University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aleister Crowley's LAM
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

NothingEverything
Posted 5/11/2008 12:09 AM (#5127 - in reply to #5038)
Subject: RE: Aleister Crowley's LAM

UMS Student

Its important to love difference and indifference alike.
Never hold your tongues.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/11/2008 2:50 PM (#5138 - in reply to #5114)

PhD Alumni

Since AC died in 1947, personal knowledge may be tricky. My comments were based in part on his own self-description,and commentaries by a number of writers whose opinions in the field are respected, as well as those who have written abut 20th century spiritual masters and where he is not mentioned; and the fact that I was brought up in a near contemporaneous generation in the UK.

I was offering a cautious warning, in recognition of the undoubted spiritual energy AC possessed. But all roads ultimately lead to enlightenment, one way or another. I will not make any more comments on this thread however, suffice to point out the most recent references to AC, in Daniel Pinchbeck's 2012 (published 2007): 'Aleister Crowley, the self-proclaimed "Great Beast" of modern magic, who apparently entered into a daimonic alliance' (page 158, et seq).
MollyB
Posted 5/12/2008 12:14 PM (#5155 - in reply to #5038)

Student

Hello NothingEverything,

It's interesting...in the 1930's there was a doctor and some friends of his that formed a group called The Contact Commission. They were said to be receiving transmissions from different celestial beings on the topics of religion, philosophy, human origin, etc. Eventually, the resulting papers were all put together and called The Urantia Book.

Here is the website of the foundation if you're interested...

http://www.urantia.org/about.html

I bring this up because it reminded me of the secret chiefs (I believe the beings were called the Ancients of Days). Still, it takes us back to the idea of extraterrestrial beings providing a path to Spirit for us here on earth.

MollyB
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/12/2008 1:56 PM (#5157 - in reply to #5155)

PhD Alumni

Here I am again (note the Yahweh reference, 'I AM'; kind of a play on words, if you will forgive me ..) -breaking my last word [typical]

- ; you may or may not be aware that 'The Ancient of Days' is a painting by William Blake, based on his Biblical visions, and one of the translations of, the sacred name of g-d, from the OT.
MollyB
Posted 5/12/2008 3:16 PM (#5161 - in reply to #5038)

Student

If the origin of The Urantia Book is authentic, the 'transmitters' were actually called the "Ancients of Days" and, I do not believe, a reference to the "Ancient of Days" in the book of Daniel. Unless, perhaps, they wanted to provide a familiar 'name' and a frame of reference for their ideas? Nothing that I know of has ever been brought forth on that subject and if that were the case, would add an interesting polythesiastic (perhaps not a real word, but I tend to make up my own, anyway ) flavor to the mix.
NothingEverything
Posted 5/12/2008 9:36 PM (#5177 - in reply to #5155)

UMS Student

MollyB - 2008-05-13 1:14 AM

Hello NothingEverything,

It's interesting...in the 1930's there was a doctor and some friends of his that formed a group called The Contact Commission. They were said to be receiving transmissions from different celestial beings on the topics of religion, philosophy, human origin, etc. Eventually, the resulting papers were all put together and called The Urantia Book.

Here is the website of the foundation if you're interested...

http://www.urantia.org/about.html

I bring this up because it reminded me of the secret chiefs (I believe the beings were called the Ancients of Days). Still, it takes us back to the idea of extraterrestrial beings providing a path to Spirit for us here on earth.

MollyB

Sweet! thank you, I'm going to go research this now!!
NothingEverything
Posted 5/13/2008 9:45 AM (#5192 - in reply to #5038)

UMS Student

Its a very interesting book!!
I especially enjoyed reading the
detailed story of Jesus.
But, In my intuition, something didn't feel right
when I was reading the book, although, I have no idea
what exactly...
But I definitely encourage others to read it.
And come to there own conclusions.
Especially because its a public domain book!
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/13/2008 12:40 PM (#5196 - in reply to #5192)

PhD Alumni

I did try to find the Urantia book, but only got as far as Amazon, then had to get back to work. So i don't know what they said about Jesus. Will try again. In the meantime:

My own favourite version/interpretation of Jesus derives from the books by Professor Fida Hassnain (a Sufi) - A Search for the Historial Jesus, and/also, Holger Kerstein, Jesus Lived in India - I think I have mentioned them before. There is also a web-site, tombofjesus.net (or maybe, .com?) [but beware there is a rival site posted by fundementalist evangelicals].

