University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metaphysical Word Game
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Supernatural3
Posted 5/23/2008 8:59 AM (#5646 - in reply to #5027)
Subject: RE: Metaphysical Word Game

PhD Alumni

Openness or Open minded- Something everyone must have to delve into our realm at which we all live in.

----------
As far as letting it flow.... PJ, that is what it's all about. I love your comments and everyone's. I got this idea from a different forum as they did it with music, I thought i would do it with metaphysics. We are learning so much from each other right now. The best thing about this way is, we will learn it better, because it's FUN! My only way of learning. In my Jillism, I have found that what isn't fun, caused procrastination. . . . So pop in what ever kick starts the engine and let it run. Marty, Thanks for the compliments... i do live in my own little world. Don't worry, you all are there with me. Last night I dreamed of a place that had three moons, I was trying to shoot a picture, because they were all aligned nearly side by side which was rare, so i kept trying so hard to take a picture and i kept goofing it up. Almost like it didn't WANT me to take a picture. So i thought to myself.... perhaps we are not supposed to be able to prove such things to people who cannot handle it. It is only those who are advanced (like all of us who live metaphysically) that can handle such lucidity with in their minds, knowing perfectly well, we really will be there some day.

OK PJ.... whoops. I accidentally let it flow too. Now if I could only go write my report due for school TODAY (with 4 reputable resources). I have to critique them and keep it written in APA format. Ohhhhh my, i have put it off till last day too. Yet I am in here... with you fine folks. Hmmmmmm, Jillism has kicked in. Think i will go make breakfast now. HA HA HA

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/23/2008 10:10 AM (#5650 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Pyx (a good Scrabble word!): box in which the bread and wine for the Holy Communion/Eucharist are kept (looked this up to check and saw the interesting etymology from the Latin, a small box, and in Greek, puxos, box tree ... so perhaps a link back to that 'old chestnut' , the world tree ?)
Supernatural3
Posted 5/23/2008 3:53 PM (#5674 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Quicken - A term that a vampire uses when he feels the quick heal from the energy surge either feeding or the psychic energy connection of a loved one.

At least that is how I understood it in "Interview with A Vampire" (Ann Rice 1973).
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2008 6:25 AM (#5691 - in reply to #5674)

PhD Alumni

Dear Jill - I vaguely recall (without going to the dictionary), just if you don't think me rude or patronising (my sons always tell me I am), that the early English usage of 'Quick', is being drawn on by the Vampires; ie, 'Quick', used to basically mean, 'alive'; hence, the phrase, 'The quick and the dead', didn't mean those who can run faster; it meant the difference between being alive and dead; just an affirmatory amplification, if that's ok ?! ... also, the Quickening, in the Highlander series ... ok, I better check the etymology hadn't I? [pause whilst going into the library, back now]... which very interestingly tells us, Quick is from Old Norse (ah them again), kvikr, living, which became Old English, cwic (source: Chambers) ...
Supernatural3
Posted 5/25/2008 12:54 AM (#5719 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

It's all good. I think we are still thinking alike.... Because energy of feeling alive would be healing. As well as a rush..... Isn't that what you are talking about? I recall when Armand asked Louis to stay, although Louis said it quickened him, he would have to regretfully decline. He wanted to keep the human feeling, instead of letting go of the last human feeling he had left. Which i take it as it must be love. This can get deep..... ha ha ha. Thanks for making me think. Then again, maybe it is giving up the pain, becoming numb. Losing a loved one is too hard, but he wanted that feeling of pain, so he didn't let Armand Quicken him. Hmmmmmm ????

I move along....

Raphael - one of the Arch Angels AND Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. HA
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 4:56 AM (#5734 - in reply to #5719)

PhD Alumni

[not part of the game but a response to Jill's reflections] ... yes, quite so ... when we are in a powerful emoption that emotion feels like it fills us for that eternal moment; whether it is love, or perhaps too, rage, or hate, or whatever .. could it be that is why we have chosen life, to experience those emotions; and then the recognising them is the spiritual/eternal self, knowing the bigger picture of wholeness. Loss meanwhile, drops us quickly into that ocean of Nothingness, which, if we have not prepared ourselves for it, catches us unawares, and can drown us ... hence the Tibetan Buddhist imperative, to meditate on our own deaths .. and equally the fascination with vampires, who live for ever, yet at huge cost to life itself. Back to the game maybe ..

Sincerity - a virtue.
Rose
Posted 5/25/2008 7:32 AM (#5740 - in reply to #5734)

Student

I believe we're on R....???

Ruach

Spirit, wind.

RUACH: SPIRIT, WIND.
sunflower
Posted 5/25/2008 5:31 PM (#5770 - in reply to #5740)

Elite Veteran

serendipity,i love that word,always have,confession,don,t know exactly what it means,sorry.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 5:41 PM (#5775 - in reply to #5770)

PhD Alumni

How Serendipitous then, dearest Sunbeam ... Serendipity means something like, that I have been thinking of you and that you haven't posted for a while, and whether i should mention that and you help me by posting this and not being sure what it means !! It means exactly that, being in and at the right place at and in the right time for something meaningful to happen; it's a little bit like synchronicity, but in my book, slightly different too. Really good to hear from you

Paul
xxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 5:43 PM (#5777 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Surrender - by surrendering to the Higher Power, we allow Serendipity, Serenity and Sincerity, to become operationalised in our Lives
sunflower
Posted 5/25/2008 5:55 PM (#5779 - in reply to #5775)

