University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing the World Mind
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/7/2008 4:26 PM (#5007 - in reply to #5004)
Subject: RE: Changing the World Mind

PhD Alumni

Have i used this quote yet ? :

"To be full of things is to be empty of God. To be empty of things is to be full of God" (Meister Eckhart 13thc [ not Eckart Tolle] !!) - one of my favourites.

It is paradoxical. I think. To receive, we have to be empty. But to permit ourselves to be empty, we first seem to have to realize a self that we have to let go of (sorry, bad grammar, but it seems to work best that way).
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/7/2008 4:28 PM (#5008 - in reply to #5007)

PhD Alumni

Oh and while I'm about it I may as well offer my other favourite quote, this from St Theresa of Avila:

"All the way to Heaven is Heaven"
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/3/2008 8:44 AM (#11992 - in reply to #5008)

PhD Alumni

Leafing through old threads I came across this one, started by Tracy, which resonated a little for me with Kiddo's, 'I like myself because', and the direction that the 'sacred texts' thread has gone in: so just thought I'd toss this back into the mix for fun
Vance
Posted 11/3/2008 10:28 AM (#11997 - in reply to #4853)

Tracy Martin - 4/28/2008 9:29 PM

1. What does being awake or enlightened mean to you?
2. Does the raising of your consciousness assist the world? Why? How?
3. What is your hope for humanity?

1. To understand the nature of ones Being as consciousness and luminosity.

2. Yes. The core of Being is a single holographic entity. A shift in any single part causes a shift that affects the whole, first at an unconscious level then eventually on a conscious level.

3. To learn self-responsibility and quit giving up personal power to anything outside of Itself. Humanity is already loving and more conscious than we give it credit for. The fault isn't in those qualities that are non-loving or unconscious, but because we are easily manipulated to give up personal power to "outer authorities" who don't have the best interest of humanity as a consideration. Humanity keeps being "distracted" from it's love and conscientiousness due to looking OUTSIDE for what defines life instead of staying within and letting that define life.
mruppert
Posted 11/7/2008 2:33 AM (#12200 - in reply to #4853)

Hiho all:
     Vance, as I understand it, and perhaps in great depth, the nature of a holographic image and, hence, the concept of a holographic universe is that if you have the least little fragment of it, you view the whole of it.
      In real world terms, if you have a holographic plate of say a Chinese Apple, mind you I am not talking about a photographic plate, but a holographic plate....and you smash that plate into ten billion pieces, if you shine the lasers through the smallest fragment, you see the Chinese Apple. The whole Chinese Apple.
And, Vance, the natural inclination is to reach out and touch it. But, you cannot.
       The Chinese Apple is not a painting or a clay model or an illusion, it is really there. But, you cannot touch it.

Peace and Paws,
Marty and Silycon Cats, Luck, Poopy, and Sisterly
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/7/2008 6:38 AM (#12203 - in reply to #12200)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty, are you then saying, by implication, that we can touch the core of our Being ? (I suspect we can, though not in ways that are obviously accessible - but just wondering what your take on this is - interesting)
mruppert
Posted 11/8/2008 11:05 PM (#12265 - in reply to #12203)

Paul Joseph - 11/7/2008 6:38 AM Hi Marty, are you then saying, by implication, that we can touch the core of our Being ? (I suspect we can, though not in ways that are obviously accessible - but just wondering what your take on this is - interesting)

Hi PiJai:

I wish I knew what I am saying. but I don't! I know that the holographic image IS the thing as it is. I know that the holographic image from the least fragment of the original, the most atomic, subatomic smallest piece is the thing, itself. I picked the pomegranite, we call them Chinese Apples, because that is how I first saw IT....the ride from Chinatown to a noted university uptown NYC, and heavily funded because of a teaching medschool who had lasers and we did what we wanted because we were young, stupid and free, and thought we might do something to change the world, and create peace and love and understanding.You can go over, under, around and see all aspects of that Chinese Apple....as it sits on the examination table, and you see a dark speck below the stem on the right quadrant, it is there in the holographic image.......some jerk decided to cut the Chinese apple (the examination table one) open and then I do not remember what happened other than the power got cut and the campus cops were knocking on the door and tossed us out of the building saying we had no business being in there.

So, Paul my friend, I am saying that you can, indeed, touch the core of your being and ALL being. We were dumb kids, you are not. We had no true clue what we did, except that it was heavily influenced by alcohol, minor drugs, and exuberance of youth. Our experiments (ALL LEGAL BY THE WAY, just in case ) with psychotropic drugs was pivotal for some and mundane for most. But, it affected me..and I guess that is all that counts. The lesson I learned was profound.

Peace-cicle,

Marty and Luck, Popp and Sissell

Vance
Posted 11/9/2008 2:17 AM (#12267 - in reply to #12200)

mruppert - 11/7/2008 2:33 AM

Hiho all:
     Vance, as I understand it, and perhaps in great depth, the nature of a holographic image and, hence, the concept of a holographic universe is that if you have the least little fragment of it, you view the whole of it.
      In real world terms, if you have a holographic plate of say a Chinese Apple, mind you I am not talking about a photographic plate, but a holographic plate....and you smash that plate into ten billion pieces, if you shine the lasers through the smallest fragment, you see the Chinese Apple. The whole Chinese Apple.
And, Vance, the natural inclination is to reach out and touch it. But, you cannot.
       The Chinese Apple is not a painting or a clay model or an illusion, it is really there. But, you cannot touch it.

Peace and Paws,
Marty and Silycon Cats, Luck, Poopy, and Sisterly

Subjective consciousness isn't touched . . . it is perceived. Our mistake is to think all consciousness or perceptions are "touched" or objective. Expansion of consciousness is into the subjective realm.

There is a field of energy within the aura that is a holographic template of everything around us. When you look into someones aura you "see" a glow that is someones consciousness. The consciousness casts a glow on parts of that holographic substance and perception occurs. Expansion of consciousness deals with increasing that glow and learning to perceive things we don't normally perceive within that holographic field within us.

A good book is "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. It is written from a metaphysical / consciousness point of view.

Edited by Vance 11/9/2008 2:24 AM
sunflower
Posted 11/9/2008 5:00 AM (#12273 - in reply to #12203)

Elite Veteran

come on paulo,you know you can now buy that info,put it in the cart,unless your a student,and learn all about it,i am in the labrynthe,just starting,a friend bought me a gift last week,it was only £1,99,its fantastic,it came on what i call seredipitoous wings,i had mentaly asked,and a the gift appeared,now how did my brother know what my thoughts were,when the pupils ready,etc,knowledge is free,why pay huge amounts for enlightenment,oops scuse me,been there,got banned,when one learns the truth,they should pledge to pass it on,in fact its a divine stipulaton,the purpose of,oh well,i waffle,i,m not a student,praise the lord,my prayers were answered,at a time most needed,thats how it works for me,something is making me unsettled verily,my passions are flaring red again,off i go,needs must,iris
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/9/2008 5:18 AM (#12274 - in reply to #12273)

PhD Alumni

I wasn't at all meaning, Iris, that it has to be bought - au contraire, too busy to check my Jesus sayings, but, is not the Kingdom of Heaven is the pearl of great price that cannot be bought ... except with everything one has .... or some such ... ?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software