University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metaphysical Word Game
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... >
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/14/2008 4:10 PM (#5309 - in reply to #5284)
Subject: RE: Metaphysical Word Game

PhD Alumni

Dear Spntl3 (can I call you something else - do you have a preference ?!x) - when you sau, we 'carry for eternity' - do you mean, we carry our individual soul for the whole (period?) of eternity, or do you mean, we carry it on behalf of eternity, I just wasn;t sure, as either seem potentially different, yet each interesting possibilities !!

-----I am answering in your own post, to not throw off the sequence. LOL I feel it's different for what ever each of us wants to believe, since we really do not know for sure. I feel my energy (soul) stays me, while i may change shapes, my eternal intelligence is always present. I don't know how else to explain the way I see it. I liked how you wrote it too. ~ Supernatural3 (Doc J or Jill works too)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/14/2008 5:13 PM (#5313 - in reply to #5027)

Alumni

Theosophy: belief based on mystical insight into the nature of God and the soul
Supernatural3
Posted 5/14/2008 5:58 PM (#5315 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Unconditional Love - To love with out limits or judgment.
sunflower
Posted 5/15/2008 5:09 AM (#5328 - in reply to #5309)

Elite Veteran

venus,the goddess of love

sorry if i seem to repeat my posts,like pj,submit button
NothingEverything
Posted 5/15/2008 5:52 AM (#5329 - in reply to #5027)

UMS Student

Wu wei (??)- action that is non-action. Exampe: A tree grows, but does so without "doing"
NothingEverything
Posted 5/15/2008 6:04 AM (#5330 - in reply to #5027)

UMS Student

Xenoglossy (from Greek ??????????? - xenoglossia, from ????? - xenos, "foreign" + ?????? - glossa, "tongue, language") is the putative paranormal phenomenon in which a person is able to speak a language that he or she could not have acquired by natural means.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/15/2008 8:22 AM (#5339 - in reply to #5330)

PhD Alumni

Yggdrasil - the World-Ash Tree of the Norse peoples (and a loving resonance thus with Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge of earlier posts/threads!) ... the world nestles in Your branches, and the Great God Odin crucified himself on You, for three days and nights, a sacrifice of himself to himself ... and a reminder of our dependance on nature ....
MollyB
Posted 5/15/2008 12:31 PM (#5368 - in reply to #5027)

Student

ZOROASTER
c.630 - c.550 BC
Persian Prophet
Zoroaster, also called Zarathustra, was an ancient Persian prophet who founded the first world religion - Zoroastrianism.

Details courtesy of http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/people_n2/persons1_n2/zoroast...
MollyB
Posted 5/17/2008 11:48 AM (#5447 - in reply to #5027)

Student

Alien - a being of extraterrestrial origin.
mruppert
Posted 5/18/2008 1:49 AM (#5451 - in reply to #5027)

Bastet (aka Bast) who fictionally is equated with the Goddess of Eternal Life, see "The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde" and in later Egyptology is called the Lioness of War, but who, as we Rosicrucians know, is the Goddess of Home.......and that is SO TRUE!
Where he goes, we go, but he doesn't go anywhere but here!!!!!
Luckylee, Poppypapyrushead and SissssyGirl and our servant, Marty
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/18/2008 4:29 AM (#5462 - in reply to #5451)

PhD Alumni

Cryptozoology (spelling may be wrong, unchecked) - the metaphysical/paranormal study of possibly mythical beasts and/or unexplained sightings of such like.
Supernatural3
Posted 5/18/2008 12:46 PM (#5467 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Druid - a member of the priestly and learned class in the pre-Christian, ancient Celtic societies. These societies existed through much of Western Europe, Britain and Ireland, until they were supplanted by the Roman government and, later, the arrival of Christianity. Druids were part of the cultures of the tribal peoples who were called "Keltoi" (??????) or "Keltai" (??????) and "Galatai" (???????) by the Greeks and "Celtae" and "Galli" by the Romans. These words evolved into the modern English terms "Celtic", "Gaulish", and "Galatian". In the communities they served, druids combined the duties of priest, arbitrator, healer, scholar, and magistrate. Both men and women served as druids.
sunflower
Posted 5/19/2008 6:07 AM (#5482 - in reply to #5451)