I am sure you will havae heard of these; But if you'd like me to expand, i will, but don't want to repeate myself or interpolate on a thread!
sunflower
Posted 5/14/2008 8:07 AM (#5242 - in reply to #5192)

Elite Veteran

old crowley again,i looked at said book,and i felt exactly the same as NE,intuition is a very reliable seeker of truth,instantly,a knowing,as i have said previous,don,t know too much about mr crowley,but he did have certain insight,and intuition,but i think shadows appeared,just my thoughts,who really knows,who will ever know,the real truth,but good debate,enjoyed it,luvx
NothingEverything
Posted 5/14/2008 8:14 AM (#5243 - in reply to #5038)

UMS Student

http://www.urantia.org/detail.html#Titles
this is one of the many places to read the book online.
It belongs to public domain now and can be read freely from many places.
MollyB
Posted 5/14/2008 10:56 AM (#5267 - in reply to #5038)

Student

Hi Sunflower and NothingEverything!

The Urantia Book isn't a work of Aleister's but said to be of celestial origin. Didn't want to mislead anyone on that point.

The odd thing about that book, I've never been able to read the whole thing, just bits and pieces here and there? It's just strange. I thought it was because it was from friends from space and maybe I just wasn't getting into it!? Interesting to hear reactions of 'something doesn't feel right'. I would love to find out what that 'something' is? What I've read has been intriguing and I like the language with which it's written. Maybe the mystery will unfold at a later time?

There's another book I read quite some time ago written by a woman who was exploring alien contact as a means to enlightenment...I cannot remember the name of the book or the name of the author, and it was one of the multitude of books I had to get rid of when I moved across the country so I can't check the info....and this paragraph is absolutely unhelpful, isn't it?!?! LOL! Oh well, a little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

NothingEverything
Posted 5/14/2008 11:07 AM (#5268 - in reply to #5267)

UMS Student

MollyB - 2008-05-15 11:56 PM

Hi Sunflower and NothingEverything!

The Urantia Book isn't a work of Aleister's but said to be of celestial origin. Didn't want to mislead anyone on that point.

The odd thing about that book, I've never been able to read the whole thing, just bits and pieces here and there? It's just strange. I thought it was because it was from friends from space and maybe I just wasn't getting into it!? Interesting to hear reactions of 'something doesn't feel right'. I would love to find out what that 'something' is? What I've read has been intriguing and I like the language with which it's written. Maybe the mystery will unfold at a later time?

There's another book I read quite some time ago written by a woman who was exploring alien contact as a means to enlightenment...I cannot remember the name of the book or the name of the author, and it was one of the multitude of books I had to get rid of when I moved across the country so I can't check the info....and this paragraph is absolutely unhelpful, isn't it?!?! LOL! Oh well, a little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Im interested!!
MollyB
Posted 5/14/2008 11:18 AM (#5270 - in reply to #5038)

Student

Eureka! Found it! I heart the internet, lol!

Sacred Encounters: Spiritual Awakenings During Close Encounters by Dr. Janet Colli

Here is a link to the press release...

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2006/4/emw378209.htm

Lo and behold, she is a practicing Transpersonal Psychologist in Seattle.

Edited by MollyB 5/14/2008 11:22 AM
mruppert
Posted 5/14/2008 11:50 AM (#5275 - in reply to #5038)

Sunstroke:
     You are amazing!
"hi,i creep in quietly on this,not,didn,t mr crowley,alsitair,talk to trees,birds,etc...."

You are one of the few who picked up on my signoff about my kittkats liking birds! 
      Yes, he did talk to birds as I and my cats did. We did not always understand what they answered, try as we might. But, I started with one bird feeder and many squirrels. Quickly moved to  three feeders and literally hundreds of birds, but only my usual bunch of squirrels, and two new additions....Denim and Gaberdine, whom I watched as they grew.
       Being away or neglectfull, the birds and squirrels came up to my kitchen door to ask why there was no seed! I knew then that there was, indeed, magic in the world.
       Legal disputes aside, I found that I did not have the option of buying the grove of old growth trees that was behind my house. I learned that a developer wanted to build two houses behind me. The developer asked me and my neighbor for an easement to construct an access road to the grove, as it was landlocked by us. We told him NO! So, he went two houses down, and got an easement from another person and built a quarter mile long road to get to the grove. A tree removal company was called in to "get rid" of the trees....it had to be a special company since many of these trees were over a hundred feet tall. And, I tell you the truth, as each was cut, I heard a faint cry of pain and despair.
     Looking at barren land, all my squirrels and birds frightened away, I knew then that I would leave that house; that my beloved Isis and I were doomed; and that my life would profoundly change.
     The moral of all of this is....you may well talk to trees and birds, BUT you may not like the response that you hear!

