University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing the World Mind
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Tracy Martin
Posted 4/28/2008 9:29 PM (#4853)
Subject: Changing the World Mind

Alumni

1. What does being awake or enlightened mean to you?
2. Does the raising of your consciousness assist the world? Why? How?
3. What is your hope for humanity?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Louise
Posted 4/29/2008 4:08 AM (#4855 - in reply to #4853)
Subject: RE: Changing the World Mind

UMS Student

Some very brief thoughts..

1. Being awake for me is about being aware of the self, for seeing ourlseves in this drama and human condition, accepting and allowintg our wholeness - our light and dark, how perfectly imperfect we are, how significantly insignificant - or maybe that is insignificantly significant ) I'm not sure about being enlightened - I could talk about the theory but I suppose I'm working on that - I like to think that being enlightened is not about escaping human reality and living a perception of holiness - as Marianne Williamson says: there is nothing enlightened in shrinking so that others do not feel insecure around you (or something like that) - my own perception of enlightened is related to brilliance and authenticity.
2. As Marianne Williamson says: in shining your light, your presence automatically liberates others - I am a believer that our duty is to ourselves - in radiating our true natures, we need do nothing more..all else that is natural flows - what can be better where like attracts like - our authenticity and truth attracting more of this into our lives and in doing so, increasing our magnetism - drawing out the same truth in others
3. I'd like to think that we can get to a stage where we ask better questions - there are a lot of forums that show the current stage of humanity - we are asking and we are are wanting to find the key to unlock the truth within us but we are still very much focussed on self - why can't I, how can I, when will I, I need help to release...I have a dream where a common question is How Can I Free Myself From Self - questions that demonstrate that we are conscious of our uncnonsciousness - we are still very much focussed on fixing the 'I' - I'd love to think we can get beyond it.
Thanks for the questions, very thought provoking
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/29/2008 5:05 AM (#4859 - in reply to #4853)

PhD Alumni

Wow Tracy ... how long have you got ? Feel i need ground rules about responding - do i use references? Do I read others' posts first ? (interesting response Louise, with which I absolutely resonate)... [just joking Tracy!] But I will say that I try to be conscious about attributing sources, so better start by a general acknowledgement that my answers have been influenced by the following, but more too than I can credit: ums, don Miguel Ruiz, Castaneda's don Juan Mateus, Tao Te Ching, Meister Eckhart, Martin Buber, C G Jung, Gurdjeiff, Shakespeare, etc etc (that'll do for now !). I will also aim for one sentence each.

ANSWERS:

1. To be alert to the infinite possibilities of myself at each and every given moment; and by doing that, discover eternity within the Now;
2. Ultimately I can only change my own consciousness; but by doing that, I might act as a stone dropped in a pond, that evokes ripples going on without end. Why? What else is our purpose ? How? Who knows? The unseen effects of consciousness are a mystery, but I would say, 'a fact'
3. That we turn around and embrace creation rather than abuse and exploit it

Intriguing exercise.
Namaste
MollyB
Posted 4/29/2008 11:14 AM (#4863 - in reply to #4853)

Student

1. Remembering I am Divine and having a human experience...and so is everyone else.
2. We're all interconnected, like leaves on the tree of the Universal Mind. Any change I make cannot be separate from the whole because all is from the same Source.
3. That we choose wisely.
Tracy
Posted 4/29/2008 11:56 AM (#4864 - in reply to #4853)

Student

1. Being awake to me means being aware of the present moment, connecting to the need of the moment in the environment and in relationships, allowing my creative loving Self to flow through me. It is being aware and accepting of the shadow as well as the light.
2. The healing of myself, the raising of my consciousness touches all of the people and the environment I encounter. I also believe it has an impact on the mass consciousness and helps us all to access divine creativity for challenging situations.
3. "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...one day the world will live as one!" I hope that compassionate communication becomes our ordinary way of speaking to one another, that as I learn, so do others. I hope we really begin to tackle all issues with a view to heal and nurture.
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/29/2008 12:02 PM (#4865 - in reply to #4853)