Elite Veteran

eternity, a place we all go,when our purpose here on this earthplane,is fulfilled.a going home.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/19/2008 4:45 PM (#5495 - in reply to #5482)

PhD Alumni

Fenrir (one for Jill perhaps?): or, as it used to say in the old Thor Marvel Comics, the Fenris Wolf (one for Marty maybe?): the Norse Gods wolf-son of Loki & a giantess .. chained to a rock till Ragnarok (Doomsday) when he will break free and swallow the sun and Odin.

Faery: for Iris, the other-world in our midst of fairies, goblins, dragons, elves and heroes (and Midsummer Nights Dream, olde WS)

Falun Gong (NE - a long shot, but as near as i could quickly get; Chinese development of Qi Gong; protestors here ourside the Chinese embassy in Great Portland Street); maybe otherwise, Five Rings, the Book of - a Warrior's Book

Full Fathom Five (from, i thiink, The Tempest): for MollyB, why, i do not know

Eeyore : for Instinctual, because learning to spell might mean we are not yet Six (a Winnie the Pooh joke)

Frodo: for Chothuni because we havent heard from you for so long you must be on a quest.

Forest: for Rose, because of your love of nature & the Earth

Freshair: for Stillness, as a welcome

Five for Louise, in numerological, Pentacular aspiration ...

Gaia : for Tracy, because i have run out of F's and thought of you !

(Hope noone is offended or exclued; any offense non deliberate and will be rectified as best as i am able !!)

Supernatural3
Posted 5/20/2008 11:44 AM (#5533 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Hemp - (from Old English h├Žnep, see cannabis (etymology)) is the common name for plants of the entire family of Cannabis, although the term is often used to refer only to Cannabis strains cultivated for industrial (non-drug) use. Hemp is cultivated virtually everywhere in the world except for the United States, and its cultivation in western countries is growing steadily. For example, Canadian Hempseed exports surged 300% last year. China and other eastern countries never prohibited its cultivation and use it extensively.

Industrial hemp has thousands of uses, including paper, textiles, biodegradable plastics, health food, and fuel, but it has not been the great commercial success that the enthusiast hoped for. It is one of the fastest growing biomasses on the planet, and one of the earliest domesticated plants known. It also runs parallel with the "Green Future" objectives that are becoming increasingly popular. Hemp requires little to no pesticides, replenishes soil with nutrients and nitrogen, controls erosion of the topsoil, and produces a lot of oxygen, considering how fast it grows. Furthermore, Hemp could be used to replace many potentially harmful products, such as tree paper (the processing of which uses bleaches and other toxic chemicals, and contributes to deforestation), cosmetics (which often contain synthetic oils that can clog pores and provide little nutritional content for the skin), and plastics (which are petroleum based and cannot decompose).

MollyB
Posted 5/20/2008 11:47 AM (#5534 - in reply to #5027)

Student

I think I might know why, Paul. Actually a multitude of synchronistic correspondences there for me. Thank you. =)

Homeopathy - Vibrational medicine that works on the energetic bodies to heal physical ailments.
MollyB
Posted 5/20/2008 11:50 AM (#5535 - in reply to #5027)

Student

LOL....posted nearly at the same time...let's see...

Iolite - The 'Shaman's Stone"
Supernatural3
Posted 5/20/2008 1:58 PM (#5538 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Well, i would say:

Jillism: since it's my own little metaphysical realm..... ha ha ha

BUT, I will have to say:

JADE - The stone of fidelity

Chakra: Heart

Stone of: Libra, Aries, Gemini, Taurus

Archangel Raphael, Archangel of healing and love. Will help bring healing and serenity to your life.