Elite Veteran

thankyou paul,lovely to hear from you too,a loving caring soul,i think t is the next letter,so i,ll say thankyou to all my special spiritual friends,love to all,love and hugsxx,iris
ps.i wrote this a few seconds ago,it never showed up,so i,ve written it again,so if its repeated,not my fault,but i really wish it could be sorted,it can,t be just the submit button....
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 6:15 PM (#5782 - in reply to #5779)

PhD Alumni

T still for thanks & love back To you, or Thou, Sunflower, and it only came through once: x
sunflower
Posted 5/25/2008 6:57 PM (#5798 - in reply to #5782)

Elite Veteran

united,as we all should be x
Rose
Posted 5/25/2008 8:16 PM (#5799 - in reply to #5798)

Student

Valley of Tears

A stretch of valley in the northern Golan Heights where an Israeli force of 100 tanks was decimated by the invading Syrian army in 1973. Only seven tanks survived, but they continued to fight. Thanks to similar courage in the southern Golan, the Syrians were routed within four days and nearly 600 Syrian tanks were left in ruins in the Valley of Tears.
mruppert
Posted 5/25/2008 11:22 PM (#5800 - in reply to #5027)

Walachia, aka (by its border with the Alps in Romania) Transylvania. Home of Prince Vlad III, defender of the faith of the Holy Roman Empire, and known in history as Vlad the Impaler. Legendary as the home of Dracul, the "dear one"; and known as the home of the "Travelers".
Come on, folks, when your average age for old is 100, I gotta think that they know something we don't!!!!!!

Peace,
Marty and Vampyre Kats
P.S. In that area of the world, Romanians speak a Romance language, much the same as Spanish, French and Italian...and Latin, it's derivative. They do not understand the Cyrillic languages, never spoke it, and never will. No amount of Russian soldiersĀ  could ever make them abandon the heritage of the Holy Roman Empire.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/26/2008 8:46 AM (#5841 - in reply to #5800)

PhD Alumni

Xiao, or maybe Xaio (I may have that spelt wrong, no offence if anyone corrects me!?) - a Chinese version of the Japanese Shakuhachi, a bamboo flute often used to help focus and still the mind in meditation. The Xaio is notched, the Shakuhachi has a carved sharp edge for blowing across. Hauntingly lovely sound.

(and ps Rose, your reference to Middle East geography is interesting; you and others may know, but in case not, that the Plain of Armageddon referred to in the Bible as being the site of the final Earth conflict is name derived from the plain of Ha Megiddo in Northern Israel)
NothingEverything
Posted 5/27/2008 4:31 AM (#5904 - in reply to #5027)

UMS Student

Im very interested in learning to play one, accually it looks easier than a shakuhachi to play, due to the end not being cut off and only 6 holes, id love to hear it played.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 5:00 AM (#5909 - in reply to #5904)

PhD Alumni

It is easier to play - slightly - but the Shakuhachi has a much more resonant sound - mind you I only have a cheapo Xaio and a very expensive Shax (hand made, signed by its creator, a special being it is too !!) ... the UMS have my playing on a tape somewhere; if I could techonlogise I would send something over to you; let me reflect (I am not the world's greatest exponent, to put it mildly) ...

...you may know, but if not the Shak .. was adopted by the Samurai when their swods were banned, carried in their sleeves for self-defence; given what is happening to spiritual workers in the UK, maybe we should all carry one ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 5:00 AM (#5910 - in reply to #5904)

PhD Alumni

It is easier to play - slightly - but the Shakuhachi has a much more resonant sound - mind you I only have a cheapo Xaio and a very expensive Shax (hand made, signed by its creator, a special being it is too !!) ... the UMS have my playing on a tape somewhere; if I could techonlogise I would send something over to you; let me reflect (I am not the world's greatest exponent, to put it mildly) ...

...you may know, but if not the Shak .. was adopted by the Samurai when their swords were banned, carried in their sleeves for self-defence; given what is happening to spiritual workers in the UK, maybe we should all carry one ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 5:01 AM (#5911 - in reply to #5904)

PhD Alumni

...you may know, but if not the Shak .. was adopted by the Samurai when their swords were banned, carried in their sleeves for self-defence; given what is happening to spiritual workers in the UK, maybe we should all carry one ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 5:01 AM (#5912 - in reply to #5904)

PhD Alumni

NothingEverything
Posted 5/27/2008 5:30 AM (#5920 - in reply to #5027)

UMS Student

haha, My shak is very heavy, its nothing special like what you or my tribunal of sensei had. My main Sensei told me his shakuhachi was over 200 years old and priceless. Mine is a common student shakuhachi. The hardest part about playing Shakuhachi for me is sitting seshin style..Im very tall, 2 meters, and sitting on my legs is murder. After about 3 min I can no longer feel them anyways, but after the session I cant stand up, I dont let them know any of this, but I think they know and probably laugh about it afterwards. I miss their instruction...
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 9:13 AM (#5942 - in reply to #5920)

PhD Alumni

Since I seem to have inadvertently conspired to lead us off track, or off thread here (ah, but do we not learn more by getting lost betimes?!), I shall take it upon myself to get back to the game in hand ...

Y could be for Yearning, as in the mystics' yearning for God, the lover for the Beloved, the heart for the Soul, the yearning in us all that ultimately leads to the Source ...
instinctual
Posted 5/27/2008 10:03 AM (#5951 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Zulu Sangoma bones: African "divination method" promoted by the Katush Motivational & Holistic Centre, in South Africa. The method features herbal "remedies," and its theory posits "Sangomas": links with instructive ancestral spirits.
sunflower
Posted 5/27/2008 10:12 AM (#5953 - in reply to #5951)

Elite Veteran

angels,love them,always at hand when called,theyve helped me many a time,honest,i truly beleive,so love to all the angels around,and a big hug to my guardian angel,luv and hugs to you allxxxiris
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software