Alumni

I suppose my hopes for this thread was to have your personal views on the questions because I find that that is what is most meaningful and inspiring. Hearing the Master within you speaking rejoices the heart and mind!
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/29/2008 3:31 PM (#4867 - in reply to #4865)

PhD Alumni

That's what i guessed, but I never like to make too many assumptions !
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/29/2008 3:52 PM (#4869 - in reply to #4855)

Alumni

Louise, your message is greatly needed! So many of us embrace the transcendent states of consciousness and avoid dealing with those states that we find less pleasant. Grounding oneself in the body, connecting to the Earth is so needed in this time. We are "bringing heaven to Earth."   As I view the chakra meditation responses it is interesting to notice that many of our students are very much connected to the higher three chakras and have many blocks in the lower three! It seems that our journey goes from light to light with everincreasing loving acceptance for our vulnerable selves.

One of my first reactions to hearing that I needed to come to loving acceptance of the ego was "NO way! This ego has tried to kill me, to limit me and cause my body and mind and heart to become more and more rigid!" But, we come to learn the wisdom of the human self while connecting to the Higher. Making friends with ourselves. I would like to hear so much more from you on this.

instinctual
Posted 4/29/2008 7:31 PM (#4870 - in reply to #4853)

PhD Alumni

1: It means experiencing this life in fuller color and more depth, it means altering by awakening.

2: Yes! The raising of one person's consciousness has a most contagious effect on others. Raised consciousness manifests itself in terms of one's behavior. One's observation of another's behavior can ignite belief and faith and passion, thereby raising the observer's vibrational level. That person is then observed or in the presence of others, and so on and so on.

3: My hope for humanity is for us all the achieve our maximal level of enlightenment. If we all achieved the same level of it, the world would be somewhat robotic in nature, and we would lose the humanity aspect.
Supernatural3
Posted 4/29/2008 8:59 PM (#4871 - in reply to #4853)

PhD Alumni

Hmmmmm, Thinker Questions.... lol

1. What does being awake or enlightened mean to you? To have 100% complete faith in eternal and intelligent being.

2. Does the raising of your consciousness assist the world? I think it does.... Why? I have a way with people (more so in person) to where the majority of them really WANT to learn more of my way of being happy. How? Because they see my life being a great one, they see my happiness, my success, and they want it. I swear I have more friends whom just have horrible bad luck, they always turn to me for advice and help and it always does help. One person at a time. Also, through the use of hypnosis, i help those achieve their goals, desires, wants or needs. To change your thought, changes your world. Change it happy. It's a conscious / subconscious thing.

3. What is your hope for humanity? To accept that perhaps the devil isn't going to get anyone, because it's a man-made theory. Even if the world blows up, we will all be fine anyway. The big boom will create another planet, at which we will vacation on again, away from our real spirit home with God. Life is eternal.... so lets play!
mruppert
Posted 4/30/2008 1:02 AM (#4877 - in reply to #4853)

<"One of my first reactions to hearing that I needed to come to lovingacceptance of the ego was "NO way! This ego has tried to kill me, tolimit me and cause my body and mind and heart to become more and morerigid!" But, we come to learn the wisdom of the human self whileconnecting to the Higher. Making friends with ourselves. I would liketo hear so much more from you on this.">
Well, Traceline, your worst nightmare.....you get to hear from me!
     The will, morality and majority of those whom you surrounded yourself with; the sheer exuberance of existence, as good or as bad as it was, caused you to do whatever it is that you have done in the past. That is superego...the imposition of the will of the majority (as broad or immediate as it might be) .
Your sense of self worth, i.e. ego, of course is influenced by the super ego.
 We all are!
      To all: Ego is the sense of "self worth" which we all have. I do not believe the ego Tracernaut to have no worthiness for existing. I believe she has done a great service for me, that she may not know. Therefore, her raison d'etre, has great meaning and significance to me. And, I am sure that is true for others who have known her.
      Sooooo....Tracel, know that I think of you as you, not some transcendental entity, but just you...and in so doing, I can feel the "heat" of your growing enlightenment.
And now your questions and my answers:
1) That I am a silly, stupid, ignorant old man that talks to animals of all kinds, shapes and forms.
2) Yes, in that I now know that there are "true" healers; that they exist, and they are few among us. No matter how much we try to mimic them with some techniques, philosophies, rituals or programs, WE will only be a sham in comparison to their power.
3) That in our new home, we don't repeat what we did here!

