University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Aleister Crowley's LAM
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/18/2008 9:35 AM (#5466 - in reply to #5391)
Subject: RE: Aleister Crowley's LAM

PhD Alumni

Congrats. Iris Flower - just noticed you have a purple star !!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sunflower
Posted 5/20/2008 2:19 AM (#5497 - in reply to #5466)

Elite Veteran

mmm,love the colour purple,protetive,do you know what pj,i was thinking about colours,cos i love all colour,i also beleive they are truly healing,but how we humans use colour in our terminology,i.e., when someone is depressed,down,theyv,e got the blues,throat chakra,when they are angry they say i just saw red,base chakra,when someone is jealous,its the green eyed monster,heart,chakra,we,re in the pink,heart again,so on,can,t think of orange,yellow,unless when someones ill they say he looked yelow,don,t know bout that,just an observasion,interesting,well i think so,but as you know,i,m always thinking,lots of it rubbish mainly,ha!ha!,anyway,love and light to you mr paul,luv and hugsx

oh,ps,wonder how many times this goes through,as you mentioned on a previous post,you read my post 4 times,cos thats how many times it came through,gremlin submit,lordy lordy lordy,will she ever shut up,nope,i do love to sit in the quiet,peace my friend.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/20/2008 4:36 AM (#5500 - in reply to #5497)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the colourful illuminations Sunshine - I think many of us occupy our minds with rubbish, hence the Buddha's exhortation to still ourselves and attain the quiet mind ....
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/20/2008 12:56 PM (#5537 - in reply to #5038)

Alumni

The messsage I got at the altar of the Yogananda Retreat Center was 'Get out your head and open your heart.' That's it, that's all. Ahh! Peace!
mruppert
Posted 5/22/2008 12:19 AM (#5566 - in reply to #5038)

But, SunSoltice, PeeJay, and Tracer:
      MY (and I say that as if I could own them, and I could have) trees were cut down. The cries were very real to me, but not to my neighbors, who only were very angry that they were soon to be gone.
      I wanted to keep that area as it was in a very desparate way, but I didn't have the money, at the time, to buy the property from the owner.
       But, that is not my point! My point is that when those trees felled, each and everyone of them told me of my doom....that I would lose my beloved Isis, and that I would have no place in that place ever again!
       When I was forced to sell the house, it was difficult, the market was strong and vibrant...and my humble house was not all that attractive.
        BUT, a couple came in, an American guy and his Japenese wife, and she saw my dining room, with all it's oriental gee-gaws, some of which are of some value....and she fell in the spell....the same that it had for me! When I offered some Sake, I knew that they were going to buy my house. She loved my collection of "lucky cats" (NTET could tell us the Nippon name) and she loved my scrolls and paintings and fans..though the fans were Thai.
         And so, the house that I loved and hated, was sold to them.  I have all of the oriental stuff, and most of the live cats....though GirlySue died on 1/5/2006 at a ripe old age.
         Since I wrote the above, I remember Inky (aka Inkspot) my litttle black cat, who lived to be thirty human years old. And, at thirty, she smelled of death, a smell that I will never forget!!!!!!!!!!

Ramblings of an old man with old cats,
Peace n' Love,
Marty, Lucky and Poppy from the old house, and Sissy, a not so shy youngster.
Tracy
Posted 5/22/2008 12:19 PM (#5582 - in reply to #5038)

Student

In the world things come and go. In essence, who we are, including the sublime beauty of trees and nature all around, cannot be subtracted from or added to. It is most often our attachment and beliefs that cause us mental suffering as we experience gain and loss. We feel distress, compassion for the suffering we see and our hearts are moved to bring healing and solace. This is the world we find ourselves in, an ongoing cyle of birth, growth, decay, and death, creation and destruction.

I hear the trees crying in your heart Martin. All around Nature groans, even as she gives birth again and again. The Oceans flood the land, the tectonic plates scrape and rumble, death comes, and new life. We are eternal beings! We have already experienced the life and death of galaxies! In the essence of who we are , there is great joy in all this coming and going.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 1:00 PM (#5601 - in reply to #5582)

PhD Alumni

Very lovely post Tracy.

Funny thing is, we are having to have our trees heavily trimmed just tomorrow, they have grown so tall (Chothuni please note my crumbling) that the neighbours' light is being blocked. But I have been troubled about the birds nesting. i had thought to post, so you have facilitated this, thanks. Please contemplate on the homeless birds tomorrow (my tomorrow, not sure what it will be for others .... your nightime sleepytime perhaps?!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software