University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Metaphysical Word Game
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

sunflower
Posted 7/31/2008 6:03 AM (#8083 - in reply to #8082)
Subject: RE: Metaphysical Word Game

Elite Veteran

oops sorry paul,i didn,t see your quest,we are all on a quest for the truth,must look,before i leap,love irisxxx
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 6:09 AM (#8084 - in reply to #8082)

PhD Alumni

aah what a divine connection to the Sacred Mother, Sunflower, great link ...nice, thanks Humm x

... as for Quintissential (not sure I've spelt it right either but too busy to check!) - I think it means the absolute essence, core, heart of anything .. there was a good 70s rock band called, Quintessence, who did quite metaphysical music as I recall.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 6:12 AM (#8085 - in reply to #8083)

PhD Alumni

Ha ha Iris - was your leaping a subtly quick reference back to A E H ? That poem was from, A Shropshire Lad, and Shropshire as you will know but others mayn;t is on the Wlesh/English borders ... very funny; no probs with the additional Q --

.. join the Queue ! Ha ha again .
sunflower
Posted 7/31/2008 6:39 AM (#8089 - in reply to #8085)

Elite Veteran

ahhh,backon the same wavelengh.Ohh,i still love the word,serenipity,x
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 6:41 AM (#8090 - in reply to #8089)

PhD Alumni

But whatever happened to

R

?
sunflower
Posted 7/31/2008 7:38 AM (#8095 - in reply to #8090)

Elite Veteran

wheres my d gone,i posted it,before you posted the r,so your r has come before my d,oh dr.lost in the sands of time,gosh,doesn, time fly,i was meant ot go ages ago,and doesn,t gosh,sound poshx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 7:54 AM (#8096 - in reply to #8095)

PhD Alumni

.... maybe they have gone into the world of Jabberwocky, with the frumious bandersnatch, where words can mean what you want them to mean and just enjoy the sound & music they make ...

but why 'D', if we were on 'Q' or even perchance, 'R' ... ahh .. we maybe lost in the Wood of Words within the Trees of Dipthongs and Vowels and Epithets, amidst the Forests of Witherings and Wonderings ... where broken signposts lead us to the beaches and shores of Eternal Play and Wonderous Folly ..

... now where were we .. ?!
Chotuni
Posted 7/31/2008 8:31 AM (#8101 - in reply to #8096)

Regular

"R"-Radiethesia(science of pendulum dowsing-T.C.Lethbridge). I hope that is the right spelling

Edited by Chotuni 7/31/2008 8:39 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 8:45 AM (#8102 - in reply to #8101)

PhD Alumni

(placing D in parenthesis, until we get back there ... that ok Sunflower?)

S = Shambhala: in Tibetan Buddhsim an ancient mythical spiritual kingdom hidden deep in the Himalaya (also thus now a publishing house of esotriec books, and contemporary meditation centres) ... in Sanskrit, a place of peace and happiness ...
Chotuni
Posted 7/31/2008 8:55 AM (#8103 - in reply to #8102)

Regular

"T"- TengYingfen............8th century Ch'an sage who decided to shock his students by not taking to his deathbed but to stand on his head until he died.This was in the hope he would give some of his students enough of a psychic shock they would instantly attain "satori"(enlightenment). Phew

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 9:05 AM (#8104 - in reply to #8103)

PhD Alumni

Hmmm .. an upside down death poem then (reminiscing back to NE and his Death Poems) ... and I wonder if he influenced Lewis Carrol's 'Father William' - "you are old Father William the young man said ...'is that why you repeatedly stand on your head' "
... that's not qute right from memory .. now from wikisource ... & Alice in Wonderland ..

"You are old, Father William," the young man said,
"And your hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on your head -
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"

"In my youth," Father William replied to his son,
"I feared it might injure the brain;
But now that I'm perfectly sure I have none,
Why, I do it again and again."

"You are old," said the youth, "As I mentioned before,
And have grown most uncommonly fat;
Yet you turned a back-somersault in at the door -
Pray, what is the reason of that?"

"In my youth," said the sage, as he shook his grey locks,
"I kept all my limbs very supple
By the use of this ointment - one shilling the box -
Allow me to sell you a couple?"

"You are old," said the youth, "And your jaws are too weak
For anything tougher than suet;
Yet you finished the goose, with the bones and the beak
Pray, how did you manage to do it?"

"In my youth," said his father, "I took to the law,
And argued each case with my wife;
And the muscular strength which it gave to my jaw,
Has lasted the rest of my life."

"You are old," said the youth, "one would hardly suppose
That your eye was as steady as ever;
Yet you balanced an eel on the end of your nose -
What has made you so awfully clever?"

"I have answered three questions, and that is enough,"
Said his father; "don't give yourself airs!
Do you think I can listen all day to such stuff?
Be off, or I'll kick you down stairs!"

Retrieved from "http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/You_Are_Old%2C_Father_William"
sunflower
Posted 8/1/2008 1:36 AM (#8130 - in reply to #8102)

Elite Veteran

violet,the highest spiritual colour of the chakras,mixed with silver,a true and powerful connection,not forgetting the silver cord that connects,..pj,it will be fine kept inparenthesisx
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 3:58 AM (#8136 - in reply to #8104)

PhD Alumni

SSoorrryyyyyy Dear Cara

It is me, me, all me, sorry - there was indeed an R, your Rue, and I just got carried away with the poetical associations to the lovely poem by AEH, that I quite forgot where we started ... please forgive me that, and also

.. i must pray, beg forebearance with introducing Alice, Father William and elsewhere Jabberowcky ... my assoicaitons tend to run free and wild when the Barakka hits me on the site, and takes me anywhere the Divine It, or Thou wills .... isn;t that part of the metaphysical fun ?