As you may well read, T-Race-y, I am not a cheerleader for what we have done...people think we can reverse global warming, but that is sheer silliness. It is all ready a foregone process and conclusion. We will survive that, but only to face other challenges.
Won't anyone who comes after us find it strange that the dinosaurs reigned for a lot longer on the planet than humans did? Good ole T-Rex got knocked out by an asterioid...we did it to ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Universal Love,
Marty and SpaceReady Cats, Luck, Popp, and Siss
sunflower
Posted 4/30/2008 2:29 AM (#4880 - in reply to #4853)

Elite Veteran

i think this is a very good post,in that it stops a person,soul,to think of themselves,who they are,and what they can change about themselves,that they may not have realized how far they may or may not,have come to realizing how far thier own progression and understandig of the self,can have an impact on others,good or bad,and how we can and do hurt those closest to us,because we think by our inner knowledge,we are higher than others,therefore if not adressed,our super ego takes over,and we become deaf to others call for help,or insecuruies,and attack and defend,as each of us beleive we are right,when in fact,those who know nothing of awarness,spirit,are often the souls who have the most inner knowledge,without realising it,which makes them happy with who they are,and have no need to question,but help the spirits in trouble,pain,with no thought,no malice,it comes naturaly,we sometimes talk too much,and not listen,in the quiet,to that which is being truly said,we are all as one,a chain ,that chain has been broken,links are missing,we need to hold hands with our neighbours,friends enemies,and become a whole again,then the chain becomes complete.

1.being awake or enlightened to me means to be aware of the true spirit,the divine,it gives hope that the traums we go through,and need to go through,they are our lessons,and we are not alone in our depression,or times of suferring,but a higher source is available,to help and guide,and show us that love is the most imprtant thing,to give to recieve,and to know we are here for a purpose,each a different journey,but ultimately,each arriving in the end,at the same destination,realizing that each at their own pace,but most of all to be kinder to our own spirit soul,to go within,for if we are not healed,we can not help or heal others.

2. only if others are ready and willing to listen,and learn,if more were enlightened,spirit concious,the world,and self would heal,but the nature of man,with free will,is deaf,and blind,the world,at this time,needs more spirtiuality,it is on a self destruct path,time to call in the angels

3.that they may see,hear listen,in time,and learn to love heal,not hate and destroy

sorry if this post is too long,i got carried away in the moment,luv and hugs.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/30/2008 3:37 AM (#4882 - in reply to #4880)

PhD Alumni

Resonations Marty ... no post is too long is it Sunflower? I just placed a restriction on myself as a form of self discipline and to assist focus.

I personally find it very difficult to emerge from my shadow and embrace/radiate the higher self/light within.
Nefertiti
Posted 4/30/2008 11:13 AM (#4895 - in reply to #4853)

1. Being aware that we are all connected as a whole.
2. I hope that it assists the world, at least to bring about a new conscious. We have been trapt in old times, with passages that make people feel so damned. Metaphysical learning will help other see that the choice has always been one's own.
3. If it doesn't last on this planet, it will last on another. But, while on this planet, lets take care of it, so we can experience better things for ourselves and our children.

Be well
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/1/2008 6:54 AM (#4910 - in reply to #4895)

PhD Alumni

Nefertiti - now there's a screen name to conjure with, or from .. connected as a whole ... butterfly wings in China and storms in Europe .... six, or seven degrees of separation .... Metaphysics the true science .... Yogananda Paramhansa and the science of yoga ... journeying to the distant universe of our own inner conscious ...

when tear evaporates into the atmosphere or falls into the sea, is that an aspect of the dissolution of consciousness into the All-That-Is ?