Peace n' More,
Mr. Muppet and sunbathing cats, Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/14/2008 1:36 PM (#5281 - in reply to #5038)

PhD Alumni

Not so much about AC, but forgive that please, just to say, that another synchcronicity is that just today (or yesterday - it was in the papers here today) the Ministry of Defence have released their UFO files ... and, Marty, last night i had some great news, and coincidentally, put out some water for the brids to bathe in -which they have never taken up the offer of before .. and what do you know, suddenly splash splash two of the hugest blackbirds took turns (female first then male - an old timer by his looks) to spruce themselves up for the evening. Like they were helping me celebrate. It was marvellous.
MollyB
Posted 5/14/2008 8:31 PM (#5321 - in reply to #5038)

Student

Today is certainly a day for blessed synchronicity, Paul.
sunflower
Posted 5/15/2008 4:07 AM (#5324 - in reply to #5275)

Elite Veteran

muppet head,you know what,this is true,i felt very sad that the greed of man chose to cut down those trees,for thir own gain,and took what is not theirs,incidentaly,i also beleive trees,flowers etc,DO feel pain when cut,as i said,trees,flowers,etc,heal us ,better than doctors or pills,that kill us,sooooooooo many side affects,etc,thats why drug companies are against holistic healing in general,hospitals,etc,because if we all saw the light,they would be out of a very lucrative busness.Anyway mr muppet,i,ve never heard any unkindess from nature,or sarcasm,only peace and love,if they were to guide me,thought i was doing ,saying something wrong,they would tell me in a kind gentle way,in words of wisdom,therefore i woild listenas they are more wiser and spiritual than i,or any other,just as animals,who run from bad vibes,and return to heal with love.The moral of this story is,love and understanding cost nothing,harsh words,disguised,can cut through the soul like knfe,ask the trees.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/15/2008 8:34 AM (#5343 - in reply to #5275)

PhD Alumni

Synchronicity & prescience continues ... agree with you totally S; but fascinating that I only read this post AFTER I had put down Y for Yggdrasil on the word game thread !!
MollyB
Posted 5/15/2008 12:20 PM (#5366 - in reply to #5038)

Student

Loved your insight, Sunflower! Have you ever read the book "The Secret Life of Plants"? It's fascinating and goes right along with everything you are saying! Love ya!

sunflower
Posted 5/16/2008 1:50 AM (#5389 - in reply to #5366)

Elite Veteran

hi molly,no i,ve never read the book,but will do so,thanks.I,m very passionate about all nature,animals,sometimes,through that passion,i may come across as aggressive,don,t mean to,but as a mother who defends,and protects her children,that is the sort of passion i talk and feel of,luv and hugs x
sunflower
Posted 5/16/2008 1:56 AM (#5391 - in reply to #5366)

Elite Veteran

having trouble with submit button,so it appears i am repeating myself,gremlin in the works,me thinks,wonder if this comes up twice,thrice,then i would be repeating,why am i trying to explain myself,duh,
NothingEverything
Posted 5/16/2008 3:24 AM (#5396 - in reply to #5038)

UMS Student

This has been a great thread for my independent studies!!
Thank you all so much!
I'll contribute again soon.
MollyB
Posted 5/17/2008 11:52 AM (#5448 - in reply to #5038)

Student

Hi Sunny Sunflower!

I LOVE your passion for animals and nature. There is nothing more pure and right to defend, in my estimation!

Love and big hugs!
MollyB
mruppert
Posted 5/18/2008 1:24 AM (#5450 - in reply to #5038)

Hello all and Suneclipse:
     The morning after the first wave of devastation (it took them weeks to cut all the trees), ten deer were in my driveway. I had a pickup truck then, which I parked in the very back of the house on edge of the woods. I started down the circle to the driveway and the deer would not move....they all just stared at me! With accusing eyes!!! I told them.....yes, I spoke the words...to some "dumb, stupid animals", that this is not what I wanted to have happened...that this was done by someone else, and I could not stop it.
     Then they reluctantly wandered off towards I95, a major highway.....but there is a tunnel that goes underneath...and lets out on Elibank Road, directly opposite me, but across I95.
Elibank Road is still, to this day, fairly wooded, as there are only few houses and a Russian Orthodox Church and Cemetary. I fervently hope that they found sanctuary there,  or at least the peace that I could no longer give them.
      And, yes, SunYatSen, the trees cried, and those that sought shelter and comfort and well being amongst those trees cried also....as did I! ALL that I knew changed.

Peace,
Mr. Muppethead and witnesses to the slaughter, Luckylee and Poppyhead;  SissyGirl came well after
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/18/2008 9:32 AM (#5465 - in reply to #5038)

PhD Alumni

Went downstairs on a whim this morning to make another cup of tea (we Brits do that), just in time to hear then see a young looking thrush bang into our kitchen window then stand there breathless on the potted plants. Looking out, saw the neighbours black cat has missed its playtime; and fled, empty mouthed.

that was a very serendipitous cup of tea.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software