Also, Lewis Carroll's real name was Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (I think) and he was a mathematician, and we have also writen elsewhere as to how maths reflects the Divine ... & isn;t Alice a symbolically metaphysical text?

... we have written elsehwre on how poetry means, making, creation, the word, and in employing the word creatively we are reflecting God's Work ... well that's my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it ..

But I do admit, I am very hard work (on myself more than most), and many say, far too intense ...

Is that clearer ? Hope so; let me know if not ....
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 3:59 AM (#8137 - in reply to #8104)

PhD Alumni

SSoorrryyyyyy Dear Cara

It is me, me, all me, sorry - there was indeed an R, your Rue, and I just got carried away with the poetical associations to the lovely poem by AEH, that I quite forgot where we started ... please forgive me that, and also

.. i must pray, beg forebearance with introducing Alice, Father William and elsewhere Jabberowcky ... my assoicaitons tend to run free and wild when the Barakka hits me on the site, and takes me anywhere the Divine It, or Thou wills .... isn;t that part of the metaphysical fun ?

Also, Lewis Carroll's real name was Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (I think) and he was a mathematician, and we have also writen elsewhere as to how maths reflects the Divine ... & isn;t Alice a symbolically metaphysical text?

... we have written elsehwre on how poetry means, making, creation, the word, and in employing the word creatively we are reflecting God's Work ... well that's my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it ..

But I do admit, I am very hard work (on myself more than most), and many say, far too intense ...

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 4:00 AM (#8138 - in reply to #8104)

PhD Alumni

SSoorrryyyyyy Dear Cara

Also, Lewis Carroll's real name was Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (I think) and he was a mathematician (and I think, a Reverend), and we have also writen elsewhere as to how maths reflects the Divine ... & isn;t Alice a symbolically metaphysical text?

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/1/2008 4:01 AM
sunflower
Posted 8/1/2008 4:10 AM (#8142 - in reply to #8138)

Elite Veteran

now pooh,this is what i find confusing,i have been on for a while,on my own,and an invisible user,and posting fine,yet,your has come out thrice,as was the prob before,so,as they said it was sorted,mmm,unless i am mistaken,and you pressed 3 times,did you,haha,sounds likean interrogation,not meant,just confusing.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 4:17 AM (#8145 - in reply to #8142)

PhD Alumni

I pressed onc,e then it took a long time, then it went off and it said, page expired, so I pressed again. Then it came back, so I pressed agaain. So in answer to your question, yes ... but I see that inadvertently last night I did not log off propoerly so may have been logged in all night, when I ws asleep (Ha ha!) ... so maybe the system gets tired if it is left on too long ...

... these machines & systems are only human, aren;t they !!

keep laughing x
sunflower
Posted 8/1/2008 4:24 AM (#8147 - in reply to #8145)

Elite Veteran

yep,now,haha,sorrry,can,t stop my smiling,i sound so serious,right,yesterday,i logged off every single time,as was explained to do,but did anyway,so tried again,still,and yet still,pooh,i am seen as being logged in this morning,i must be so attached,i write,type etc in my sleep,astral postings hahax
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 4:26 AM (#8148 - in reply to #8147)

PhD Alumni

Join the Club .. ! x
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 5:11 AM (#8157 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

more than happy to oblige Cara dear -

W = William Shakespeare, poet, playwright, dramatist, sometime property owner in Stratford on Avonm, married to Anne hathaway, whose poetical works, in my humble opinion, spanned the range and gamut of humanity, plumbing depths and heights of metaphysical awarenesses in most subtle of ways .. especially his Hamlet ... and those sonnets, dedicated to the Dark Lady ...

Namaste

impossible to know how he did it really

(if W for a first name doesn;t count let me know and I'll do another !)

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/1/2008 5:11 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 5:44 AM (#8164 - in reply to #5027)

PhD Alumni

Great one ... and, with all due respect to other faiths, how close that is to Christian symbolism ...
Chotuni
Posted 8/1/2008 9:00 AM (#8179 - in reply to #5027)

Regular

"W"-Warlock....a person who has broken an oath and because of that has been ostracized by the community.(Wicca and Witchcraft, Denise Zimmermann and Katherine A. Gleason)
Chotuni
Posted 8/2/2008 9:23 AM (#8250 - in reply to #8179)

Regular

"Y"  Yoruba religion

Yoruba believe in a supreme being, in primordial divinities, and spirits that have been deified. God is known as Olodumare (the one who has the fullness of everything) and Olorun (the owner of heaven, the Lord whose abode is in the heaven above). Other names are also used that reflect the Yoruba belief that God has all the possible attributes of a person.
As the Supreme Being created heaven and earth, he also brought into existence hundreds of divinities, and the spirits (Orisa, or Imole, and Ebora). Other historical figures, such as kings, culture heroes, founders of cities, etc. were deified, and are invoked along with personifications of natural forces such as earth, wind, trees, river, lagoon, sea, rock, hills and mountains. As in other African societies, Yoruba also believe in the active existence of the deceased ancestors.

Chotuni
Posted 8/2/2008 9:29 AM (#8251 - in reply to #8250)

Regular

"Z"   Zeitoun...Egypt.

In 1968 thousands of Copts witnessed a vision of the "Virgin Mary" at Zeitoun.

p.s. is no-one else playing?

sunflower
Posted 8/2/2008 11:33 AM (#8255 - in reply to #8251)

Elite Veteran

of course choti,A,as always,Angels,todays are,Ambriel,Michael,and Raphael,all,relative in the moment,irisx
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software