Worlds beyond worlds, infinity beyond measure, the world in a grain of sand, faith in a mustard seed ....

everything for the best, in the best of all possible worlds ....

may peace and peace and peace be everywhere

[just some random associations, evoked by this thread and posts ...]
Louise
Posted 5/1/2008 4:36 PM (#4921 - in reply to #4853)

UMS Student

Hi - in response to Tracy's comments about coming to terms with the ego - I find this a very fascinating exploration. My personal view (so only right for me) is that we are on a human journey - not a spiritual one - for We ARE spirit. If it was divine order, we would already be operating at the levels of consciousness that we are striving for. Everything is perfect and in order right now. We are all perfect and in order (for all of our flaws and beauty) at this very moment. We are miraculous expressions of consciousness within this human form. I personally am quite enjoying this journey (this being my feeling for today - I won't want to read it when I'm in 'that place') - I don't want to be Just IS - Just IS is indifferent. I want to be an observer and see what I can do with this power of unlimited potential within the frustration of the limited form. At this moment of evolution, we are awakening to the fact that we are not the body - yet our healing is of a human one - as Tracy says, we are bringing heaven to earth - not heaven in heaven (or doing our best to escape the earth, to be in heaven) - our root chakra is just as important and just as spiritual as our crown chakra - denial of the parts of us that connect us with earth is denying our life's purpose. Whilst we are here in the human form, our destiny is not to be one of spirit form. I believe that 'spirituality'could be leading us up the garden path. I think I'm going to launch 'humanlity' ) because we might just have a better chance to evolve and bring heaven into earth, once we come to terms with the pain of being human.

On a slightly different but related subject, I wrote a post on http://thelantern-bearer.com/2008/02/25/display-of-the-ego/ which I had previously unpublished because I was wanting to get this thing about the ego off my chest. I've had some interesting experiences where I felt I had to reject the ego by some quite powerful 'spiritual'people and fortunately was given the opportunity to see that taken this route meant that the ego was going to shout louder until it was reconciled. So if you don't mind my ego being diplayed, please give it a read...

Love me, love my ego
x
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/1/2008 5:08 PM (#4925 - in reply to #4853)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the signpost to your site, Louise, i will check out.

I, actually, find materialising the 'Is', profoundly complex, and perhaps the most difficult thing imaginable.

But perhaps that's just me.

Sometimes, most days, waking up, breathing again, seeing the light and the day, are the most miracle of miracle.

Nothing easy about anything. Except, the Is. (Ha Ha!!) xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/1/2008 5:26 PM (#4926 - in reply to #4853)

PhD Alumni

ps, Louise

and if might be meant, 'up the garden path'

if that leads to the Sacred Garden of the Soul, aka, Paradise, aka, Heaven on Earth - count me in.
NothingEverything
Posted 5/2/2008 4:25 AM (#4943 - in reply to #4853)

UMS Student

Tracy Martin - 2008-04-29 10:29 AM

1. What does being awake or enlightened mean to you?
2. Does the raising of your consciousness assist the world? Why? How?
3. What is your hope for humanity?

1. Being awake means truly being, to me.
2. I dont consider my consciousness to be totally seperate from the world.
3. "to see, restore, and rejoin", these words I use to encompass many hopes for humanity
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/2/2008 5:37 AM (#4946 - in reply to #4943)

PhD Alumni

Nice.
schenn
Posted 5/6/2008 11:25 AM (#4994 - in reply to #4853)

1. Being aware of the illusionary nature of reality and/or being able to freely think for onesself regardless of how one is pressured to think. Interacting with their environment instead of their environment interacting with them.

2. The more people awaken, the more the spirit of the world awakens. This empowers humanity beyond the limitations of animilistic behaviors. Which in turn enlightens people away from fear and hate and towards love and peace.