Vibrates to the number 11
Color:

Green: The color of Healing and Hope

A variety of colors, the most popular being green or white.

Element: Water
Keywords:

Good luck stone, prosperity, deep wisdom, compassion, peace, balancing of male/female energies, courage, wisdom, justice, mercy, emotional balance, stamina, love, fidelity, humility, generosity, peace, harmony, longevity, fertility, serenity, wisdom, practicality, tranquility, balance, peace, harmony, moderation, perspective, equilibrium and stability, knowledge, compassion, wealth

Metaphysical Properties:

This gem stone is the ultimate symbol of calm and serenity. It helps bring serenity to the mind by releasing negative thoughts. A stone of balance and healing, it alleviates anxiety and fear based emotions. Vibrates in harmony with the Heart Chakra unlike any other stone. Opens up the heart Chakra to love energy .

Source: http://www.gemstonegifts.com/stones/jade.htm
mruppert
Posted 5/21/2008 11:15 PM (#5565 - in reply to #5027)

If I read it right, we missed G but I will forge ahead.....from Jillism....which I kinda like...as there is so much Jillism that it becomes a philosophy.....litttle do you know Jilly, that what you write on the Internet has a life that will far exceed ours.
K--------Kells, the Book of.......a magnificent book of the gospel, Saxon-Celtic influence, which the Roman Catholic Church does not want anyone to read. Why? Because it reveals the "spiritual" nature of the faith, mystical and supernatural...and the Pope doesn't like that at all.....

Pax Vobiscum,
Marty and Latin cats, Luckylus, Poppylus, and Sissylus
sunflower
Posted 5/22/2008 2:59 AM (#5571 - in reply to #5565)

Elite Veteran

Love,much needed,but greatly misunderstood
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 11:54 AM (#5572 - in reply to #5565)

PhD Alumni

Marty - I spolied the game by going a bit wild with F the other evening; assoications just spilled out and I went with them (in honour, largely, of MollyB's 'Things I love about you'; but by the time I got to Tracy, I had run out of F's and dropped in Gaia ...sorry to confuse

... and sorry too in my latenight ramblings I only dropped onto those who had posted lately or that came to mind, so, no offence, I realized after that I had missed out John W. Kelly, Ongoingbattle, Cause, Aquarius ... that's the problem when the flow comes, it does its own thing;
instinctual
Posted 5/22/2008 4:13 PM (#5621 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

PJ you are totally cool and really sweet!

Not sure if you used Marty as the metaphysical M word ( which, would be totally appropriate and valid, of course So, I will go ahead and skip to N-

Nadi Sutra Kriya: Purportedly, a way of touching marmas to stimulate them and create a "balancing effect." (Marmas being channels that regulate the flow of information, nutrients, and toxins throughout the body according to the Ayurveda philosophy
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/22/2008 5:06 PM (#5632 - in reply to #5621)

PhD Alumni

Dearest Lori, not only do you say ever such nice things about me, thank you muchly, you made amazing connections here ... just for info, the M was unintended, but your link is better than great too .. as i think i mentioned before somewhere, I started off just meaning to post Fenrir, then thought of Jill, who seems to like the Norse stuff, then went on to the Fenris Wolf of the Thor comics [though my favourite i was never sure if it was Black Bolt of the FF Inhumans, or maybe the Silver Surfer], then thought of Marty , then went into another realm of association and went with It ....
instinctual
Posted 5/22/2008 6:52 PM (#5634 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Isn't word play such fun! It's like a big play yard for us so called grown ups...too fun!

You are so kind to make specific references for all of us!

Smiles from across the pond!

Instinctual (most often) Lori
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/23/2008 6:00 AM (#5642 - in reply to #5634)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Lori; my little variant on the game was inspired by MollyB's 'Love' post - still amazing after all these threads !!!
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... >
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software