doors are better left closed.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 12:55 PM (#5597 - in reply to #5585)

PhD Alumni

Saw in the paper today that 11 or so alleged 'witches' were burnt to death in Kenya ... so aghast at this .. maybe we should meditate for their souls
Tracy
Posted 5/22/2008 1:03 PM (#5604 - in reply to #5218)

Student

I agree with you Tracy. The world does mirror what's inside of us. Have you ever been a relationship of anykind and you experience great peace in your life, and no matter how close you may be to the other person they have discord in their minds, and hearts and it manifests itself in real life?
Yes I believe that the world mirror's what's inside of us....
Love and Peace to you Tracy....

This is interesting. Of course I have been with people who are involved in their own internal suffering and I have experienced myself as being in peace, openness. This has been the rarer experience for me though as I am more likely being 'triggered' or being reminded of past wounds! But, there is no real separation between us in the larger picture of who we really are. As long as we are human on this planet, we encompass the Light and the Shadow. We are One, united in our essential divine nature and our human nature. So that when others suffer injustice, poverty, suffering, then so do I, because I am Eternal Self looking out through the eyes of the stranger. And when others perpetrate violence and greed, we are One, because I am the Consciousness that is covered over by layers of fear within the other. Even if I have cleansed myself - my thoughts - and I am at peace within myself, I am a small part of the whole.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 1:42 PM (#5609 - in reply to #5604)

PhD Alumni

Dear Rose & Tracy - have you ever come across Jung's 'Undiscovered Self' ? (from his Collected Works) .. when it was published in paperback, the cover was a mirror ...

'war is a game played by idiots that, if their subjects were wise ...' in my book of quotes but not looking at it now ...

... yet, the old idea of the 'Just War'; surely it was not wrong to stand up to Hitler, for example? But then we reduce down to negative physical conflict - anyone see my post about the boys throwing stones at birds, and MollyB's reply ? This is not easy ...
Rose
Posted 5/24/2008 6:16 AM (#5687 - in reply to #5609)

Student

I've studied a bit of Jung, but I can't say I've read the undiscovered self. And yet, I've ventured into a great deal of self discovery.

I'm still reading and trying to get caught up on the conversations that all of you have been posting here. It's so wonderful to grab a cup of tea or coffee and read the free flow of thoughts here.

Hope you're having a wonderful morning!
Rose
Posted 5/24/2008 6:22 AM (#5690 - in reply to #5604)

Student

Tracy, I read what you wrote and it's so clear! It's so absolutely crystal clear. I completely understand what you're saying and feel a familiarity with the experiences you refer too. Sometimes, so much so it hurts inside. Sometimes the experience is real to me I can barely stand to watch or hear of the injustice or tragedy that may be taking place.

I'm glad I had some time to come here and read this because what you wrote struck a cord with me.

Thanks for sharing Tracy,

Love and Peace to you.
Rose
Posted 5/24/2008 6:26 AM (#5692 - in reply to #5597)

Student

How do people exact that much pain upon others? Okay so if they're witches isn't there enough room to exile them? If they don't want them in the village couldn't they simply kick them out to live and thrive on their own?

Perhaps, my idea of resolution is far too Polyanna. Any more thoughts on this?
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2008 6:46 AM (#5698 - in reply to #5687)

PhD Alumni

I think the Jung is in his Collected Works, volume 10, Civilization in Transition; he is basicaly saying similar things psychollogically to what Tracy puts more spiritually.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2008 6:46 AM (#5699 - in reply to #5687)

PhD Alumni

I think the Jung is in his Collected Works, volume 10, Civilization in Transition; he is basically saying similar things psychologically to what Tracy puts more spiritually.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software