3. Transendence to the state of being pure concious energy, barring that; I'd like to see a move away from wars and fights towards science and art. Away from the instinctual, "I MUST BE ALPHA MALE" sensations that has brought our species to this breaking point we find ourselves in, and towards a "How can our community, our people, improve and how can I assist them"
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/6/2008 4:48 PM (#4997 - in reply to #4853)

PhD Alumni

Good stuff ... I gave up the alpha male stuff but equally find it hard to work up to the Beta Male .... you can find me drifting somewhere way out on the Via Negativa, if I could even find the way there ...
mruppert
Posted 5/6/2008 11:05 PM (#5000 - in reply to #4853)

Hi all:
     Much of what was said here rings quite true.
     But, I can't quite let go of how we use the word "ego."
     Maybe it is because I wrote a paper on it in my college days, which the goodly Father Smolko didn't like since I may not have incorporated the proper piety. The truth of it being that I had no piety....I had fun.....making tomato soup out of ketchup packets, eating oodles of noodles (the old fashioned kind). Yet, I always had plenty of money for beer! Good old Canadian Ace, which was a buck a sixpack. I'd buy ten cases at a time and, thereby, feed and nourish myself and my friends, albeit in a  "spiritual" manner.
      I digress......to believe oneself better than another because one makes a whoppers big salary, lives in a McMansion, drives a Beamer Box, wears Armani, carries pouty mouth stuff in a Gucci bag, gets the invite to the Lah Deh Dah Cotillion, is on the Board of Directors of the Save the Spotted Sea Slug Foundation, eats at Le Cirque, has a villa in Tuscany, slamdunks a basketball with good hangtime, swims to an Olympic gold medal, is the head of a tv ministry, or even operates a website of spiritual enlightenment is EGOTISTICAL.
      Notice, though, that the operative words here are "to believe oneself better than another." I do not begrudge any who can do, and do, all of the above. For sure, the roundball player and the swimmer are, indeed, better than me in the attributes that it takes to do what they do. However, are any of these people more worthy of existence than you or me?
      Over the course of time on these forums, I have feebly tried to explain the difference between "religious experience" and religion; and also "ego" and egotism and superego. They are completely different things in my view. And yes, I know that this sometimes reads as tedious and academic for many.
       The egotistical persons in the world, care little for you or me. What is worse about them, is that they (in actuality) care little about themselves, since their love of and for themselves primarily is derived from the worship, adoration, envy and jealousy of others.
        But, those who have a "healthy" since of self worth (which IS ego) by virtue of that, have a sense of the same qualities in others; and respect and love others who are of the same cloth.
Furthermore, they are compelled to help others, by sharing their experiences (good and bad) on the journey to self realization, which is indeed, part of enlightenment.
        I may pick on Tracepaper, but she is the best example that I have. Her past experiences caused her to feel a certain way about herself, a judgemental way, although  simply based on the superego of others. What I have tried to say, is that she always was a "self worthy" person; in other words, a person that does have something to give to others...she has something to give to us and I am grateful for that. Lo and behold, that giving comes from deep within her. She has ego, and I am glad that she does. Oh, and if I have embarrassed you, Traceelement, you are welcome to chastise me publicly!
     In closing, it is always amusing to me to read things written by people with mystical, magical, clever screen names that are not their names, and they bash the concept of ego. It shows how they have an ego exoskeleton (past posts, a long while ago, in another forum). PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, TAKE NO OFFENSE!
It is just my observation and no attack or harm is meant by my statement. I enjoy and embrace each and everyone here.  Someone here gave me a really nice name, and I will close with that.....
Peace and Love,
Mr. Muppet; and Puppet Cats, Luckylee, Poppyhead, and the SissyGirl      
MollyB
Posted 5/7/2008 12:32 PM (#5003 - in reply to #4853)

Student

LOL! The Lah Deh Dah Cotillion is priceless! Is that something like the Hoity Toity Ball?!
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/7/2008 12:52 PM (#5004 - in reply to #5000)

Alumni

Ahhhhh hahahahhahaha!!!!! Thank you for lifting my heart even higher mr. muppet! I get it! I understand! Egotistical, egoism, egotism is different from healthy ego. We need to stop bashing ourselves. Just as I have suspected.

From one martian to another {{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software